It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Hurricane Frances Makes Landfall!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
From my mom (Grandma's daughter)....
"I talked to her this morning. She claims she CAN'T get out. Freeways are a mess already, no flights to anywhere left, no hotel rooms anywhere. She says there is no place to go. I can believe it is pandemonium down there with people on the east coast trying to get somewhere else safe. She said she has a couple staying with her and she's getting a generator today. All we can do is pray at this point."

At least she has some friends this time

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I expected it to be like that. I insisted my Mom leave Vero Beach last night and drive up to our home in Jax.

She did, thank god.

Hope your Grandma remains safe. Sebring appears to be in the path.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Here are some of the links I'm using to track this monster....

The NOAA predicted path charts...
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

I actually have the NOAA National Hurricane Center (Atlantic) as an RSS feed dumping all the latest into my www.bloglines.com... account. Makes it a bit easier to stay current.

Quick snapshot of the US precipitation...
www.weathertap.com...

The GEOS satallite....
www.weather.unisys.com...
Click on "loop 12" to view a 1.3meg animation of shots.

Warning and Advisorys, colorful and county clickable...
www.stormdisplay.com...

Weather Underground has tons of good stuff, especially this color satallite - zoomable map....
www.wunderground.com...
....and a quick map of hot spots...
www.wunderground.com...

Some cams...
www.beachview.com...
www.beachview.com...
floridakeysmedia.tv...

Thats it.
-Scott

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

She said she has a couple staying with her and she's getting a generator today.

Make sure she knows to use it outside...AFTER the storm...or she could get CO2 poisoning!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Channel 2 newsChannel 13 News

I live in Volusia County it is a madhouse down here. They are saying if you are in a block home stay put! Board up your windows ,buy supplies if u can find em, get in a safe room and pray!!! Everyone be safe! I'll keep in touch as long as we can.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I talked to my brother about 1pm EDT. He is in Brevard County. He was driving on I-95 from highway 192 north and it took him 30 minutes to get to the Wickham Rd. Exit. A 5 minute drive normally. He was on the Bee Line (I think Bee Line) heading west now and it was bumper to bumper, stop and go traffic again. I wonder how many people will simply run out of gas before making it to safety?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Where's he going exactly?

the middle of the state is going to get spanked too.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
He is looking to go to I-75 and take it north to Atlanta.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
San Salvador should be in the eye at this point.

The newest groundtrack has Frances hitting the eastern Floridian coast RIGHT AT KENNEDY SPACE CENTER...

MOTHER OF PETE! There's no way the VAB can hold up to this!!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Latest track I saw had it going to Palm Beach...

All the schools are closed tomorrow even here, so they can be used as shelters...

For my fellow Floridians, there's a Hurricane Tips thread in the Science and Technology forum.....

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
He is looking to go to I-75 and take it north to Atlanta.

Indy just so you know my husband is heading home I-10 to I-75 he said traffic is bumper to bumper I-75 North bound , traffic starts backing up as far as Gainsville......Be prepared to sit in traffic and if your leaving leave now..He is driving home to Volusia County and said Sount bound traffic is wide openso far. Be safe and will keep you posted Local News Link

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yes in my "complex" in titusville florida alot of windows are boarded up we don't have nothing over ours all stuff was gone! now we just have a house jesus praying and ourself to help us
i don't feel good

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
i in Va. the rain from these just flooded richmond we cant handle any more the slitest wind and a tree will uproot.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by DRAGON27]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
AS of now Im heading towards the keys, its looking better for South Florida and I want to be south of the storm.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
That may not be the best idea jrod. I'm expecting (maybe wrongfully so) that I-95 will be turned into a one way road. Plus there are hints the storm may hit south Florida. Looking at the satellite loop it looks as if the storm has taken quite a large jog to the northwest. Its a little hard to tell because the is isn't in the greatest shape and seems to be trying to reorganize. This job and the eye replacement may cause forecasting problems. But where do you go? Gas is hard to find. Lodging is just as bad. And the roads are a nightmare.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Man I must be getting tired. I didn't even catch in the 5pm advisory that the storm is now moving northwest. So it was more than just a jog in the loop. Its the new trend in movement. If the trend continues it will not move into south florida. This track will reemphasize its threat on the Space Coast.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
anything in the book of nostradomus about france attacking florida or something of that nature. could be one of nostradomus' predictions of france attacking or somethin.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join