It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET UFOs are Not Real

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
To the OP, I can understand your frustration. A few lights are spotted in the sky and all of a sudden shapeshifting aliens from planet futon are impersonating key officials all over the world. The problem for me is that I'm one of the people who've seen these strange object on an occasion or two and it's hard to dismiss. I'm an educated man with a firm grasp of technology and I cannot explain what I saw. There's alot of investigators like me. People of logic who don't want to "believe", but who need answers. My advice to you is to look for these answers and leave the wild claims of Truth to the people who wanna sell the books

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The US Dept of Defense have classified 5% of sighted UFOs as unexplainable. That means swamp gas, weather balloons, airplanes, balloons, Chinese lanterns, etc. have already been ruled out and still they cannot explain what those UFOs are. That is when UFOs of ET origin is one of the most logical conclusion. Remember that this is the DoD and not some unknown website.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

why are aliens a logical conlcusion? we dont even know life exists on other planets never mind intelligent life never mind ETIs with the ability to travel here. You might aswell say flying unicorns are a logical answer.

A logical answer would be something mundane. In most of these cases there's insufficent evidence to come to a conclusion. A lot of the time its purely eye witness testimony they're going from and that is extremely prone to error.

Heres a good example from ufo investigator j allen hynek.

During the great Michigan UFO "wave" in 1966, Hynek had an interesting encounter with a UFO.One evening during his visit he was in a police cruiser when a UFO report came over the radio. Several police vehicles converged on an intersection, and officers leaped out pointing and shouting excitedly at the mystery object. Hynek, the professional astronomer, recognized it as the star Arcturus. The episode, he said, was a 'sobering demonstration' to him

edit on 10-10-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
ET UFO's are not real.

How can you make that kind of statement when you don't have no proof at all that there are no aliens in UFOs. That you have not seen them or seen proof - that does not prove that UFOs are not real. The point is you say they are not real but you can't prove they are not real.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

My thread is to attempt to deny Ignorance.

Sorry for double post but you are ignoring the fact that you have no proof what so ever that there are no extra terrestrials piloting UFOs. It's just your belief. There are others that believe otherwise that does not make them wronger than you that they have no proof for their belief. I believe is that there is proof enough but those who have it are afraid of their life for exposing. I know I would be with sick illuminati still ruling.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by capzzz

its called a null hypothesis. You can read about it here on wiki en.wikipedia.org...

its generally presented like this by skeptics: All ufos are of mundane origin.

Alien visitation beleivers can prove this statement wrong. But they havn't managed that yet.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I have a better Idea...prove that they are not real and if you can't...ban yourself.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Let's examine the most probable scenario.

1) Life exists somewhere else in the universe. This is so statistically probable that we can assume it to be true. Given the size of the universe, it's statistically probably that intelligent life exists elsewhere. Most likely, given the age of the universe compared to the age of our planet, more advanced civilizations exist somewhere. Odds of this drop just a little if we consider only our galaxy.

2) The distances between stars are measured in light years. The distances between galaxies are in the hundreds of thousands (and more) light years.

3) Radio waves cannot travel faster than the speed of light.

4) We have been generating radio wave transmissions for just over a century.

5) We will probably cease generating radio wave transmissions within the next century, due to technological progression.

6) The age of this planet is 4.5 billion years. Humans have been around for several hundred thousand years. we have been technological for less than a few hundred.

Putting this together, we need to hit a window in which our radio transmissions are picked up intelligent aliens in relatively nearby planets (about a hundred light years). They need to be within the same level of technology as us or higher. The space-flight travel time from even a nearby star to here is most likely in the order of hundreds of years, assuming technology far, far superior to our own. Now, to compete the scenario, we have to assume that one of the few nearby stars (less than 50 light years) was where we happened to hit the astronomically low probability of that star having an inhabitable planet with intelligent life that happened to be at a similar or more advanced stage of technology to us, and was listening to radio waves in the right spot in the sky immediately when we started making noise, so that they could pop by for a visit. And then we have to assume that after making the monumental trek over here to visit us, that they decided it wasn't worth saying "hi" after all.

I'd going to have to side with the OP. If we had irrefutable proof of Extra Terrestrial visits to our planet, the whole world would already know, it would be a given fact and probably you'd learn about it in school.

Not all governments are in collaboration with the Americans to keep everything a secret all the time - ETs could easily just go say "hi" outside of the US. Given the amazing technology they'd have needed to get here, I'm quite positive it's not a problem for them to visit any country on Earth.
edit on 10/10/2011 by rozetta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rozetta
Let's examine the most probable scenario.

1) Life exists somewhere else in the universe. This is so statistically probable that we can assume it to be true. Given the size of the universe, it's statistically probably that intelligent life exists elsewhere. Most likely, given the age of the universe compared to the age of our planet, more advanced civilizations exist somewhere. Odds of this drop just a little if we consider only our galaxy.

2) The distances between stars are measured in light years. The distances between galaxies are in the hundreds of thousands (and more) light years.

3) Radio waves cannot travel faster than the speed of light.

4) We have been generating radio wave transmissions for just over a century.

5) We will probably cease generating radio wave transmissions within the next century, due to technological progression.

6) The age of this planet is 4.5 billion years. Humans have been around for several hundred thousand years. we have been technological for less than a few hundred.

Putting this together, we need to hit a window in which our radio transmissions are picked up intelligent aliens in relatively nearby planets (about a hundred light years). They need to be within the same level of technology as us or higher. The space-flight travel time from even a nearby star to here is most likely in the order of hundreds of years, assuming technology far, far superior to our own. Now, to compete the scenario, we have to assume that one of the few nearby stars (less than 50 light years) was where we happened to hit the astronomically low probability of that star having an inhabitable planet with intelligent life that happened to be at a similar or more advanced stage of technology to us, and was listening to radio waves in the right spot in the sky immediately when we started making noise, so that they could pop by for a visit. And then we have to assume that after making the monumental trek over here to visit us, that they decided it wasn't worth saying "hi" after all.

I'd going to have to side with the OP. If we had irrefutable proof of Extra Terrestrial visits to our planet, the whole world would already know, it would be a given fact and probably you'd learn about it in school.

Not all governments are in collaboration with the Americans to keep everything a secret all the time - ETs could easily just go say "hi" outside of the US. Given the amazing technology they'd have needed to get here, I'm quite positive it's not a problem for them to visit any country on Earth.
edit on 10/10/2011 by rozetta because: (no reason given)

Well said, you will be branded a troll for your logical thought.
Star for you

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Very true,

But when you say ' they are not real' and you've been doing research on the subject, also mentioning that you've checked the skies out for years and never seen anything that can't be explained, when I see such a statement I have to disagree with you,

Before 4th oct 09 I wouldn't have been able to agree or disagree due to keep an open mind on the topic, But after that date I believe Im more than qualified to disagree with your statement, Obviously like you say I have no proof but this is over 2 years ago now, And I remember every detail about it- apart from being able to estimate heights (never been good with that anyways : o ) )

I wish you would have been there,Guarantee one thing you wouldn't be creating threads with this title I can assure you! ; o )

Later guys,

Luke

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stephanies-chase
reply to post by rigel4

I have a better Idea...prove that they are not real and if you can't...ban yourself.

Are you the "Court Fool"
Do you realise that one line posts are against ATS Rules.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
OP, While I am not an expert, I would say your argument is

Argument from ignorance

I'm surprised moderators don't just close these threads right away, pointing them to the countless other clones.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
OP, While I am not an expert, I would say your argument is

Argument from ignorance

I'm surprised moderators don't just close these threads right away, pointing them to the countless other clones.

Well lets just close the forum then should we.

Et's are here is droves, about 40 different species, numerous types of craft, abductions are rife
all over the world. The Americans are in cahoots with them, all this is a fact.

How dare i disagree and make a thread about.
I should just BELIEVE everything I'm told from the believers camp.

No it is you who is ignorant for stifling debate.
get over yourself already

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

why are aliens a logical conlcusion? we dont even know life exists on other planets never mind intelligent life never mind ETIs with the ability to travel here. You might aswell say flying unicorns are a logical answer.

A logical answer would be something mundane. In most of these cases there's insufficent evidence to come to a conclusion. A lot of the time its purely eye witness testimony they're going from and that is extremely prone to error.

Heres a good example from ufo investigator j allen hynek.

During the great Michigan UFO "wave" in 1966, Hynek had an interesting encounter with a UFO.One evening during his visit he was in a police cruiser when a UFO report came over the radio. Several police vehicles converged on an intersection, and officers leaped out pointing and shouting excitedly at the mystery object. Hynek, the professional astronomer, recognized it as the star Arcturus. The episode, he said, was a 'sobering demonstration' to him

In case you didn't get the memo, I repeat, it is the DoD who did the investigation! They don't have any more explanations on what those 5% of UFOs are. Whatever you suspect them to be, the DoD have already considered them. They are not that dumb not to start with the obvious.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I will repeat this saying posted by another poster:

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

I really hate this phrase, it is nothing more than a cop out.
if something exists there is evidence. If something doesn't exist then it is
deemed "non existent". Anything else is simply making it up to suite the
agenda.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Let's just be real and upfront. The OP states that there is no proof of Aliens on earth. So be it. That's your belief. But to basically call everyone else ignorant by trying to prove your point is only making yourself sound ignorant. You say there is no proof of aliens? I'd say you're outnumbered when I say that there is No Proof They Don't Exist. I, along with many others, look at things such as historical reference, archeological evidence and have made up in my own mind that they do exist. Humans have been around for thousands of years. You mean to tell me that only in the past 100 years we've allowed ourselves to become this advanced without any outside influence? You've got to be kidding me.

I guess with the OP it comes down to this theory. It's hard to convince a blind man it's sunny outside until he's severely sunburned the next day. The pyramids are proof that a more advanced civilization helped humans to create them. There's no way in hell humans did that with the tools and techniques described in history books. I am a believer. I don't think they are here to destroy the earth, because due to the fact of their advancement already, they could if they wanted.

OP, test this theory out. Go and find the most remote village you can. Make sure they have had NO CONTACT with modern civilization. Ask them (in their language) to describe an airplane. Chances are they will state that it was a shiny bird that flew at the speed of light. Then, tell them you have something that can communicate all over the world. That you can see anyone you want to. That you can predict the weather and identify a species. Will they believe you? Chances are, they won't. But then pull out your iphone and let them hold it, let them see your "magic". Do you get where I'm going? This is what has happened for THOUSANDS of years. It's even documented in biblical text.

So before I jump off my soapbox, I will leave with this. There are 3 sides to every story. Which means there are 3 sides to every belief. Your believe, my belief, and the belief that is waiting to be believed. I won't judge you for your "belief", but do us all a favor. It's ok to express your belief in a public forum, but do us a favor and save your time and energy of making an ass of yourself.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

I really hate this phrase, it is nothing more than a cop out.
if something exists there is evidence. If something doesn't exist then it is
deemed "non existent". Anything else is simply making it up to suite the
agenda.

You do realise how many new species of plants, animals etc are found on this planet each year, don't you? The Wollomi Pine Tree was deemed to be "non existant", by your course of thinking, because there was none left. Until some were found at the Blue Mountains, just west of Sydney, a few years back.

Remember, just because you cannot see or touch something, does not mean it isn't there. This goes for possible ET controlled craft too. Just because you haven't seen or touched one, does not mean there aren't any.

Ignorance is bliss, eh?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

what data do the dod have on these ufos that remained unexplained?

in most cases its not very much. A witness can report seeing a light in the sky the dod says " dont know what it is" . So what? theyve no data to go on. Saying " I dont know" is not the same as saying its definitely not something mundane or saying its an alien spaceship.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I have not asked you to believe anything or take anything at face value and well you should not. However your stance on the subject has logical flaws of which you seem not to be aware, I was only trying to enlighten you so that you might sharpen your argument. Another flaw in your argument is that I am trying to stifle debate, that would be incorrect, I am advocating closing your thread and moving the discussion to any of the numerous threads that yours duplicate, which is normal operating procedure on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join