It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Chinese Troops in Texas!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

That's what it's meant to do, the whole time I watched that video it just screamed "trying to fear monger you!!!"

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

very moving video. but i do not agree with ron paul on some key points. dont ask dont tell, and NASA, and choice vs life for few things.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Where do you get the idea that America being invaded is "highly probable"? Not a very fact based thought. And if we were to be invaded of course their would be people willing to take up arms and defend our country. If a large terrorist cell was based in our country whose sole purpose was the annihilation of people who they considered infidels or our president was committing horrible acts against Americans then I say If we as Americans weren't up to ending these atrocities then by God don't condemn those who are.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnCreed777

He's [Ron Paul is] just going to spread a bunch of misleading lies to get elected. He's just telling us what he knows we want to hear, just like Obama.

Ron Paul has been elected to office what... 15 times? So go ahead and point to the lies he has told so far. I could easily do that for just about any candidate. I cannot do that for Ron Paul. But please, tell me about Ron Paul's lies and cite your evidence. The single biggest appeal of Ron Paul is that he has genuine principles and seems like a very honest person. But you think he does not, so lets hear about it. Its not enough for you to make the accusation in his case.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TexasLiberty

Huh? What did I miss? Believe it or not I am not a moron. I will have to agree with you on some points one I feel strongly about and that comes from my family having been a strong Military presence in our country. Yes defend we would, I do think that America will see the day.

Did you catch the reply to my first post, the one I think you got mad over? I have been so busy the last time I checked there was a large Chinese base just over the Mexican border, turned out to be a movie set some trucker saw...
edit on 12-10-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnnygamble
I've never been duped....it's just a different view of things...i agree with the original reason for the war in Afghanistan...the r.o.e was correct for the situation..however..and this applies to Iraq as well..it has gone from being a war to being a police action..i say pull our troops out..let triple canopy or one of the p.m.c firms handle the police action and train the countries military..as far as taking up arms if the u.s were invaded..I'm in Texas...i was born here..not only do we have all the guns..we know how to use them...and we are not scared to use them so as far as your question of if i would go to arms....I'm just waiting for an opportunity..i look forward to it to a point actually

Sorry but I find it funny in an earlier post you stated "the jihadists don't just want us out...they want us dead...there is a huge difference.." and then you posted the above saying your waiting for a opportunity and that you look forward to it. Not sure if I'm misreading this but it kind of sounds to me you want them dead also??? Doesn't sound very differant.... And besides, if an other country was occupying our lands the same as we do and for as long as we have been in other countrys, wouldn't you want more than for them to just leave??? Wouldn't you want justice brought to them for the crimes they commited on our land, killing our people... Shoot we have people here in America that want the jihadists dead and they arn't even invading our land, imagine how they must feel. Not trying to knock you i was just making an observation and wanted your opinion on it

By the way OP I loved the video, its a view point many people don't even want to think about or even image. But its as simple as putting your feet in their shoes for once. Thanks

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by newcovenant

Ignore the dummies that said not to watch the video. The video is exactly what many of us have been saying for a long time. The longer our troops occupy foreign nations, the more violence we will cause, either by accident or by misdeeds and crimes.

The video is a chance to put your self in the shoes of an Iraqi citizen or an Afghan citizen. How would you feel if "peacekeepers" were marching through your neighborhood, or raiding the homes of your friends and neighbors regularly. How would you feel when the occasional errant bomb strikes a loved one? As long as we are there, we are doing more harm than good.

War is only good if you go in and overwhelmingly win. No foreign occupation has ever been successful, it is a waste of resources and a constant source of turmoil, strife, and anger. I supported the invasion, we toppled Saddam and the Taliban. At that point the clear choices were either 1. rule the land and plunder the resources and benefit from the war, or 2. get out and come home. There should never be a 3rd option of sticking around indefinitely spending billions of our own dollars with no clear benefit and tons of ill will both home and abroad.

Watch the video, it is a good one.

Yes indeed it is and excellent advice.
We had better get out of there.

The best determining factor for any question should be...
Would you want it to happen to you?

That is my opinion and truthfully I would not have retaliated the WTC attacks with more bombing.
The unfortunate and unconscionable events surrounding WTC put the USA in a unique position, with the sympathies and favor of the world and the wind at our back.
Misdeeds in our past were forgotten and in one fell swoop we were not the ELITE country never suffering war on her own soil. We were just like everyone else for a moment. And then we reared our ugly heads and asserted our SUPERIORITY - in case anyone had forgotten WE ARE RUNNING THINGS HERE ON EARTH

We enjoyed a great deal of "good will/superhero" capital and we blew it.

Within these wars there have been some small successes - but if that is the best I can say about the sacrifice of so many more AMERICANS....and these Americans, young fine strong and with families themselves it is nothing in comparison. To justify the rest of those lives gone we must have accomplished something significant but I don't really see it. We are not safer against terrorism. Our defenses are up but then our enemies skill and numbers are greater by virtue and so we have in fact accomplished nothing.

Obama...I think when he campaigned on it he actually intended to end these wars. I have seen this happen to Presidents before. When they get in office, they change.
Why?

Now I imagine what happens is as soon as every President is inaugurated and the parties are over and the last lights from the festivities goes out and the family is put to bed...Our President every President is virtually kidnapped by the MIC (military industrial complex) and water boarded.

He is put in a dark room and strapped to a chair or something and told in no uncertain terms...

You are the leader of the free world now...
There is much you do not know, nobody knows but us.

Here is what is REALLY going on. [ ??? - omg - wtf - shtf - 666 - XXX - etc. ]

Then there is some world view we are not privy to and could not dream up in a million years.

Then they show filmstrips and produce evidence to convince the President that this UGLY and UNPLEASANT course of military action is absolutely essential and in fact the ONLY WAY forward that is not irresponsible.

It will be taking the unpopular anti-peace route to save American lives, or the planet and/or because of the factors X X and X .

Things he never knew before - Things none of us know now.

And whatever he goes through and after whatever they tell him, these Presidents end up changing their minds and their position on a lot of things shortly after obtaining office.

Essentially I think becoming the President of the US is a little like I imagine what it might be to become a 33rd degree Mason. "Tell anyone any of this stuff and they'll have to kill you."

Yes I agree with you. We should be out of there.

Why aren't we?

It is a great question.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I would like very much to prove this to you by electing Ron Paul and see if the same thing does not happen to him.
I say that even Ron Paul will begin to back pedal once he is in office. I mean this as no insult to the mans character. He is sincere and of good character, though he has made mistakes - who hasn't?

Everyone makes mistakes - only the fool does not LEARN from them.

I say this because I think it is true and an odd and curious fact.
What are they telling these Presidents?

ON topic - Definitely we should be getting out of these wars and conflicts. I see the side of those who say we eliminate "safe havens" and there is a lot of propaganda suggesting it is a love fest with the Americans - I personally enjoy the soccer games and the kids waving to the soldiers.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If this is really happening then i dont know what this country is coming to.

just sayin.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWorldSpins

That's what it's meant to do, the whole time I watched that video it just screamed "trying to fear monger you!!!"

I guess what it is trying to do is introduce an idea that some people may not have considered.
(and there may be a half dozen people left in that catagory)

What if this happened to us?

How would we feel?

How would we react?

How can we blame the subsequent actions on their part and hatred for Americans?

Can you see how this strategy MIGHT fail?

These are the questions this film brings up - in a simple and BASIC sort of way, for idiots really.

If you call "doing something you do to another, to yourself "
fear mongering that in itself should suggest it is undesirable and bad behavior.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

...the jihadists don't just want us out...they want us dead...there is a huge difference.

And Politicians didn't want YOU dead when they allowed Pfizer to peddle Bextra "off-label".....they let Doctors keep peddling the drugs for "off-label" uses....which killed hundreds of thousands of Americans.

The Medical Mafia in America kills more Americans every year than every battlefield death America's ever had.

For money. $$$$$$$$$

Because your are expendable. New suckers will be brought in. Obama's bringing in +1 million foreigners and making them new US citizens every year.

More suckers to kill for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

The Beast needs to be fed. We're a Nation of DEATH.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
wow that was well made.

i like how it transitions from the first guys voice into Ron pauls voice. it keeps your attention locked on the entire time.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Interesting concept... was expecting something more horrifying thought - as if there were ACTUALLY chinese troops in China.

I have found however, that China was planning on building some sort of economic base in Idaho, but I'd have to check my sources

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well made video but nothing "revolutionary" in content in my opinion. I like Ron Paul or at least the idea of him, but remember he might be controlled opposition of the Illuminati himself. You have to keep looking at the big picture.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

No. Lie. No there are not. Thread is unrelated to the false inflammatory title. Integrity has hit bottom on this forum.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

wow...i think i actually lost i.q points on that one....title of the thread is an outright lie...video is annoying and repetitive and predictable...i can practically feel myself getting dumber from having watched it

That must be really hard consodering your starting point.

I thought this wads a great video. It employs something called Empathy. It puts you in shoes of those your country is attacking. I am not surprised so many of you find that uncomfortable.

ETA - I think the title is perfect. How did you feel when you thought it was true? Ha - point made. Brilliantly.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
well that video got me absolutely nowhere. whats up with all these misleading titles?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Imagine if the USA had military bases in foreign countries and every one of those foreign countries had an uprising against them because "their government refused or wasn't able to do so". It's alright for one side but not the other it seems.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Yeah I saw that movie too! Red Dawn - soon to be re-made

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

ninja..it's an annoying video about how if the tables were turned and we had foreign troops occupying the u,s that'd we basically be fighting like the taliban and the insurgents...which yes to a point that is true..we would fight to get them out...however...the jihadists fight not to get us out but to ELIMINATE US FROM EXSISTENCE...that's the difference..that's why its apple to oranges..and that's why it's stupid

Are u #ing out of your mind? U american mofos are shooting and killing around the globe and they want to eliminate you? You ignorant piece of # you should have died.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join