It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Chinese Troops in Texas!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

So, striking their facilities would not be a pre-emptive strike. It would be a proper response.

It would be a proper response....... by Israel, which Paul fully supports, but current and past US Administration has not allowed to happen.

So we finally agree. Elect Paul, take the leash of Israel, let the proper response take form, and don't risk any US lives unless absolutely necessary.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That's what happened before we got involved in WWII.

We sat back minding our own business. Hitler? Somebody else can worry about him.

Odds are, if Israel started much of anything, we'd have to help them. But by then, significant damage will have been suffered - that could have been averted if we were more assertive.

Add to that this: Iran will want a nuclear weapon to make up for its outdated forces.

Anyway, I'm checking out for now. Maybe when I can get new ideas I'll offer them to you.
edit on 10-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The majority of our personnel and equipment are here to respond.

Around 1.2 million active (source below) and more than that in reserve, much of it in Texas. Military installations in Texas include: 7 US Air Force Bases, 3 US Army installations, 3 US Navy air stations, and 6 reserve facilities.

Among them is Fort Hood, the largest US Army installation in the entire world.

1,226,638 stationed in CONUS as of June 30th.
siadapp.dmdc.osd.mil...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Is it combat ready troops and equipment or just support? Honest question.

Why do we have so many National Guard troops overseas, and why are they continually calling up more Reserves if we have that many more troops to draw from?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Why do we have so many National Guard troops overseas, and why are they continually calling up more Reserves if we have that many more troops to draw from?

Its both. Most of our forces are in CONUS, regardless of their mission.

The reason we steadily use reserve units in support of CENTCOM (aka Iraq-Afghanistan), is due to two major factors:

1. They are both low intensity conflicts and they do not require heavy frontline combat units.

2. We keep those frontline units prepped for high intensity conflict (aka North Korea, China, Russia, etc.)

Our force is currently structured to fight both Russia and China at the same time. By utilizing some of the 1.4 million of our reserve forces in overseas contingency operations, we can maintain readiness to face any current threat or challenge.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Good to know.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Look, the title is definitely misleading, but the message hits home hard. Think about it for a moment...The countries that we have bases in are sick of our presence, just like we would be if China set up shop in any neighborhood in the United States. I tell you what, the Chinese base would not last long. Just about every American citizen has a firearm in the household...I dare any foreign soldier to try and get into my house

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I love the people who are saying
This is misleading...911-911
Or thats just a lie...Vote Rick Perry
It's so funny seeing the people who watch this then have it sink in still try to defend whats going on...W04..
Really some times you need to just watch some thing and take it in before you prove how dumb you really are..

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Um what... you are spouting some of the most rush limbaugh style propaganda on this site and you want to talk about believing "exaggerations" rofl? The whole iraq war was based on exaggerations which proved false, wmds weren't even found. Did we forget all this...?

You are the typical fox news style propagandist calling war "spreading freedom" and "peacekeeping" etc. What a joke. Why don't you join the military and get yourself killed if its so necessary to invade muslim countries who apparently hate us for our freedom instead of maybe because we bomb them, support isreal in their violence against them and so on. Both sides are doing wrong, the only difference is the usa is a country and it's invading other countries over individuals' actions. Imagine if Iran started bombing us because muslims get murdered here in hate crimes or for the thousands of innocent muslims we've accidentally (its ok as long as its an accident right?!!) killed in our bombings, I bet you would throw a fit and that sure wouldn't be justifiable but us doing it is? Hypocrisy at it's ugliest.
edit on 10-10-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

You have absolutely no idea what I do and don't believe in. A misleading thread is not a parade, last time I checked. The video is just hyperbole to agitate people and futher polarize them to serve a political agenda, nothing more. I'm just calling it as I see it. I fundamentally disagree with the intended purpose of the video, and I stated such, since it was posted openly here in this community, and now you're slamming me for giving my opinion, because it doesn't jive with your interpretation. I have noticed over the last few years that Right Wingers have no tolerance for opinions that are contrary to theirs. They are very poor losers on the whole, and then they try to resort to Congressional redistricting to stack the cards in their favor. ( In tandem with Rupert Murdock's disinformation machinary, that is ). I don't lose any sleep over it , though, because I do believe that true justice will eventually prevail, and the Occupy Wall Street Movement is the beginning of just such an outcome. I'm glad that Americans are finally motivated enough to get of their couches and get out and stand up for themselves.

You are right, I don't know what you believe in, but, like I stated, this isn't a misleading thread as the mods would follow the T & C's and get rid of it, or force a title change. Wether or not this is for a politcal agenda, it doesn't take away from the fact that it is correct. That is my opinion. There are facts there that no one can disagree with (using common sense of course). I apologize for making a generalization of your beliefs and slamming your opinion. That wasn't my intention. My intention was to make myself heard that this does make sense regardless of the politician or lack thereof behind it. I too am glad that Americans have finally gotten off their couches and decided to do something about it...even if it may be too late.

link   
This is from Veterans Today web page. I read about this last year. There is a list of all state and companies on line should you be interested.
What could they be? Where could they be? Overseas?
FOREIGN TRADE ZONES WITHIN THE U.S.
Nope. They’re here. They’re everywhere. They’re in all fifty states. My state, Idaho, has at least one, up in Boundary County, and a really big one is reportedly being set up right now, near Boise. 30,000 acres. The land inside these foreign trade zones is no longer American land. It’s sovereign foreign territory.

I called the Boundary County Commissioner’s office up north to get some official version, because a commissioner there named Ronald Smith is the contact man for FTZ 242. The reader can do the same thing in his or her FTZ.

Most of the top Fortune 100 companies are in these zones, even though they’re “American.”

Here’s some Ray Bradbury-style material from FTZ 9, in Hawaii:

Really, it’s like something out of FARENHEIT 451.

Here’s the information many of us received yesterday, edited somewhat:

”This is an urgent message! Read this and spread the word! Subject: Foreign Trade Zones. This is unbelievable at first, but you will soon realize that there are several motives for the global communists to physically weave our United States territory together with communist China. Read On! Here’s what is going on!

Each and every one of our state governors has approved and allocated a certain amount of acres of their U.S. state land to be inhabited by Chinese communists –communists straight from China! They are to set up little towns and live here, supposedly for the purpose of producing Chinese products for sale in the U.S.A. The land the states are giving them for their little towns will be considered “foreign territory”!!! We are told that the laws of the state (in which these Chinese communists dwell) will apply to the communist Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ). Comment: If so, why are they allowed in here!??! Isn’t the whole set up unlawful??? There are 257 of these little communist towns to be built all over the United States. Go to this website and see the list of the states, and how many FTZ’s are to be erected in each and every state! Our nation is being peppered all over with these communist closed towns called “zones”! This insane brainstorm by Washington, D.C. officials was just recently discovered by alert citizens in the State of Idaho, where an FTZ is being built there, just south of Boise, Idaho, possibly 30,000 acres of Idaho is going to be used for that FTZ. Check this site quickly before it is removed.
When you get to this website, be prepared by having enough paper to print 40 pages, listing all the FTZ’s to be built over the whole United States! 257 of these FTZ’s! It is absolute insanity!! How gullible are we??? The excuse given for creating communist towns all over our nation is that these Chinese people will produce products for sale in the United States, and the FTZ will eliminate overseas shipping costs of the products they create! A bizarre excuse!!! Can’t we manufacture our own products anymore with American workers? How foolish are we to allow this??? Remember the hard-learned lesson taught to gullible people back in ancient times, when the Trojan Horse was built and they pulled it past their protective gates??? Do we Americans look THAT STUPID to the Chinese and to our Washington,D.C. leaders???

It will not mean jobs for Americans. All the help will be Chinese! Besides, it is to be classed as “foreign territory”, remember! You won’t know what is really going on inside the enclave. Is there any danger for Americans to allow this? What do you think?”

The reader may have noticed that the things I write about usually have to do with some sort of revisionist history. My usual purpose is to put a different slant on what happened to justify the drastic sort of action I’m known for advocating. I generally don’t write about really current things because I’m kind of a slow learner and I want to try to understand what actually happened before I comment on it, especially if I’m suggesting drastic action because of it. For example, Gordon Duff was able to look at Wiki-leaks and identify it as an intelligence deception back in October, which still amazes me. If it weren’t for his provocative and extremely accurate warnings, I would still be in the dark.

But this Foreign Trade Zone business is so bad that even I can comment without having to think about it too much. I don’t claim yet to understand it but there’s no denying it exists. Just do a search on Foreign Trade Zones and see what you get. I’m not sure about the Chinese part.

Below is the website that lists Free Trade Zones by state:ia.ita.doc.gov...

link   
Chinese troops in Texas - that sounds like hunting season to me

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Its both. Most of our forces are in CONUS, regardless of their mission.

The reason we steadily use reserve units in support of CENTCOM (aka Iraq-Afghanistan), is due to two major factors:

1. They are both low intensity conflicts and they do not require heavy frontline combat units.

2. We keep those frontline units prepped for high intensity conflict (aka North Korea, China, Russia, etc.)

Our force is currently structured to fight both Russia and China at the same time. By utilizing some of the 1.4 million of our reserve forces in overseas contingency operations, we can maintain readiness to face any current threat or challenge.

Um. You do know we've had our best combat units deployed pretty much non-stop for the last 10 years? We abandoned the 2 major war doctrine about 8 years ago as impossible. You should do some research. Start with Army FM1, chapter 4.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Why is this on the front page? This is stupid, Texas would be the worst place to set up shop for Chinese Troops.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

Watch the video. It has nothing to do with Texas.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Many are worried that removing the US military from around the world will hurt the US. Well I say, start a war on ideas. Spread the idea of freedom and liberty in all nations around the world. Give them a model to emulate and let them fight amongst themselves to establish their own freedom. People have to stand up to dictators, criminals and corruption in their countries, but they need a model to emulate. The US should focus on perfecting this model - perfecting themselves so other countries can have a benchmark. The foreign policy of the US going forward should be on self protection, so spying the covert operations must still happen preemptively unfortunately, but stay out of national and political affairs of other countries and just trade. US policies should focus on sustainability and the happiness of all Americans. If people around the world see the US people happy and living well, they will want to be just like them and study how they got there. If these people around the world want freedom, they will in time remove corruption and dictators with an idea not a gun.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Good post, I agree

The same that goes for polls of course also applies for a truly reasoned, democratic electoral process.
Educated and sound decisions would require a proper political education.

The thing is... those in power are not interested in educated, critical thinking citizens, understanding complex political coherences, bothering them with reasoning.
They prefer a dumb, obeying, manipulatable mass of idiots.

So we wont see sanity and reason in any public opinion poll or election any time soon

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by ColCurious

[...] it was well known back in 2007 and 2008 that most americans wanted the troops to come home, according to polls, but our government, composed of republicans and independents and democrats, was still strongly behind the war. How do you explain that?

There is no real choice in the US political landscape today because both Parties are corrupted by the same corporate lobbyists.
They can't get voted out so why should they even care what the people want?
They knew they would get away with it and ignored the polls.
edit on 10-10-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The suicide rate amongst the troops is at an all-time high.  They need our help, they are desperate for our help. They donate overwhelmingly to Ron Paul, because he is the only person that would bring them home, on day ONE.

END THESE WARS NOW !!!!!! Help Dr. Paul support our troops!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

Well you obviously aren't out protesting or doing anything positive for this country, so you have no room to talk. Ron Paul has been the most consistent politician, if you could even call him a politician, that we've ever had. So you'd do best to zip it about things you obviously understand nothing about before you make yourself look like a bigger fool.

Yet again people insist on assumptions and name-calling rather than focusing on the topic; one of the main reasons I barely bother posting anymore; Is it even possible to have an actual conversation.

What difference does it make if I'm going downtown holding up a sign? Why should I bother protesting in the first place? I was telling people to remember Ron Paul is a politician, it's not an attack on him, it's an attack on ALL of them. Politics is controlled by money, the politicians simply say what they're paid to say, they do what they're told to do.

You know, it wasn't all that long ago when everyone was going crazy over getting Obama into office, and now you're all repeating the same process. I could jump on the bandwagon with all of you, but instead I'm protesting. I'm saying what's on my mind.

Try looking at it this way - did Obama go and get Bin Laden, or did the soldiers? Did Obama put our country into an insane amount of debt? NO, I'm not a supporter of Obama either, I just understand the type of stress he's dealing with. When it comes down to it, Obama didn't really do a whole lot of anything. I'm willing to bet whoever wins the next election won't either.

You're right - people need to start "protesting" more. We all need to stop expecting others to make everything OK for us. One person can never solve all of the world's problems, but one person MIGHT be able to get all of the world to stop fighting with each other and instead work together to solve as many problems as they can.

After all, that is pretty much the point of having a Forum in the first place isn't it? It seems like all anyone wants to do anymore is have a never ending Flame War
edit on 10-10-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Imagine that they had been duped into doing all of that covertly by an enemy they had never even considered.

Then ask yourselves, which is scarier, Chinese troops in Texas... Or me in Texas?

Don't worry, I'm only here for an advanced course in basket weaving.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join