It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Pre- Inca Scriptures/symbols

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

This symbols belong to the Itchma (or Ishma) Culture, whom dominated the area of Lima - Peru before the Incas. The wall is part of the main courtyards of the complex of Huaycan of Cieneguilla. The meaning is still unknown.

Somehow it reminds me acient languages from other cultures or biblical times. Maybe someone here can help to decipher them or find a similar one.

The Itchma culture is known for their pyramids and astronomic observation. When the Conquistadors arrived to that area and met them, they found this culture was not directly connected to the Inca's Empire, which conquered them but let keep certain level of autonomy.

Also, is interesting to mention when the spaniards saw the Itchma contructions they called them "Mesquites".

I apologize if some of the links I offer are not english language, happens a lot with pre-inca cultures.

www.clubdeexploradores.org...

edit on 8-10-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Why are people starring and flagging with no input?

I am currently researching it,I will be back.

www.arqueologiadelperu.com.ar...

Some sort of decoration?
If you have google it will translate it for you.
edit on 8-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Reminds me a bit of hebrew. The resh and an upside down shin. Interesting. The altars and language suggest a developed society. It always fascinates me how the traditional timeline of societal development mysteriously ignores seeming spontaneous development of institutions. The more we learn the farther back advanced societies appear to have existed.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Perhaps because this OP just introduced a previously unaddressed culture that exists as an American culture. I'd never heard of them before... Thanks OP for the intro!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

Yes, it looks like hebrew to me too, but remember this wall is in Peru. Crazy right?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

You are welcome. I tried to find english language sources but as I said before, it's always difficult to find pre-columbian cultures info in english.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Found an english language link with some info.

enperublog.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Some sort of decoration?

It doesn't look like decoration to me. I never saw something like that in any pre-columbian or inca culture. Those are symbols in a sort of a secuence. Maybe a record of astronomical observations. Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I was wondering if the culture had another name or was a sub clan of a larger one?

Link to a list of pre-Incan cultures

I believe you will find that are known in English as the Ychsma or Ichma or even Icma
edit on 8/10/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
www.military.com...

I watched one of these where most of the guys lost arms and legs :-(

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I believe we know so little about these cultures and even the archeologists are not sure. I also notice the variations in the name. Remember there wasn't written language in that area, so the pronunciation may vary. Still in our days, quechua (inca's language) spoken in the north of Peru is different from the one of the south.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I think you posted it in the wrong thread.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Here are some examples of hebrew writings,in various forms.

Also this

Maybe a song?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

The reason I threw in the musical notation is because I can sort of read music,that is what it looked like to me.
It is a message or writing or something.
It definitely is just not decorations .
There is some sort of message there.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo

Perhaps because this OP just introduced a previously unaddressed culture that exists as an American culture. I'd never heard of them before... Thanks OP for the intro!

That's fine.I understand.
It is a great find and has really peaked my curiosity.

Maybe those m shaped symbols relate to a volcano?
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The symbols do look like some of the Hebrew letters, but reversed or rotated...

And they are called the Itchma ( Ishma )? Sounds like Ishmael without the el. Could they be related to him, or his descendants somehow, or named in his honor?...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

The volcano you mention is the Waynaputina, it is located in Moquegua which is about 1000 kilometers from Huaycan (Lima), so the people who made these symbols probably didn't know the volcano exist.

Since they practiced astronomical observation of the moon and stars, I believe those are their records or a part of a calendar, maybe the moon phases.

There are other walls in the site, with symbols displayed as a patern for decoration purpose, this wall is different from all those ones.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
The symbols do look like some of the Hebrew letters, but reversed or rotated...

And they are called the Itchma ( Ishma )? Sounds like Ishmael without the el. Could they be related to him, or his descendants somehow, or named in his honor?...

Yes, I also noticed that. Also look like arameic. Certainly, those symbols are not supose to be in that part of the planet.

Well, according to the mormons, some of the tribes of Israel came to America. Maybe?

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9-10-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

You are right, I forgot to think about them, too.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Looks like Hebrew, except for that "bow" kind of symbol.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join