It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Freemasonry

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I can invoke 6 Sam Adams easily. By yelling "WIFE!! BEER!!". The velocity of the incoming invocation is usually determined upon the range from angry wife to lazy me sitting on the couch.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I can invoke 6 Sam Adams easily. By yelling "WIFE!! BEER!!". The velocity of the incoming invocation is usually determined upon the range from angry wife to lazy me sitting on the couch.

Ah, yes. The infamous RPB (Rage Propelled Beverage).

Perhaps you can mitigate the carnage next time by lobbing some Coach handbags at the target.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
As a veteran occultist, I can tell you that to invoke would not be to use the triangle and circle.

Can you invoke something to fetch me a six of Sam Adams? And maybe some chips too...

I'd BUY you a drink anytime, man.
Because you're awesome.
Chips, too.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Good Lord Cody, Be careful what you put in print. Auggie will drain your bank account if you let him.

In fact, this reminds me of a story. A young Augustus Masonicus was walking down the street. He found a magic lamp. He rubbed it and of course a jeenie popped out. He was granted three wishes. He wished for a pint of beer that never runs out. *Poof* a pint appeared in his hand. He drank it, and it magically filled up. He smiled and yelled, for my other two wishes, I want two more pints, just like this one!

edit on 28-10-2011 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus is a beer hoarder. A crime of the highest level. Justice must be served!!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Good Lord Cody, Be careful what you put in print. Auggie will drain your bank account if you let him.

In fact, this reminds me of a story. A young Augustus Masonicus was walking down the street. He found a magic lamp. He rubbed it and of course a jeenie popped out. He was granted three wishes. He wished for a pint of beer that never runs out. *Poof* a pint appeared in his hand. He drank it, and it magically filled up. He smiled and yelled, for my other two wishes, I want two more pints, just like this one!

edit on 28-10-2011 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus is a beer hoarder. A crime of the highest level. Justice must be served!!

I better ask for a raise

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Because you're awesome.
Chips, too.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I like my scotch the opposite of networkdude, neat.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I guess the sweet tea is not cutting it anymore, huh?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Because you're awesome.
Chips, too.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I like my scotch the opposite of networkdude, neat.

Ah yes, Lagavulin Single Malt.....neat. Nothing finer than that, a pipe and book.

I actually rarely drink whiskey neat though as I like my whiskey like I like my women - 15 years old and mixed up with coke.
edit on 29-10-2011 by HardToStarboard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardToStarboard
I like my whiskey like I like my women - 15 years old and mixed up with coke.
I like my coffee like I like my women — ground up and in the freezer.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
A number of ex-Masons have come forward to expose what goes on in the Lodge. You can find about a handful of them on the web and on YouTube by doing a search.

The Masons and their ilk always refute with the same claim, that they're crazy Christians or that they joined the lodge in bad faith. They always attack a person instead of making a case for whether the claims are true or false.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by czqjtohypmdu

If you are talking about the EMFJ website then I can tell you that they are lying or misleading the information to snare the minds of the ignorant. Most of them didn't take the lessons imparted and anything they did take from it was negative because that was what was in their heart.

I have walked circles around many "ex-Masons" or "anti-Masons". Not all of them are "crazy Christians", but many of the more zealous ones are. I always back up my refutations with as much fact as I can provide, as do many of the Masons here, and most of our sources are credible and accurate. That is something most anti-Masons cannot say as they usually just recycle the same old garbage that has been historically proven to be false, but yet anti-Masons still choose to cling to their lies.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

not that I expect you to be honest and answer this with true though, but think of how many jilted lovers there are out there spreading lies and slander against their ex-lover. Do you think there might be something to taking what an ex-anything has to say with a grain of salt?

The only real way to know anything is to experience it. Anything else is hearsay.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

not that I expect you to be honest and answer this with true though, but think of how many jilted lovers there are out there spreading lies and slander against their ex-lover.

I'd say less than 100%

Do you think there might be something to taking what an ex-anything has to say with a grain of salt?

There's always a grain of truth as well. It's obvious that the lodge teaches you off the bat that all ex-Masons are liars, since I always read and hear the same refutations repeatedly.

The only real way to know anything is to experience it. Anything else is hearsay.

That's like saying the only way to see a wheel is to re-invent it.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

If you are talking about the EMFJ website then I can tell you that they are lying or misleading the information to snare the minds of the ignorant. Most of them didn't take the lessons imparted and anything they did take from it was negative because that was what was in their heart.

No, I'm talking about the "fundies" that Masons on the Internet always refer to.

How do you know for certain that they had negativity in their heart?

I have walked circles around many "ex-Masons" or "anti-Masons". Not all of them are "crazy Christians", but many of the more zealous ones are. I always back up my refutations with as much fact as I can provide, as do many of the Masons here, and most of our sources are credible and accurate. That is something most anti-Masons cannot say as they usually just recycle the same old garbage that has been historically proven to be false, but yet anti-Masons still choose to cling to their lies.

That interesting, because all I see from Masons are not facts, but lies of omission. Saying that your sources are "credible and accurate" is an appeal to authority.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by czqjtohypmdu

not that I expect you to be honest and answer this with true though, but think of how many jilted lovers there are out there spreading lies and slander against their ex-lover.

I'd say less than 100%

Do you think there might be something to taking what an ex-anything has to say with a grain of salt?

There's always a grain of truth as well. It's obvious that the lodge teaches you off the bat that all ex-Masons are liars, since I always read and hear the same refutations repeatedly.

That's like saying the only way to see a wheel is to re-invent it.

I'd like to address your comment regarding "lodges teach[ing]...that all ex-Masons are liars." I think a good number of masons that walk away from (or in some cases run away from) the fraternity have legitimate beefs. I very nearly left last year. I found that some teachings were conflicting with my own personal faith and it made me take a hard look at what was important to me. After a lot of prayer, conversations with trusted friends and reflection I decided that I could stay in the fraternity in good conscience. I think the fraternity is good at its heart. I think it has some misguided ways and there are things that bug me TO NO END about it, but I like the fraternal aspect. I like the esoterica. I simply love sitting in lodge watching the opening or closing and the minutiae that some may miss. I love the laughs we have and the drinks we toast.

Will I ever walk away from it? I don't know. If I find something that I is truly objectionable, you bet I will. If I ever find myself instructed to do anything that conflicts with my faith, my marriage, my family or my medical practice I will walk away without a second thought.

I don't think all ex-Masons are liars and have never been instructed to believe that. I think many of those men truly came to believe that there were untoward things happening within the fraternity. They have every right to their own decision.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HardToStarboard

So you've remained in the lodge to enjoy the comraderie without giving the time of day to their moral teachings.

You'd be surprised to see what your brethren post on here.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

So you've remained in the lodge to enjoy the comraderie without giving the time of day to their moral teachings.

You'd be surprised to see what your brethren post on here.

No, I think it's a little more than that; and I don't find any issue with any moral teaching that I've heard personally.

And no, I wouldn't be surprised. Very little surprises me.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

That interesting, because all I see from Masons are not facts, but lies of omission. Saying that your sources are "credible and accurate" is an appeal to authority.

Examples?????

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I found that some teachings were conflicting with my own personal faith and it made me take a hard look at what was important to me. After a lot of prayer, conversations with trusted friends and reflection I decided that I could stay in the fraternity in good conscience.

Perhaps you should share those conflicts with the rest of us Masons. My Lodge doesn't have any "teachings" whatsoever, other than abiding by the law, treating everyone with respect, and keeping our passions within due bounds. If somebody has any personal beliefs that conflict with those morals, then it is their faith they should examine, not the teachings of the Lodge.

Of course, with so many Lodges, there are surely some misguided localities that get a little bit off the reservation and I'm sure there are some Lodges that veer way into cuckoo land, so perhaps you just need to change lodges?

Please let us know what teachings your Lodge has that interfere with your faith, and we can let you know if those are Masonic principles, or just local cuckoo adaptations.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardToStarboard

I'd like to address your comment regarding "lodges teach[ing]...that all ex-Masons are liars." I think a good number of masons that walk away from (or in some cases run away from) the fraternity have legitimate beefs.

That may or may not be the case. But regardless, Lodges don't teach anything about "ex-Masons".

I very nearly left last year. I found that some teachings were conflicting with my own personal faith and it made me take a hard look at what was important to me.

What teachings are you referring to?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join