It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Freemasonry

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by partycrasher
Wow the attitudes of SOME of the masons like they are ENTITLED to special considerations. Some masons have been open with information, others inadvertently expose their own inner psychologies. We see that there are different cells ( or some want us to believe that lol ) and I wonder how these masons would like to have their children come home and ask "daddy what is jaobulon" "daddy what goes on at your lodge" "daddy kids at school say you worship lucifer as your supreme being" Just admit about insider trading and other financial or manipulation information is passed between masons who will never admit that things like this take place.

As per comments about how past politicians were more mason than now.... we are currently paying for policies that were set in motion by MASONS many years ago with a european banking system/ fed reserve, WW1 and 2 etc.

Your organization is not good enough for me to want to participate, I will not be paying for your floor tile. I think the end of all secret societies will be for the betterment of all life on this planet. The world will be a better place without secret organizations.

" daddy kids at school say you worship lucifer as your supreme being"

That is hilarious...........

My dad is a mason and when my brother was a teenager he used to have these heated debates about freemasonry being satanic..........One time I actually did ask my dear ol dad if what my brother said was true.....

My dad just smiled that smile of his and said " of course not"

Here is the kicker.....

my brother is now a Benedictine priest!!!!

Good stuff right? 100% true I swear on my baby mija's life.

I do not know the inner workings of freemasonry, I am not eligible to join, but if there are any evil terrible organizations at work, I do not think it is the Freemasons.....at least not the regular masons, maybe the irregular ones perhaps.....but really I think while it is tantalizing to imagine what goes on in lodges, I am sure it is nothing mind blowing , if anything it is probably the kind of thing most men would find incredibly boring.

Of course, I am not a mason.......so I guess my intuition doesn't really hold water, does it? Maybe they are evil......but my husband is one, and he is one of the most gentle considerate, compassionate men I have ever known. He is also a big fat liar.....oh boy I am not getting very far with this..... I love you baby ; )

All jokes aside, I love a good Freemason conspiracy yarn, but it is hard to take this one too seriously in my mind.

There may be an illuminati, it may even be connected with freemasonry, but the organization proper......naw.....I have often wondered about memphis misraim though.......I need something really concrete to convince me I guess is my point......sorry for the ramble.......

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

but really I think while it is tantalizing to imagine what goes on in lodges, I am sure it is nothing mind blowing , if anything it is probably the kind of thing most men would find incredibly boring.

It really is incredibly boring, but my wife feels exactly like you. Her Daddy was a Mason her whole life, and now her husband is, and she can't be one, and it drives her nuts. The Shriners are even worse. She would give anything to be a Shriner, but she is a girl. I tease her about it a lot, but in reality it is a little sad. She wants a Fez. Apparently her Daddy taught her a secret handshake when she was a little girl, and she has always believed it was the Masonic grip. It isn't. She was crushed when I told her, LOL! Her and her Daddy's secret grip is actually way cooler and more elaborate than the Mason one though! It took me awhile to learn hers!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

but really I think while it is tantalizing to imagine what goes on in lodges, I am sure it is nothing mind blowing , if anything it is probably the kind of thing most men would find incredibly boring.

It really is incredibly boring, but my wife feels exactly like you. Her Daddy was a Mason her whole life, and now her husband is, and she can't be one, and it drives her nuts. The Shriners are even worse. She would give anything to be a Shriner, but she is a girl. I tease her about it a lot, but in reality it is a little sad. She wants a Fez. Apparently her Daddy taught her a secret handshake when she was a little girl, and she has always believed it was the Masonic grip. It isn't. She was crushed when I told her, LOL! Her and her Daddy's secret grip is actually way cooler and more elaborate than the Mason one though! It took me awhile to learn hers!

Omg--literally I thought I was the only one! I am messing with husband all the time, trying to get him to show me the secret handshake, he just laughs and hugs me! I think the fez's are badass too. Huh, I wonder how many women suffer from mason envy??? It's like when you are a kid and all those stinky boys won ' t let you into the clubhouse !!!

I always thought it was so hilarious my brother used to give my dad a hard time and then he ended up joining one of the most secretive organizations next to masonry!!

So I gotta ask, do you ever think the lodges will ever let females in? My husband says no, he thinks it has more to do with tradition than any kind of bias, but I am just not interested in eastern star, I want to be in the clubhouse with the boys!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by partycrasher

Nice post,,
The craft has many secrets but your average Mason doesnt know many of them.
he lives in a dream world of chastity, thinking he will receive the light but seldom does.
You will find all the secrets through your own study outside of the Lodge. The rites will teach you no secrets but they will teach you lessons in life, of virtue, honour, Integrity etc, etc... they are truly, a beautiful thing.

Perhaps any man who is so lost that needs to join a SS to gain these qualities surely must be lacking in moral fibre and personal confidence. I have the virtues of any Mason and so perhaps do you.
Masonry is an institution which prides itself on secrecy on pain of death for those who step outside the "Triangle & circle."
What are the secrets that you cannot learn from research yourself? Not many my brother.
I have over 60 books on Masonry and I know many rituals and much of the history behind the craft.
It is all based around Ancient Egypt and the Hebrew occult teachings.

I used to go shooting with one and on a day out in the field, out of the blue (no pun intended) he asked me "Hey Rigel, Do rabbits lay eggs?" I immediately thought it was an innuendo (which they like to sometimes throw out there to try and show their superiority over the "profane"). My reply with a wry smile was... yes they lay chocolate eggs.....

Easter Bunny - Easter eggs......see what I mean?. If you get anywhere close to their way of thinking and you are not on the square,especially in multiple company, they will try to ridicule and belittle you with subtle grins and winks of the eye....Truth is, this guy is a thicko and he really thought that rabbits laid eggs in nests....... They are no different to you or me,....

They just have a contrived network of mutual helpers who look after each other no matter what. The (Illuminati) pyramid structure works in Masonry aswell as every other walk of life. It is the very few at the top of the pyramid who really know the truth, the rest below are jumped up with self importance and know nothing, they are there purely to serve those which they support.

Lots of individuals in the bretheren have a thirst for occult, religious or esoteric knowledge, but lets face it, you dont need to be a "brother" to become illuminated in this day and age. Their star in the East is flickering and dwindling as the light of knowledge of the Ancients begins to shine all over the globe for those whose eyes are open to see it.

They have purt the info out there in plain sight for those who want to see...... I once heard the saying...... "Life moves pretty fast, if you dont stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it" That is very true to me now... you need to look at numerology, symbolism, architecture, city planning and Geometry to see the message that the Freemasonry agenda is all about.

As a kid in England, I used to wonder why there were so many demons carved in stone on gothic churches looking down at you as you walked inside, Fact is there are more demons inside of any church than on the outside... especially in the Catholic church and those early masons tried to tell us that.... its like a kick in the balls to the early church of England...... hidden in plain sight... These guys do have a sense of humour.

The Son of David was just a man like you or me, as was Pithagoras, Plato and Newton. Maybe God did speak to Soloman and give him an almighty wisdom, but that didnt stop him from inviting help from other avenues later in life now did it....

Soloman got the esoteric ancient knowledge from the hebrews who left Egypt and amongst other things, thats what gave him his "flying carpet".... there's one secret for you

Let me tell you one thing......

"Mathematics is the language of nature"

the most beautiful woman in the world will have a mouth width to nose width ratio of 1.62,,,,

Is this the stuff you really need to know LOL

I will gladly debate any 33rd degree Mason of the AASRFM or a KT of the York.
The rest, well..... you are just the rest......

PEACE,
RK

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
...Masonry is an institution which prides itself on secrecy on pain of death for those who step outside the "Triangle & circle."

I have over 60 books on Masonry...

60 books, huh? Which one makes reference to the 'triangle & circle'?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Oh ya, I think they will eventually let women in. I don't know if it will be 10 years or 200 years, but it will happen. It is just about tradition, nothing more. Harmony in the lodge is a decent reason as well. Men just don't act right when women are around, lol!

I think the next generation of Masons will be much more open to everything. My Lodge has a lot of old guys that oppose any change for any reason, but they are dying off fast.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

Sorry dude, but by not stepping out of the triangle and circle, I assume you are referring to the occult practice of summoning (though I hate that word) - which I can't see as having much to do with this thread.

Besides which, as a veteran occultist, I can recommend that you don't employ the triangle and circle method, because it's disrespectful and it just tends to tick off whomever it is you are asking for....

Anyway - sorry to stray off topic a little.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

So I gotta ask, do you ever think the lodges will ever let females in? My husband says no, he thinks it has more to do with tradition than any kind of bias, but I am just not interested in eastern star, I want to be in the clubhouse with the boys!

No, I really don't. The vast majority of Masons like it the way it is, a Fraternity. Then there is the other thing about Masonry, it has no international leadership only recognition. So lets say one Grand Lodge decides to let women join, every other Grand Lodge would likely revoke their recognition of all Masons under that Grand Lodge. Then the majority of Masons would revolt and establish a competing Fraternal Grand Lodge that would be recognized.

But know you are not alone, I enjoy listening to the low mutterings of the wives when ever we get together outside of lodge.
Masonry is very anti-climatic .. and most of the functions where the real fun happens women can go to. Funnest part of Masonry for me is the bar afterwards which occasionally wives show up and watch us make fools of ourselves at karaoke. Be thankful you don't have to sit through the 30 minute debates on whether to spend $50 to replace a cracked tile in the bathroom.............

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

My generation is definitely far more open minded.... but I seriously don't think we will ever, ever allow women in the Craft. It's not about being open minded, imo, people join a fraternity for a reason. And if the Elks are any indication, women joining chases away men seeking the fraternity aspects of such a society, and has since had it's membership age and decline rapidly.. with men more often seeking other fraternal organizations. Sorry women, we like our alone time!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

As I mentioned before, my friends and family, the ones I love. They do plenty to keep me in check. Concepts of honour and a sense of duty towards another man.
It's an odd idea, to know that the only thing keeping you in check is your beleif in God. in that case, keep the faith.

Um... right.

And y'all are a bunch of ***** ****** who ***** in ***** the *** through the ***** loo of **** and ***** to the chicken.

See y'all on Monday when I get back.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

So many men join for fraternal reasons? So it is a boys club.......

Well, I guess I will have to sit at the bar with the other wives and remain envious ; )

I was once told that freemasonry doesn't want women having all their super powerful extra magical knowledge, that they felt if women knew the secrets it would create problems but this was from a guy on a forum similar to this one, so who knows???

But I think that perhaps the reason why men masons do not want to admit women has more to do with the fact that the things men do in private in lodges exposes them in ways, makes them vulnerable in ways most men would not feel comfortable women seeing or knowing about.

And for the record I am not talking in any sort of sexual sense, that is not the kind or exposure or vulnerability I speak of.

I think it is okay to keep Masonic secrets between men only, simply for the reason that was stated previously by the other mason, admit women and the whole dynamic is thrown off, women bring a different energy to the table and I can see why it could cause a disruption/ loss of tradition.

Could you guys just throw the ladies a frickin bone and at least clue us in on the handshake? Come on.........please??? ; )

Great discussion guys, thanks for the info and thanks for being kind, if you are secret evil monsters, you are the nicest monsters I ever met....

Or let me guess......you are just pretending to be nice.....really you are both conspiring against me, right???

I guess the conspiracy will never end--and that is why we are all on this forum, looking for answers to all the big secret questions.

so until I get some rock solid proof, The Masonic conspiracy will not be keeping me up at night.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

So many men join for fraternal reasons? So it is a boys club.......

Pretty much. The fraternal aspects are one of the most important tenants of Free Masonry.. there have actually been many major medical and scientific researches done that have shown over and over again that men, physiologically and mentally actually need some form of "brotherhood". That doesn't mean every guy needs a Frat, some guys find it through circles of friends, bowling leagues with the guys, a lot find it in the military.

I was once told that freemasonry doesn't want women having all their super powerful extra magical knowledge, that they felt if women knew the secrets it would create problems but this was from a guy on a forum similar to this one, so who knows???

That's what my wife thought hahaha .. I gave her a few of my books on the more esoteric side of Masonry and she said I could keep my magical knowledge.
If a woman really wants to know the "mysteries" of Freemasonry you can go to a book store, or even better, Amazon (larger selection) and read all there is to know. The more in depth researches on Masonry don't happen in the lodge, so you'd end up most likely with a better understanding than most Free Masons do

But I think that perhaps the reason why men masons do not want to admit women has more to do with the fact that the things men do in private in lodges exposes them in ways, makes them vulnerable in ways most men would not feel comfortable women seeing or knowing about.

I would say .... no. Nothing actually happens in a lodge that a woman would find weird. They would find it weird that men, without the influence of women, do the things we do perhaps.. actually I would say one of the key components of the degree work is the fact that you have to partake in the degrees in a very exposed way with strangers .. solidifying the Brotherhood aspect of Masonry. Brotherhood is one of the most if not thee most important aspect of Masonry..

Or let me guess......you are just pretending to be nice.....really you are both conspiring against me, right???

We sacrifice virgins, eat babies and do unspeakable things to goats.................

Here is a thread I actually authored on the topic of Fraternity about um .. 4 years ago it looks like

Free Masons: Why Men Need Societies Like Free Masonry: An Essay.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I didn't realize that the fez was such a chick magnet.

Interesting......

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

How is it you presume to say you know more about the Craft than the "average" Mason? Why is it you think the Craft lies to its own members and withholds information?

If Freemasonry is so secret then why, at least in America, can one easily find or identify where we meet and when? Why can you see cars with Masonic decals or bumper stickers? Why are our rituals pasted all over the net? You mix up secret with private, which is what we are, a private organization.

Personal confidence has nothing to do with whether someone joins a club or not. That is just a rude and pointless attack.

I have persistently talked about the absurdity of a hidden structure controlling Freemasonry without the consent of the Brethren.

You can debate with any Mason on here, regardless of his rank can still debate whether he is a 3°, 32°, 33°, Knights Templar, or member of the AAONMS.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Boys club? I prefer "gentleman" to "boy". I mean we are a fraternity and by definition it is a men-only organization. I'm still awaiting for my acceptance into one of the sororities here in Boise.

I'm sure you hear all sorts of things on forums such as this. There are a lot of loonies out there making stuff up about Freemasonry.

Could you guys just throw the ladies a frickin bone and at least clue us in on the handshake? Come on.........please??? ; )

Sure, you extend your hand grasping the hand of another.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Let me just tell ya, the fez is where it is at!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Did not mean to sound condescending, sorry if it seemed offensive to you, I used the term boys club because I had made a joke about not being allowed in the stinky boys clubhouse. As far as the handshake comment, it was a reference to a comment I posted earlier.....I was never seriously expecting anyone to tell me! I have tried to get that secret from my dad for over 20 years now.....I am pretty sure I will never know that one!

..my posts were supposed to be light hearted because I think this is a topic that is very heavy and difficult to discuss and from my POV the doom and gloom evil stuff needs to be peppered with a bit of a logic and humor.

As far as the faternal aspects go, I support guys having guy time, I think they need it as much as I need to go shopping with my girlfriends, really I think one of the problems with guys nowadays is that they only do wife/family/work.....makes them grumpy and ill tempered, I feel bad for guys real, they are sent a ton of mixed signals from society and then women bitch cause guys are indecisive!

But I am way off topic--I am glad that I encountered some masons that were able to explain some things and did not take everything so seriously, from my POV this thread should not be taken seriously unless someone can answer my initial query........if masons are the bad guys I'd love to see some proof.....solid proof.....not rumors, not hearsay, not third party sources, not web pages that lack proper sourcing....

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Oh, I should've put a smiley next to the first sentence as I was saying that in jest. I took no offense and I meant known.

It is surprising and good to see that a lot of wives actually support a guy time...but I'm sure its a nice break for the wives too.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Thanks so much for the essay, this is the kind of stuff I am really interested in, I will definetly read it and let my husband read it, and get his thoughts....if I have any questions that my husband can't explain, maybe we need a different thread and discuss further if you do not mind?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Oh, it's all good, I just hate to offend people because my wording isn't as accurate as it should be. I am a practicing writer and I try to make my posts sharp.

Yeah,couples need freedom/breaks from each other I think, at least I know that works for me, but really I give my husband as much freedom as possible without breaking our marriage vows....I do this because the more freedom he has the happier he is, and I like to see him happy....his eyes twinkle when he is happy....call it sickenly sweet, call it corny....but it's true. The self serving side of me gives him space because when he is happy, my life is much less stressful, a grumpy husband is no fun! So, it works for us on several levels I guess.

Again off topic--sorry....

I really wish someone would come to this tread and give me some proof to discuss........

I know with all the conspiracy lovers out there there has to be people that have complied things they think are proof....I'd love to go over it with them.

Oh well, maybe it is a discussion better left for another day!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join