It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Did Not Warn Us Of The Asteroid SE58 That Almost Hit Earth. They Were Unsure Of Its Orbit.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by kwell
Tell us Phage how big do asteroids get?

950 km (590 mi)
Why do you ask?

Whats the connection here with your NASA coverup?

Well this is what Phage posted: Asteroid: A relatively small, inactive, rocky body orbiting the Sun.

So I wanted to see what he considered small. Do you consider an asteroid that is 590 miles small? The question was asked of Phage since he posted that information.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonzoo7
reply to post by boncho

Not bagging on you at all...just putting it straight: If it's in space, it's meteor; If it's in our atmosphere, it's a meteroid; If it hits the earth in one piece, it's a meteorite. Thanks for playing!

The OP said meteors hit (assuming he meant the earth)

What does it make those then?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
reply to post by longtermproject

Who created these sites that did the tracking????? And why is it that everyone believes everything they hear when it comes from some government site???? TPTB only let us know what they want us to know. How about the "meteor" that was seen just this September in California, NASA did not give us a heads up......why??? Did they not know about it??? Yeah not so much..........not convinced. Interesting enough that this particular incident was right around the same time the UARs was to come crashing to Earth...............hhhmmm. You would think they would be panning the sky for activity, how did they miss that?

You realize that billy bob programmer from wherever probably just used a standard set of design rules to create these sites, which are then given data by astronomers and whatnot based on what they see in the sky.... odds are, less than 15% of this data comes from NASA, as they do make observations, but only as the result of looking for something else.... They do not spend their time looking for this stuff. That is exactly why these other institutes and companies were created. With the limited amount of telescopes that these companies have, they can only observe so much, and as such, they rely on other astronomers, universities, and other sources.... That is why some information is imperfect... they don't have time to verify 100%

It seems that people that believe all these conspiracies make one fatal flaw.... your giving these people too much credit.... remember, if they work for the government... odds are, they probably do half the work a normal person does in a day.... plus they get more holidays, and breaks and whatnot.... How would you expect they keep up like that....

Simple thought really, but hey, if you want to believe it go ahead.... I have met way too many government employees in the space industry that don't get very much done in a day to believe that they would actually be on top of their game....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

The largest asteroid is Vesta at about 500km (technically, Ceres got promoted to dwarf planet).

Yes, relatively small.
As compared to a planet. As compared to the Moon. As compared to many moons of other planets.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Well this is what Phage posted: Asteroid: A relatively small, inactive, rocky body orbiting the Sun.

So I wanted to see what he considered small. Do you consider an asteroid that is 590 miles small?

Relatively small, yes.
Remember that this definition is in regards to solar system objects, so yes I do agree with the definition of small in this context.

It'd be large for a desk paperweight though, but thats not what we're discussing.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by radosta

This woman and Rossane Barr really need to hook up? Rossane

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

You're a bit of a lunatic aren't you? You haven't proved anything other than your inability to not understand the facts presented in front of you. You say they should warn us about an asteroid that didn't pose any real threat. Why should they do this? Would it make you sleep better at night? You're not being logical at all.

The emergency test thing is something that goes hand in hand with the terror threats as of lately. So thats pointless. The youtube video about the asteroid that was a near miss proves what? Oh yeah, that it would have been pointless to warn us about becuase it wasn't a threat.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You clearly don't know nothing. 0.0023AU, the meteorite came that close. But do you know how close this is? 344 000km for a meteorite of 13 meters in size. .... ???? .... ????

Do you really get this? Or do you need pictures? A distance of 344 000km and it is 1/4 quarter the size of my courtyard (car parking). If it would of come towards earth, it would of been destroyed just by entering earth atmosphere.

To cause damage, first you need a rock made of certain material like Iridium. Also you need the size to be quite large (size of texas). This would create damage worldwide. 13 meters? Sorry

So when you post a conspiracy, why don't you check your sources and check the scientific data before posting? You wouldn't look like a fool.

i]reply to post by kwell

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by kwell

Why did NASA give no warning of asteroid SE58 that almost hit earth on September 27, 2011?

Maybe, just maybe, part of the reasoning behind not giving a warning that would create a massive widespread chaotic panic, could be because nothing happened.

Ok. So you are saying you want no warning...don't worry you got it because that is what they will do... www.youtube.com...

What are you going to do when they do give you a warning? Especially if it's an "everyone is going to die" warning? This is a serious question, that is open for anyone to answer.

I'd rather not spend my last few [insert time til impact here] freaking out about it.

When it hits, it's gonna hit, and the outcome will be the same. Warning or not.
edit on 6-10-2011 by semicolonsmile because: grammar nazi'd myself

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by semicolonsmile

reply to post by kwell

Why did NASA give no warning of asteroid SE58 that almost hit earth on September 27, 2011?

Maybe, just maybe, part of the reasoning behind not giving a warning that would create a massive widespread chaotic panic, could be because nothing happened.

Ok. So you are saying you want no warning...don't worry you got it because that is what they will do... www.youtube.com...

What are you going to do when they do give you a warning? Especially if it's an "everyone is going to die" warning? This is a serious question, that is open for anyone to answer.

I'd rather not spend my last few [insert time til impact here] freaking out about it.

I know an asteroid is coming. I don't know exactly when but it is not that far off. Where are you going to be for eternity? Just wanted to wake people up. I see all the signs, not too much longer.
edit on 6-10-2011 by kwell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I know an asteroid is coming. I don't know exactly when but it is not that far off. Where are you going to be for eternity? Just wanted to wake people up. I see all the signs, not too much longer.

You just can't resist the fear mongering. One last little baseless and utterly worthless "You'll see!!!" whine.

Thanks for the warning, sport, but just because your life appears to be a steaming pile, doesn't mean the rest of us don't expect to be kicking for a good while still.

Oh who cares. Just carry on.
edit on 6-10-2011 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

What signs? You can't comprehend the english language let alone "signs" that someone/something is giving you. There are also methods of directing an asteroid away from us and or destroying one in space. There would be an effort to save humanity before letting it perish unless the object was larver than the earth. Then I'm sure we'd be pretty screwed.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by semicolonsmile

oops

edit on 7-10-2011 by semicolonsmile because: replied to myself somehow

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by semicolonsmile

reply to post by kwell

Riiiight.

Just like you "know" that a brown dwarf star is coming in your other extremely misguided thread...

Have you seen it yourself??? Like, with a telescope, and not a computer program that uses dated images of space???

What's it called???

Where's it at in the sky???

I would love to see it.

Eventually we will be hit with an asteroid.

Eventually the sun is going to completely destroy the first three planets in our solar system too.

Your "signs" I'm assuming are the "increased" earthquake activity, flooding, etc... It's not that these things are increasing, it's that we're all connected now in this day and age and everyone can be made aware of what's happening all over the globe...the earth may be going through some changes, as it does from time to time...but it's probably not from a nearby asteroid or a brown dwarf star....

Why don't you answer my question? What would you do if they did put out the warning that everyone was about to die?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kwell

What you say makes a lot of sense.

The connection with SE58 to the Argentina meteorite impacts (X2, 700 miles apart) seems to be a good one, and also indicates a cover up from the government about the very near miss, the totally uninformed very near miss of the main asteroid! seems to be the reason for the ongoing conspiracy down in Argentina...witnesses to the fragments falling are being arrested...ridiculous and pretty standard gas explosion cover stories are being used.

All the rats running to their holes in Denver on the day of an anticipated impact from SE58 to protect their own backsides with the American public who paid for their survival holes, were not even so much as warned of potential danger from overhead.

This is exactly how much warning we would get of an Asteroidal threat, nuclear attack, a message from ET, or indeed anything else that is either life threatening on a continental or global scale, or paradigm changing on the same scale.

NASA should be an acronym for Never Again Sucker America...because that is what they, their masters and their masters - masters are doing to the country routinely.

It should be relatively easy for someone with knowledge of astronomy who has an interest in such things to plot the course of Asteroid SE58 in relation to the two impact positions in Argentina at the time they hit...there should be a correlation between the coma and debris trail (which is where the meteorites likely came from, if associated to the asteroid).

Either way..many, many millions of $ annually invested for American taxpayers in both NASA and the US government, and the people don't even get a warning of possible danger by way of thanks, let alone a place of safety. Even Russia builds thousands of bunkers for it's people, the US builds thousands of them for the elites.

Who's the evil empire again?...when i was a kid, it was always supposed to be the USSR...at least they care about their citizens, the top echelons in the USA seem to only care about themselves.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

Pretty mouthy for someone with an entire DAY under your membership belt aren't you?

I think you'll discover ideas are welcome here, and unlike certain other websites mouthy types frequent, we have a 'manners and decorum' policy of mutual respect for peoples ideas.

Just something to bare in mind, considering you've only just got here.

For the record, it's the message that matters - not the grammar, especially if English isn't a first language.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by semicolonsmile

I'd like to answer that question of yours thanks.

I'd live my life like there was no tomorrow.
I'd attempt to put right the past wrongs, and attempt to heal old wounds.
I'd be inseparable from my family, kids would not go to school, parents would not go to work, and shower them with my love, right till our end.
I'd have hope and do what i could to try and ensure their survival, even if that was futile.
I'd breathe my last breath informed, and not ignorant of how and why it was my last breath.
I'd be grateful to those with the knowledge of our danger, that had the choice to keep me in ignorance or inform me, had made the right and decent choice and told me.

What would you do?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Blinded

To cause damage, first you need a rock made of certain material like Iridium. Also you need the size to be quite large (size of texas). This would create damage worldwide. 13 meters? Sorry

You should check your information before getting high and mighty with other people's posts mate.

You think only something hitting the Earth at 20 - 60K MPH has to be the size of an entire American State to cause global damage?

You're very, very wrong.

Only a 10 mile wide asteroid would pretty much destroy all life on Earth, the huge majority of it anyway.

It would create a 100 - 200 mile wide crater, and trigger firestorms, supervolcanic eruptions and mega tsunamis.

Anyone on the surface, will be incinerated by heat from the impact and fiery debris thrown up and falling back to ground all around the world.

The volcanoes around the world will release poisons and gases that would choke everything, and the sunlight would be blocked out for years, possibly up to five or more years, effectively killing off all plantlife and most surviving animals.

A few thousand human survivors might make it through, but will be thrown back into a neolithic lifestyle and would soon forget they were ever advanced.

10 miles wide.

NOT Texas sized.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Notice is out in all NASA circles, that jumpy people want to be informed of every 33-foot in diameter space rock that comes within 147,000 miles of earth in the future, (even though it would entirely burn up in the earth atmosphere before impact), duly noted–end transmission–.

Have a nice day.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I was just wondering what you believe would be the reasoning for covering up meteorite strikes in Argentina? You seem awfully convinced that this is definately a cover-up. I'm guessing you (like kwell) have glaringly over-looked the rest of the posts (which inconviently for you goes against your views). Also, like it has been said NASA has no reason to tell you about this asteroid (even though there was plenty of data before-hand if you were that bothered about the impending doom) and aren't even at the forefront of finding the data and reporting it.

Also questioning someones integrity because they've only been registered for a day is a bit sad isn't it. I'm sure you posted something that you thought was relevant on your first day otherwise what was the point in registering? He made a very valid opinionated point (i'm sure opinions are appreciated on this website as much as some of the more obscure posts/topics) which i'm sure a large section of this room would agree with, considering the number of posts going against kwell's view

Also just thought I'd that 911 of the 981 (approx.) of the asteroids over 1km in diameter have been recorded and tracked
edit on 7/10/2011 by marshy10156 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join