It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Did Not Warn Us Of The Asteroid SE58 That Almost Hit Earth. They Were Unsure Of Its Orbit.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwell

Originally posted by ColAngus

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by kwell

Obama is not taking over the emergency broadcast system. How silly can you get. What you are talking about is a test of the natl emergency broadcast system. It will take all of 3 minutes and will be over. It is much like the weekly ebs tests on radio and TV. As a matter of fact the local authorities use parts of the natl system to notify people of weather or other hazards. This test will be conducted by FEMA and the FCC. Not the executive branch of the govt. No conspiracy here, nothing to even talk about.

Yes I know, it is the FIRST time they have ever done this....The EAS is a national alert and warning system established to enable the President of the United States to address the American public during emergencies.

And after Obama mutters "...and that concludes this test of the Emergency Alert System," will you come back here and admit you were wrong? Or will your story change that the test was just a false flag, or coded psyop, or some other load of poop?
edit on 6-10-2011 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

I didn't say he was going to mutter anything important, I just find it interesting with all the other unusual happenings lately.
Uh, no back peddeling Kwell, you presented this factoid because you thought there was something significant about the event. Now its just an "oh well I thought it was interesting"??? If you're going to wield guns, you should stick to them.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Nothing to sinister here?

bacteriophage
or phage
Any of a group of usually complex viruses that infect bacteria. Discovered in the early 20th century, bacteriophages were used to treat human bacterial diseases such as bubonic plague and cholera but were not successful; they were abandoned with the advent of antibiotics in the 1940s. The rise of drug-resistant bacteria in the 1990s focused renewed attention on the therapeutic potential of bacteriophages. Thousands of varieties exist, each of which may infect only one or a few types of bacteria. The core of a bacteriophage's genetic material may be either DNA or RNA. On infecting a host cell, bacteriophages known as lytic or virulent phages release replicated viral particles by lysing (bursting) the host cell. Other types, known as lysogenic or temperate, integrate their nucleic acid into the host's chromosome to be replicated during cell division. During this time they are not virulent. The viral genome may later become active, initiating production of viral particles and destruction of the host cell. A.D. Hershey and Martha Chase used a bacteriophage in a famous 1952 experiment that supported the theory that DNA is the genetic material. Because bacteriophage genomes are small and because large quantities can be prepared in the laboratory, they are a favourite research tool of molecular biologists. Studies of phages have helped illuminate genetic recombination, nucleic acid replication, and protein synthesis.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
q .7417134832339957 0.0001265 AU (perihelion distance) -- If I'm not mistaken this is how close it will get to the earth. 0.0001265 Astronomical Units = 11 758.9198 miles. So it was a close miss, but even if it was going to hit earth you have to look at:

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Diameter 0.010 km = 32.808399 feet

It'd likely burn up in the atmosphere. which is probably why NASA didnt really care to mention it, not that its a conspiracy or was forgotten.

Torino Scale (maximum) 0

Torino Scale
The hazard rating according to the Torino Impact Hazard Scale, based on the tabulated impact probability and impact energy. The Torino Scale is defined only for potential impacts less than 100 years in the future.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

I did go to dictionary.com.

-phage 
a combining form meaning “a thing that devours,” used in the formation of compound words, especially the names of phagocytes: macrophage.
Also, -phag.
Compare phago-, -phagous, -phagy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
noun use of Greek -phagos -phagous

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jehova620

I see a T & C warnig in our future. Move this thread to the predictions forum.

link   

Originally posted by jehova620
Nothing to sinister here?

bacteriophage
or phage
Any of a group of usually complex viruses that infect bacteria. Discovered in the early 20th century, bacteriophages were used to treat human bacterial diseases such as bubonic plague and cholera but were not successful; they were abandoned with the advent of antibiotics in the 1940s. The rise of drug-resistant bacteria in the 1990s focused renewed attention on the therapeutic potential of bacteriophages. Thousands of varieties exist, each of which may infect only one or a few types of bacteria. The core of a bacteriophage's genetic material may be either DNA or RNA. On infecting a host cell, bacteriophages known as lytic or virulent phages release replicated viral particles by lysing (bursting) the host cell. Other types, known as lysogenic or temperate, integrate their nucleic acid into the host's chromosome to be replicated during cell division. During this time they are not virulent. The viral genome may later become active, initiating production of viral particles and destruction of the host cell. A.D. Hershey and Martha Chase used a bacteriophage in a famous 1952 experiment that supported the theory that DNA is the genetic material. Because bacteriophage genomes are small and because large quantities can be prepared in the laboratory, they are a favourite research tool of molecular biologists. Studies of phages have helped illuminate genetic recombination, nucleic acid replication, and protein synthesis.

Noun 1. phage - a virus that is parasitic (reproduces itself) in bacteria; "phage uses the bacterium's machinery and energy to produce more phage until the bacterium is destroyed and phage is released to invade surrounding bacteria"

Do you ever get the feeling he thinks we are the bacteria? Is he reproducing himself? Is there more than one? Seems to always be online watching every post...totally amazing.

link   
reply to post by karen61057

[

Origin: noun use of Greek -phagos -phagous

To eat. To devour....ignorance.
Unfortunately it is a never ending endevour.

edit on 10/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Hey I studied bacteriophages many years ago (along with so many other things), and I still think they are so cewl

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Before this goes anymore off-topic I'm going to jump in here and ask what's the point. If you have no way to counter the information and sources he provides without attacking his character it means your theory is wrong. So, instead of looking at others maybe you should look at the theories you support and ask yourself why they can't stand up to scrutiny.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by kwell

Before this goes anymore off-topic I'm going to jump in here and ask what's the point. If you have no way to counter the information and sources he provides without attacking his character it means your theory is wrong. So, instead of looking at others maybe you should look at the theories you support and ask yourself why they can't stand up to scrutiny.

Are you kidding? Earlier he was telling me a fireball falling from the sky was a contrail.lol He just throws so much bull into a thread til you finally give up.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by kwell

Are you kidding? Earlier he was telling me a fireball falling from the sky was a contrail.lol He just throws so much bull into a thread til you finally give up.

I have to be honest, i actually look out for threads that Phage posts in. Seems to be a mine of non biased info.

Seems you have a beef with him, so much so that youve killed your own thread!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

If it's a picture of what I think you're talking about it was a contrail. The lane was flying away from the photographer. Don't you wonder why in many of these reports people are able to see these "fireballs" at the exact same time everyday?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

I know I'm going to regret this, but what makes you think...I'm sorry, KNOW, it was anything but a contrail.

Meteor? Asteroid? One of Elenin's hemorroids fallen to earth?

Patiently awaiting the Youtube cavalcade.
edit on 6-10-2011 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

[color=deepskyblue]Well, if it's on youtube it must be true.

edit on 6-10-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Wow its closest was .0023 AU = 344,000km about 8 times further than geosynchronous orbit, and about 40,000km closer than the orbit of the moon 385,000km. That was very close, but nothing to worry about.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Not bagging on you at all...just putting it straight: If it's in space, it's meteor; If it's in our atmosphere, it's a meteroid; If it hits the earth in one piece, it's a meteorite. Thanks for playing!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

Can I play?

Asteroid: A relatively small, inactive, rocky body orbiting the Sun.
Comet: A relatively small, at times active, object whose ices can vaporize in sunlight forming an atmosphere (coma) of dust and gas and, sometimes, a tail of dust and/or gas.
Meteoroid: A small particle from a comet or asteroid orbiting the Sun.
Meteor: The light phenomena which results when a meteoroid enters the Earth's atmosphere and vaporizes; a shooting star.
Meteorite: A meteoroid that survives its passage through the Earth's atmosphere and lands upon the Earth's surface.

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by moonzoo7

Can I play?

Asteroid: A relatively small, inactive, rocky body orbiting the Sun.
Comet: A relatively small, at times active, object whose ices can vaporize in sunlight forming an atmosphere (coma) of dust and gas and, sometimes, a tail of dust and/or gas.
Meteoroid: A small particle from a comet or asteroid orbiting the Sun.
Meteor: The light phenomena which results when a meteoroid enters the Earth's atmosphere and vaporizes; a shooting star.
Meteorite: A meteoroid that survives its passage through the Earth's atmosphere and lands upon the Earth's surface.

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Back from break? How are the bulls?

Tell us Phage how big do asteroids get?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Tell us Phage how big do asteroids get?

950 km (590 mi)
Why do you ask?

Whats the connection here with your NASA coverup?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Nasa said that visability wouldnt be good for the U.S. and a meteror came flying threw in colubia md..My spell check isnt workin now...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join