It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Did Not Warn Us Of The Asteroid SE58 That Almost Hit Earth. They Were Unsure Of Its Orbit.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kwell

My thoughts and these are only my thoughts, that they know something is coming and they are hiding it because they don't want to cause panic. Why is Obama taking over the emergency broadcast system on November 9, 2011 for the first ever.

They do seem to be trying to hide a lot lately
.www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by kwell

It was 18 meters Phage and that is 60 feet. How would you like that to hit your house?

I saw 10 meters. But 10 or 18 meters, it would break up when it entered the atmosphere.

Here is a fireball on September 26th that didn't break up...www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by kwell
Why did NASA give no warning of asteroid SE58 that almost hit earth on September 27, 2011? It came very close to earth and they were uncertain of its orbit.

its always about NASA for conspiracy theorists.

Even when they have to be told time and time and time and time again that NASA do not determine the orbits of rocks in space.
That task is done by the Minor Planet Center, part of the International Astronomical Union (IAU).

But of course all this destroys the role of NASA in this conspiracy, so perhaps its best if you just ignore this post and continue on as you were.

edit on 5-10-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

So why did congress madate nasa to find all NEO
So why did NASA put up NEOWISE Telescope just for the fun of it
The Minor Planet Center part of the International Astronomical Union is there to cataloge then

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kwell

That looks like a jet contrail to me. Or maybe you can provide an image of a real fireball which left a trail.
The woman was killed by a gas explosion.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ha, Ha...Very funny.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Please provide a link to that mandate. I would like to see it.

So why did NASA put up NEOWISE Telescope just for the fun of it

The WISE satellite was launched in order to perform a full sky infrared survey, not to look for NEOs. NEOWISE was a clever bit of software which made it possible to use the data which WISE was collecting to find some NEOs.

The Minor Planet Center part of the International Astronomical Union is there to cataloge then

The MPC collects data from professional, governmental, and amateur sources. It does not just catalog NEOs.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kwell

You think a woman getting killed is funny?

How about a picture of a meteor leaving a sinuous trail?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

reply to post by kwell

You think a woman getting killed is funny?

No. I think your funny. If I saw a fireball fall from the sky in front of my face. You would be there to explain it away with some screwy explanation.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

reply to post by kwell

The woman was killed by a gas explosion.

Ya i'm sure you convince a lot of member with that copy paste line

Ya Phase a Div. of NASA

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

reply to post by kwell

So now you are admitting it was a meteor?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well Phase it was on page 2 haft way down but here it is again

At the national level in the United States, the Minor Planet Center (MPC) at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, sponsored by the International Astronomical Union but funded about 90 percent by NASA, collects observations of all asteroids and comets made around the world. The MPC archives these observations, makes them publicly available, and computes orbits for all individual, identified objects. For any object that seems to pose a threat to Earth, the MPC director or designee has a reporting system to alert a NASA official and thence through specified government channels to alert the country at large. Also in the United States, individual observers and observatories are dedicated in whole or in part to discovering and observing NEOs. Further, NASA supports a group of researchers at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) that carries out accurate, long-term predictions of asteroid orbits, quantifies threats, and notifies NASA, as does the MPC, if a “threshold” is exceeded.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Please provide a link to that mandate. I would like to see it.

Here one
www.universetoday.com...

Here again
spacepolicyonline.com...:nasa-cannot-meet-congressional-schedule-for-finding-neos-says-new- nrc-report&catid=67:news&Itemid=27

So who is playing dump here normaly you have no problem copy & paste these for your need
impact.arc.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This might have already been said but 60ft is nothing. That would do only very localized damage and unless it hit right at NYC or LA it wouldnt really devastate anything.

Neglecting to read the whole thread as I'm very tired.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Why did NASA give no warning of asteroid SE58 that almost hit earth on September 27, 2011? It came very close to earth and they were uncertain of its orbit. It is listed as a code 7 so they didn't know if it was going to hit the earth. Type in September 27, 2011(notice code 7)... ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... They also knew it would bring meteors with it but again they gave us no warning. Several meteors hit. Here is one that hit on September 26 in Argentina... www.youtube.com...

Now we know why Obama was at the Denver International Airport on September 27, 2011 near the underground bunker. NASA was also there, possibly to keep an eye on the asteroid. Denver also became the most popular destination for conferences for the big national corporations on the same day. I guess NASA really does stand for Never A Straight Answer

Why cause mass panic of an object and the uncertainty of it's path? Do you have any idea what it would mean when NASA comes out and says: "Heey, there is an astroid coming towards earth. We don't know it path so it may fly by or it will hit us. Good evening."

Picture the UK riots from earlier this year, but then world wide! Mass panic, looting, etc will happen. You really want that? And what happens when it flies by like it did? Who is going to pay for all the damage? What would you think happens to the economy?

When the majority of the world population has no control over there fears and emotions, these things should not be shouted out! It will only cause mass panic! I bet when they know we seriously have a atroid or comet heading for earth and it will destroy life here, they would tell it so people could prepare to die.

Be with loved ones, and not die alone while working, etc.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Why did NASA give no warning of asteroid SE58 that almost hit earth on September 27, 2011?

They did. It was on their close approaches page. We discussed it on ATS. No one cared, because it's a tiny little rock that wasn't going to hit us, and even if it did, it's so small it would be mostly harmless. It would blow up in the stratosphere, and there are no people in the stratosphere. A few chunks might hit the ground, or more probably the water, but that happens all the time and no one really cares. It's not like you can predict where a chunk of rock from an explosion in the stratosphere is going to land with any real accuracy. Especially since we're operating from the assumption that NASA is already wrong about this thing's orbit.

Now we know why Obama was at the Denver International Airport on September 27, 2011 near the underground bunker.

He was at DIA because it's the fastest way to get in and out of Denver, where you can give campaign speeches to one of the few urban liberal enclaves in flyover country. He was nominated in Denver, and he wanted to get that old magic back.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Celestica
This might have already been said but 60ft is nothing. That would do only very localized damage and unless it hit right at NYC or LA it wouldnt really devastate anything.

Typical answer if it not happening over my head it not importand

Big or small your tax payed for that info you should decide if it mater to you.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Oh, you mean the mandate which said:

In 2005, the US Congress mandated that NASA discover 90 percent of all near-Earth objects 140 meters in diameter or greater by 2020.

www.universetoday.com...

I must have misunderstood you when you said this:

I thought you meant there was a mandate to find all NEOs, not just 90% of those 140 meters in diameter or greater.

I also missed the part about how NASA was supposed to accomplish the goal with no funding. So, except for Spaceguard (which needs to be refunded) and the adaptation of WISE, NASA must depend on others.

NASA recommends that the program continue as currently planned, and we will also take advantage of opportunities using potential dual-use telescopes and spacecraft - and partner with other agencies as feasible - to attempt to achieve the legislated goal within 15 years. However, due to current budget constraints, NASA cannot initiate a new program at this time.

impact.arc.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
So Phase you agree that they had a mandate to find as many as possible
and most report to them
So now please explain why it not there job BIG or small

Sorry Phase you remind me of a Big Train
Look and sound impresive by got a one track mind
edit on 6-10-2011 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join