It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Did Not Warn Us Of The Asteroid SE58 That Almost Hit Earth. They Were Unsure Of Its Orbit.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium

Originally posted by Celestica
This might have already been said but 60ft is nothing. That would do only very localized damage and unless it hit right at NYC or LA it wouldnt really devastate anything.

Typical answer if it not happening over my head it not importand

Big or small your tax payed for that info you should decide if it mater to you.

Don't breath fire at me. That's not what I meant at all. My point was - freaking out or anything is very unnecessary with this because it is so small. It will break up in the atmosphere and not cause much damage. I mentioned big cities because that would be the only place where significant damage could occur. Although it would be deadly/dangerous for small cities depended on how big the chunks are and where they land.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

The MPC is responsible for the designation of minor bodies in the solar system: minor planets; comets, in conjunction with the Central Bureau for Astronomical Telegrams (CBAT); and natural satellites (also in conjunction with CBAT). The MPC is also responsible for the efficient collection, computation, checking and dissemination of astrometric observations and orbits for minor planets and comets

www.minorplanetcenter.net...

If NASA finds an object they report the finding to the MPC. If an amateur finds an object they report it to the MPC. If a University finds an object they report it to the MPC.

NASA hid nothing. NASA issued no warning about SE58 because it was no threat and therefore they had no reason to issue a warning.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
They won't warn us because they never warn us. Here is when we actually got a little bit of truth from the media. They said while we went about our normal everyday life there was almost a catastrophic event...an asteroid almost hit us then and guess what...no warning.... www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwell
They won't warn us because they never warn us.

No, you're simply not listening.
The fundamental point you have yet to learn is that there was NO chance that the asteroid was going to hit us, so no warning of anything at all was required.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by daryllyn
[color=dodgerblue]NASA pays the bill.

So... let me get this straight.
If I or any other private amateur astronomer see something in the sky and report it to the Minor Planet Center, then NASA will bribe me to keep quiet?

Is that what you're saying? It has to be, otherwise how else would the published orbits be what NASA wants them to be.

Otherwise, exactly what is your assertion here? Or are you doing doing the "throw #, hoping some of it will stick" trick?

[color=dodgerblue]Really?

If you had bothered at all to actually read what I posted, you would see that that's not at all what I said. According to the source I cited, NASA pays for the 90 percent of the minor planet center's costs. So NASA is paying the bill. They also pay for a portion of JPL.

At the national level in the United States, the Minor Planet Center (MPC) at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, sponsored by the International Astronomical Union but funded about 90 percent by NASA, collects observations of all asteroids and comets made around the world.

Further, NASA supports a group of researchers at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) that carries out accurate, long-term predictions of asteroid orbits, quantifies threats, and notifies NASA, as does the MPC, if a “threshold” is exceeded.

Source

[color=dodgerblue]First we have OP that can't keep his units straight calling me out on my math skills, and then we have you who called me out on my sources without even reading what I quoted.

ATS sure isn't what it used to be.
edit on 6-10-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

They won't warn us because they never warn us. Here is when we actually got a little bit of truth from the media. They said while we went about our normal everyday life there was almost a catastrophic event...an asteroid almost hit us then and guess what...no warning.... www.youtube.com...

ahhh another day at Abovetopsecret....

you people would really benefit from actually reading the facts....

Its not Nasa's job to warn us of these things.... Even if they fund the group that is responsible, it doesn't make it Nasa's job.

Nasa has much more important things to do... like fill unemployment lines and stuff

Seriously though, pay attention, and knock the conspiracy off about them already... they could be hiding things they know about the moon or mars, but they are not masking the truth about any rocks that may or may not hit us...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Why did NASA give no warning of asteroid SE58 that almost hit earth on September 27, 2011?

Maybe, just maybe, part of the reasoning behind not giving a warning that would create a massive widespread chaotic panic, could be because nothing happened.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

They won't warn us because they never warn us.

No, you're simply not listening.
The fundamental point you have yet to learn is that there was NO chance that the asteroid was going to hit us, so no warning of anything at all was required.

No you must not have read the post or look at the links. It came close and they were uncertain of the orbit.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by kwell

Why did NASA give no warning of asteroid SE58 that almost hit earth on September 27, 2011?

Maybe, just maybe, part of the reasoning behind not giving a warning that would create a massive widespread chaotic panic, could be because nothing happened.

Ok. So you are saying you want no warning...don't worry you got it because that is what they will do... www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by longtermproject

Its not Nasa's job to warn us of these things.... Even if they fund the group that is responsible, it doesn't make it Nasa's job.

Nasa has much more important things to do... like fill unemployment lines and stuff

Seriously though, pay attention, and knock the conspiracy off about them already... they could be hiding things they know about the moon or mars, but they are not masking the truth about any rocks that may or may not hit us...

Then why do they use all of our tax dollars for their program?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

[color=dodgerblue]NASA pays the bill.

So... let me get this straight.
If I or any other private amateur astronomer see something in the sky and report it to the Minor Planet Center, then NASA will bribe me to keep quiet?

Is that what you're saying? It has to be, otherwise how else would the published orbits be what NASA wants them to be.

Otherwise, exactly what is your assertion here? Or are you doing doing the "throw #, hoping some of it will stick" trick?

[color=dodgerblue]Really?

If you had bothered at all to actually read what I posted, you would see that that's not at all what I said. According to the source I cited, NASA pays for the 90 percent of the minor planet center's costs. So NASA is paying the bill. They also pay for a portion of JPL.

At the national level in the United States, the Minor Planet Center (MPC) at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, sponsored by the International Astronomical Union but funded about 90 percent by NASA, collects observations of all asteroids and comets made around the world.

Further, NASA supports a group of researchers at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) that carries out accurate, long-term predictions of asteroid orbits, quantifies threats, and notifies NASA, as does the MPC, if a “threshold” is exceeded.

Source

[color=dodgerblue]First we have OP that can't keep his units straight calling me out on my math skills, and then we have you who called me out on my sources without even reading what I quoted.

ATS sure isn't what it used to be.

I showed you the links with the math done right in front of you.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by longtermproject

Then why do they use all of our tax dollars for their program?

They are funded to explore space.... They then fund outside places to look for these NEO's.... simple really. They use our tax dollars to support the exploration of space for mankind. Nasa probably would enjoy reading all of these things they supposedly have time to do.... except they don't have time to do read it with all the new stuff they are doing....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kwell

So you post another 'almost, but didn't happen' event, from a couple years ago.
What's your point?

I knew nothing about that 1 from 2009.
Would I have been better off if there had been a chaotic global panic?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Why did NASA give no warning of asteroid SE58 that almost hit earth on September 27, 2011? It came very close to earth and they were uncertain of its orbit. It is listed as a code 7 so they didn't know if it was going to hit the earth. Type in September 27, 2011(notice code 7)... ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... They also knew it would bring meteors with it but again they gave us no warning. Several meteors hit. Here is one that hit on September 26 in Argentina... www.youtube.com...

Now we know why Obama was at the Denver International Airport on September 27, 2011 near the underground bunker. NASA was also there, possibly to keep an eye on the asteroid. Denver also became the most popular destination for conferences for the big national corporations on the same day. I guess NASA really does stand for Never A Straight Answer

Was there any significant fallout from the meteors hitting? It was closer to earth than the moon but it was still like 160,000 miles away, right? Which corporations were in Denver that day? I'm not doubting you I'm just curious. Thanks for the post!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Fireballs hit the earth on September 26th and 27th. There was damage in Argentina... www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

List of corporations in Denver... www.abovetopsecret.com...

There was a whole list of corporations having conventions on the front page but it is no longer there but you can find them throughout the thread.
edit on 6-10-2011 by kwell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

List of corporations in Denver... www.abovetopsecret.com...

There was a whole list of corporations having conventions on the front page but it is no longer there but you can find them throughout the thread.
edit on 6-10-2011 by kwell because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the reply! So are we thinking this exercise was a cover to get important people in Denver during the asteroid? I guess it wasn't a bad idea....all these local and state/federal agencies get to practice and drill, while all the important members of MJ-12 remain protected in case of a major collision with this asteroid. I guess everyone wins. I wouldn't put it past our Government! Cheers!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
They did warn it was called UARS debris

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
They did warn it was called UARS debris

So you're saying the UARS debris and the asteroid SE58 is the same thing?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here is my point on ALL of this. Please correct me if I am wrong but there has been a whole lot of asteroids, meteors and the like lately. I am 32 years old and I can not remember a time in this lifetime hearing about these sightings and actual events as often and as frequently as it has been happening. Even the satellites crashing to Earth kinda coincidental to me. I do not doubt the intelligence of the men and women of NASA, but I do doubt their ability to disclose the truth. There is talk of another asteroid in November and a Russian satellite that is bigger then the UARs that crashed to Earth, might I add NASA did an excellent job tracking that ..NOT. It make me wonder how reliable our own technology is when it comes to tracking things like this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join