It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS DOA or Simply Misdirected?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I've been watching quite a bit of the live stream recently and there are obviously folks down there trying to direct the protest towards the Fed and making a case for Libertarians, folks who were not just going to sit on their keyboard and rip the movement from the sidelines, but who got down there and provided some much needed direction. I hear some are taking a bus from NYC to Washington to join the Occupy the Fed demos.

Libertarians and elements of the left have much in common, its just some are so dug into their ideological trenches and not willing to entertain the prospect of compromise.
edit on 6-10-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Great post, Slayer69...S&F

On the thought that the communist element is "shreading the constitution" in their efforts, I would just make this note.

Forget the communists, the constitution has already been shreaded by our own government. These "protestors" are not what we need to concern ourselves with.

It is the admisistration both former and current that simply ignores the constitution to advance it's own agenda. It is the lazy inept congress that ignores the executive branch as it flaunts it's disdane for our foundation document. It is the citizens who aren't even aware anything is wrong, as they immerse themselves in unending entertainment obsession.

In the final analysis:

The constitution has been canceled for lack of interest.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

You are right about that.
From my German point of view the destinction between a "Democracy" (as rule of the majority) and a "Republic" (as rule of the Government according to constitutional law) is not so weighty, because our country is much smaller, so our Republics democratic electoral process is more direct anyways.
The destinction is nonetheless important of course and I wasnt suggesting to replace your Republic by Democracy.

Im not sure the OWS rotesters are demanding Democracy to replace your Republic either.
I whish I could talk to them myself ... so much contradictory information and accusations on this forums

edit on 6-10-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

First they ignore you,
then they laugh at you,
then they fight you,
then you win.
Gandhi

It'll happen just wait.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Headband7

Thanks, I too have been quoting this, but stopped.

This quote SERIOUSLY BEGS THE QUESTION...

WHAT do you win?

edit on 6-10-2011 by odd1out because: clarity

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I don't know how many people are where I am at with all this which is basically..."completely OVER IT ALL"!!!

I'm done, I wan't nothing to do with no nation. I wan't nothing to do with anything anyone values. I want to keep to myself and my own world and enjoy my family. Live a simple modest life focused on loving and learning.

I'm so FED up with the processes that have been around, that are currently around and that are sure to come around.
I am tired of looking around the corner for the next power hungry fat cat looking for a way to steal my modest life away and force taxes and all kinds of measures on my life simply to fast-track his ass to the top.

I'm tired of the "battle", I'm tired of the constant "fight" for freedom its an ongoing struggle in which in the end you spend most of your time surviving than actually living...

I'm tired of arguing and repeating myself I’m tired of hearing others do the same...the world is a super dysfunctional household and we all but children of this household trying to survive the madness and head for calmer waters...

Honestly I think in hindsight after we have destroyed our ability to live on this earth comfortably with nature. We will see how society…was a bad idea.

My dream is to live out the rest of my life loving my friends and family and focusing on my personal passions. A life completely removed from time sinks such as politics.

I don’t want to participate in your “worlds”,” governments”, and “societies” anymore, I just want to be left alone to focus on mine.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
I don’t want to participate in your “worlds”,” governments”, and “societies” anymore, I just want to be left alone to focus on mine.

I understand. You can make a difference by just dropping out. It's a good thing to leave it all behind.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

I too understand...

....Tune in

....Turn on

...Drop out

It is all a matter of your own state of mind.

edit on 6-10-2011 by romanmel because: typo

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Well Mike, I am going to do some reading about Rome today.

I still forward the idea that these diagnoses are based on looser diagnostic techniques, coupled with strong suggestibility by the MSM, and by MASS MARKETING the IDEA that there is a PILL FOR EVERYTHING which sends ME RUNNING to the "DOCTOR" at slightest sign of discomfort, or un-ease.

If I had the time and the money for a documentary, I could PROVE to YOU and the rest of this country, that I could VERY EASILY go around doctor to doctor to doctor and end up with a wide range of diagnoses psychiatric in nature and stack up the prescriptions for anti-anxiety, anti-depression, stimulants for my short attention span, a Psychotropic to help me quit smoking, something to help me sleep because I have stressed induced insomnia, and on and on and on....ad infinitum!

My personal belief also includes the idea that the long tern use of PSYCHOTROPIC DRUGS leads to side effects PERMANENT in NATURE and I have witnessed this myself in people, and the effects are very consistent.

So your theory about our future holds water with me, I just DO NOT agree that the problem is REAL! If anything your comparison with Rome and lead poisoning makes what I believe all the more interesting and sinister. As I said before, this generation is NO different than any other, it is what I said above that makes it appear different...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Equinox99

I've been watching quite a bit of the live stream recently and there are obviously folks down there trying to direct the protest towards the Fed and making a case for Libertarians, folks who were not just going to sit on their keyboard and rip the movement from the sidelines, but who got down there and provided some much needed direction. I hear some are taking a bus from NYC to Washington to join the Occupy the Fed demos.

Libertarians and elements of the left have much in common, its just some are so dug into their ideological trenches and not willing to entertain the prospect of compromise.
edit on 6-10-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

Direction is difinatly needed and if they can maintain very very strong direction they should be ok. The problem with protests is that every Tom, Dick and Harry can show up with ideas that don't pertain to the protesters goals. The Tea Party is an example of odd people infiltrating the party itself creating a shift in the Tea Parties general core belief system and then further exacerbated by the main stream media. However, those who formed the Tea Party and their followers who believed in the original premise, are not the same Tea Party that MSM portrays today. The same will happen to the OWS protesters if there isnt a well thought out and strict direction.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Thank you! Like you, I have an once of skepticism about the OWS demonstrations as others do. Lets hope the people in NYC and elsewhere practice a little patience, and re-evaluate their approach? Because if they are seeking what I think they are? It will be far worse than what we have now. As always, keep up the good work!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

The country i pledged alliegiance too all those years in school day after doay doesn't exist anymore. That country died the day the bankers took over and the corporate fatcats fed like gluttons on the blood of americans. I have no need to go burning my flags, i never bought any to begin with because all U.S.A. flags are made in Taiwan.

Go ahead the next time you go to a wal-mart or major grocery chain and pick up the products you buy and see where theyre made. Bet you my house and car that 95% of the products and goods you buy will say one of the follwing "Made in China, Made in Taiwan, Made in Vietnam. Even tires from Goodyear/Firestone/Bridgestone etc. are all being made in foreign countries.

You can't pick up a baseball cap or a baseball glove or even a damned baseball that says "Made in the U.S.A." anymore, they too all say "Made in China or Made in Taiwan". You have to commit to an easter egg hunt to actually find so much as one item made in the U.S.A. today, hell even most of our cars are imported from overseas now. It won't take more than a few years and then all white collar and blue collar jobs will be overseas. We even have foreigners employed by the Department of Defense and other branches of the government. Yeah, corporate america owns more than the banks do at this point.

"I pledge allegiance to the Logo, of the Corporate States of America, and to the big businesses for which it stands, one company under CEO, indivisible with poverty and injustice for all".

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl12
The same will happen to the OWS protesters if there isnt a well thought out and strict direction.

As I recall, Early American History was a difficult class to pass due to the numerous factions. The current movement seems divided by those who want a fair chance to rule, and those who want a fair chance to share. It's the same old 2 party system. The common ground is "fairness". However, definition of "fairness" differs. This difference could lead to things like OWS. What happens when the snake runs out of tail?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

I'm not in disagreement, when dealing with ADHD, anxiety, stress and some forms of depression. The pharmaceutical industry isn't at absolute fault for that though. The people and parents have to seek out a doctor's prescription and then purchase the drugs at a pharmacy. Sure the industry is being irresponsible, but so are many parents and persons.

I am sure some of these drugs lead to long term or permanent side effects, but so does things like fluoride, mercury, radiation from consumer electronics, pesticides, added hormones, gm crops etc. Many of these other contaminants are completely beyond the control of the person. They didn't ask for them and didn't pay for them.

These are very real problems. The US leads the world in four very real major areas: autism, cancer, schizophrenia, and obesity. All of which will have severe detrimental effects on the future of the nation as they continue to proliferate.

We have to face and deal with this reality or it will deal with us.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well here you go.
Almost word for word what I and many others here have been saying!

The Revolution Against the Federal Reserve Starts Now! Alex calls for occupy of Federal reserve!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I don't know how to answer this post, Slayer. I've already s&f the OP, but that doesn't seem to be enough. This has got to be one of the best OP's ever written on ATS. Don't take this as skepticism, but did you write the OP?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Thanks, Slayer for your post. I too want change, and want this raping of our nation and people to stop. However, I'm aware of the wolf (Communism) in sheep's clothing. The far left radicals behind this movement now, such as Van Jones, are evil to the core. Communism is evil, and the death toll under that form of government is astounding. These young adults and kids are fools if they think that living under such a government will somehow make them better off.

I know what side I'll be on, if the bullets start to fly......

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Going after the FED is right on target. I still can't be sure it's not a managed stunt. I'll know it's not when I see some slimy stuff happening to protesters.
This is about threatening the world's managers. That can get really nasty really quickly.
edit on 6-10-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Well here is a list of places that still manufacture in America. If you have a problem with the big boys, do a little research. Then you can buy something American and start to help change things.

Still Made In America

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Slayer - thanks for another thread that delivers.

I've been called everything from un-American to a paid plant for pointing out that this whole things is a farce. There are real problems in America.

Our culture is crumbling one brick at a time. We espouse tolerance above all else but then become intolerant of any who would oppose the march forward.

• There are something things that should not be tolerated
  • There is such a thing as right and wrong
  • You cannot eliminate Greed or Mean People
  • They cannot elimiate compassion and good will
  • It is on the individual to show compassion - the "People" cannot
  • Greed, Spite, Anger, Compassion, Love, Empathy - These are individual acts/emotions, there cannot be a collective of these things

If you don't know where you're going - I can promise you will not end up where you expected. This "movement" has declared its primary goal as enacting change - but they've yet to define a change to "what" exactly.

If you want to end Greed at the corporate level, you need to end Greed at the personal level. You cannot show greed by perusing the cheapest products and the coolest new gadgets - regardless of where and how they're produced - but then condemn those who produce them for you.

You cannot be against war but then be willing to go to war with your neighbor over every small difference.

You cannot espouse tolerance while demonstrating intolerance.

You cannot ask for love but not show love - especially to the people who've wronged you.

Change starts with the individual, not the collective.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join