It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Irwin - Missing - One Year Later

page: 133
<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'll keep looking. One site indicates it might have been just overzealous citizens trying to help. But even so, the story should have been verified before Tacopina and his team making all the whoop-law up about 'breaking news' and etc.

You would think MSM would even be more careful on the false info they put out there...after all they are responsible for putting out accurate information.. and should have a "professional" standard to uphold.

I think Tacopina is merely trying to show that there are players in this case who would stoop to levels of this kind just for cash...or he could have been misinformed.

Also if you consider what the witness actually did imply.. it certainly makes you wonder if jersey would do something of this nature for a sum of money? She didn't say he did..but she did say..KNOWING him..she could easily imagine him doing it..

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo, here I will have to point the finger at MEDIA. I didnt' even hear about Jahassye until I went to th sleuther thread to read more about Baby Lisa. See what I mean? We can't comment and read and search on stories we don't even know exist ! Same with Tyler Dasher. Because of reading the fb pages on LISA I heard about Tyler. The national news never covered it or at least while I was watching. I keep national news stations on all day , on low volume, so I only really HEAR the breaking news theme and then look to the tv. Penn State was all over the news all week so Tyler got neglected........... Of course Penn State is a big story and it seems to be growing daily in how many dirty old men were complicit in the SILENCE of these boys
But it's because of big stories like that that some of the little missing babies get no mention in news.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by schmae
reply to post by silo13

Silo, here I will have to point the finger at MEDIA. I didnt' even hear about Jahassye until I went to th sleuther thread to read more about Baby Lisa. See what I mean? We can't comment and read and search on stories we don't even know exist ! Same with Tyler Dasher. Because of reading the fb pages on LISA I heard about Tyler. The national news never covered it or at least while I was watching. I keep national news stations on all day , on low volume, so I only really HEAR the breaking news theme and then look to the tv. Penn State was all over the news all week so Tyler got neglected........... Of course Penn State is a big story and it seems to be growing daily in how many dirty old men were complicit in the SILENCE of these boys
But it's because of big stories like that that some of the little missing babies get no mention in news.

I think the pen state scandal really needed to be out there...so parents can be much more aware about what is happening with coaches..and save their children a lot of grief..

Missing children cases are sad, but unless we can actually do something to help them.. it just becomes a blame game.. and who is that actually helping in the end?

Airing the pen state scandal is a step in the right direction..and I'm surprised MSM has put so much attention on a problem that could involve some very high end players involved in pedophilia..

GOOD ON THEM !! for making parents aware of the dangers out there..for making children who are victims of this crime know that it is not their fault..and they can be heard.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by schmae
reply to post by Dav1d

I've been meaning to ask this and wonder are there 2 KCPD's one for MO and one for KS ? Surely so, but just wondered. I mean they are 2 entirely different towns, correct?

Correct -

Kansas City Missouri
Kansas City Kansas

One big city that happens to fall across the state line. They are seperate entities because they fall into seperate states. As far as law enforcement functions go they are also seperate since youhave MO and KS laws.

However, in cities like that mutual aid between agencies is a common occurence. Under Missouri Law, law enforcement from surrounding states are covered if they enter missouri in the performance of their duties / vice versa.

If a Kansas City Kansas officer requested assistance from a Missouri Police officer, that MO officer would be operating under the authority of the kansas officer.

My old city fell within 3 different counties - we essentially had standing mutual aid agreeemnts with all 3 as well as the smaller towns.
edit on 20-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Good to know, TKS! I started to wonder if it were jsut ONE city vs. separate if that would have any bearing on how many resources they might allocate for each state side. But that's a non issue because they are two !

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I would like to add that it would be great if on a daily basis , as part of some news show.. that there would be a special segment on missing children.. just to show people pics of recently missing children..to make the public aware of what they should look for.

The pics on milk cartons awhile back was a great idea.. do they still do that?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thank you that's the one! I thought I could find it in my history but it auto-cleared with my virus cleaner.
Thank you so much for taking the time to add the link! Very kind of you!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I've always thought TV was a wasted media. Think of the many things that COULD be done with it.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

That's rubbish. It's pure luck if any scandal, murder, pop star or whatever gets centre stage in the world's media. Good luck if it helps, bad luck if it's getting in the way.

What part is 'rubbish'?
I said it seems.
It's not hard to come to that conclusion when Lisa is all over the headlines, so was Casey Anthony, so are a handful of other white children - and we hear barely a word about colored babies.

I said it seems so even here on ATS. Lisa thread is well over a hundred pages into the case. The 'other' baby missing? Not even a response.

That's why I said it 'seems'... NOT that it's a fact. Though I believe it is.

But anyway, I don't want to take away from Lisa. My point is, if the media attention is hindering the Lisa case, then all I can do is hope it isn't hindering other missing children cases.

peace

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

Silo, here I will have to point the finger at MEDIA. I didnt' even hear about Jahassye until I went to th sleuther thread to read more about Baby Lisa.

Again, I don't want to detract from the Lisa case. My point was - I posted a thread Police Search for Missing Arizona Girl Jahessye Shockley just a few days after the Lisa thread started. Jahessye thread doesn't even have one response. Just the news article, a picture, and that's that. I wasn't able to continue the thread as I got so caught up in Lisa's disappearance but I'm sorry to say it seems - only seems the other thread, and the other child, got lost somewhere in the shuffle.

Honestly though, anyone would have to admit the Lisa case has received a HUGE amount of publicity. We've even heard about it over here in Europe. Unreal that!

peace

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
What part is 'rubbish'?
I said it seems.
It's not hard to come to that conclusion when Lisa is all over the headlines, so was Casey Anthony, so are a handful of other white children - and we hear barely a word about colored babies.

I said it seems so even here on ATS. Lisa thread is well over a hundred pages into the case. The 'other' baby missing? Not even a response.

But anyway, I don't want to take away from Lisa. My point is, if the media attention is hindering the Lisa case, then all I can do is hope it isn't hindering other missing children cases.

peace

It's rubbish that it "seems" to be a fact, even though it's NOT, but you believe it is.
I think. ??? Crikey!

All I can say is maybe that's how it works where you come from but there are very well known cases in the UK, thankfully rare, where coloured children, youths and adults, have hit the headlines for years and years till whatever the crime is, is solved.

If the US treats it's little kids different because one colour is preferable to another then that's new to me, and not very nice, and till someone can show me statistics, frankly it's unbelievable.

My belief is things hit the headlines when there's a lull in news or someone barges in to front page with their great story. You could call it hit and miss reporting, frontline gossip, maybe even memetics. It's just the way it is.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

It's rubbish that it "seems" to be a fact, even though it's NOT, but you believe it is.
I think. ??? Crikey!

If I 'believed' it I wouldn't have used the word 'seems' thus, but, 'it is' thus.

You say it's 'NOT' - but you've no 'statistics' to sight back up that belief - as you've stated yourself.
I'd think the word 'seem' would be something you'd want to use - considering, again you're choosing to believe something you've got no stats to back up while faulting me for doing the same. Crikey!

Beyond that could 'Lisa's' case be something to fill a 'lul' in the news? I don't think so. It's just so bizarre, so...twisted...and now with names like Tacopina? Let's just say it might have started as a 'lull' piece that quickly turned to a frenzy.

One thing I am afraid of - and I do believe - without a 'seems' to be heard? I do believe at this point the main characters - so to speak - are doing anything and everything to further the 'drama'. I'll not be crass and share the reasons why I believe this is true. It shouldn't be too hard to guess.

peace

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Here is a list of sources for you guys -

Local Media Outlets for Kansas City Metro
Kansas City Star
KCTV 5 - Kansas City News
KMBC News - KCMO
NBC Actions News - KC
Fox 4 News - KC

Law Enforcement Homepage links - Primary Jurisdiction
Kansas City, MO Police - Homepage
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Kansas City Field Office - Homepage
Missouri Department of Public Safety (Highway Patrol)

Law Enforcement Homepage links - 4 counties KC MO falls into
Jackson County MO Sheriff's Office - Homepage
Platte County MO Sheriff's Office - Homepage
Clay County MO Sheriffs Office - Homepage
Cass County Mo Sheriff's Office - Homepage

Kansas Law Enforcement Homepage links
Kansas City, KS Police - Homepage

NGO Websites
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Amber Alert Homepage

Visuals of the area in question - Use scroll bars on photos to see all of the picture
This should help people who are not familiar with the area. You can get an idea of whats around the area / region, proximity to rivers etc.

3600 block of North Lister Avenue Kansas City, MO
** THIS IS JUST THE BLOCK - NOT THE ACTUAL ADDRESS OF THE ERWINS**

**Use Scroll Bar**

North Kansas City MO area

**Use Scroll Bar**

Kansas City MO / KS Region

**Use Scroll Bar**

edit on 20-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

If I 'believed' it I wouldn't have used the word 'seems' thus, but, 'it is' thus.

Hmm... you did say you believed and it seems in the same sentence.

That's how I got confused.
I think we have a language barrier Silage. Let's agree to disagree. This is about Lisa.

edit on 20-11-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
IT IS ABOUT BABY LISA ! I think some days she's almost lost in the shuffly and I'm pretty sure that is by DESIGN of the legal team. A teen comment here, a strange sighting there, a phone call timeline change every 3 days and what were we doing here again?
Given how passionately we all feel about it and how tempers can get really raised through the roof, we can only imagine how magnified that passion is on the inside with the actual particpants, family , LE, etc.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

She is getting lost in the shuffle and personally speaking its by design. As you all have noticed, everyone but the police are going on record with the media complaining about this or that. They make accusations against the police over their techniques, why they did that instead of that knowing full well law enforcement cant respond less they inadvertently reveal bits and pieces of evidence.

The media blitz, again in my opinion, is to lay the groundwork for juror / trial manipulation.

Since its all over the news, people who are potential jurors see and hear whats going on from one side only. It helps create reasonable doubt in any potential juror. It allows for a motion to change venue (move the trial to another county) based on the belief a person could not get a fiar trial since everyone knows about the case.

Its a standard legal pratice by some lawyers whose ethics would raise eyebrows in the court of calligula.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Language barrier? It would 'seem' to be more a problem of reading comprehension and typing. That is unless you meant to mistype my screen name? But no, you wouldn't lower yourself to being so childish - of course not - so it would ‘seem‘ the problem lies elsewhere. Like comprehension.

The word 'seem' can be used when referring to something without fact. Like a belief. Beliefs don't require facts only faith but they 'seem' to be real. You claimed there's no preference to a child’s color when reporting or not reporting they’ve gone missing but admitted to having no statistics to back up your claim. My point was this ‘claim’ of yours would have been better presented as something that ‘seems’ to be so. Seem to, believe it to be, but without statistics or fact - as you admitted you don't have - is a baseless claim - though no less a belief.

Simple mistakes of comprehension that change whole meanings just like we saw this morning in the Lisa case.

The 'teen’ in question SAID:

"I told someone, I was like (expletive), Jersey was the kind of person where you could say here, here’s $300, take care of this baby, and he would have done it," he said. "That’s all I’ve said. I haven’t seen Jersey since weeks before all this happened actually."
source

From there the facts were twisted and misrepresented to claim as fact Jersey had ‘bragged’ about stealing Lisa when it only 'seemed' that's what the teen said. Regardless it caused a nation wide ‘news breaking moment’ that came to nothing but pie-in-the-face of the defense team because he either one he didn’t comprehend her words, or two he intentionally twisted them to create more drama instead of focusing on a missing child.

peace

edit on 20-11-2011 by silo13 because: fix bold

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The media blitz, again in my opinion, is to lay the groundwork for juror / trial manipulation.

When you say 'trial manipulation' - (besides the jury part) are you saying this all can be brought into court just to confuse a jury? Would a judge allow something so obviously misrepresented to be brought before the jury?

Thanks - I know it's an elementary question - but I don't mind asking what I don't know.

peace

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Yea, despite many cries of improper conduct by LE, it seems to me LE has been actually very quiet and much of the hoopla has come from MEDIA spins and now LEGAL team spins. Also the family themselves havent' spoken in ages, so all info comes through the carefully filtered mouthpiece legal team.
Poor baby Lisa ........

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Its a standard legal pratice by some lawyers whose ethics would raise eyebrows in the court of calligula.

And I have wondered why that is allowed to go on. Why are there not stringent rules against defense scumbags tainting the jury pool??

For example, in Casey Anthony's case...I paid NO attention to ANY of the media regarding her case. I was aware the child had vanished. Then I forgot about it. This spring I kept seeing "Anthony jury" , "Anthony defense"...and finally one day I said, "Who in the hell is Casey Anthony, and why do we care about him?" (Yeah, him. because that's how little I knew about it.)

I started watching that trial on the first day -- saw the opening remarks....and I avoided media. I watched it via cctv on CNN. And only once or twice did I tune in to Nancy G (of whom I had never even HEARD before that), and I thought "what a vile loudmouth." And she infuriated me so much with her derogatory remarks, even the "handle" she gave the defendant, I became nauseated. That reaction to her remains my immediate response to this day. Vile, poisonous, immoral beast. Should be shut down, IMO.

And you know, I watched that trial devotedly. I avoided any media POV on it. and at the end, I was convinced that she was innocent, and her father was the culprit. I still believe that.

So, yeah....WHY is the press allowed to "pick sides" like the Inquirer gone mad??
It's jury tainting. It could even be witness tampering! And it's certainly NOT unbiased presentation of facts only. Ugghh.. Makes me sick.

new topics

top topics

<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join