It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Blackout is No More, Wall Street Protest is a Joke: Occupy Wall Street Movement Hoax

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

This is all apart of something called "PseudoPsychological Warfare" whereas you want your target to embed the image of you into their brains and to be the proverbial thorn in their side.

Once one idiot pops off with something stupid the entire movement's positive strides and collectivity is lost. Violent conflict has not been totally outruled but remains on the backburner for now. You just cannot get violent out the gate as that will turn alot of people you need the support of against your cause.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seiva7

Americans aren't necessarily 'passive' because they don't join a pseudoprotest that they don't agree with.
edit on 4-10-2011 by angrysniper because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
So what I have to fly 3000 miles from my hometown just to be apart of the protest? I have school, and bills to pay. I just can't jump on the next flight to New York and start protesting that wouldn't make sense. Unless you are willing to pay my bills, and for my round trip ticket to New York.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper
reply to post by seiva7

Americans aren't necessarily 'passive' because they don't join a pseudoprotest that they don't agree with.
edit on 4-10-2011 by angrysniper because: (no reason given)

that is another point of view.

possible.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
So what I have to fly 3000 miles from my hometown just to be apart of the protest? I have school, and bills to pay. I just can't jump on the next flight to New York and start protesting that wouldn't make sense. Unless you are willing to pay my bills, and for my round trip ticket to New York.

I feel like I've posted this link several times, but there are dozens of events across the country, and internationally as well.

Here:
www.occupytogether.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Go to Occupy Together's website and there will be a full list of participating cities. Search up, "Occupy" and your either home city or near large metro hub city and odds are there'll be one. If not the Occupy site contains info on how to start one.

This is growing.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
the 99%...

i don't think it means, what you think it means

/derp

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by seiva7

I would really like to believe there is a revolution starting in the USA.

but let's face it, nothing is going to happen, people are not participating, Americans are passive.

Occupy Wall Street Movement present itself as 99%.

If it's 99% of New Yorkers, where are they? Soon to join?

I don't believe, news are now reporting this, that is a sign that nothing is going to happen...

again.

Wall Street Protest is a Joke: Occupy Wall Street Movement Hoax

Wait, 2000 people protesting in the city of more than 9 million? If you gather all the anarchists in the New York it would be number much greater than 2000, so where are the “unsatisfied” New Yorkers, Americans?

I think it's time you read your own signature, because there was nothing wise about your post at all.

You say more people need to be protesting for it to be a legitimate movement, but then you turn around and say that only if that happens will you join the movement.

You're either shooting your self in the foot or you're making a very weak attempt to turn people against the movement that may be currently sitting on the fence.

All I can say is that I can only hope that the vocal individuals who are against this movement..... are like you.

edit on 5-10-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by shivafire
reply to post by seiva7

STOP THE HATE

I feel you don't understand the 99%
YOU are the 99%

1% of the population holds 40% of the worlds wealth

the remaining 99% are US!

The only reason why 1% of the population holds 40% of the world's wealth is because they were WISE with their money...while the other 99% were FOOLISH with theirs. I know people that make a couple hundred THOUSAND a year....and are so far in debt....their grandkids won't be able to pay it off. Now, does that sound INTELLIGENT. And people BLAME the 1% cuz THEY KNEW HOW TO PLAY THE SYSTEM???

Have any of you heard of INVESTING your money? Probably not...because you BURY YOUR SEED, in the bank....and the 'elite' offered you a SERVICE that YOU AGREED TO! NO ONE put a gun to your head and said: "Borrow"! I mean, didn't you READ THE CONTRACT???? So, who's to blame? Them or YOU? You AGREED to their TERMS AND CONDITIONS...just like you agree to ATS's.

I'm SURE....the owners of ATS are making their DIVIDENDS....because they saw a good thing....and rode that wave...all the way to the bank! They didn't FOOLISHLY throw their money away. They took their money, and let their money...with their vision....and MADE THINGS HAPPEN! Do you hate their success, also?

Also, if you want to 'blame the banks'....for receiving a 'bail out'/rescue package.....WHO GAVE THEM THE MONEY? Again, YOU DID!!!! You should have 'occupied the banks' THEN......NOT NOW!

Sorry to say.....people are getting what they deserve...for agreeing to things, they were to LAZY to research! Next time, maybe you'll actually READ the contracts you sign!

Oh, and you should also blame your FELLOW citizens...that have defaulted on their loans! There's ENOUGH blame to go around....so....EVERYONE should partake in it. Excluding those that were WISE enough to smell the B.S. and actually did something about it...by removing themselves from the system!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
yeah well those wall street jokers do not and will never represent me.

Guess that makes you a 1%, right??

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

I thought most of the housing foreclosures were caused by job loss.

Hard to pay off when you can't get paid in the first place.

Hard to save when you can't get paid enough to begin with.

edit on Oct-05-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
This!
This is what the ”99%” is.
This is what the Occupy movement is about.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Shame on those who would attack those who feel that they have no other way out. Those that are in debt due to no fault of their own!

WE ARE ALL THE 99%!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

They took the loans out, didn't they? That would make it their responsibility to pay. Should've thought of that before you bought into the idea that college is the source of wisdom and knowledge.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

They thought that their job was stable hence why they accepted the debt, thinking that their job would be sufficient enough to finance not only their lifestyle but be able to pay off the loans they got. This is the plight of the 99%. They no longer have a job, or even the prospect is landing some run down job for little pay and no advancement just because it's the only one they could get and the only reason why they lost it is due to some douchewad at some company thought it'd be more profitable to send their job to India or China. Now if they would've known that this crud would've happened then they would've never went to college and gotten a 9-5 retail gig for crap pay and no insurance coverage.

Stop blaming the 99% because you are apart of the 99%!
edit on 5-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seiva7

99% are slaves to the system. Most cant afford to have days off to protest. People have to work and pay bills with the lousy incomes they get from their 12 hours a day jobs.

And they know the news isn't covering shiot coz it's owned by the 1%.

They're slaves to the system. I'm a slave to the system too...

We have a Brisbane Occupy that is already divided into two camps. One is protesting on Saturday the 15th at 10am. The other is protesting on Sunday the 16th at 3pm.
But it's not meant to be a protest. It's meant to be an OCCUPY!!
And i want to go real bad. BUT, I have to check my roster as i'm a 24/7shift worker 9 times a fortnight and I have bills to pay...
edit on 5-10-2011 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

A clearcut majority of the people protesting either can't find work or have just plainly and simply gave up trying.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by shivafire
reply to post by seiva7

It's because they are asleep with

*Monday night football
*Dancing with the stars
*American Idol
*All of the MSM garbage that makes people feel informed
*the list goes on, and on, and on....

Do you like the current situation?

I think you answered your own question...
"where are the rest of the 99%?"
apparently sitting in front of your computer HOPING things will get better

Find and occupy event in your town and attend!
If there isn't one
START ONE

BE A PART OF THE SOLUTION!

I am SO tired of hearing this.

This high horsey-ness.

I love me some football..so what?

If you get to the point in this type of work where you are calling people sheep or telling them that you're more awake than them...well then something went wrong along the way.

I'm sorry i just CANNOT stand this attitude. So many have it and it makes me sick.

Just had to point out this obvious example of that which makes me sick.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I must enquire. Have you been there and talked with these people? ?Or is this merely an observation from behind a computer screen?

Because i'm sitting behind a computer screen half way around the world. But from what i've seen of the footage on my screen it's even people with jobs, such as armed forces guys and people who are clear minded individuals who see beyond the propaganda and want a real change. So what if they are unemployed, and have given up. Some days i think why bother with this nonsense of a job too. To me also it seems like a hopeless system. How did it get this way? 1% of the population own 40% of the wealth. Billions living on less than $2 a day. How to survive less alone Thrive and prosper?

Watch as your supposed Representatives give themselves massive payrises and CEOs do the same all the while sleeping with the corporates and losing taxpayers their money.
edit on 5-10-2011 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

I hung out an Occupied Zucotti Park, NYC last Friday for about 4 hours and this statement is based upon conversations with a few dozen people. The sentiment is unanimous. I will also go hang out down and Occupy Jersey City for a few hours sometime this weekend and will go back to Zucotti!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join