It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Blackout is No More, Wall Street Protest is a Joke: Occupy Wall Street Movement Hoax

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Demonic mob is what Ann Coulter called them.

That's what that man calls everybody who doesn't buy into his hateful books.

Here're some more gems from him:

"There is a growing body of evidence that radiation in excess of what the government says are the minimum amounts we should be exposed to are actually good for you and reduce cases of cancer."

"We just want Jews to be perfected, as they say."

"If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president."

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I can't wait.

Let's see what the protest in Canada will be about:

It’s partly an anti-business protest, though the chief spokesperson is a college business student.

Un huh.

As one Occupy Toronto supporter put it in an email, the Canadian government is in debt, bankers have been allowed to run amok, and the average Canadian is paying the price.

Um...

So in Canada, we will have an anti-business demonstration led by business students, all to protest a government that is running up a debt trying to maintain all of our 'safety nets' during a reccession, all topped off by attacking the very same banking industry that sheltered us from the bulk of the reccession....breath...

Genius!

edit on 4-10-2011 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2011 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
If you oppose the protests, does that mean that you support the Federal Reserve and banks printing money out of thin air while the rich get richer and the poor get poorer? Do you support politicians being bought out and influenced by Wall Street? I sure as hell don't, neither do the protesters. This is no "joke".
edit on 4-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

I support the people but it is sad to see this protest being used by some interest groups.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by seiva7

Originally posted by Resonant

Originally posted by orbitbaby
I don't think that's what they mean by 99%.
1% of the population has stolen all the wealth
which leaves the other 99% totally screwed.

yes, I understand that.

where is the rest of the 99%?

A movement is not instantaneous. It is not the simple act of turning on a light switch. Movements are acts of momentum, the same ways ripples turn into waves.
edit on 10/4/11 by Resonant because: (no reason given)

momentum is the key and this protests are gaining momentum too slow.

That's why there are literally multiple Occupy events happening in every state, not to mention in dozens of country worldwide. What sort of credibility or expertise do you have when you say that these "protests are gaining momentum too slow"?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So it begins on October 15.

Occupy London

I am seriously considering participating in this event. If I do I am going to get some excellent video footage, maybe get some interviews from those involved. I ask myself, ?What would H.Thompson do.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
So it begins on October 15.

Occupy London
?What would H.Thompson do.

If you mean Hunter S. Thompson, a bag of heroine, some '___' and a carton of Camel non-filters, then write a best selling book about it.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Resonant

it is my opinion, if you will allow me to express it...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

So you're just throwing s--t against the wall to see what sticks?

Typical of ATS these days....

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
If you oppose the protests, does that mean that you support the Federal Reserve and banks printing money out of thin air while the rich get richer and the poor get poorer? Do you support politicians being bought out and influenced by Wall Street? I sure as hell don't, neither do the protesters. This is no "joke".
edit on 4-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

I agree, but is that what it's about? Personally I wish they would make it more clear what they are protesting. If I'm going to take part in this, I don't want to be there to support a society that doesn't want to work for a living etc. I'm just not sure if this protest is looking for free hand-outs or what. I think so far this is the main issue with this protest. A lot of people are just confused as to what they are trying to actually achieve because different things have been said about it. If the message was sent a little clearer, perhaps the turnout would be staggering.

I would be there in a heartbeat if it was against the Federal Reserve, and a movement to End the Fed.

edit on 4-10-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

So in Canada, we will have an anti-business demonstration led by business students, all to protest a government that is running up a debt trying to maintain all of our 'safety nets' during a reccession, all topped off by attacking the very same banking industry that sheltered us from the bulk of the reccession....breath...

'safety nets'? Please explain.

Banking system that sheltered us? Please explain?

Safety nets- Paying Billions (if not Trillions) to keep the current banking system going.

Banking system that sheltered us:- Well, it didn't or in fact hasn't in the U.K.

I would have preferred to lose all my savings than to have to pay for this absolute mess for the rest of my Life, My Children's life, damn it could well be my Grandchildrens lives.

You are of course entitled to your opinion. But personally I can't wait for October 15th.

It's time to stand up and be counted. Peace.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

So you're just throwing s--t against the wall to see what sticks?

Typical of ATS these days....

no point in being rude.

all I am saying is that this protest are now hot air balloon.

at first nobody reported about it and now they are trying to blow it out of proportions.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If I'm going to London for this I'd better start making plans to be there for the long haul, and set up a blog page to keep updates and such like.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Tindalos2013 because: edit

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

at first nobody reported about it and now they are trying to blow it out of proportions.

...and now you're doing your best to help discredit it. you serve your masters well.

What you see as rude, i see as a much-needed harsh reality check. Satan/God/Buddah knows the right wing is in dire need of a harsh reality check...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

edit on 4-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
These OWS threads have been getting a little crazy as of late. Cant people EVER agree to disagree?? No need to call names, insult the intelligence of, or downplay one another. OP is saying that he thinks OWS is over rated (my bad OP for misunderstanding you earlier BTW), others believe it is a movement that is under rated. I personally believe that it is too early to be biting each others heads off over. Smile guys

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seiva7

The numbers continue to grow and will grow. The 99% are limited by limited finances.

25 cities online now, 20 more by the middle of the month and by the end of the month an expected 160 cities to be online tells me there is no hoax and is only expanding. This is just the beginning.

Either get behind the movement or get out of it's way!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

And it wasn't being reported on previously because "it wasn't happening", right? But now that it "is" happening it's being called a waste of time or a sham. To me, this blatantly looks like the media is trying to discredit the movement in order to quell the masses and push away people from joining. If you believe that what is going on across the country and in New York City is one big hoax, why? Because Fox News or CNN says so? It's not like they have political ties or financial backers with political ties. It's not like they have millions of dollars or cutting edge production technology so that they can show you what they want to show you. "Fair and balanced"? Okay, sure.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I don't believe you fully understand my reply and/or are replying to the wrong comment.

This is no hoax. I am pointing out the very direct and concerted effort among the right wing trolls here on ATS and other sites to move to discredit and demoralize this movement.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

I don't believe you fully understand my reply and/or are replying to the wrong comment.

This is no hoax. I am pointing out the very direct and concerted effort among the right wing trolls here on ATS and other sites to move to discredit and demoralize this movement.

Oh no, I support what you were saying, I suppose I should have said that. My post was directed towards what seiva7 had said, but was in relation to what you had said as well.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I too suspect this is a hoax engineered by the elite. They love it when protesters restrict themselves to carrying signs and walking down the street. Talk solves nothing - only violence works.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join