It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retaliation to occupy wall street being a theater of the absurd.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
We can't even answer questions from the time of the sumerians or egyptians. We don't even know how the pyramids were built, or why they focused on space so much. Why would they worry about the constellations and the zodiac, and the precession of the equinoxes, if they were just farmers? They may have been farmers, but they were much more intelligent than that average person is today. Humans have been getting dumber by the year. We call genius iq of 140.... well back then, it was probably 300. I'm guessing. But I think its an accurate guess because even in this day and age, they still baffle us, which means we're not smart enough to figure them out. If you haven't noticed, just about every scientific discovery, is only a rediscovery of what something the ancients already knew about. They lived in a higher consciousness, they had more of a connections with earth and the universe, a greater understanding, and a greater sense of purpose. In this day and age, we have 5000 religions all contradicting each other and we don't even know which way is up. We are confused, and getting more confused, while destroying the planet along the way, because we don't know how to treat it with respect.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Thanks for proving my point.
HAHA!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The real problem is that peaceful protest accomplishes nothing. Nothing short of revolution is going to change the system. As long as the protests remain peaceful, the elite have nothing to worry about. The national elections are rigged, they control the laws and the global financial system and the western militaries. Why would they care about what you or I have to say? The only way to accomplish real change would be to physically remove them from power and I highly doubt that they would go peacefully.

I patiently await the revolution to begin.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Still think it is a sort of cointelpro gig.
Maybe they are trying to flush out the ones who could be dangerous in a domestic terrorist kind of way. Might just be a social engineering exercise to see how much you will take.

As far as peaceful protest. Once the police and military start getting brutal I suggest you dont flee but go demonic on them...They will flee if enough of you do it. If 100 of you see 10-20 stand up then you will follow and so on.

Example:

Stand up for your fellow American
edit on 4-10-2011 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2011 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

You have the most cogent, articulate magna carta of reasons to stand

up for the average citizen i have seen - and it should be incorporated

somehow in the occupation movement.

I am a near burned out radiology (!) doctor [would never have expected

putting burned out and radiology together in the same sentence, 20 yrs

ago] who is only in my 40's: my wife is working 14 hour days now

in ophthalmology!

We miss our daughter's athletic games at school too much already, and

she is only 10! poor kid many nights is teaching herself homework while

either wife or I are at work, or working at home. Nuts!! No 2 docs

in the top 4% (yup, only top 4, with the rest of the 99%) should work this

insanely; don't think I'm oblivious because of that, I'm in the same boat.

Even so, I constantly think of those less fortunate who have much

much less. The top 1% is the core problem. Don't let them divide the 99%

into factions fighting ourselves - which is EXACTLY what could happen if

open riots occur....someone may be counting on this!

I applaud the working man (and support 3rd world children NGO's financially).

I deplore the capital gains of the top 0.1% disrupting

the GLOBAL economy. It's all a house of cards. ALL the financial folks I know have

hunkered down, many even with bunkers! This must proceed peacefully, Gandhi

style, for the hearts and minds of the 99%. Or else the movement will tragically

devolve into a French Revolution style bloodbath.

I think for the sake of all working men and women, our lot must improve.

I hate being enslaved to our mortgage and bills. This whole thing is nuts,

and alien to the world my father and mother raised me in. Good luck everyone.

Ps- Psst. The 99% have never lost to the top 1% throughout history, barring nuclear war.

edit on 10/4/2011 by drphilxr because: yup

edit on 10/4/2011 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/4/2011 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

Yep....you are absolutely right

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

I think we could have change in this country peacefully if we actually had two political parties besides the 'watered down' party and the 'crazy wanker' party. The problem is voting only works when you have two actual different ideologies that passionately fight for the country using those ideologies. When one ideology is dominating the political environment, then the right to vote is useless and we cannot create change. I just want to see an election where the candidates are actually diametrically opposed on solutions, and not where they agree 95% and then spit on each fighting over agreeing on that remaining 5%.

This country after all was founded on the idea of competitive advocacy and pitting competing views against each other with the spoils going to the winner. It is in our courts, our economics, our sports, but increasingly it is just a farce in politics.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

In the spirit of the OP,effective or not, the people protesting, should be protesting.
We are them. They are we. All of the 98% who make under 500k.
Unless you are a billionaire oil tycoon;STOP voting like one.
Please,for all our sakes.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Can someone please start a thread, stating that "Occupy Puerto Rico" is organizing?
www.facebook.com...

I'm new here, i cannot do it because of the 20 replies

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

What good is protesting going to do anyway. Never solves anything. Want to change things, get out there and make change happen.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devino

Originally posted by Shamatt

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
reply to post by eagleeye2

There is more than enough resources for 7 billion people on this planet. Look around, most of the planet has unused land. This could be used to supply people. Rather than raping the resources, they could be rationalized, and distributed to everyone. We have the resources to do this, if the rich would stop raping them.
What you need to remember is that it is the members of ATS, and everyone arround us who are the rich who are raping this planet. If you live in a house with electricity and clean running water you are richer than 70% of the worlds population. We are the problem. The top 1% certainly could contribute more and take less, and the wealth gap is worse not than ever, I agree. But it is us, the westerners, and to an increasing degree developing countries like China who are raping the planet. We are the rich people. We are to blame.

So you are claiming that having electricity and clean running water is the problem? I think the problem here is clear and it is ignorance. We are only the problem if we continue propagating such ignorance.

The solution is good health and education which is brought to you by electricity and clean running water, amongst other things. I don't believe in denying ignorance nor do I think we should wallow in it. Spend a little time educating yourself before making such foolishly blanket comments.

Mate, you need to do some reading comprehension lessons. I did not say that having watter and electric are the cause of the problem. I said that if you have these things you are richer than most of the world. Read it again, you will see that.

The argument being made was that it is the rich who are causing the problems. I pointed out that it is US on this board who are the rich people, WE are causing the problems. We are the rich who are being blamed. Not just us, but all westerners. Not because we have running watter and electric, but becasue we are greedy. We waste, we throw away, we are part of the disposable culture.

You are dead right about education and health being part of the answer. You are dead right about running water and an electricity supply being part of the solution. But you are wrong to think that I blame those things for the problems being discussed. Please take time to read what is being said, and to understand it, before you start insulting me.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

I Agree. What do you suggest?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Extremely well said!

The current system is old and tired. I wish we could all just admit this and begin something new. I say "we" because it's going to take mainstream America to say enough is enough, collectively.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
ron paul 2012

he's all about everything you said

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortypop

Can someone please start a thread, stating that "Occupy Puerto Rico" is organizing?
www.facebook.com...

I'm new here, i cannot do it because of the 20 replies

No offense intended but Puerto Rico has been offered both the opportunity to become a state AND the opportunity to be sovereign. At every turn they have chosen to keep their current status where they collect benefits upon retirement but don't pay the same taxes as those in the states.
So, if a majority of people there don't like things, they should cut loose of us.
Since they have repeatedly opted not to do so, I think the movement is likely outnumbered there.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Do you guys realize whats going on?

We have all gone from daydreaming about a change in our society to actually talking about it, and how it should work. This is what Occupy Wall Street has done for us. Our nation is gaining traction in a way that we could never imagine.

Peace and Love will have to rule this change, ROCK ON!

No more slavery, We ARE free

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Great thread. Before one can address a problem, one must first identify the problem.

What do we do about it? That's irrelevent until we can agree there is a problem.

Now we can talk about what should be done......

Way to get the cause back on track.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devino

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
reply to post by eagleeye2

There is more than enough resources for 7 billion people on this planet. Look around, most of the planet has unused land. This could be used to supply people. Rather than raping the resources, they could be rationalized, and distributed to everyone. We have the resources to do this, if the rich would stop raping them.
What you need to remember is that it is the members of ATS, and everyone arround us who are the rich who are raping this planet. If you live in a house with electricity and clean running water you are richer than 70% of the worlds population. We are the problem. The top 1% certainly could contribute more and take less, and the wealth gap is worse not than ever, I agree. But it is us, the westerners, and to an increasing degree developing countries like China who are raping the planet. We are the rich people. We are to blame.

So you are claiming that having electricity and clean running water is the problem? I think the problem here is clear and it is ignorance. We are only the problem if we continue propagating such ignorance.

The solution is good health and education which is brought to you by electricity and clean running water, amongst other things. I don't believe in denying ignorance nor do I think we should wallow in it. Spend a little time educating yourself before making such foolishly blanket comments.

Mate, you need to do some reading comprehension lessons. I did not say that having watter and electric are the cause of the problem. I said that if you have these things you are richer than most of the world. Read it again, you will see that.

The argument being made was that it is the rich who are causing the problems. I pointed out that it is US on this board who are the rich people, WE are causing the problems. We are the rich who are being blamed. Not just us, but all westerners. Not because we have running watter and electric, but becasue we are greedy. We waste, we throw away, we are part of the disposable culture.

You are dead right about education and health being part of the answer. You are dead right about running water and an electricity supply being part of the solution. But you are wrong to think that I blame those things for the problems being discussed. Please take time to read what is being said, and to understand it, before you start insulting me.

you are a retard. if you take the average ceo wages and benefits you can pay 100 employees 50k salaries with benefits.... THAT IS ONE CEO and they pale in comparison to the super elite.

We are not the problem the 1% are the problem. They want to destroy us who are the so called rich PLUS they turn the ones who are less fortunate than us against us.

What kind of warped mind are you nurturing there. Some people have too many marbles and even if you take mine yo uwon't get very far but i fyou take down the SUPER elite who DO NOT NEED all the money and land they have you could help those who are in the gutter right now. The problem i have with the super rich is not so much what they have but that they keep taking and they want o form the world as they see fit. like if it is their own personal home or back yard.

it's bs and you are an idiot for saying we are rich. by comparison to others we are but why should we get knocked down lower when the ones who exploit us remain untouchable yet taking them down a few notches would benefit EVERYONE.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Another thing, Occupy Wall Street has been getting slammed for not having a Leader, and being unorganized. But I believe that this movement should not have a Leader, there is no one message that should be channeled through one person, but a message that all of humanity needs to bring forth. To be "organized" means to be under control, We do not need to be under the "control" of any one Ideology or group. This is playing out exactly the way it should be.

Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Anon404

I don't believe the current American political system has the ability to implement any sort of significant change. The two party system is flawed and they use the whole "right", "left" thing to keep the masses divided. With only two parties to choose from, I would hardly call that democracy. Especially when both parties are corrupted to the core. Only a multiparty system stands a chance of pushing past the corruption of the elite.

Big money has bought your politicians and computer programs decide your elections. Everything is predetermined.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join