It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retaliation to occupy wall street being a theater of the absurd.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
We have to grow our own food and make our own electricity. My family is trying to make this happen right in the middle of our neighborhood. We hope to grow all of our food next year with a surplus to give away. There are many ways a person can generate their own electricity around the home. You could charge an electric vehicle with a bike powered, permanent magnet motor for instance. Point being YOU have to take steps. Otherwise you have to work for some douche just to pay some douche. So basically the whole system needs to be rid of douches .

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

The real problem is that peaceful protest accomplishes nothing. Nothing short of revolution is going to change the system. As long as the protests remain peaceful, the elite have nothing to worry about. The national elections are rigged, they control the laws and the global financial system and the western militaries. Why would they care about what you or I have to say? The only way to accomplish real change would be to physically remove them from power and I highly doubt that they would go peacefully.

I patiently await the revolution to begin.

So true. The more the public start getting antsy and violent, the more threat there is to the world powers. Being peaceful's a nice idea, but the point of controllers is that they do not reason. It can only be pacifist if people reason. Together.

It's just gonna take one heck of an effort from us.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Shypeir because: violent not non violent

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I have a feeling that this whole thing will eventually fall flat. Its great that people are making their voices heard ,but at this point it seems like trying to bring down a charging bull elephant with a bb gun.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by eagleeye2

Wasn't end the wars and concentrate on home issues one of the points they made .

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Greetings. First post. Some of you may have seen me on other boards.

Anyway, you make some decent points about the overall issues. The major problem I have with your case is in point #5:

Hedge fund managers at bailed out firms walked away with multimillion dollar bonuses as the firms failed and people were laid off. That's an extreme example. Closer to home,say a local business loses a major account, say $150,000 a year. Let's say now that the top executive makes a proportional amount from that account as the top 1% do in the United States. That's 24%. That's $36,000, just about what a moderate-wage, somewhat skilled worker might make. If you take $150K/$30K you get 4 jobs, give or take overtime. How often, outside of very good employers, do you think the boss takes that cut?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BACONHAWK
We have to grow our own food and make our own electricity. My family is trying to make this happen right in the middle of our neighborhood. We hope to grow all of our food next year with a surplus to give away. There are many ways a person can generate their own electricity around the home. You could charge an electric vehicle with a bike powered, permanent magnet motor for instance. Point being YOU have to take steps. Otherwise you have to work for some douche just to pay some douche. So basically the whole system needs to be rid of douches .

If I send you my email address could you provide me with plans for a bike generator? I have some gears laying about.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
You know I had wee thought whilst driving in my car this morning and realised that the US political system is about 100 years behind the UK.

Roll back 100 years and in the UK you had a two party system : The Tories (right wing) and the Whigs (centre-right), they ruled for centuries with the Whigs becoming the Liberal democrats in 1850. These two parties were dominated by men with money (woman had no vote) who held all the power in the country ie industrialists, landowners, gentry etc. Sound familiar to the current US ? There was no representation for the working man.

Along came Kier Hardie who formed a new political party being the political representatives of trade unions (NB UK trade unions had absolutely no connection with organised crime they were quite literally groups of working men). This new party took 20 years to oust the liberals to become the new (left of centre) second force in UK politics.

It seems to me the US has not had its left of centre, working peoples representation revolution yet. I suspect the paranoid obsession with soviet communism has a lot to do with it.

You need one!!! But oh boy will there be some horrendous language and misdirection flying around forums like this as the REAL people with power get worried not the mythical conspiracy TPTP/NWO. The classic misdirection is immigration followed closely by taxation and welfare scroungers. An old war tactic : divide and conquer so you get those with little money or power to argue amongst themselves whilst those with the money and power get even more.....

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Thank you Shadowfaxx; for a rational post, I agree with you about "that "other page.

To the point, we as a country must dismantle the Military/industrial corporations;SLASH the pentagons / DOD budgets;end the aggressions in afghanistan/Iraq. and become less involved with nation building abroad.
Non-violent mass demonstrations accross this country have begun. we should all take time to join these actions,
for their is strength in numbers!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The OWS protesters just lost a lot of credibility with me. Moveon.org is joining their protest. People are known by the friends they keep. Moveon.org is a leftwing "hit group" specializing in character assassination. If they now support OWS, I have to reevaluate my position towards them.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Anyone have a list of their demands?

I've been looking for one, but I can't find anything creditable.

kthxbai.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by yaluk

it's bs and you are an idiot for saying we are rich. by comparison to others we are but why should we get knocked down lower when the ones who exploit us remain untouchable yet taking them down a few notches would benefit EVERYONE.

There you go.

By comparison to others we are rich.

Exactly. Thank you for agreing with me.

We are the problem. With our greed and our waste. The top 1% is nothing compared to the rest of the world. Thousands of tones of plastic junk shipped from china, made from oil, traveling arround the world in containers to be sold in a dollar shop. Disposable plastic everything from lighters to razers. Too much food. more than we need - what % of the US population is obese? Big petrol guzling cars, airconditioned offices and homes. Electric everything. We are the problem my friend.

Now go away and grow up and learn to argue without insulting people. Learn to discuss diferences without resorting to name calling and childish finger pointing. We could have had this same conversation without the immaturity.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It kills me to read responses to this protests such as "These are just lazy kids who do not know what they are protesting", or people that feel the system is working.

I was laid off due to "economic conditions" (I was an engineer for a fortune 500 company) in 2008 like many people were. What happened? I owed taxes on my unemployment insurance, meanwhile, the irresponsible parties that caused the collapse get bailed out, GE paid NO taxes, and my 20k in unemployment gets stuck footing the tax bill?

Yeah, I know what they are protesting about.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Anyone have a list of their demands?

I've been looking for one, but I can't find anything creditable.

kthxbai.
This seems to be it, OWS Demands

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Very good idea, unfortunately, none of those people are actually protesting those things.. if they were they'd be:

1. Getting jobs
2. Not voting for Obama
3. Quit coveting the possessions of others
4. Quit voting for Teachers Unions and the Department of Education
5. Voting for Ron Paul
6. Quit supporting corporate America (cough cough Apple) and chasing greed...

Oh wait - you can't be against the rich and "inequality" if you're also against "greed"... it's all relative.

edit on 4-10-2011 by gncnew because: Engrish

THat is ignorant......Get a job, many of them do....Many of them didnt vote for obama, coveting the possessions of others?????? What does teachers unions have to do with wallstreet???? A lot of them did vote ron paul...What alternatives do you have from corporate america right now????thats what they are protesting

YOU Sir Are ignorant and the site should deny you
edit on 5-10-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Another proud moment for CNN. Some CNN "journalist" tries to discount the entire movement by showing pictures of the movement's fringe members implying that everyone in it is a weird unemployed hippie who doesn't even understand the reasons for the protest. Gotcha journalism is the new "Hard News" and I'm sure this was followed up by the latest breaking news on Dancing with the Stars.

outfront.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I did and my post was taken by somebody who's willing to live in a bedsit with a wife and two children.

Thats the reality.

He wont join me, what are you doing incidentally?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePumpertang

He wont join me, what are you doing incidentally?

What am I doing? I chose "none of the above". I dropped out of the game. I refuse to play by their rigged rules anymore. There is plenty of "work", you don't need a "job" to support yourself. Find out what people need, whether product or service, and provide it at a reasonable price. I have not had a "job" in 4 years. I don't miss it.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

that post was right on the money no pun intended, the whole system is the problem, so i think you are right

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Well said........ You have broken things down enough even for people that are just idiots!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join