It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man tears his own eyes out during Mass. A sign of possession or just insanity?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
A man is reported to have ripped his own eyes out during a Mass in Italy.

Italian Worshiper Tears Both Eyes Out at Mass

An Italian man tore both of his eyes out in the middle of the priest's homily at a church near Pisa, according to reports.

NBC New York

The man said he heard voices telling him to do it during the mass. They say it would take super-human strength in order to do something like that to yourself. The article does say that Bianchini has had mental problems in the past but, the way this happened inside a Church during Mass, it kinda makes you wonder if some type of evil spirit wasn't involved.

edit on 10/3/11 by FortAnthem because: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a30c1b953df0.gif[/atsimg]

edit on Mon Oct 3 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Odin lives!!!!!!!!

Obviously, he is really Odin, right?

link   
Nuts, posessed both? I mean to rip your own eyes out, the pain alone would be unimaginable.

link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Saw this this morning.

W T H ???

I'm not religious, so I'm voting for insanity. It takes a serious kind to crazy to commit that level of self inflicted bodily harm. Wonder if there are pix..........

The mind boggles.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ouch, that's gonna sting a bit

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Odin lives!!!!!!!!

Obviously, he is really Odin, right?

I'm pretty sure Oden at least kept one of his eyes so I doubt he had anything to do with this.

Although, if some guy comes along shooting lightning out of his hammer, I may have to rethink that assessment...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I've never HEARD of any supposedly-possessed people doing this before, so I'd have to lean to a mental condition, although I do also believe in possession as well.

Egads...

Well, there's also the "other" option...infrasound beamed into his skull by government or other agents of chaos, magnetic fields affecting his judgement. Possible psy-op of some sort as the tech is coming along, but I can't see any purpose for it here and don't know if we're quite that far along yet.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
Although, if some guy comes along shooting lightning out of his hammer, I may have to rethink that assessment...

If that happens, you know us on ATS will be the first to hear about it. Probably just be a mutation from chemtrails though.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Just one more reason for me not to go to church. I'd like to keep my eyeballs right where they are. Last thing I need is to be possesed.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
There was a case of the Navy using some kind of microwave experiment on the Island of Maui back in the 1980's, which resulted in some of the local birds biting their own legs off. It was during the Reagan administration when they were experimenting with SDI, Reagan's "Star Wars Initiative." I'm certain that the birds weren't demon possessed.

It really happened and was in the local news, but I can't find anything on it now.
edit on 3-10-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
humans do the darndest things , id say insanity

and the fellow needs to read up on the lucia tradition and how it goes hand in hand with venus / winter , summer solstice

its not that god grants you sight for tearing your eyes out , its that the sun shines longer...

sheesh

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
PCP

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If they mean with "strenght" the level of pain a man can endure ok, but ripping your eyeballs out does not really require a lot of force is my guess (although not an expert on the subject)

Crazy story and if Church was a video game they would be calling to outlaw it by now

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PraetoriusWell, there's also the "other" option...infrasound beamed into his skull by government or other agents of chaos, magnetic fields affecting his judgement.
You can prevent that by having a secret name for yourself that you call yourself in your head. If the "entity" doesn't use your name for yourself, then it's not inside you.........

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
That is what happens if by chance you come across
any nude pictures of amy winehouse.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Just another example of the extreme DANGERS of religion and its deluded cult victims!!!!!

Nearly every religious person has their OWN interpretation of these silly religions (because they have so many contradictions and are so asinine in the first place) and each thinks that THEY have the true interpretations of this MADNESS.

There is NO TELLING what these DELUDED cult victims may think up or act out on. These extreme delusions plus hearing 'voices' makes them extremely DANGEROUS individuals.

Its a GOOD thing that this religious nut-case did it to himself and not his family or anyone else in society around him.

Religious delusions and voices = DANGEROUS PEOPLE!!!!!

Religion is a CANCER to this planet!!!!
edit on 3-10-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Why rule out that it was a sign from God, and not from some evil demon or psychological disorder? The God of the Bible is always asking people to do odd things (or at least not stopping them from doing odd things). Sounds like something he'd be involved in.

edit on 3-10-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If he is hearing voices, then it is probably schizophrania.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I would have thought youd pass out from the pain prior to ripping the eyeballs off.
I read it on my local news, amazing is not the word...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Correction, psycopathic individuals who use religion as a crutch are a cancer to this planet. Religious texts didn't tell this man to rip his eyes out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join