It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obamas 3 years of Classwarfare has Paid Off

page: 6
34
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by mastahunta
 





of the capital driven economic system here. Can't you accept that some business practices are beyond the


So, that is some kind of reason to attack all corporations and businesses as evil? This is the common attack on Capitalism typical of marxist communists. It is their MO. That is not to say that corporations which abuse power should not be held accountable. I am glad Enron was held accountable for their criminal behavior, but it's not a reason to abandon Capitalism.


You are the one talking about abandoning capitalism corky.

I am saying, companies that intentionally destroy America and its economy should be closed down,
maybe 1% of business's if that.

What is wrong with you?




posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

The difference here is, the Tea Partiers are genuinely interested in smaller govt, less spending, less taxes, and basically getting govt out of our faces, in reclaiming our liberties, while the protesters at Wall Street seem entirely focused on finance and corporations(read Capitalism) and so many have expressed collectivist views, here and on the street, and parrot the demands of the Democrat Party. There is a difference.


The Tea Party is not, clearly, or you guys would be championing the clean up of corrosive
forces in business, the guys who fund ALL political contests and subsequent policy.

How can you reduce the size of government, when you back the forces that wield government
as a tool?

We are interested in less institutional corruption in government and in the private sector, you guys
let the bad guys walk in the back door.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta
 




Again, it's not gonna get less class warfarey if people keep calling angry tax payers communists.


Those who wish to take from others usually don't pay much in the way of taxes and have a lot of time on their hands.
I'm not calling those who want what others have "communists" maybe I should have called them "soft socialists" instead of socialists.
While I hear the wealth-envy Americans demonize America and it's freedoms, I still wouldn't call them communists. Wannabe communists maybe


Bankers and cooperation's aren't the only evil greedy crooks, I'd say Big Unions play a more powerful role than many realize. Not to mention they enjoy chaos just as much as the little people who rant and rave while calling for the division of Americans against Americans.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I don't buy the OP's logic. Sorry, to base an entire argument on the fact that the OP thinks he is smarter than the president, and that somehow the president wasn't talking about percentage of income is dishonest.

Pretty much common sense the president is pushing for the rich to pay the same percentage of their income to taxes.

I don't support Obama, but it certainly isn't Obama pushing class warfare. I am quite certain the people with all the money spending it on lobbyists to create laws that further their warfare on the middle class would be a good place to start.

I do not think Obama came up with Compound interest, or variable interest mortgages, or public sector bailouts of private sector businesses, or federal reserve notes, or inflation, or hedge funds, or derivatives markets, or trade wars. I am even more sure that Obama is not communist. Its like the Op thinks we are supposed to have all these people with no homes, or income, just so a rich guy can take advantage of all the laws they paid for.

Pretty easy to make money if you write laws enabling you to make more money.

I actually agree with CBS's take on it "this is not class warfare, its math"


Trying to actually look for something the government has done to make it more difficult for rich people to make more money, having some trouble finding anything. I guess the only way to prove that is to twist the president's words around.

But on the subject of class warfare on the middle class from the rich, holy crap, you don't even have to use a search engine, just turn on the news.

7.9 people lost their jobs and 1.2 million households lost in 2008 alone. Yet the top 20% of income earners increased their net worth during that time.

Hmm, I think the Op is upset that the working class might not actually let it continue to happen.




edit on 3-10-2011 by no time because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by mastahunta
 




Those who wish to take from others usually don't pay much in the way of taxes and have a lot of time on their hands.




YOU
"Don't engage in class warfare!"

THEN

"Don't engage in class warfare... Let me do it for you!!!"




I guess you need to make six figures to have a valid opinion huh?





I'm not calling those who want what others have "communists" maybe I should have called them "soft socialists" instead of socialists.
While I hear the wealth-envy Americans demonize America and it's freedoms, I still wouldn't call them communists. Wannabe communists maybe
It is not about wealth envy,
it is about being anti corruption.



Bankers and cooperation's aren't the only evil greedy crooks, I'd say Big Unions play a more powerful role than many realize. Not to mention they enjoy chaos just as much as the little people who rant and rave while calling for the division of Americans against Americans.


Sure, unions should be discussed too...

I am not going to defend an institution blindly, see how that works.

That first sentence says a lot!

Corruption can not be examined because the poor people are dangerous!

Nice Strawmen



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Sorry OP, I will not defend the oppressors of humanity.
Your ideas are so convoluted, you can't tell up from down.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Makes me wonder how the Op gets stars. I kind of think the people who give him stars can't even understand what he wrote

I don't get why anyone is supporting this form of government where a corporation has the authority to buy laws.

This is how humanity goes backward, not forward. Freedom is one thing, freedom with a fiat currency does not exist. Give me sound money, fair trade laws, and De-regulated market and there wouldn't be a problem anyway. This argument wouldn't exist. There would be no insurance to buy for anything because people would have savings.

So to sum it up Neo supports that

Working class citizens should have no buying power, no savings, and no means to help their offspring have a better life because someone decided that rich people would do great things with that savings. When in truth the rich: have buying power, immense savings, and take care of their future generations to the point that the money does everything, the offspring just sit on their rump.

So yeah, its a scam, and it wasn't started by Obama, and it is NOT the AMERICAN way. If you are against our current convoluted pyramid scheme casino of an economy this does not make you ANTI AMERICAN.

EDIT:

Corporations are the elite's way around the 5th amendment of the U.S. Constitution. the government cannot take away our life, liberty, or property except for that which the law provides. Whereas, these large corporations make money from doing the same?







edit on 3-10-2011 by no time because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
While we're on the topic of loopholes....

How many of you have a mortgage? That mortgage interest deduction is a loophole

How many of you claim job related deductions? Tools, uniforms, mileage, etc? All of them are loopholes

How about childcare expenses? That's a loophole....

Just sayin...

edit on 3-10-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas
 


Yeah but you have to find $14,000 worth of these "loophole" items for it even to be worth going through the trouble of doing it. These are not loopholes, these are NEEDS, that shouldn't be taxed.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by mastahunta
 





of the capital driven economic system here. Can't you accept that some business practices are beyond the


So, that is some kind of reason to attack all corporations and businesses as evil? This is the common attack on Capitalism typical of marxist communists. It is their MO. That is not to say that corporations which abuse power should not be held accountable. I am glad Enron was held accountable for their criminal behavior, but it's not a reason to abandon Capitalism.


You are the one talking about abandoning capitalism corky.

I am saying, companies that intentionally destroy America and its economy should be closed down,
maybe 1% of business's if that.

What is wrong with you?



You mean like JP Morgan and GSachs I guess. I never supported the bailouts, just to be sure. But we have to be very careful when we are dealing with corporate business. People cant just go demanding Wall Street collapse willy nilly. Because of the Soros connections in this protest is one reason why I don't support it. I believe many people have good intentions though.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by no time
Makes me wonder how the Op gets stars. I kind of think the people who give him stars can't even understand what he wrote

I don't get why anyone is supporting this form of government where a corporation has the authority to buy laws.

This is how humanity goes backward, not forward. Freedom is one thing, freedom with a fiat currency does not exist. Give me sound money, fair trade laws, and De-regulated market and there wouldn't be a problem anyway. This argument wouldn't exist. There would be no insurance to buy for anything because people would have savings.

So to sum it up Neo supports that

Working class citizens should have no buying power, no savings, and no means to help their offspring have a better life because someone decided that rich people would do great things with that savings. When in truth the rich: have buying power, immense savings, and take care of their future generations to the point that the money does everything, the offspring just sit on their rump.

So yeah, its a scam, and it wasn't started by Obama, and it is NOT the AMERICAN way. If you are against our current convoluted pyramid scheme casino of an economy this does not make you ANTI AMERICAN.

EDIT:

Corporations are the elite's way around the 5th amendment of the U.S. Constitution. the government cannot take away our life, liberty, or property except for that which the law provides. Whereas, these large corporations make money from doing the same?









edit on 3-10-2011 by no time because: (no reason given)


You mean you can't understand why so many Americans support our Republic and Constitution don't you? I don't think anybody here really supports buying laws at the expense of liberty.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
While we're on the topic of loopholes....

How many of you have a mortgage? That mortgage interest deduction is a loophole

How many of you claim job related deductions? Tools, uniforms, mileage, etc? All of them are loopholes

How about childcare expenses? That's a loophole....

Just sayin...

edit on 3-10-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)


Yup

And Rescinding an insurance contract on a person who has just contracted cancer is also
a loophole. Charging 38% compounded interest when a company feels like it is also
engineered via a loophole...

Maybe, we can examine things based on their merits, instead of the all or nothing
approach the anti logic gang of ATS enjoys.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta
 





Sure, unions should be discussed too... I am not going to defend an institution blindly, see how that works. That first sentence says a lot! Corruption can not be examined because the poor people are dangerous! Nice Strawmen


I read a few times already on your posts in this thread and a thread you created that mentioned bankers and cooperation's but not unions so I'm glad you acknowledge they should be discussed too.
I already said I wasn't an advocate of corruption but approaching with a mob rule tantrum will not help the situation at all.

The poor aren't dangerous, it's the greedy evil thieves who prefer the government to own them. Those who whine about how lifes not fair and those who (for now) are throwing the spoiled temper tantrums while demonizing Americans who aren't falling in-line with them.
This country is not about "spreading the wealth" by force. We are very generous people already.

The dangerous people are the one's eroding the Constitution and who are able to support themselves but chose to take from others instead.
The dangerous people come all shapes, sizes and incomes.

I do not think "poor equals dangerous"!
I do however feel entitlement equals dangerous"! and lazy equals dangerous! And hating on Capitalism equals dangerous!



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 


Ever notice that it's only "class warfare" when the talk is about making the rich pay taxes?

It's never "class warfare" when those same people are demanding that schools and shelters be shut down, transit services cut, increasing sales taxes, or eminent domain being used against lower-end neighborhoods.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by mastahunta
 





of the capital driven economic system here. Can't you accept that some business practices are beyond the


So, that is some kind of reason to attack all corporations and businesses as evil? This is the common attack on Capitalism typical of marxist communists. It is their MO. That is not to say that corporations which abuse power should not be held accountable. I am glad Enron was held accountable for their criminal behavior, but it's not a reason to abandon Capitalism.


You are the one talking about abandoning capitalism corky.

I am saying, companies that intentionally destroy America and its economy should be closed down,
maybe 1% of business's if that.

What is wrong with you?



You mean like JP Morgan and GSachs I guess. I never supported the bailouts, just to be sure. But we have to be very careful when we are dealing with corporate business. People cant just go demanding Wall Street collapse willy nilly. Because of the Soros connections in this protest is one reason why I don't support it. I believe many people have good intentions though.


It's not going to collapse, we buy things everyday don't we? I love my, phone, my computer, my car
and everything I own which I did not create. The market is here, the supply will be met as it always has been.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by no time
 



reply to post by mishigas
Yeah but you have to find $14,000 worth of these "loophole" items for it even to be worth going through the trouble of doing it. These are not loopholes, these are NEEDS, that shouldn't be taxed.


Of course. How silly of me to think that the rules should apply to all men equally.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus


I really tire of people who are pro socialist say that anti socialist just dont know what socialism is and that's why they oppose it. Lol so silly.
Obama and his class warfare tactics have nothing to do with my bankbook other than he's stealing from it via govt payoffs to his Union friends and supporters.
edit on 3-10-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)


First of all, you have no idea what I'm in favor of, I am just tired of reading the same rhetoric over and over again from a bunch of people who appear to either be grossly undereducated or utterly clueless as to what a socialist is.

You falsely label Obama, the waterboy for the banking industry, a socialist, yet you want to side with the people that he caters to hand over foot.

You should be embarrassed. You sound like Rush Limbaugh is your teacher.


edit on 3-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
Sorry OP, I will not defend the oppressors of humanity.
Your ideas are so convoluted, you can't tell up from down.


if the banks are going to have folks shill for them on ATS, at least get people that can communicate in a coherent manner.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
You should be embarrassed. You sound like Rush Limbaugh is your teacher.


No, more like Rush Limbaugh and Horus are paid by the same interests to spout nonsense to the clueless. OP too. The proof is out there.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta
 



Yup

And Rescinding an insurance contract on a person who has just contracted cancer is also
a loophole.


No, that isn't. That is immoral and illegal. It is not written into law.


Charging 38% compounded interest when a company feels like it is also
engineered via a loophole...


No argument here. But if it is legal then it should be changed. The amount and method of calculating and paying mortgage interest is a sin. There is no justification for it, yet I have never seen an organized protest against it.


Maybe, we can examine things based on their merits, instead of the all or nothing
approach the anti logic gang of ATS enjoys.


Agreed. But good luck with that one.




top topics



 
34
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join