It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obamas 3 years of Classwarfare has Paid Off

page: 10
34
<< 7  8  9   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
For all of you liberals out there, here's some food for thought and a homework assignment. Every nation that allows it's liberals to control the country for any length of time, and adopts their policies the economy eventually collapses. Recent example is Greece. The more liberal policies or leftist if you prefer, the greater the risk of the country falling. Do your research and you will find I am right. Liberal policies do nothing more than create class warfare. Always has, always will. If you keep people pitted against each other you can accomplish a lot without them realizing what you are doing. Hidden agendas become law!
Right like China. Or like Rome who where a republic. Stop being such a partisan tool




posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Right and the republicans are saints and have no wrong doing in anything. Because mean old socialist Obama is the enemy and the bad guy of this movie. Both parties are owned by the rich get over it. Stop trying to pin the blame on one party.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dron020
 


Actually, Julius Ceaser was a liberal. He brought a lot of socialist ideas into the empire, and people like FDR operated in much the same manner as he did. Research your history before replying.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by dron020
 


Actually, Julius Ceaser was a liberal. He brought a lot of socialist ideas into the empire, and people like FDR operated in much the same manner as he did. Research your history before replying.
THere was no concept of liberalism nor socialism back then.Rome was a corrupt empire it was meant to fall. Ideologies change with time and no ideology is perfect. Both Capitalism and socialism are scams in my opinion. One uses the masses for control. The other gives all the power to the few and privileged. We have to develop a new system and stop arguing about the past



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dron020
 


And right you are. Question is, what type of government will work, and last the test of time? As our Constitution started it was intended to protect the people from a tyrannical government, which is what we have now. None of the -ism governments work, so what does that leave us with? Pretty much every man for himself.

I think our Constitution was a good foundation, however I don't think our forefathers anticipated what kind of nation we would become. We have allowed lawyers to "interpret" what they think our founding fathers meant instead of taking it literally. This is the problem, and ultimately will be our downfall.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
For all of you liberals out there, here's some food for thought and a homework assignment. Every nation that allows it's liberals to control the country for any length of time, and adopts their policies the economy eventually collapses. Recent example is Greece. The more liberal policies or leftist if you prefer, the greater the risk of the country falling. Do your research and you will find I am right. Liberal policies do nothing more than create class warfare. Always has, always will. If you keep people pitted against each other you can accomplish a lot without them realizing what you are doing. Hidden agendas become law!
1. Lack of evidence to back up your outrageous claims.
2. As for Class Warfare: The praise of the Rich over the "parasitic" and "lazy" poor, for one, and the proposal of removing programs said people depend on, is also class warfare, and far, far more worse than making people with more money pay more money out of their pockets. Come to think of it, what Obama is saying really doesn't like Class Warfare in comparison to the things the Right have been saying.

This thread (at least the accusation of "class warfare"by the OP) really seems like nothing more than projection.
edit on 4-10-2011 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I find this absolutely absurd. When will you understand?(pick a side Republican or Democrat) it DOESN'T MATTER!!

Divide and conquer!

Don’t you see that when you sit here and someone blames BUSH and then another blames OBAMA you are doing exactly what is expected for you narrow minded people to do!

Look at the big picture.

The Right slaps with one hand while the Left tells you it feels good. The Left tells you to look over there while the Right robs you blind!
Keep blaming either party while the true agenda rolls on!

WAKE UP!!!

It does not matter who started the mess nor does it matter who perpetuates it! Don’t you see this?

edit on 4-10-2011 by abeverage because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
For all of you liberals out there, here's some food for thought and a homework assignment. Every nation that allows it's liberals to control the country for any length of time, and adopts their policies the economy eventually collapses. Recent example is Greece. The more liberal policies or leftist if you prefer, the greater the risk of the country falling. Do your research and you will find I am right. Liberal policies do nothing more than create class warfare. Always has, always will. If you keep people pitted against each other you can accomplish a lot without them realizing what you are doing. Hidden agendas become law!


How do you explain the Republican we had in the White House for 8 years?
-Occupation of the Middle East.
-Trillions in debt.
-Recession.
-Tax cuts for the ultra rich.
-9/11
-Patriot Act.
-Assault on Civil Liberties and free speech
-The list goes on.
edit on 4-10-2011 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Great thread!
I have addressed many of the same issues. It’s seems like 90% of the ATS members are all for the Wall Street demonstrations. I think most are too young to see the bigger picture. I see 1 or 2 leaders. The rest are followers going with the flow. It’s nice to see other people giving different opinions on the matter. I’m sure you knew you would be catching some hell! I think the biggest majority demonstrating, are out there because it’s a blast!

Good job!

F&S from me!



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal
 


It doesn't confine itself to a particular party, but more of programs. Any party can institute liberal agendas. History has shown time and again that when you institute these policies you create class warfare and that allows for the demise of the nation that adopts them. Class warfare can be instigated by either party, however, history has shown that a conservative agenda allows for prosperity. In order for a liberal agenda to flourish, a nation must conquer other nations to survive. It must expand it's resources to feed the machine. You can't spend more than you make, and social programs are the never ending monster we feed.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by SeventhSeal
 


It doesn't confine itself to a particular party, but more of programs. Any party can institute liberal agendas. History has shown time and again that when you institute these policies you create class warfare and that allows for the demise of the nation that adopts them. Class warfare can be instigated by either party, however, history has shown that a conservative agenda allows for prosperity. In order for a liberal agenda to flourish, a nation must conquer other nations to survive. It must expand it's resources to feed the machine. You can't spend more than you make, and social programs are the never ending monster we feed.


I don't think the liberal agenda is to conquer other nations to survive. In fact, a true liberal hasn't been in power for quite some time now (since the last few presidents have been pro war). The conservative agenda has shown that its not ok for interracial couples to marry and its not ok for same sex couples to marry. Not sure if that's the right direction this country should be moving into, but to each their own.

As for liberal programs, such as Affirmative Action, they should be eliminated...especially AA (Affirmative Action) since it's a racist system to begin with.

Liberals have it wrong in terms of government dependence, and conservatives have it wrong in terms of civil issues and even the economy at times. However, both Parties are in the same boat for the most part. They have both been purchased by Corporate America and because of that, we now have to take our country back which is what we're trying to do with Wall St. Occupation.

Like I stated before, I believe a flat tax or at least a flatter tax should be installed but who knows how the government would handle it.
edit on 4-10-2011 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal
 


You are correct in that both parties are to blame. They both play to their base when elections come around, but once elections are over they champion the cause of the highest briber...I mean bidder...I mean lobbyist who can further their monetary agenda. They know most people have a short memory. Right after the elections is when they do the most damage. Why? Because in a couple of years you will forget what they did. Once in a while someone will dig deep and remind everyone, but that is not the norm. Take the wall street bailouts. Everyone blames Bush, but Obama and the dems passed them as well.




In his first presidential address to a joint session of Congress, President Barack Obama defended the ongoing federal bailout of the banks and pledged that even greater sums would be funneled from the US Treasury to support Wall Street.


My state rep ran on the platform that she was for main street not wall street. She was in office less than 3 months when she voted for it! I guarantee she gets re-elected because no one will remember what she did. So as you can see they are both to blame for it. Do some research and see which members of each party has profited from wall street insider information. Just might make you think twice about re-electing them, Obama included!



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties
2. As for Class Warfare: The praise of the Rich over the "parasitic" and "lazy" poor, for one, and the proposal of removing programs said people depend on, is also class warfare, and far, far more worse than making people with more money pay more money out of their pockets. Come to think of it, what Obama is saying really doesn't like Class Warfare in comparison to the things the Right have been saying.


Exactly. The pharmaceutical – military – criminal industrial complex is true class warfare.

People profit tremendously by subjugating the masses and the destroying the environment….

Wait, the masses want change?

Class Warfare!

assets.motherjones.com...



new topics

top topics



 
34
<< 7  8  9   >>

log in

join