It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamas 3 years of Classwarfare has Paid Off

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

Originally posted by Jefflaser
Just so we can all enjoy a little intellectual honesty about this topic:

"Contrary to general assumptions, low and middle income earners do not pay the bulk of federal income taxes in America. Because our income tax system is progressive, high income earners automatically pay a higher percentage of taxes on their already higher incomes. This has led to a scenario where the top 1% of income earners (and incoming earning couples) now pay more income taxes than the bottom 95% combined. While arguments can be made one way or the other about who should pay more or less, who does pay more or less is a subject about which there can be no confusion."

From 2009...Federal Government Statistics.

Exactly.

This is a symptom of the problem.

Wow, I wonder if the shill gang can comprehend that...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Sorry, but the economic self-immolation started when the Clinton administration forced banks to give mortgages to people who could not afford them. While Bush alienated a lot of Republicans with his fascist behavior, he also didn't do enough to stop the economy from becoming a bonfire.

Stop blaming "the other party" for everything and do some homework.

And put the kool-aid back in the fridge - it's getting rancid.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Sorry, but the economic self-immolation started when the Clinton administration forced banks to give mortgages to people who could not afford them. While Bush alienated a lot of Republicans with his fascist behavior, he also didn't do enough to stop the economy from becoming a bonfire.

I worked in the mortgage industry

Nobody forced my company, COUNTRYWIDE to do anything, every single LO (loan officer) I knew
fudged the due diligence. It was company policy to close as many loans as possible. In fact
two sub prime heads were "phased out" when they started pointing out the fraudulent practices.
Due diligence is the responsibility of the lender, you know that word responsibility, there is another
word called ethics, but I want bother you with such petty concepts.

You should have seen how the big bank Vultures would role in with economic teams, giant computers
on rollers...

God you are full of crap... Fox News Robot
edit on 4-10-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Sorry, but the economic self-immolation started when the Clinton administration forced banks to give mortgages to people who could not afford them.

Add giving Most Favored Nation Status to COMMUNIST China to that list of Clinton failures.

We never gave the USSR,nor Cuba that status.........................

How many Jobs would have stayed in this country,I wonder?
edit on 4-10-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

I worked in the mortgage industry

Nobody forced my company, COUNTRYWIDE to do anything, every single LO (loan officer) I knew
fudged the due diligence. It was company policy to close as many loans as possible. In fact
two sub prime heads were "phased out" when they started pointing out the fraudulent practices.
Due diligence is the responsibility of the lender, you know that word responsibility, there is another
word called ethics, but I want bother you with such petty concepts.

That statement is full of so many contradictions I wouldn't even know where to begin. It speaks for itself. You do know that your company doesn't exist any more, right?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
It absolutely amazes me how people can take words so completely out of context and apply them to a view point they have developed through warping of facts which in a major sense have been largely engineered for you.

The OP took Goebbels completely out of context.

Does no one realise the MSM as you are all so vehemently against have you wrapped around their finger and believing things exactly the way they want you to.

If you want to steer peoples beliefs it's not about what you say it's how you say it. They deliver the news in a such a way that it's slant looks like one thing but really it's almost subliminal.

Take for instance the movie top gun for instance as described by Quentin Tarantino. Top gun wasn't about jets and the navy it was about one mans struggle to understand his own sexuality.
The MSM have essentially done the same thing make things look like this is what is or isn't happening forcing people to believe there is more between the lines and formulating what they think is their own view and decision of whats going on when really the conclusion was engineered.

Don't you think you are being played?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Look, here's the issue:

The billionaires WANT to pay more taxes. They don't MIND paying higher taxes than everyone else. But of course, there are some who do mind and then buy out politicians who will then try to prohibit higher taxes on the ultra rich.

If I had it my way, I'd install a flat tax. Would it work? Who knows. We seem to fu*k up everything else, so I doubt it.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

edit on 4-10-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
those protestors are being manipulated for a political agenda

do you honestly think the "upper echelons" in the organization of this
what it looks like a fake "revolution" aren't aware of that fact? #.
seems to me they're desperately trying to hide the fact that they
knew exactly how this is going to play out.

the status quo or, shall we say, "le noble lie" has become a bit more
"cooler". funky. artistic. enthusiastic and #. and "barry" has absolutely
nothing to do with it. unlike arab spring. which was fake. and these guise
are "inspired" by fake. arab. spring.

stay tuned for special report from julian assange from his cell. and for the
love of gawd, don't think. just do. le watchers who watch the watchmen
will do the thinking part for you. as it was until this new "revolution".
also, do NOT, i repeat DO NOT EXHALE! you're killing the planet.

cheers.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Look, here's the issue:

The billionaires WANT to pay more taxes.

yeah. vampires adore garlic. and holy water too.
lol.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Look, here's the issue:

The billionaires WANT to pay more taxes. They don't MIND paying higher taxes than everyone else. But of course, there are some who do mind and then buy out politicians who will then try to prohibit higher taxes on the ultra rich.

If I had it my way, I'd install a flat tax. Would it work? Who knows. We seem to fu*k up everything else, so I doubt it.

they can, just write a friggin check!

WTF!

it won't make a dent in the deficit!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

they can, just write a friggin check!

WTF!

it won't make a dent in the deficit!

Exactly! What's the big deal?

It's been said that we could take every penny they have, and it wouldn't be enough to run the govt for even two months.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I don't believe that taxing the rich more will solve anything when we are operating under bogus trade agreements that have bled this country of jobs.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Heh, first off all, Classwarfare is going for way longer than 3 years, you surely know that, saying it's Obamas work just shows how biased your are. Already 100 years ago, society brass, figured out that it's better to have rest of nation divided upon their accomplishments, and fighting with each other.
Because, very ironically neo96, you're quite good example of a final product, it provided. Essentially ,because you feel more valuable member of society, you resent people taking part in protests nowadays, as you are programmed to think, that they screwed up, and now they should STFU, and get to work, which usually they're just not able to find. You failing to see, that they trying to put themselves in opposition not to you and your class of achievers, but to this 1% of people controlling pretty much every single aspect of their (and yours) life. Usually in a very foul way.
I'm pretty sure that people criticizing protesters, are much afraid that it might end with decreasing their own wealth, that's the reason they feel aggravated. That's not the goal!

I'm also amazed how can you defend Wall street society, those companies are directly responsible for launching IIWW, it's not a conspiracy theory but a fact, they had money in companies like IG Farben or Krupp, if those names tell you anything (and still have in their descendants). Hell, Opel, biggest tank producer was subsidiary of GM. They put money in every war waged by US and always came up with huge profits, when normal people paid prices with their blood and despair. They owe humanity a huge debt, and it's time enforce it.

You backing up wrong people with your rants on protesters. I can't ask you to do it, but if I was you, and felt against those people, I'd rather just stay mute instead of smearing them, people they oppose, are true perpetrators of most evil *&^% on this planet in last 70 years. A FACT, not a conspiracy.
edit on 4-10-2011 by stainlesssteelrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
For all of you liberals out there, here's some food for thought and a homework assignment. Every nation that allows it's liberals to control the country for any length of time, and adopts their policies the economy eventually collapses. Recent example is Greece. The more liberal policies or leftist if you prefer, the greater the risk of the country falling. Do your research and you will find I am right. Liberal policies do nothing more than create class warfare. Always has, always will. If you keep people pitted against each other you can accomplish a lot without them realizing what you are doing. Hidden agendas become law!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by mastahunta

You men the government made a bad decision?

You mean the government is corrupt?

I am shocked, that must mean that Wall street is good then, glad you cleaned it up!

Government makes a bad investment for 700 million, with the possibility of generating a lot of clean energy...
Bad government...trying to get us off of oil and coal. Bad.

But wall street...make a few billion dollars worth of bad investments with the intent of benefiting themselves, with others and the environment are not in mind.

But nooooo, we have to blame the government....

The irony in my post should be quite evident.

And HOW a self-proclaimed Occupy Wall Street protester simultaneously support the man whose 2008 campaign was bankrolled by Wall Street, whose 2012 campaign is reliant on Wall Street to an even greater extent, and whose cabinet was filled with Wall Street operatives? And their "official website" is supporting Obama's tax agenda!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
There was a video (can’t remember where) what protesters thought about Obamas affiliation with Wall Street. Most said….”.Nooooooooo, Obama had no affiliation with Wall Street”! Asked if they believed Obama should be reelected, most said “definitely”! And HOW a self-proclaimed Occupy Wall Street protester simultaneously support the man whose 2008 campaign was bankrolled by Wall Street, whose 2012 campaign is reliant on Wall Street to an even greater extent, and whose cabinet was filled with Wall Street operatives? And their "official website" is supporting Obama's tax agenda!

If you’re going to go after Wall Street, you need to go after Obama as well! So why isn’t the demonstrators knocking down Obamas door? Sound pretty hypocritical to me…!

edit on 4-10-2011 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by InformationAccount

Originally posted by neo96

my fellow americans you are so damn seriously gullable

Neo think about this - if the masses are too stupid to understand what is going on (And they are indeed that stupid) and this is a fact that the ultra rich already understand and capitalize on, what make you think that your individual ranting and raving will change anything?

Simple, to the point. Your question is well thought out. Most of the people ranting here have no idea what they are talking about. They go on about Communism and Marxism, yet I am willing to bet every dollar in my pocket these people have never read anything he wrote (and most probably wouldn't be able to understand it anyway). Yes, Marx spoke of Class Warfare. Why? because that is reality. The Rich don't share the same interests of the Poor. If you believe the Rich share the interest of the Middle class you are just a freaking idiot.

Of course there is class warfare, it existed before Obama and it will exist when he is gone.
edit on 4-10-2011 by antonia because: opps

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
this is the one thing i slightly agree with obama on, but he just wants the extra money so he can keep spending more, not to pay down the deficit.

there are too many loopholes and breaks that only the very rich have access to. millionaires, billionaires, and corporations all have "people" to take care of their taxes.

we shouldn't raise taxes on the rich, we need to remove the loopholes and breaks.

"but the 50% of americans on the bottom pay nothing" boo frickin hoo. give away everything you have and work at mcdonalds if you think not making enough to pay taxes is a good thing.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join