It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions heard in the NJ sky, again...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
hi, i live in the UK, south london specifically in a small suburban town, no where near any airstrips or airports, and most of the planes that come across here are at very high altitudes.....

anyways i have heard strange boom sounds in the sky and i know its coming from the sky because i can feel the intensity above, i heard this boom effect about 10 days ago, during the afternoon and suddenly looked up to see what it was, i have lived here for 19 years and never heard that sound before.

not only that, but i have never believed in UFOs at all until very recently when i spotted a very strange bright object in my night sky above the town, i know my nightsky like the back of my hand, and this object resembled a very bright star except, it actually moved after one minute, and reduced in light intensity, i couldt believe my eyes i quickly grabbed my glasses to see if this was for real i could NOT explain it, no sound, was coming from the object just changing in light intensity

i posted a video on youtube.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-10-2011 by ISeekTruth101 because: forgot something

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I also live in CT (fairfield county area). I've been hearing these on and off the past week or so. I chalked it up to a strange thunder because it's been REALLY rainy and nasty out lately. Although last night it caught my attention only because the sky had a hue of red in the distance (this was hours AFTER the sun had set). Thought maybe something exploded a few miles away. Not sure what to make of it yet...keeping my eyes, ears and camera ready now though...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hi, I am new to ATS and really only joined so I could post a comment on this thread. This past Friday nearly everyone in my local area and surrounding areas heard 4 loud booms over the course of 3 minutes. The last of which rattled the windows in the house. I live in Wilkes County, located in the foothills of NC. I reminded me a lot of the VA quake, as we felt that one pretty good. The booms were extremely loud and sounded like no thunder I have ever heard. Was no storms in the local area either and the skies were clear. I'd noticed no one in NC had reported it yet so I thought I would let you guys know. Good thread by the way.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2mayavision
reply to post by BroketheWall

If it can be described as coming from underground, this concurrent ATS thread www.abovetopsecret.com... deals with the area of the VA/MD/DC region that experienced that earthquake recently. There is speculation there that it was not a natural earthquake but premeditated underground "explosions".

That does not ease my mind At ALL...Thank you for that info & link to that thread. I was 6 floors up in Cooper hospital in Camden NJ when we had that quake & it was one of my most terrifying experiences. We turned on CNN immediately & they were saying how we were getting ready for a hurricane never expected an earthquake..I hope to never experience that in my lifetime again. I felt sick with vertigo the rest of that day.....Why the underground explosions?? Gonna go over and check out that link..TY

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Andre Neves

Check Sectional charts and L-charts to see if any military training routes run near your house. Also, how close are you to the closest military base?
If it wasn't storming near you (this doesn't mean it has to be storming directly over your house, as we all know thunder travels a pretty good distance), then you should check this out before you get out your "jump to conclusions mat".

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hyperenity

I live in Lower Fairfield County too....I heard the consistant BOOMS around 10pm for a good 10-15 min straight...I didn't notice anything red in the sky but it was definitely not thunder..agreed? I heard it in a southerly direction...toward NYC...what about you?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomKnight

I only noticed the sky because I was driving home from work around 9:30/10pm. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have noticed it from my house as there are too many hills around. Yeah, didn't think it was thunder because the sky was crystal clear (saw every star in the sky). I live like 10 min from the NY border/Brewster, NY. It definitely was coming from that direction.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by makinit66

Originally posted by Andre Neves
Ok. A couple weeks ago on Sept. 10th I posted a similar thread after a similar experience I had. The thread was locked & moved by a mod/admin to the Hoax section. I don't get why. Someone on here even made an entirely new thread asking why it was moved. That thread was locked.
If you check my posting history, you will see that my activity on this forum is nothing to be suspicious about. There are tons of threads made every day on ATS in the subject of Orbs, Teleportation, & Lizard People. Please, give me a break. I'm just trying to reach out to the users on here to see if there are any similar experiences. I had no idea ATS mods policed the forums in such a way before. Whatever happened to free speech...especially here!?

Anyway...

So just after 8pm a little while ago(Oct. 2nd), my wife and I sat down to watch a movie and we started hearing a constant rumbling. We thought nothing of it since the weather has been overcast the entire day and at first we just thought it was thunder. But after a while, it got considerably louder to the point where we heard it over the movie at times (Mission Impossible III at a pretty high volume). I paused the movie and looked out the window and it sounded like a constant explosions. Again, not the same as the sound you heard from fireworks. I know several people in the last post suggested it might be fireworks. I live in central NJ. We have experienced many fireworks here and know what they sound like.
So after about 2-3 minutes after I looked out the window, it suddenly stopped.
So at this point, I'm thinking, "that was very odd". The wife looks at me and says, "sounded just like the last time".
So whatever. The movie finished, I go downstairs to use the bathroom and come back up. My wife says to me that she went onto her facebook app on her phone and that one of her friends posted about it. So I turn the computer on and pull up google and do a quick search. I found that someone on the same forum that I posted it up. I took several screen shots of the facebook conversation and the google search result. I blacked out the URL and the names of the people, but if you read the facebook postings, you'll see that people heard the same thing a considerable distance from NJ.

Again, mods. Please do not take this down. I have no reason to lie about this. I was pretty upset at how my last thread was handled on here and my confidence in this site has lessened.

I too live in central NJ (Woodbridge), not today, but last night I heart loud noises which at first I thought was fireworks, but it went on and on and on....there are no fireworks which continue for the length which this sound went on for!
I dismissed it until I just saw your post and it reminded me of last night.

I'll have to keep my ears open for this sound again and try to record it.

I just want to clear up some confusion that I might have caused in my original post. I started the thread at 12:25am Oct 2(today). The sounds happened just after 8pm last night on Oct 2. Again, sorry for the confusion that it has caused.

What time did you hear them in Woodbridge? I'm in Union, so not too far from you.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrchusGhule
Hi there OP. Were the sounds you experienced similar to those in this video?

www.youtube.com...

Also, check the following thread for more information on this phenomenon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, they didn't at all actually. The ones on the links you provided sounded mechanical in some way. Like a giant robot walking around in a sci-fi flick or something.

I posted up a link several posts before yours of a video I found on youtube a little while ago. The sounds in the video are almost identical with the ones I heard last night and on Sept 10th. Here's the link again:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixDown
Someone I know heard the sounds in lower Manhattan on October 2nd at around 7:45pm and confirmed it was fireworks (they could see them in the air).

I find it hard to believe that is what I heard yesterday night considering others from several different states hundreds of miles apart heard the same thing around the same time.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
You said it was like a constant explosion. Like multiple explosions are one big one? I know I might sound crazy to some people but do you think it could have been a REALLY REALLY large cloaked ship drifting above? It would seem that something that large moving could produce a sound of a constant explosion.

So you are saying this ship with the ability to cloak (or become basically invisible) wouldn't be able to be stealthy in sound? That sounds kinda backward to me...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Posted this myself a few days ago.
Was like crackling of fireworks or heavy rain (wasnt raining)
Still hoping someone can get the background noise to come out more...I dont know how to.
It was so loud to me, but when I took it from my phone to the pc, very low in sound.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apophis
My wife and I have been hearing the rumbling noises on and off in the evening since late Spring/early Summer in South Jersey...We thought it was a distant fireworks grand finale, but the timing and duration usually didn't fit...
edit on 10/2/11 by Apophis because: to add last sentence

The timing is very non-fireworks-like. Also, the fact that the last incident(Sept 10th) that I reported happened at almost midnight. This area of NJ is heavily populated and the chances of a professional display of fireworks at that hour, breaking nearly every zoning/ordinance law from all neighboring cities would be highly unlikely.
And like I mentioned before, fireworks tend to have a "popping" sound...even from a great distance. These definitely don't "pop". Each burst of explosive-like-sound has generally longer duration of sound compared to fireworks.
The link I found on youtube that I posted is probably the most accurate representation of what I heard that I could find until now.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LanceDH

How did you have clear skies when the baseball game in New York, just across the water from Jersey, got rained out?
What part of Jersey are you in, Jersey is pretty small?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Depending on wind direction and temperature, you may hear thunder for up to fifteen or twenty miles.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixDown
Someone I know heard the sounds in lower Manhattan on October 2nd at around 7:45pm and confirmed it was fireworks (they could see them in the air).

Could be from the baseball play-off game?

link   
one night a couple weeks ago my wife and i stood in the middle of our street at 11pm or so looking up in the sky trying to determine what we were hearing. it was very much like fireworks, but like the grandest finale ever lasting a good 5 minutes. it was loud enough that we should well have been able to see flashes of light if it were fireworks. we were dumbfounded. we live in toledo ohio.

link   
I don't mean to jump on the band wagon, but you all are describing exactly what I heard about an hour ago. I live about 10 miles outside Denver. At first I thought it sounded like thunder, but it was a constant, low rumbling. I know I am quite a distance from where others are hearing it, but it sounds so much a like...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DemonicUFO
Its called thunder

Thunder does not continue for 30 minutes to more than an hour. I have heard this here in Michigan, clear skies, rural area and not a jet plane in site.

I heard a series of booms and then a constant roaring/ rumbling sound.

Until you personally experience it you'll think it is BS, just like I did.

I am a believer now, but what the sound is or was I have absolutely no idea.

Peace out,

RT
edit on 2-10-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I remember hearing a loud rumbling noise a couple months back and i live in florida and it was at night and the sky was clear....very weird...to the OP, i agree with you about being policed here...this is the one place nobody should be policed!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join