It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions heard in the NJ sky, again...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Must be some loud F'in fireworks for me to hear it in CT

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Watch the weather radar sites for your area when you hear these sounds.

You might see the dotted line radar image from Aurora flying overhead. It'll have clouds/radar images that look like this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgCXupNrwHM

It exists. Sounds like lots of booms...and if you heard it....she's likely over Europe by the time the sound hits your ears.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Thunderstorms? C'mon. I've experienced my fair share of weather over the past 28 years that I've lived here. Those didn't sound one bit once I actually paused the movie I was watching and literally stuck my head out my second floor window. Some of you sound like the "weather balloon" folks in the event of a UFO sighting.

I do have an old Sony mini-DV camcorder with full nightshot and a sony external microphone for it. I'm going to see if I can charge up those batteries in case it happens again.
edit on 10/2/2011 by Andre Neves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You went to all that trouble to get posts from other sites, upload them to convince people and you didnt think to get even your phone and record the sound so others could hear it?
And you wonder why people put your post in the hoax section.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ifonlyicould
You went to all that trouble to get posts from other sites, upload them to convince people and you didnt think to get even your phone and record the sound so others could hear it?
And you wonder why people put your post in the hoax section.

Stop assuming things. You know what they say about that.
I live in an area where we have lots of cars, airplanes, etc. The capability of the microphone on my phone would not be able to acurately capture it. But like I said though, I am going to charge my older sony hand cam that I have an external mic for if the batteries still hold a charge.

I've been scouring youtube trying to find any videos that can describe what I heard and I found one that sounds just like what I heard...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I myself have been hearing the same rumbling sounds, and i live in England, there has also been a lot of fighter jets flying over the area coinciding with the rumbling sounds, it is very odd.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Andre Neves

Don't worry about what some people say or that the mods kill it; just keep reporting.

In the military, we had listening posts. These were positioned in key areas away from the main body of the force. LP's are extremely important assets when little or no information is available about opposing force movements, etc. At ATS we should consider every member a listening post if we truly believe in government (or other) conspiracies, whether their information is critical or later deemed otherwise. Although your report may not seem important to many at the moment, time will tell. Thanks for posting your thread Andre... Stay vigilant.

Many lives have been saved by listening posts...legions.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
...If you had Followed the Wiki links to the 23rd foot note regarding the holographic planes, you would have come here," www.abovetopsecret.com... "
Bill specifically states," From this point forward, ONE TV FAKERY THREAD WILL REMAIN OPEN. This one: SEPTEMBER CLUES exposes 911 TV Fakery The opening posts of all "TV Fakery" threads will be modified to direct users to this thread. And likewise, this remaining open thread's first post will contain links to important questions raised by our members. For now, new "TV Fakery" or "No Planes" threads based on the work of this group will be deleted. Please use the existing thread indicated above to add any new material to the discussion. Repeated attempts to start new threads may result in account termination."

Bill got tired of all the holographic BS threads that discussed the same topic, time after time, after time.
Like anything new, you can post it, discuss it, or COINTELPRO it

But these rumblings heard through out the Eastern USA, do have the unique character of being diverse. I hope some one with a Sony night mode camcorder and IR filter can capture something in the sky.
BTW, SnF

edit on 2-10-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

Bill got tired of it so it must be BS, right? The technology exists. The washington post reports
top generals considering using holographic technology to dupe Iraqis way back in the war of
the early 1990's by projecting images with sounds of a false messiah over Bagdad.
You know that the technology exists to projects sound also, so this is a possibility in the
case of the subject matter of this thread. You know to keep fear levels up. I can dig up the links
if you wish. So this technology was certainly available for use in 2001, if its use was so willed!
(I personally feel that they relied on cgi and the power of actor testimony and television to give
life to the plane myth).
And All media fakery (cgi and/or greenscreens+actors threads are labelled hoaxes and
discussion of the important work of septemberclues is deleted or referenced to an ancient
thread! How ignoble and disingenuous. Anyone who has spent even a modicum of time on
the reams and reams of information presented at the septemberclues forum
cannot help but be impressed by the level of intelligence and coherence of their research.
I am supposing that the exposure of recent faked events like the Norway bombing and shootings
and the Tucson shootings (with computer generated ficticious villains and victims) isn't worthy
of much consideration?
But it is definitely in the best interests of some that this information not becoming widely
discussed or taken seriously!

Anyway, we are more scared of disturbing sounds whose source is unknown than disturbing
visuals whose source is known. The imagination is a powerful weapon in the wrong hands,
with our fear of the unknown being a basic instinctual/survival and self-preservation necessity.
It is worth bearing this in mind as a possibility when considering the sources of the disturbances
as reported in the OP.

New Voice To Skull Technology (Developed In The 1950's) Freaks Out New Yorkers

Washington Post Holographic And Sound Fakery Article-'When Seeing And Hearing Isn't Believing'-Dated 1999

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Heard it yesterday in Chesapeake VA. I know someone already pointed out VA Beach, which is right next door but just thought I'd chime in.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Haven't posted a video in a LONG time on ats, so I don't know if this will work. The video is of a dredge explosion. They explode under the water, whuch gives it this muffled vibration effect. If the video don't post, just youtube drege work explosions. Not trying to push my view, just trying to get to the bottom.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I had this very same experience around labor day. I was storming pretty heavy and I heard what sounded like fireworks going off in rapid sucession of loud booms. I went outside and did not see any fireworks. It did not sound like fireworks more like artillery rounds, but no flashes. As big as the storm was I doubt anyone would light off big fireworks that could make the loud booms in the middle of a heavy rainstorm? When there are fireworks around here I can usually see at least flashes of light. But yet again if it was raining that serious would it cut down visabilty?

I did however make a sound recording of it. Could someone steer me to a link to a place where I could upload it and share it here?
edit on 2-10-2011 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BroketheWall

If it can be described as coming from underground, this concurrent ATS thread www.abovetopsecret.com... deals with the area of the VA/MD/DC region that experienced that earthquake recently. There is speculation there that it was not a natural earthquake but premeditated underground "explosions".

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Im in Massachusetts and heard the same thing this morning in the early A.M. It was cloudy and a little wet out so I assumed it was thunder. It was a low rumbling only more distinct and less random than thunder usually sounds like. I wouldve found it more unusual if it wasnt cloudy...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

Your explanation sounds very logical to me...
Damn are we really entering project blue beam now, seems so.

Blue beam is not only a project of visual mascarade, it also has all the sounds.

Fear is their strongest weapon against your souls, show no fear.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andre Neves
Ok. A couple weeks ago on Sept. 10th I posted a similar thread after a similar experience I had. The thread was locked & moved by a mod/admin to the Hoax section. I don't get why. Someone on here even made an entirely new thread asking why it was moved. That thread was locked.
If you check my posting history, you will see that my activity on this forum is nothing to be suspicious about. There are tons of threads made every day on ATS in the subject of Orbs, Teleportation, & Lizard People. Please, give me a break. I'm just trying to reach out to the users on here to see if there are any similar experiences. I had no idea ATS mods policed the forums in such a way before. Whatever happened to free speech...especially here!?

Anyway...

So just after 8pm a little while ago(Oct. 2nd), my wife and I sat down to watch a movie and we started hearing a constant rumbling. We thought nothing of it since the weather has been overcast the entire day and at first we just thought it was thunder. But after a while, it got considerably louder to the point where we heard it over the movie at times (Mission Impossible III at a pretty high volume). I paused the movie and looked out the window and it sounded like a constant explosions. Again, not the same as the sound you heard from fireworks. I know several people in the last post suggested it might be fireworks. I live in central NJ. We have experienced many fireworks here and know what they sound like.
So after about 2-3 minutes after I looked out the window, it suddenly stopped.
So at this point, I'm thinking, "that was very odd". The wife looks at me and says, "sounded just like the last time".
So whatever. The movie finished, I go downstairs to use the bathroom and come back up. My wife says to me that she went onto her facebook app on her phone and that one of her friends posted about it. So I turn the computer on and pull up google and do a quick search. I found that someone on the same forum that I posted it up. I took several screen shots of the facebook conversation and the google search result. I blacked out the URL and the names of the people, but if you read the facebook postings, you'll see that people heard the same thing a considerable distance from NJ.

Again, mods. Please do not take this down. I have no reason to lie about this. I was pretty upset at how my last thread was handled on here and my confidence in this site has lessened.

I too live in central NJ (Woodbridge), not today, but last night I heart loud noises which at first I thought was fireworks, but it went on and on and on....there are no fireworks which continue for the length which this sound went on for!
I dismissed it until I just saw your post and it reminded me of last night.

I'll have to keep my ears open for this sound again and try to record it.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Oddly enuff I hear the same noise in #Ohio I down play it seeing that wright pat air force base is within 30 miles were I'm located. Its usually a cloudy day when it occurs. I will pay closer attention next time!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

So far every night here in Woodstock Ga..we hear a boom. At least one to 3 times a night. Its gone on since at least July...I didn't really take notice before then..the only reason I took notice in July to now, is because in the days after 4th of July, I thought..."hello......fireworks time is over!!!!!" But it has continued, without fail...so far, every night..sometimes only once...sometimes more, maybe even more than 3...but I don't think so. Sometimes its faint...like a far away gunshot...sometimes its loud, and you feel a vibration..very slight. As far as I know, we have no tunneling, or digging going on (I lived in Ellijay, where there is a marble mine...you always hear booms) and we do have construction...but its road construction, repaving, digging dirt, etc.

I wonder what it is..but so far, I haven't really seen anything odd to go along with it.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Hi there OP. Were the sounds you experienced similar to those in this video?

www.youtube.com...

Also, check the following thread for more information on this phenomenon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Someone I know heard the sounds in lower Manhattan on October 2nd at around 7:45pm and confirmed it was fireworks (they could see them in the air).

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
My wife and I have been hearing the rumbling noises on and off in the evening since late Spring/early Summer in South Jersey...We thought it was a distant fireworks grand finale, but the timing and duration usually didn't fit...
edit on 10/2/11 by Apophis because: to add last sentence

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join