It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate ATS lately, anyone else?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I hate that one topic have to have, 10 different threads, why can't people use one existing thread.

I am looking at you occupy wall street.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Besides people posting fake threads, the moderators have deleted at least 5 of my threads/posts in the last week.
If they take one more I'm done I'll never come back. One post was to support Occupy Wall Street, another was because I said "go Anon"-It's against the rules of this site to say supportive things to good causes...

Yes, I am getting tired of it too. Ad's everywhere, mods deleting threads and posts. I don't know what's going on here. I think ATS was taken over by big G, and now we are dealing with them selling ATS like a rummage sale.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Even though you have 14 flags, and 3 pages of mere replies-somehow your thread is top new topics. How? Because your story is the only thing worth clicking on right now.

DOn't worry they will remove this thread any moment, for "Violating" (expressing your opinion) "Terms and Conditions" (Some guy's rules about his bbc).

I'll give it 10 more minutes before they take away 1,500 stars from you and send you an message telling you how you can't express your opinion.

Heck they will probably remove my post for telling you that too...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It's odd some of you feel moderated to death when it comes to initiating threads. My experience is that you can "alert" moderators to offensive posts and nothing gets done at all. You re-visit the thread weeks later and the post still exists ... full of swearing, hatred etc etc.

It's almost like the moderators have switched off ATS too. I had a look at their activity the other night, the mods I mean ... quite a few seem as inactive as the rest of us. Seems peculiar. Maybe just real life pressures catching up with everyone lately, them included ?

Or as someone said to me the other day (a conspiracy theorist)(remember them ?) ... there's a secret ATS out there somewhere, invite only. One where the cool kids hang out. And that "our ATS" is just a site for income generation, advert clicks n stuff ... and a mechanism by which the cool kids are identified.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

This statement makes me curious, pun intended.

Can you point me to specific sections that I can read this from?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
People surprised that this a "debunker's" forum? Look at the owners screen name for one. Anyhow, it is very true that the level has fallen drastically. The right wing shillery is just overwhelming. Authoritarians and cheerleaders for the ultra rich and mega corporations are very involved in this site. Many criticize glp but the same pro establishment, tyrannical flavor is shared in both forums. I used to lurk for years then registered when, alarmed, saw the decline in thread and response quality. The propaganda trolls were seriously outnumbering the thinking members. Sadly, as I wrote before, we have been flooded by these "personas" and are outnumbered. The worst part is that the agenda is too obvious to ignore.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Are you helping thread quality with this OP?

I used to so love this place, but now,,,,,,,,,,, Anyone else out there who feel THE SAME?

I still love this place...

Just Saying.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I have to agree that the skeptics and naysayers are getting nastier. The conspiracy theorists usually are able to remain mature and less likely to dissolve into blabbering, abusive fools.

Why does it get under people's skin that I'm interested in unknown space objects? Why get so angry about what someone wants to talk about? Just stay away from the thread. If anything, if you are requesting that an Elenin, Nibiru, earthquake, etc. thread be removed, you are advocating against free speech and free thinking.

Another thing that ATS is two faced about is the "no groups" or "no gangs" rule.
It seems as though this does not apply to free masons. They blatantly say that they have sent a U2U to another member who's a mason who is more able to "clarify" and "explain" things better. In my opinion, do the best you can to explain the situation as you see it. If you can't, allow that person to find the thread on their own and provide their own comments. Anytime anyone is prompted to reply should be a violation. This is certainly gang-like activity.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
There are many things I like about ATS, and a few things I tolerate.

There are some wise souls on here that I have learned from, as well as some who just have an enjoyable quirkiness that is endearing.

ATS has lots to offer, on variety of topics, and there are many good souls on this site who do genuinely care, and if they can, try to help a stranger out , whether it be knowledge, or advice.

Being somewhat house bound at the moment, I grateful to have this site to come to for alternative news, information , and at times just some solid down to earth advice, on an array of topics and issues.

I'm taking the good I get from this site, and choosing to tolerate or ignore the not so great.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

ATS is exactly the same way it was years ago only difference is all the outspoken members have been banned. You people complain too much this thread needs to be deleted makes the site look bad for the rest of us who still love ats
edit on 2-10-2011 by DemonicUFO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
You can't please all the people all the time. That's a fact. Trash duplicate threads and the member is upset. Don't trash them and others are upset. To the member that said we deleted "at least 5 of his threads", I checked. Only 1 and it was a duplicate. Others complain that ATS is Draconian because we enforce the T&C. Well, yeah, we do. What's wrong with keeping civility on the board? The T&C is a contract between the site and the members. Again, what's wrong with ATS for making certain members adhere to the T&C as they agreed to?

T&C violations. WE get MANY complains about T&C violations and we appreciate it but is it a violation or a difference of opinion? When we get them they are discussed by the staff. The staff is diverse. We've got people from around the world on the staff. From all ages. And faiths. We have Christians, Atheists, Buddhists, Agnostics, etc. Same with political bents. When a complaint is discussed there is no bias, every angle is discussed. That may require time in some cases. If a complaint isn't handled immediately there is probably a heavy discussion going on to get the right action.

Now to content. If one feels that the content isn't up to one's expectations, create content that is, within the T&C of course. Be the change you want to see. I know, it's harder than just complaining but try it. You might like it.

Lastly, things on ATS go in cycles. We're in an election cycle so you are going to see a lot of political rubbish. Also 2012 is coming up. While some, myself included, don't put stock in this many do. So go with the cycle or stick to topics that you do enjoy. That's the best advice I can give.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It's all that damn thimerosal, (gotta get dems flew shots)...

People can't even stay on topic...

The whole comet thing was pure crap...

Trolls are everywhere...

Too many kids...

Way too many broken links, or people that can't link to a video...

Too many, "Here's this article I cut and paste" without any explanation or meaningful comments...

Some mods won't block the clearly crappy stuff, whilst blocking meaningful comments...

There are some postings that are good, but they're like a needle in a haystack...

ATS went from A+ to a D-

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Our Countries being torn apart...
People are being murdered...
Lied too...
Poisoned....

But really... let's figure out why these whiners HATE ATS lately....shall we???

ummm no

Click**Block**Leave**findAnotherWEBsiteTHATuDON'T HATE!!

I had to add a geezzz lol
edit on 2-10-2011 by tracehd1 because: geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ooooh look...........another crap on ATS thread. Sweet! These threads are really a "look at me, I'm not getting enough attention" thread, and the stars and flags are like totally awesome aren't they.

Seriously, for future reference do a "search", there's about thirty thousand of these threads already.

Peace

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I dont hate ats....i dont love it either...i just enjoy using it and appreciate the effort put in by admin to keep it one of the best sites on the net.

That being said, since GLP introduced a fee to use their site the threads over here have taken a turn for the worse. I believe many glp'ers have come here...and its clearly reflected in the quality and quantity of posts.

Not everyone from glp is mad....but the vast majority are IMO.

Ive seen multiple people banned this week for being morons. The problem is, they come back under another username and start all over again until they are banned. There is one....Bernard....that keeps coming back...he signed up times in one day! (after being banned over and over).

I think the mods do a good job considering the amount of threads and posts each day. It can never be perfect...there are far too many people on here now and not enough staff.

Ive seen the words "troll" and "trolling" more in the past 2 months than i have ever seen on here. If you dont agree with the OP or have a differing opinion on something you will be labeled a troll by some teenage kid with little to no knowledge about what they are speaking about.

Grin and bare it...thats what do. Or leave....simples

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
What I hate is when people make two line threads

edit on 2-10-2011 by gortex because: edit to edit

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
I used to so love this place, but now,,,,,,,,,,,
Anyone else out there who feel THE SAME?

I've started hating it as well, Everything is blame religion, Blame religion.......

Aliens here aliens there,
Political views that are biased,

Man it's like the whole of ATS is becoming rebellious, Believing not what they see anymore but what they read or are told. Oh sure let's just go against the system!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
...Ive seen multiple people banned this week for being morons. The problem is, they come back under another username and start all over again until they are banned. There is one....Bernard....that keeps coming back...he signed up times in one day! (after being banned over and over)....

Thus you see just one of the problems the staff has. Sometimes we (staff) don't get to enjoy the site as much as we'd like to because of a lot of unnecessary, immature garbage.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to get along here and prosper, that is if you're not here to intentionally troll.

Peace

edit on 2-10-2011 by Dr Love because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I know how you feel OP. I've been reading/lurking here for years, but when I finally made an account, I found it's hard to have my say and get noticed. The main reason is because it's just too popular these days. There're too many people posting pointless one liners, and serious posts/replies get lost amongst the litter.
Because of that, the chances of having a decent concise debate on here are very slim, unless you could commit 100% of free time to follow the whole threads, which in some cases (the threads that actually matter) are 20-30 pages long!

Not many people are going to read 20 pages of replies, so that results in people repeating each other and the whole thing gets a bit messy and confusing.

Not much can be done about it though, unfortunately.

Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Thus you see just one of the problems the staff has. Sometimes we (staff) don't get to enjoy the site as much as we'd like to because of a lot of unnecessary, immature garbage.

I can see the staff having frustrations, and annoyance, it can't be fun to babysit ..and I apologize for the times I have contributed to the immaturity.

Not sure I would want the moderating job, even if it payed..
..but appreciate that there are those who are willing to do it, considering it is very necessary for sites such as these.

(hopefully you all get some sort of bonus at some point in time for all the hours you put in babysittting.)

I sometimes wonder why mods take down some really juicy stuff before it gets a chance to take its first breath, and I'm talking about what seems to be legit info.. but considering I know little about many topics, I will assume that there is a very good reason.

So in signing off this post ..thank you mods.. for doing what must be a very frustrating job at times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join