page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I don't come here to celebrate life.
I come here to know who else will be "chosen"...

Guess what, pay the price for for more expensive toilet paper at the store
]

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I would never have posted this before, but this happened on ATS very recently.
I did a Google search for a very specific item, a TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER that you mount in a truck to control the trailer brakes on a trailer. I was not on ATS, I did this because I needed one.
The very next time I got on ATS, the exact item from the company that I bookmarked shows up as an advertiser on ATS advertising what?
TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLERS.
They sell thousands of items.
Orwellian.
That's called tracking cookies buddy. Time to bring out the cookie monster.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

That was good.
I knew a Blanco Rose, but she was from Blanco.
I don't know what happened to her. She was an awesome vocalist.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JELLYWAX

Tracking cookies, yes. That is pretty sophisticated cookie.
No wonder I am seeing pipe bombs advertisements on ATS.....

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I am sick of ATS but it happens every so often with me. I have had 3 different names but always get fed up with the same ol same ol on here forget all about it for a year then I'm back. One thing is for sure, I am sick of these mods trying to censor simple things now. Can I speak my mind please I mean WTF??? I say a simple thing like illegal something or another and they will warn me and terminate a thread. If you seen what some mods have deemed inappropriate for you to see you'd question what this site is really about.

I had a thread deleted and my membership threatened because I said there is an illegal meth labs in the hills by my house. Well if it's wrong to say that with no swear words than screw this website honestly. Meth lab meth lab meth lab meth lab meth lab meth lab.... there goes my membership nice conversating with you all

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Istarted out believing alot more of this stuff than I do now.Mostly I am "hating":

ADS... waiting for ads is starting to get ridiculous and I have a pretty good docis3.0 cablemodem; connection and p.c.Sometimes Ii scroll down and the container blanks out: "waiting for:" ads.fastclick..."or something similar.
And
i.e. Proving to14 year olds: 747's can indeed fly on their own ( No they are not "Satellite generated holographs")

Just because : "They are so huge; they can't possibly "fly"...

Or some other bit of "common core" knowledge that could be picked up by 3 minutes well spent on google.By somebody so inclined to do their own research.

I do however; love a good name calling by liberals who think their twisted ideas of "what all conservatives believe!". is infallible and applies to each individual who doesn't genuflect at the feet of Obama; Reid; and Madame Pelosi.
wahhhh.....

but I keep coming back (?).

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Who let all this rif raf into the room...

If I had my way I'd have all of you shot!

Pink Floyd _The Wall_ The Show Must Go On (The Movie)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

ATS...I like it,I love it,can't get enough of it!
I seem to post on threads most everyday...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
I used to so love this place, but now,,,,,,,,,,,
Anyone else out there who feel THE SAME?

Yes.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Yeah, I know what you mean. I used to come here for real alternative news and information by what seemed to be a pretty intellectual crowd, but now there are just outrageous claims made by pseudo-intellectual retards. Now I come here when I need a good laugh, or need to release some frustration by verbally assaulting the aforementioned retards.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I was taught not to hate, do you know where thats from? Its not from buddhism. Take a guess.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well, in the big picture it really is just a website. There are quite a few others out there on that inter-web-thing.

There are (2) possible problems:

1) Everywhere you go there are people with limited intelligence. If not now, then their infiltration is only a matter of time.

2) Everywhere you go, there you are.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I would never have posted this before, but this happened on ATS very recently.
I did a Google search for a very specific item, a TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER that you mount in a truck to control the trailer brakes on a trailer. I was not on ATS, I did this because I needed one.
The very next time I got on ATS, the exact item from the company that I bookmarked shows up as an advertiser on ATS advertising what?
TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLERS.
They sell thousands of items.
Orwellian.

Lol you do know the reason for that right? Just in case you don't I'll tell ya. Google ads uses your own search queries at google.com to determine which ads will pop up on the websites who use their banners to gain revenue. ATS is one such website who uses google ad banners. Blame that one on how google performs their operations.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Who let all this rif raf into the room...

If I had my way I'd have all of you shot!

Pink Floyd _The Wall_ The Show Must Go On (The Movie)

www.youtube.com...

love "the wall" We used to listen to pink floyd all weekend in the barracks and go to work in the weapons storage area; Monday morning, and work on live;" war reserve " nuclear"missile warheads" and "gravity bombs"....
Oh Those were the days!
edit on 1-10-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
What I love about this site is you get to hear about stuff way before the general population.
I remember earlier this year a coworker asking if I had heard about the revolution in Egypt.
I was like yeah heard about it 2 weeks ago.

But yeah all the religious BS should really go away.
That goes for the anti-religion BS too.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
My level of awareness has jumped exponentially since I came on the web. That was only a few short months ago.
I know I know, what was I thinking? My bad...

Because I have studied history some, I have not bought the line of BS the media and other outlets spew for most of my life. I have not fallen for their lies much, but have not begun to know the TRUTH about the world in which we live until I began to surf the web.

And the highest order of truth i have recently come to receive has been on here, I say again... On Here.

So those of you who have become complacent with knowing all that you know about anything and everything just remember,

familiarity breeds contempt.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewsWorthy
I am sick of ATS but it happens every so often with me. I have had 3 different names but always get fed up with the same ol same ol on here forget all about it for a year then I'm back. One thing is for sure, I am sick of these mods trying to censor simple things now. Can I speak my mind please I mean WTF??? I say a simple thing like illegal something or another and they will warn me and terminate a thread. If you seen what some mods have deemed inappropriate for you to see you'd question what this site is really about.

I had a thread deleted and my membership threatened because I said there is an illegal meth labs in the hills by my house. Well if it's wrong to say that with no swear words than screw this website honestly. Meth lab meth lab meth lab meth lab meth lab meth lab.... there goes my membership nice conversating with you all

Yeah, Im back to negative 900 + points as of today... Haha

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Threads about Elenin being the end of all times, 4.0 earthquakes with people saying "OMG could this be the big one? WATCH OUT PEOPLE! THIS IS HUGE!" then nothing happens, failed prophecies, pro-creationism/anti-evolution, "Jesus is the true savior, proof!" with a bible verse or something like that....All of those things piss me off.

Then there are some members....which I won't even get into.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
I started out believing alot more of this stuff than I do now.Mostly I am "hating":

See people always say that ATS is CIA or some kind of COINTELPRO or whatever...

The sole objective of ATS is to turn believers into non-believers.
They do this by filling the site with mostly far-fetched nonsense about aliens and planet-x and underground reptilian military bases and time-travellers and make it all so unbelievable and so ludicrous, that most people who start out as believers, become quickly very skeptical.

It's a much more subtle and effective way of controlling/maintaining all the believers and kooks rather than trying to monitor and stem the flow of all the new converts..

You just bombard them with weekly world news style posts and allow the odd nugget of truth to slip under the radar... and most people will avoid the good stuff, the real stories and the actual earth shattering conspiracies, and they'll just focus on the "My friend the alien" and "I am a member of the illuminati" threads.

Well played ATS, well played.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

I used to come here for real alternative news and information by what seemed to be a pretty intellectual crowd, but now there are just outrageous claims made by pseudo-intellectual retards. Now I come here when I need a good laugh, or need to release some frustration by verbally assaulting the aforementioned retards.

New Sig?

I agree with you completely.

However, apart from having to sift through all the chaff I have several qualms with ATS-one of which is the extreme censorship. Another is the sensationalism and propagation of fear.

This site pulled me in because of a tactful tone and a shared affinity for subjects beyond the realm of the official/assumed story.

But I guess I will settle for gems like "Comet Elenin is a Tetrahedral Spaceship"
edit on 2-10-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join