It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate ATS lately, anyone else?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Blimey no offense BlancaRose,but this thread sure has brought out the moaning minnie's.

Sure you can whinge about all the negatives,but you can also just ignore most of it,and concentrate on the good stuff.
There are still good thread's here,and loads of good folks.
Plus,the school holidays are over now,so many of the idiot posts usually die down about this time of year.

Stick with it I say,ignore the trollers and concentrate on subjects that interest you.
Or like other's have suggested,take a break from ATS for a few months.
I have done that myself over the years a few times-a change is as good as a rest they say..

Don't let 'em get you down-Rise above.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Some of the top members are not able to post right now so thread quality has gone down a lot I think.
It's our loss not having them actively participating.

What the hell are you talking about?...what do you mean 'top members' are not able to post right now!!'...Of course they are Chadwickus and Phage still post but it depends on topics people have an interest in and or knowledge base.
And if there's not much happening in the world of interest of course there's going to be lack of enthusiasm.

There are a lot of new members and probably their take on the world isn't the same (ever heard of Generation X, Y and Z) and ATS goes through peaks and troughs just like any other forum based website.

And if people hate ATS...then don't bother posting!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Some of the top members are not able to post right now so thread quality has gone down a lot I think.

There you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do miss the maturity level discussions.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

There you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do miss the maturity level discussions.

Are you implying there is no maturity left on the board?

Maybe you could fill in for the ones that have gone ?..

I am always willing to appreciate new wisdom and knowledge that others want to share.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
One thing I will agree on with people on this particular thread I am not happy with some of the mods. I am sure they have high ranking postings BUT some are quick to delete posts that really are harmless. Plus I have noticed nowadays if you post a U2U to them with a complaint /problem they don't bother to reply. I felt on a particular thread (Casey Anthony) I was penalized heavily and there was someone on there who was obviously a TROLL who boasted about having more stars than I and the impression I got was that the mod was having fun with the whole thread. I would like to know how old that mod was!
So yes, I do have to agree on this!

I think mods should actually be of mature age and not just because they are extensive posters....

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
I used to so love this place, but now,,,,,,,,,,,
Anyone else out there who feel THE SAME?

This is like saying - I hate my own left foot.
ATS is a tool. You can get a lot out of it if you know what to look for.
No one is making you partake of those "less than perfect" replies and thread topics.
You create your own hell. I could say just quit - but people who "create their own hell" are usually so comfortable IN HELL, they'll just create another hell somewhere else. We are all only a mirror.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I certainly don't hate ATS except over one topic which I went to read the other day concerning a certain type of plant that once served the world well, but has been cast aside for the sheer profit of certain industries. I looked and my gaze met the bland,censoring blokey picture, how I hate censorship, but if it pleases the boys, then there you go.

ATS has suddenly completely lost its lustre though. The trolls were always there and easily picked out, it was fun having a dig but now at ATS there's little to get your teeth into and have a really good think about. In the past it was great talking about things with people whose perspective was totally differrent, the view opened up and thoughts use to fly, it was great to share similar ideas or beliefs with others. Some of the obvious lobbyists also seem to just post the same old, same old, the only things that alter is the way they word the topic. Perhaps its just a jaded time of the year, but having spent the last couple of days on the beach, I am starting to think it does not bode well for the autumn and winter on ATS.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It isnt just ATS. I think in general the things to talk about are dwindling. The old topics are over talked about. The new topics, a few are interesting, but a lot are just downright crazy. For example, did you know the reptilians and adromedans are at war? Crazy stuff like that. It seems there has been a break in people's thinking. How about instead of claiming to ET races are at war in our sky, we take it back a notch and try to find evidence that ET's are even real, or anywhere near our little planet. It seems people believe things with no reason, nowadays. There is a whole mindset out there now that we can believe whatever we want and run with it. Well, I guess we can, if we want to stay by ourselves and be alone in our beliefs. But if you are going to bring your beliefs to a public forum, why not bring beliefs that have some minor basis in either truth, probability, potential for being possible. People are coming here (and not just here - to other forums - can't tell you how many times I have had to remind people that Jesus does not orbit the earth in a space ship!!) with such far fetched ideas that they can't possibly be true. If someone tries to point this out, they are attatcked by everyone, saying hey let them believe what they want, or if you think they are wrong prove it. I miss the good old days when the nuttiest ideas we had were a lot less nuttier than they are today. We used to whisper about the possibilty that aliens existed, now we whisper that jesus is an alien and commands a ship!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I just joined this site, obviously I wouldn't know how you feel but I think it's a interesting site overall with interesting topics.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

Since when is chadwickus and phage top members. Boon was a top member

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You mean, as in, they were ALL banned like a re-run of Godfather 2?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Not too bothered by ATS and it's "quality". I come here to check the "latest threads" and "hot topics" and that's about it. I'll read the first post which usually has all the info, then skim the replies to see what the general opinions are, and move on. The community here is too huge and the "thing we all have in common" way to broad for there ever to be a real sense of community here. So I just use it as a "resource", and for that, it's fine.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Ooooh look...........another crap on ATS thread. Sweet! These threads are really a "look at me, I'm not getting enough attention" thread, and the stars and flags are like totally awesome aren't they.

Seriously, for future reference do a "search", there's about thirty thousand of these threads already.

Peace

I could never be a mod.
I would have already deleted a 2 line thread.

Seriously, I respect the mods because they do utilize censorship as well as diversity.

Hate ATS? Never. It's too vast to actually hate, and is a valuable source of information as well as a troll farm. You take the good with the bad in life. You take the sunny days with the cloudy ones. When it rains, well, get wet, or pick up an umbrella.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

"ATS" is still a great place for alternative news. Since there are many passionate people here, the latest debates have become driven by emotions. As a result of political leaning factions, from around the world, the forum visitors have been polarized into unbending groups. Election year can be taxing on everyone.

On another note, we have too many of the same type of threads on the front page. Instead of having only one political thread about "OccupyWallStreet", we have multiple threads on the same subject. Last week we had too many doomsday and 9/11 Conspiracy threads.

Until the politics and civil unrest moves into the background, I may take a little time off from ATS as well. "ATS" is still a great place, but sometimes you need to move away from participating.

edit on 10/2/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I just learned you can not talk about holographic planes on ATS. ATS is a pile of crap. I would not doubt it being made just to debunk real conspiracy's.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I ignore ALOT of threads on here and I also delete a lot of forums from the main feed so I don't see all that doom and gloom crap.

I like some of those forums like 2012 but lately its all BS in there. If I want to see what is there I'll look once a week but i mostly just stick to a few forums and don't even bother with the others.

ATS has changed but it was bound to happen when it became more popular...

Personally I wish people would STOP posting threads with a link and nothing else and getting dozens of flags. I mean my god anyone can do that and it doesn't take any skill to do so..lol Other than that it doesn't really bother me. It's a given there will be stupid out there stuff on here. I just ignore it. If I need a laugh I read it...Skunk Works and they Gray Area are great for that.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I really like ATS....it is ever evolving. Some threads or posts I may not like or agree with...I pass over...ignore...it is so easy to do that!

And....all you (haters) of ATS on this thread.....you are so upset and dissatisfied.....then leave.....if you want to.

But remember...on ATS...you have the freedom of speech and expression to say you hate it here right now...and what you hate about it...

Will you find that much tolerance on other websites?

I'm just saying.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem
reply to post by JELLYWAX

Tracking cookies, yes. That is pretty sophisticated cookie.
No wonder I am seeing pipe bombs advertisements on ATS.....

That's one of the funniest posts i've seen in a long while

Humour is here also, and real, rational disussions, arguments, theories, and the minimum of trolling.
I LIKE ats, but yes, there is a quality/quantity problem...
You can come here & find like-minded people to debate with, you also get to debate with people who are totally opposite your views. What the hell? Maybe you can convert someone to your cause, or be converted yourself!!
It's called human interaction, it's a very complicated thing, but it's needed.
There is a good side; After a while you can spot the trolls real quick

Try having a reasonable debate on Yootoob!

Freud?
I will be very careful not to make any 'freudian slip' comments in the future

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Pretty broad to hate the entire site. With a group this large, there will always be idiots. I'm sure the mods do what they can. If you want a better thread, make one. If I didn't generally like the site, I wouldn't have joined.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

I knew it; Phage is on vacation

No good arguments right now...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join