It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate ATS lately, anyone else?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem
reply to post by JELLYWAX

Tracking cookies, yes. That is pretty sophisticated cookie.
No wonder I am seeing pipe bombs advertisements on ATS.....

I didn't see THAT one coming.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Then why did you bother to write this?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

"I hate ATS lately, anyone else?"

Nope. Reason? Can we see a fault in another without seeing it in ourselves first? Let him who is without conspiracy throw the first contradiction.

edit on 2-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'll attribute a thread with 30 flags and five pages to a woman on her menses.

ATS rocks. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
I'll attribute a thread with 30 flags and five pages to a woman on her menses.

ATS rocks. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Posts like the above is the reason ATS suck big time these days. What happened here, all the adults left (or were post banned) and the 12 year olds flooded in from Facebook and took over the place?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

ATS is a pile of crap.

If you think this website is crap, then why are you still here? If you don't like a website you're voluntarily visiting... then leave. Simple really.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideOfItAll

That's a bold statement, with your new user name, so I don't bite, Mr. Troll. You betray your own comments.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

That's a bold statement, with your new user name, so I don't bite, Mr. Troll. You betray your own comments.

Thanks for not biting. What do you mean by saying that I betray my own comments?

Oh, and my member name is right to the left of this post. It's not "Mr. Troll", as you can see. It is not new either, I have had it for a while now....
edit on 2-10-2011 by InsideOfItAll because: Added info

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

New means 12 posts under a username. Doesn't matter you had it since 2009. It's not a name you use, and you have no "Street Cred" IMHO. Get your post count up on that username, otherwise, you retain troll status. Sorry, my friend, but on an otherwise positive note, I do love your Avatar.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
edit on 2-10-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well I am not a big OMG I have to spend every minute on ATS..

When I first encountered ATS many years ago, their were aliens making threads, their was massive amounts of threads with cgi UFO's in Haiti, and people saying how real it was and people arguing over it.. Of course their was prediction threads as well, the market crashing bank day perdiction etc. etc.

Now I have not seen any "I am an alien" threads in awhile, and I guess even the Die hard UFO beleivers excepted the UFO Haiti, youtube video was cgi..

I dunno If I would say I hate ats, I am starting to get annoyed with the aggressive add campaign I am getting while visiting the board, but I understand it.

I am getting sick of the perdiction threads thou, those are really starting to get old.. They are getting more and more ridiculous, speaking of ridiculous just wait until 2012, you'll have your fill of OMG the world is going to end threads, and threads of I am talking to niburian's and they are etc. etc. etc.

Don't worry ats will once again be entertaining once again..

I really enjoy the news on ATS, and some of the radio shows..

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

New means 12 posts under a username. Doesn't matter you had it since 2009. It's not a name you use, and you have no "Street Cred" IMHO. Get your post count up on that username, otherwise, you retain troll status. Sorry, my friend, but on an otherwise positive note, I do love your Avatar.

I have actually been reading here since 2007. I have seen the way ATS has developed since then. I have not been an active poster here, but on another forum which does not exist anymore. Sorry if my "Street Cred" at ATS is not good enough for you.

Thank you for loving my avatar, by the way. I didn't put much of an effort into it, but I guess black is your favorite color.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

As your last crumb, BLACK is the absence of color.

May you find peace within yourself someday. I bid you well.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideOfItAll

I have actually been reading here since 2007. I have seen the way ATS has developed since then. I have not been an active poster here, but on another forum which does not exist anymore. Sorry if my "Street Cred" at ATS is not good enough for you.

Thank you for loving my avatar, by the way. I didn't put much of an effort into it, but I guess black is your favorite color.

If I have learned one thing on this site...

Long time Lurker =

edit on 2-10-2011 by whyamIhere because: pre 98 bubba

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Long time Lurker =

And if I have learned one thing in life, it is that you should never assume too much about people you don't know at all.

edit on 2-10-2011 by InsideOfItAll because: spelling

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideOfItAll

Long time Lurker =

And if I have learned one thing in life, it is that you should never assume too much about people you don't know at all.

edit on 2-10-2011 by InsideOfItAll because: spelling

Take no offense...

I was just playing with my dancing clown.

Seriously though, Lurker doesn't really count for much around here.

And really, I am not assuming anything. Except your probably a nice person.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
No.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Man, I cannot believe this thread has gained 30 stars.

Instead of whinging how about actually making a concerted effort to create a thread worthy of what your expectations of ATS are!!!

DaddyBare
SLAYER69
IsaacKoi

Also Druid42's recent thread on quilting. HIGHLY INTERESTING and different.

And many more are still making interesting threads.

No, there haven't been a lot in the last few days BUT over the last 2 weeks there have been some good ones.

Quality HAS gone down but I feel it is really just because of the current financial crisis and the attention that is getting.

Plus, Hate is a really strong word. If you feel so strongly press Alt + F4 and never return.

It's pretty simple.
edit on 2-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiritron9000
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Is it because every third thread tells you that you are going to die/ shtf? Or is it the general atmosphere of 'panic!' that seems to be spreading? I agree, feels more like some general chatroom than a place to make civilized chatter with like-minded people. But it makes for good entertainment, I'll give it that.

For me, it's neither. It's the seeming lack of intelligence by some and lack of open mindedness from others.

I guess I've got bored.

My hunger for knowledge has declined a lot because lately it's all about how "9/11 wasn't the fault of terrorists, you're an idiot to think otherwise" or "Elenin will kill us all" or "all police must die".

Overwhelming evidence against those things and still people believe in that crap and more.

It honestly feels like being on ATS now and reading stuff like that is not only sapping my own IQ and intelligence but also proving to me that the real people with their eyes wide open to the way the world works are the people who ATS members constantly insult for not being members here and for dealing with their crappy lives with hard work and earning money rather than posting countless ridiculous theories on a conspiracy forum for hours a day.

It's like, no offense to anybody here because a lot of you seem like really nice people that I'd otherwise get on with but outside of the music section of ATS, I feel like I'm the most intelligent person here and it feels wrong.

I liked being in awe of the research and effort by the likes of ProtoplasmicTraveler or Zorgon who posted things that were not only true and realistic but great reads and informative.

There was a guy who posted his girlfriend's dreams in January called Condemned followed by several numbers. He seemed awesome too but he disappeared.

I liked reading Dreams & Personal Predictions, The Gray Area, General Conspiracies, Predictions & Prophecies, Music and Movies.

Other than the latter two, I can't bring myself to get excited at reading the others any more because the majority is just crap. Deplume's thread about the weird sounds no one could figure out the source too was the last great thread I read on ATS. Before that, it was Proto's that got him banned, before that Zorgon's Naval Space Command, before that way too many to even remember right now.

It's not the fault of Bill or some of the other staff here either, it's just my boredom threshold has reached its limit and unfortunately, ATS is more of a chore filled with weird and crazy BS than an enjoyable forum to excitedly read for hours at a time when you have the time to allow it.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Nature of the beast that as a site becomes more and more popular you'll get influxes of new members posting threads you've seen a thousand times before. It's only going to get worse before it gets better..if you know what I mean..*cough 2012 cough*.

This place will ebb and flow with the topics that interest or annoy you, interest after a time can naturally wane, sometimes gone forever or come back with a vengeance.
If you don't enjoy it anymore just take a breather.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join