It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Morality Of Saving People From Hell

page: 15
11
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FloatingGhost
reply to post by NewAgeMan
 

You talk a lot to say a little. even works on a lot of people. See the guy who gave you a big thumbs up on how much sense you make. Your a babbler. And for such a religious guy I find odd for you to quote Jung.


Never quoted Jung, get yer shat straight.




posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FloatingGhost
reply to post by Shadow Herder
 


God is a crutch for the weak minded.


Your version of what you think god is in the mind of others if quite pathetic and ignorant. Give up trying to alienate people. Dont worry, I am not going to try to convert or save you from anything.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Yes, it is immoral to allow people to slip into hell- without giving them a chance to avoid it beforehand.

I can get snippy... but the point to make here is that God is Love. And yes, some of you heard this A Lot... but Jesus Died for You.

To reject a loving God / Jesus - who already made a free provision for eternal life, as almost a knee-jerk reaction... may be (would be) the worst mistake you ever could have made in your life.

To say that 'all religions are good', and 'everyone serves the same God'... is like that... a knee-jerk reaction. What about Isla_ic Te__orists? Them too? If everyone was going to heaven, then heaven would look like what we have now. I assure you, that heaven will not.

To this, you may say- You are too far gone.... Really? Just pray and ask God.... ask the God of Gods... what is going on..... if you do want to know (address the right one- the God of Gods). He may tell you... yes, "you believe the right thing".... or not.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


Provide evidence of Christ? It's all around you. Our calendar system was created to revolve around Christ's birth. This means that every thread post, every email, every check/cheque written, etc... refers to His birth as a reference/starting point, because they have the current date on them. The current date, as you know uses the AD - Anno Domini- The Year of Our Lord system.

Want more? Try naming your son or changing his name to Judas.... see how that flies. I would expect you to recoil in horror to this suggestion... and with good reason, yes/no?
edit on 3/10/2011 by MarkJS because: minor enhancements



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25
 


You seem to have the whole thing backwards

TOE has data and clear reasoning to back it up, creationism only has a Bronze Age book to back it up

So if you teach a course based on creationism then you are forcing a belief in that Bronze Age book on someone

edit on 3-10-2011 by racasan because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
I’m going to keep this short. I have read actually listened to on CD the entire bible.


I'll keep it short also. No matter how fervently you believe the bible it doesn't mean that the facts which contradict its claims are untrue. Keep in mind that if you remain consistent with your methodology you're going to be forced to claim that a number of other dozen scientific theories are false because they too refute claims in the bible.

For the third time, I am open to creationist hypothesis. You have to prove your case the same way everyone else does. 1. Produce the deity that does the creating. 2. Catch the deity in the act of creating that which you claim it creates. Until then, there's no reason for anyone to believe your claim, especially if it's just someone else's claim written in an old book.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS
reply to post by Annee
 


Provide evidence of Christ? It's all around you.


I always find this the dumbest argument ever.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
Show me this real history you talk about. Show me the evidence. I have provided you 27 books and letters and several other sorces that talk about the history I know to be true. How many references do you have?


It is an accumulation of information I've read in my 60+ years of searching for god. End result Atheism because of real information - - not myths.

I do not do detailed links anymore. At 65 I am raising a 3 year old boy and an 11 preteen girl. Priorities.

But - - there is a good thread right here on ATS: 'Book of Revelation’ : A ‘Fake Prophecy' Sewn Together from Scraps of 'Old" Testament Writings ? - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sigismundus - - seems to be quite knowledgeable.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FloatingGhost
reply to post by sacgamer25
 


Jesus lived....Jesus died on a cross at the hands of pontius, a Jewish leader under roman rule. It is history...it happened. Jesus was the leader of a new sect of Judaism that was unnamed at the time as far we know. The whole idea of jesus being god...sorry man but there's no way anyone can prove that. It is impossible and if it was proven we would all be Christians. I understand you are zealous in your beliefs but you can not come onto a site like this and be taken seriously. You and others like you talk out of your behinds. All it does it hurt you. Say you have faith...don't tell us god is fact.


92% of Americans believe in God or some form of Diety. So it looks likes 92% of the people think you are talking out your behind. Believe me you and the other 8% are the ones who are hurting. I pray for all of you.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


You don't have to try to figure it out all by yourself.... You can ask Him about it. Did you?



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS
reply to post by Annee
 


You don't have to try to figure it out all by yourself.... You can ask Him about it. Did you?


Not interested.

I was raised Christian - - spent most of my life as a believer.

Been there - done that.
edit on 3-10-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
92% of Americans believe in God or some form of Diety. So it looks likes 92% of the people think you are talking out your behind. Believe me you and the other 8% are the ones who are hurting. I pray for all of you.


I'd say there is a big difference between believing and accepting.

Most of us are "born into belief in a god". Most just accept it without really questioning whether it makes sense or not.

Some may try different beliefs - - but they rarely step completely out of the "god circle". It is very ingrained - especially in the US.

For most (IMO) it has to be a conscious choice to step out of the "god circle". Most won't do it - - even if they question whether there is a god or not.

Even if one questions god - - - most people do not want to be ostracized by society - - - in America they would be.

For the most part they lazily accept god - - but really don't do much about it.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
I pray for all of you.


Thanks!

And I'll think for all of you.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by sacgamer25
Show me this real history you talk about. Show me the evidence. I have provided you 27 books and letters and several other sorces that talk about the history I know to be true. How many references do you have?


It is an accumulation of information I've read in my 60+ years of searching for god. End result Atheism because of real information - - not myths.

I do not do detailed links anymore. At 65 I am raising a 3 year old boy and an 11 preteen girl. Priorities.

But - - there is a good thread right here on ATS: 'Book of Revelation’ : A ‘Fake Prophecy' Sewn Together from Scraps of 'Old" Testament Writings ? - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sigismundus - - seems to be quite knowledgeable.



I’m sorry but Sigismundus appears to be completely lost in his understanding of the New Testament. Virtually the entire New Testament is in reference to the Old Testament. The early Christians had a clear understanding of this. That is why the message was so strong. Everything they had been told would happen and were waiting for happened. The book of Revelations was a reminder to the early Christians that although Christ had come to complete the law they still needed to be weary of the end of days.

That is precisely what makes the New Testament so amazing. All of the prophecy in the Old Testament was either fulfilled or was promised to be fulfilled in Revelations. The fact remains the Old Testament predates Christ and the New Testament was the story of Christ.

If I could make just one prophecy and have it come true the world would believe I was the messiah. Jesus fulfilled at least 48 prophecies.
www.eons.com...

Another note the majority of the early Christians were Jews. If Jesus had not fulfilled these prophecies, these would have been at least as well known as Revelations is today, why would so many of them converted to this new religion and be willing to face such persecution.
en.wikipedia.org...

Some of us Christians have done our research. Our faith is not blind. If everything written about Jesus was based on something other than God, not one person would refute the evidence. The amount of evidence that Jesus was a man whose teachings changed lives and performed miracles is amazing given the time period. Not much recorded history exists from this time. But for some reason people thought it was important enough to document Jesus’ life over all other events taking place.

Jews left their religion and were persecuted, not one document exist that refutes these claims, more written history exist about the life of Jesus than any other recorded event of that time. Science has proven the Old Testament predates the New Testament and we have fragments and or entire books dated to less than 100 years after his death.

The only thing left is to decide wether or not Jesus was God in the flesh. But for some reason some of you need more. If God doesn’t come descend from heaven and say hi God here you refuse to believe. Funny thing is he did, and made sure it was documented. Made sure the book that tells man the answer to all his philosophical questions is the most translated, read book in history. The bible tops the best seller list every year. But you still want more proof.
edit on 3-10-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)
edit on 3-10-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Isn’t this another form of forcing a religion on people


Originally posted by sacgamer25

92% of Americans believe in God or some form of Diety. So it looks likes 92% of the people think you are talking out your behind. Believe me you and the other 8% are the ones who are hurting. I pray for all of you.



Everybody’s doing it, so you should too (with the hidden threat of there are more of us, so you had better start doing it or else)



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
Isn’t this another form of forcing a religion on people


Originally posted by sacgamer25

92% of Americans believe in God or some form of Diety. So it looks likes 92% of the people think you are talking out your behind. Believe me you and the other 8% are the ones who are hurting. I pray for all of you.



Everybody’s doing it, so you should too (with the hidden threat of there are more of us, so you had better start doing it or else)


It is not for me that I pray for you to believe it is for you. If you choose not to believe that is of no concern of mine. My concern is simply to spread the truth. You can choose to call the truth a lie or a fairy tell but that does not make it anything less than the truth. 92% of the people believe the basics of the same truth that I believe. Because it is the only logical explanation.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

I’m sorry but Sigismundus appears to be completely lost in his understanding of the New Testament.


Please go take him on in debate.

Let me know. I want to read it.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by MarkJS
reply to post by Annee
 


You don't have to try to figure it out all by yourself.... You can ask Him about it. Did you?


Not interested.

I was raised Christian - - spent most of my life as a believer.

Been there - done that.
edit on 3-10-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)


What were you a believer in? I tell you the truth, if you never read the entire word than you know not what you believed. Modern religion has distorted the word so much that you could not possibly believed in the bible if you did not read the entire bible. I challenge all non believers to read or listen to on CD or MP3 the entire bible. When you are done, ask yourself 2 questions. What part don't you believe and why. I imagine most of your answers to why will be scientific in nature. You know the same science that changes its views daily.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
That is precisely what makes the New Testament so amazing. All of the prophecy in the Old Testament was either fulfilled or was promised to be fulfilled in Revelations.


Uh, no. The first part of the book makes claims that the second part claims to fulfill. There's nothing amazing about that. Plus, so many of the bible's claims have been demonstrated to be incorrect that there is no reason to assume any of it to be true.



posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

What were you a believer in? I tell you the truth, if you never read the entire word than you know not what you believed.


What you consider truth - - has nothing to do with me.

I just want to see your debate with Sigismundus.
edit on 3-10-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
11
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join