It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the World as we know it.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
OP, agreed 100%.

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by Lono1

If you are correct and these disenfranchised doomsayers are temporarily insane, then it's plain lazy to expect an event to come along and fix everything for them, instead of getting off their asses and being the change they wish to see.

Agreed also.

I think saying that people hope for an apocalyptic scenario is not quite right, though. People are hoping for it to be easy. What's easier than being forced to give up everything you have and start over in one fell swoop?

It's also pretty easy to send out our vague hopes for something to change, and wait to see if anyone steps up to lead that charge. We cannot be laissez-faire citizens, but we're not the visionary leaders that we need to form the blob of dissatisfaction into a wedge of public intent. We're not that guy, but we're sending out job postings to find that guy.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Your post having so few stars shows the general state of mind of ATSers.

All this depressing, overemotional, out of ballance pro-suicide behaviour is a symptom of mass psychosis that plagues the spoiled western world. People who want to see world go in flames have seen and experienced zero percent of that world, it's as if they are imprisoned in there own twisted fantasies.

Unfortunately it's hard to explain why is such thinking negative, it's like explaining to a spoiled child how world doesn't revolve around it when it is convinced that it does.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Isaiah 2:19 And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

They fear the coming of the Lord because his second coming will be the judgement, even though they have no need to fear Him if they could allow themselves to believe in Him. Even key people in the government fear the coming of the Lord, they think their deep underground bunkers will protect them from His wrath and they are wrong. They could be on the other side of the universe on that great and terrible day and it still would not save them.

The U.S. army has a saying. It goes like this: "A cave is a grave", that simple sentance speaks volumes.
edit on 29-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

That's the irony of this, isn't it. Whenever the destruction goes down, "they" will have built their own tombs.

On another note, I believe the vast majority of those on this site feel within their spirit, that destruction of this system is coming soon. For the "scoffers", even if they refuse to admit it, deep down they feel it.
edit on 29-9-2011 by shasta9600 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

I for the longest time thought it was run of the mill fear mongering by the MSM

However... Frankie says it's going to get bad, real bad and what Frankie says is so. I hope he cancells this disaster like he did the earthquake warning. When he cancels a disaster it stays canceled.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind a big fireball for the adventure but I don't think humanity is worse today than in the past. I think the amount and speed of information sharing is the big difference and it might be changing things for the better even if we can't see that yet. Imagine how easy it was to sell a lie before the Internet. An honest look at history shows corruption and suffering way beyond todays worst. I say relax, enjoy the show and if the opportunity presents itself, get involved. OBTW, I'm an Oathkeeper too. We're making a difference as are many other people throughout the World. Things are changing and soon we'll reach a tipping point where no banker or politician will be safe. Hoorah!!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Something is definetly way off and wrong with the world.Corruption is happening in governments.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Here's the problem, besides being extremely selfish, most of the doom addicts who support and get excited over all the doom and gloom predictions seem to assume almost everyone else will die... except them (a few actually do have a death wish though). These folks have delusions of grandeur. They think they are special and have some destiny and the only thing holding them back is the #ty current world, when they're really not special at all. They keep talking about how they want a fresh start and they'd rather live in an post apocalyptic world yadayada. But you have to have a few screws loose to assume that if a disastrous world changing event happens, that kills of billions of people, somehow you'll be that hero that survives and roams around in the aftermath kicking ass and having fun in a new world.

These people watch too many zombie/post apocalypse movies and think they are going to be just like the survivors/hero in those movies when in reality they'll probably die before they even knew what hit them just like everyone else. What good is a "new world" if you're not alive to see it? You people need to stop thinking you'll survive through an apocalypse, it wouldn't be an apocalypse if it was that easy to survive.

So stupid to hope for the death of billions of your fellow man because you have this ridiculous delusion that you and your loved ones will survive just because you stocked up a few guns and some canned food in your basement and want it to happen. If it is an apocalyptic world changing event, there's an extremely high chance you will die too and then all your wishing and hoping to see a new world won't mean anything, you won't even exist anymore. The irony is, the people most likely to survive an apocalyptic event are in fact "tptb" the rich and powerful people you loath so much will be chilling out in deep underground, fully stocked bunkers and bases designed to survive such events while you're hiding in your flimsy basement 10 feet underground.

And not to mention to those who always say they "feel the end is near" or "feel something big is coming", NO that feeling means NOTHING, people have felt like that FOREVER. Study history there's been people crying doom and gloom and predicting end of the world for thousands of years and it hasn't happened, you are no different than them it is just a part of humanity and largely an influence of religions. The only difference now is silly doom predictions can spread faster and wider now because of the internet. There's a bit of an increase of people spewing crap about the end of the world recently because of all the 2012 folklore but I remember right before 2000 there was a similar pick up in doom frenzy and then nothing happened and it died down a bit again, go figure.

See ya in 2013, sorry you're so depressed and selfish that you can't appreciate your life for what it is and want billions of people to die for your own desires/beliefs of how the world should be. Hitler felt the same way.
edit on 29-9-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Something is definetly way off and wrong with the world.Corruption is happening in governments.

This has been going on since the dawn of man, even since America was started as the bankers tried to take control from our founding fathers and the people. Corruption is and has been happening before all of us were a twinkle in our mothers eyes.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
All of these doomsday posts really point to one thing...that the fear, stress, anxiety and negativity being put forth by TBTB are working. We are all taking it in and manifesting it outward in our daily lives so much so that we want "it all to end" with the hopes of some magnificent disaster. Why? Cause its an easy way out...

Suicide by Doomsday prophecies, its almost like suicide by police. You cant actually pull the trigger yourself....

If we see a bleak tomorrow then thats exactly what we will get. Its not rocket science, its pretty simple. Our thoughts create our world. Really think about that for a second.

Its up to you and NO ONE else to change your life and make it better. Stop the hate, the blame, the excuses. Turn off the internet, the TV, go outside and enjoy life.

We are all amazing people with wonderful talents and abilities BUT we are NOT the chosen ones, picked to be here at THIS TIME. THIS TIME that is no different than any other time. We are NOT special, the dream walkers, the last of the great civilization, etc. That is EGO, and nothing but....

If you are waiting for the world to end that is pretty sad. Take control of your life and change it and stop feeding into the negative fear based bull#.

If we are here for any special reason its to find out that we can create whatever we want and live life in a state of happiness and love. There is no point to worry about "the world", you cant change it but you can change your life. Start there, its way easier and way less intimidating...

Much PEACE!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
People have been predicting the end of day's since the begining of day's. There will be no global event, that's just people's fantasies.

In my opinion the reason so many people want govt. and society to collapse is so they can run aroung looting and raping with impunity. Most i doubt would admit to it but i have no doubt theres plenty of sociopaths out there that do dream up this stuff.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Well if ELEnin, Nibiru, aliens, comets or anything else is coming, I wish it would just get here already! Exponential growth of these predictions will continue until then.

Our reality is so much about human suffering. If human beings were a thriving race on this planet maybe we wouldn't need the hope of a spectacular wipeout to end our own misery.

It's easy to get worked up when some guy in Russia discovers a comet and they name it Elenin (ELEnin), or when the mainstream media all of a sudden changes its view on UFO stories and starts covering the topic like actual news.

It seems to me that we're being prepared for something through our media. If the time comes when "aliens" invade or a "comet" approaches Earth, how are we even supposed to know what's real and what isn't?

Our media in the US lost its credibility a long time ago, yet if/when a real ELE threatens humanity, many people will be glued to the TV, and be subject to 9/11-style programming/conditioning.

We're along for a crazy ride in these times.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Thank you. I think you hit the nail on the head. Change is needed right now, that's the bottom line. Though I'd prefer it to be not of the "99% of the world's population dead" variety, anything that gives us a new beginning would actually be a good thing.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
For quite some time now, I've been saying that we need to hit the "reset" button. Obviously, many others think the same way and that "reset" button is different for many people.

None-the-less it needs to be hit for we need a new start. We need a new beginning because I just can't see a bright future for our species if we do not begin again down a new and more prosperous path.

We all need to set some positive goals that our civilization can work toward (especially when it comes energy and space travel).

We must do it together as one.

-A.S.-

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Is surrounded by dead rotting corpses "winning"
Sounds kinda Republican to me, wait tgats a different thread.....

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
We are all already dead.
We are just walking corpses.
The walking dead.
Zombies.

If you think you can join the system to change it, you are deluding yourself. You will become it.

If you think you can use violence to punish the system, you are deluding yourself. You will be crushed.

If you think you can convince people of the error of their ways through diplomacy and dialogue, you are again deluding yourself. People usually only listen to what they want to hear.

So I can understand why people want everything to come to a cataclysmic end. It's a viable solution, however it is all based on luck and randomness. Odds are we are going to be stuck here and have to pay our bills next month.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Beautifully written, and I disagree.

Kids and animals don't need a catastrophe to happen just because there are a lot of lost adult humans wandering the earth seeking excitement and purpose.

May I suggest that everyone who needs a big jolt take a trip to a developing country for a mere 3 weeks.

Just go to place with no internet, no ATS, no Starbucks, no light switches, flushing toilets, running water... you won't be lonely, you'll be with 1.5 billion people if you leave today.

Don't drag your nephews and your pets. Just you and trust me you will quickly be very grateful that the rest of the world hasn't actually come to an end and that you will have some place to come back to, that you can then appreciate and make even better.

And IMHO this suggestion should be a 3 week annual requirement for all DOW, NASDAQ, S&P corporate execs and hedge fund managers, and Federal and State elected officials. AND for all the current and previous Federal Reserve members it should be a 6 month mandatory sabbatical effective immediately. That done I HEREBY PREDICT REAL CHANGE by May 2012

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
People have been predicting the end of day's since the begining of day's. There will be no global event, that's just people's fantasies.

In my opinion the reason so many people want govt. and society to collapse is so they can run aroung looting and raping with impunity. Most i doubt would admit to it but i have no doubt theres plenty of sociopaths out there that do dream up this stuff.

Are you aware of the extinction of the dinosaurs?

Do you realize that it occurred rapidly? It was a fast paced cataclysm.

There is historical precedent for such events, there is evidence that they happened.

There is a lot of different ways that things can go wrong. I try to stay in the middle ground area, where I am aware of the possibilities but prefer to remain within the shades of gray.

Saying it will happen, is just as poor form as saying it will not happen. You do not know as a fact, it's merely your wishful thinking and fantasies that cause you to assert conclusively that no event will happen. Are you a prophet now too?

Also, government is the largest purveyor of death, rape , and theft historically. Look at the facts.
USSR, Nazi Germany, Red China, Cambodia, Congo, etc etc.
And that's just the last 100 years.

Gov't is definitely the biggest murderer of all. They hand out licences to kill for crying out loud. If you are acting on behalf of your government, you have no responsibility or accountability, and you can get away with anything.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
First reply on ATS so cut me a little slack, but there seems to be a divide here on ATS. Many want a complete reboot of the system via some sort of cataclysmic event, whether it be by meteor, comet, rogue planet, plague, World War Tres, etc. And a **majority of the rest, while they agree there is something very wrong with this world, believe this global plight can be solved with action. I’m assuming they’re pro revolution (I would hope they weren’t naïve enough to think they could ballet a vote to fix this quandary). Unfortunately, for many, a revolutionary victory may seem impossible. After all, they (the white gloved chaps with an affinity for giant owls and rubbing their hands together) have all the money, all the bombers, all the warships, and biological weaponry. They have the military, the best bunkers, and technology we could never compete against. The matter seems rather hopeless. Why go to war if a celestial body moving twenty-four thousand km/h can do the job for us?

The problem lies in the aftermath, assuming you survive the calamity in the first place. What comes next? The “elite” were hiding in their awesome bunkers whilst you were dodging burning debris like anvils in a Looney Toons cartoon. They have underground gardens to keep them fed, leaving you to decide which corpse looks the least disgusting at the moment, holding your bottle of Heinz ketchup. While you’re busy shooting daggers at every Tom, Dick, and Jane that eyeballs your shopping cart full of toiletries and guns you don’t have ammo for, they’re busy making bets on warring clans via satellite feed while they have a healthy dose of Cabin Boy to the sweets tunes of U2. Once they decide to emerge from their hobbit holes, while you’re malnourished and sleep deprived, you now get the epic task of doing battle with these people that were looking for a less than 50 mil population to keep control over (which has now been handed to them on a silver platter via our hopes and dreams played out a la ‘The Road’), and they’ve brought with them all of their cool toys to rule us with. So we get our disaster scenario, they get their inevitable win….. and that’s Jenga.

You may be saying; “Garkiniss, you’re a pessimist.” To which I reply, maybe a little, but remember this….
The world needs both optimists and pessimists. An optimist invented the airplane. A pessimist invented the parachute. There are two sides to every coin, and not understanding both sides of a situation is far more dangerous than any Elitist Plot.

**I say majority because there seems to be a few who believe the world is peachy. We call these people narcissists; they live happy, blind lives, and care not for the woes of the rest of the world. They live in bliss, and we all know what tree bliss grows on.

[post scriptum] I do have a theory as to why the New World Order… is it really new? How long has this been going on? Anywho, my apologies, I digress, and all of those other etiquette pleasantries. I do have a theory as to why they would want to do what it is they’re doing, but I’ll save it for a later, more appropriate thread, so as not to taint the subject of this fella’s good work.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

That was written so perfectly! And I think it really could not have been said better. I know I "Hope" for some great change to come along that might begin to set things on a better path. In a lot of ways it's been pretty quiet here on our little planet, for a very long time; " say about 2,000 years?" And it just feels like it's time for a change.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Great great OP...

I was thinking and trying to picture the whole of "issues" happening in the world right now and what that all meant. I won't go into all of that for obvious reasons but I thought of a few things that might help us view a solution for all theses problems.

Basically, yes the world is in bad shape right now, it's definitly not running for the good of all of mankind but for the interest of a few. It used to be pretty easy for theses few to keep a tight gasp on humanity and keep people controlled so that the changes happenning are thoses that they want.

But there's in my opinion a very big phenomenon happenning right now... It's mostly caused by two factors, the democratisation of information and the digital generations coming up.

We all know that the internet is changing the game but it seems to have a few effects that most people and organisations are un-aware of.. It is turning new generations into "socialists" or people with the feeling of being inter-veined or inter-connected with society. That's why we're seeing all theses great things coming out of the web but what we don't see is the soft, slow and passive change is has on all of us. It is basically weakening the whole concepts of self for a concept of collaboration. Also, goverments are being help more accountable because of that phenomenon and as a result, the whole system including corporations.

I think despite all the doom and gloom, this phenomenon is only at it's infancy and is set to grow. We're kind of at a transition right now, most of the population still doesn't have access to the internet or "the information grid" and some of the generations in power right now simply don't understand it and don't want to use it.

But 10-20-30 years from now, the majority of the population on earth will be connected by mobile technology and will be part of the discussion. That soft wind will be simply too strong to contain and control, mankind will drive it's societies through it. About the majority of people being connected, it's a fact, not just speculations, check google's zeitgiests on youtube.

The people and organisations controlling/manipulating makind right now ARE on the brink of being extinct UNLESS something major happens and that we get thrown back.

This whole issue is why it's so important to keep the internet free, open source and out of politics and regulations.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join