It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the World as we know it.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4
Here's the problem, most of the doom addicts who support and get excited over all the doom and gloom predictions seem to assume almost everyone else will die... except them (a few actually do have a death wish though). These folks have delusions of grandeur. They think they are special and have some destiny and the only thing holding them back is the #ty current world, when they're really not special at all. They keep talking about how they want a fresh start and they'd rather live in an post apocalyptic world yadayada. But you have to have a few screws loose to assume that if a disastrous world changing event happens, that kills of billions of people, somehow you'll be that hero that survives and roams around in the aftermath kicking ass and having fun in a new world.

These people watch too many zombie/post apocalypse movies and think they are going to be just like the survivors/hero in those movies when in reality they'll probably die before they even knew what hit them just like everyone else. What good is a "new world" if you're not alive to see it? You people need to stop thinking you'll survive through an apocalypse, it wouldn't be an apocalypse if it was that easy to survive.

So stupid to hope for the death of billions of your fellow man because you have this ridiculous delusion that you and your loved ones will survive just because you stocked up a few guns and some canned food in your basement and want it to happen. If it is an apocalyptic world changing event, there's an extremely high chance you will die too and then all your wishing and hoping to see a new world won't mean anything, you won't even exist anymore.

And not to mention to those who say always say they "feel the end is near" or "feel something big is coming", NO that feeling means NOTHING, people have felt like that FOREVER. Study history there's been people crying doom and gloom and predicting end of the world for thousands of years and it hasn't happened, you are no different than them it is just a part of humanity and largely an influence of religions. The only difference now is silly doom predictions can spread faster and wider now because of the internet. There's a bit of an increase of people spewing crap about the end of the world recently because of all the 2012 folklore but I remember right before 2000 there was a similar pick up in doom frenzy and then nothing happened and it died down a bit again, go figure.

See ya in 2013, sorry you're so selfish you can't appreciate your life for what it is and want billions of people to die for your own desires/beliefs of how the world should be. Hitler did too.
edit on 29-9-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

I'm one of those people you speak of... However.... I do not have a death wish or delusions of grandeur and I know I'm not special. I also do not wish to see a massive "culling" of the population.

I want change to the extent that people will see our civilization for what it is and change!

The good of a new world is not for me to see but it is for future generations.

Oh, and by the way ... Things are changing at an incredible speed and there IS something BIG coming BECAUSE things are changing so rapidly.

-A.S.-

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Yea. That's exactly what I think, and why I put out hope for any ELEnin, nibiru, WW3, or alien post out there.
It's not just our government, in the last 50 years these ideals have been burned into us. They are apart of who we are, even if we live in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, there will be many of us clinging to our greedy money ways of thinking. I'm taking about the UK, australia, SA too [because everyone knows I aimed that at amerika
]

There is no fix, only cleanse by fire. But personally I've felt that something 'big' would happen my whole life.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

welcome to ATS Garkiniss

now to the OP: good points of view mate! i agree with your thoughts...
but, i disagree that they all wish for disasters!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

See ya in 2013, sorry you're so depressed and selfish that you can't appreciate your life for what it is and want billions of people to die for your own desires/beliefs of how the world should be. Hitler felt the same way.
reply to post by darkest4

I like the cut of your jib Sir.

As I've seen more and more doomsday posts during my stay on ATS I've begun to realize there is an important gap in the logic of those who post about the end of the world.

If they really believed that the end of the world was on the way they would not be spending one minute posting on ATS. More then likely because they continue to post thread after thread, it tells me that they too have doubts about their own predictions. Doomspeakers and Drama queens.

edit on 29-9-2011 by Helmkat because: needed a S

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EmilNomel

Thank you, EmilNome. Your "Welcome", well... did its job.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

Uh pretty sure everyone wants a change for the better, but the OP and others said that's realistically not going to happen without "giant cataclysmic event to come and wipe the slate clean" and they are cheering for such an event, that was the whole point of this thread. These people are wishing for billions of people to die just because the current world doesn't match their personal opinion/desire of how the world should be. Hitler had the same feelings, the only difference is he had some power to act on those desires instead of just wish for them on a message board.

The irony is that the people most likely to survive a "giant cataclysmic event to come and wipe the slate clean" ARE "tptb". The rich and powerful who everyone is blaming for the worlds problems have a million times higher chance of surviving than anyone posting here. They are the ones who will be secure in deep underground, fully stocked bunkers/bases/facilities designed to survive such events while you're sitting in your houses dinky basement 10 feet underground that won't survive through an "giant cataclysmic event" (or everyone would survive and it wouldn't be apocalyptic/cataclysmic event in the first place) unless you get very lucky and are in some safe zone.

The rich and powerful are the ones who will have access to the best weaponry and supplies if and when it is safe to come out again. They will just seize power all over again and probably make starving little people who luckily survived elsewhere even more so their slaves.

Thus people who are thinking just because there is some "giant cataclysmic event" that the world will end up a better or fairer place, are not only selfish to want to erase the life and happiness of billions of people for their own view of how the world should be but also delusional.
edit on 29-9-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Kudos to the OP...Many of the doomers are not nuts...many have info that is supported by the scientific community. There are also many debunkers out there who are nuts. History always repeats itself and is going to happen very soon. There are too many tipping points out there to begin the cleansing of the earth. If you really think the near future is going to go on as it is today..you need to go back to the Bar and continue to get drunk..TPTB will continue to plan and keep you out..

Good Luck..

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I see what the OP means, though I have to disagree.

A lot of you have taken on the attitude "Bring it on, Ordo Ab Chao"; the very goal of the elites.

Congratulations, all those years you spent researching TPTB, you ended up not only shooting yourself in the head, but you got TPTB to put the bullet in the chamber for you...while stating how beautiful it all is. Congratulations on a complete subservient mindset that you fought against at the beginning but now you are all holding hands after accepting your all going to die.

The amount of "back-and-fourth" mindsets I have seen here throughout the years is incredible, saying one thing, then conforming to Order out of Chaos, playing into the very arms of the global elite; doing exactly what you said you wouldn't.

I don't know about you all, but I see a lot of hopeless people with their tail between their legs accepting mass death and global destruction...all because of theories.

This is my first post in a while, I just had to post in this thread because I see hopelessness.

People think ATS has been spreading depressive threads this last 6 months? Try the last 6 years, its all apart of the collective theories, discussion and research of every possible theory and scenario; and to a point - fact.

In short words, it's part of the job, deal with it; just don't spread your acceptance of Ordo Ab Chao on ATS trying to convert conspiracy theorists into lambs of destruction.
edit on 29/9/2011 by the_denv because: sp

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm afraid I didn't read all the replies, and I apologize if I'm radically out of sync.
But I really relate to the OP. It has been my thinking, for a while, that whether or not any huge change (that brings with it an equal amount of catastrophy) is or was destined or whatever, it is a strong enough desire right now in the collective consciousness that in one way or another we will bring it about.

I've been feeling it on an intuitional level for a long time, then noticed a pretty large part of the population that is conscious of it (on sites such as this), and recently, have been listening to everyone around me expressing it! People that know nothing of the many hypotheses on how such a thing would come to pass (they've never heard of Elenin, or the Mayan prophecy, or Nibiru, or whatever...) and they are repeating, "We can't continue like this. There's just no way. We have explored and tried every venue, things are just too screwed up now. We need to blow all this up and start again. There is no other option."

-And this isn't said (at least by the people I heard it from this week) in a state of fear or panic, or anger- it just seems like a rational statement of fact, or opinion that this needs to happen.

I believe we all play a big part in creating events and our reality, and with this many people focusing on something, at this point, it can't NOT happen. In whatever form it shall happen, it shall.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Millons of people before you have thought the same things...
And time goes on.
Nothing is going to happen out of the ordinary, yes we get earthquakes, yes we get tornadoes, yes we get hurricanes, but the likelyhood that within our short lifespan we'll see the end of the world are about 1 out of 1 millon.

We're occupying a timeframe of what, 100 years out of 4,000,000,000...

Do you know what this planet has been through in that span of time? Too bad you can't travel through time and see it. These little events would seem like hop scotch compared to some of the worst days this planet has seen in the past...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Aliens could bring us global peace not only doom. After a global direct contact or disclosure you arent american, french, chinese, jew or muslim anymore. You are human.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

It is born out of the knowledge that for the future to even have a future...this S *HYTE has got to go, and its dug in so deep, that it can only be fixed by a return to baseline. Just like a wild fire burns out the old to allow for a beautiful new beginning, so must our world "as we know it" go the way of the DoDo bird.

now see, that's the problem right there, assuming all our problems are so big there is no way out but for a world changing, civilization destroying, cataclysm.

Isn't that just giving yourself an excuse to not give a crap? Seriously, it's this just a cheap cop-out?

no folks, we can't make a difference, so don't bother trying, just wait for the Flood or the Comet and start over.

No, I refuse to cop out. i believe we CAN fix our world, it just requires EFFORT, much more effort than punching a TV remote button with your fat lazy finger searching for uncensored Jersey Shore episodes.

This doom-wishing nonsense is the same as religion to me, a convenient excuse to not do anything.

edit on 29-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by belsoember

That may be true, but if we can not find peace within ourselves, between nations...I'd hardly think an external race of beings would want anything to do with us. Aliens may not have the strategy of Americans, i.e. going into other countries and making domestic problems of other countries their business.

Then again, I know nothing, neither do any of us regarding alien exo-politics (not human exo-politics).

Pishyblankwaters: I agree with you wholeheartedly.
edit on 29/9/2011 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

You nailed it brother.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesquid

Before the Internet and sites like ATS, I have had the underlying feeling that the modern world as we know it will come to violent end in my life time (56). I used to day dream when i was younger that I needed to find a career that would be useful for a society that was rebuilding... Now I'm an engineer working on tech logy stuff that will probably not have much use, that is, if I were to survive a catastrophic event. Now recently, I've been have dreams that I and my family are caught in in huge tidle wave with accompanying flooding. I don't think we come out of it in the dreams. We are on the east coast and I've had very strong urge to move west (lived in Cali for 20 years) into Colorado. If not for me, then for my young son. But, this type of "irrational" behavior is just not acceptable in this world. What if quit my high paying job and move out there and nothing happens? My goal in now just to get my younger son off the east coast, for better or for worse. It kind of sucks out here anyway. My brother is in Colorado. Maybe he should go out there. Another thing that kind of scares me is that he's living with a friend who's VERY rich. I won't get intonhis friends back ground but it's legit. It old money from like grand parents. Anyway, he's built a reinforced mansion in the mountains above Denver. Has it's own cistern, filters the water from biological and nuclear polutains, air filters that do the same, food reserves and lots and lots of weapons. Makes me think, what do the ultra rich know that we don't. He's deffinatlly prepared for something.
Now, after several re occurring flood/Tsnami dreams, I read on ATS that some phycic is predicting the east coast is close to getting wiped out by a large wave (this is not a new prediction by the way) and I'm pleageud by an overall sense of dread, I don't know what to do.. I guess at this point, I just continue to work and provide. Maybe I have time to retire (6-7 years). Once I'm done working, I'm leaving the east and heading west...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Great post! I always felt that doomsday folk not only secretly hoped for a 'cleanse' of the planet in the form of a doomsday event, but also a break from the hell of their own lives. This is why you see a new doom thread every week, and we will undoubtedly see many more with people connecting random events together to spell 'doom'.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Thank you for that refreshing post!!! It's nice to see that others are having the same thoughts and feelings as me.

I'm so tired of seeing the potential of humanity, and how wonderful life could be, and then seeing humans mess it all up for eachother. My desires for a global, peaceful community where we all share the earth and her resorces is never going to manifest in my lifetime, I'm pretty sure. So, bring on whatever has to happen to make it all better. If that means I have to die, then so be it. I'm tired of working my butt off and still being poor, and then realizing that I'm richer than most people in this world. *sigh*

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
We are all already dead.
We are just walking corpses.
The walking dead.
Zombies.

If you think you can join the system to change it, you are deluding yourself. You will become it.

If you think you can use violence to punish the system, you are deluding yourself. You will be crushed.

If you think you can convince people of the error of their ways through diplomacy and dialogue, you are again deluding yourself. People usually only listen to what they want to hear.

So I can understand why people want everything to come to a cataclysmic end. It's a viable solution, however it is all based on luck and randomness. Odds are we are going to be stuck here and have to pay our bills next month.

Odds are life will go on as is, but we can look at it as we are stuck here or we can make the best of what is, hope for doom or live and be happy, money and power do not create happiness just as doom and gloom don't solve all your problems. You can't change the system but you can change your self, your desires and what makes you happy.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

One day the world will end, that day is not today or any time soon even if things get a little hectic the show will go on even if someone has to hit the reset button on the whole thing, eventually everybody will end up back here were we were at, sooner or latter. And some know that all this has been done before.

I walk the path so I know the gravity of the situation and I know its names and the numbers of those stars and what they all gravitate around, and also why they strive for an end, and if humanity and the human mass subconsciousness wishes and wills its own demise. It then shall be obliged. So be careful what you wish for.

As it stands right now, it is more along the labor pains of shifting into a new and changing wavelength. Like a kid who has seen things in a new light, so now he wants it all to go away, and makes a bunch of noise then puts his head in the sand least he see more of what he missed seeing when he only saw in the old light, in his tunnel, with his tunnel vision, the extent of his world was what was in front of the tunnels opening, but outside the tunnel everything is different. I know because I was and still am that kid, only on a different wavelength and about different things.

Much has changed and will change, some for good and some for bad, it just will take some time for people to fully see what is right in front of there faces. But such is life, and so it goes...ever on.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
A great post.
Nero fiddles while Rome burns.
he wonted to start over to. and thats what THEY wont to.
I think civilization has ended many times before.
and it will all ways go bad. so we Have to get it right!

even if some other animal evolved and took are please.
it would Still go bad!! why?
because of pack law. and the look after my self law.
I have read about Scotland's constantly running battles
with the next village. this would some times go to peace.
but not for long. and if the British invaded them.
they would all work to gather in peace.

this is very much like packs of wolfs.
the pack leader would get the first go at the meal.
and it would go down the pack. till it gets to the weakest.
just like humans.
humans like to think they are civilized.
but they still follow the animal instincts.
look after number one. and give the scraps to the rest.

so we must get it right.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join