The End of the World as we know it.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I completely agree with you Lono1. The past 6 months especially here on ATS it seems like it's the "All Doom All The Time" website.

I think also it has to do with fear; fear of the unknown. We are lied to so constantly by our government that we never know when they are telling the truth anymore; that's no way to live. I wish they'd just be honest with us, about everything, then when they say "Don't panic," we don't panic instead of taking the cynical John Cusack POV.

To TPTB: We are adults. If there are aliens coming to eat our faces, or a huge planet coming to snuff us out of existence, just let us know. Let us meet the future on our terms, standing on our feet like men, preparing to meet our maker in whatever way we see fit. Keep treating us like children (or insert mushroom analogy here,) and I guarantee you one thing: I'll pry the steel doors off of your DUMBS with my teeth to get at you and I won't be alone.
edit on 9/28/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

So good to know! Thanks to you both!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

and I guarantee you one thing: I'll pry the steel doors off of your DUMBS with my teeth to get at you and I won't be alone.
reply to post by OldCorp

OC...I love ya, Man...We think so much alike, its SKERRY!!

Semper Fi my brother Oathkeeper...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lono1

and I guarantee you one thing: I'll pry the steel doors off of your DUMBS with my teeth to get at you and I won't be alone.
reply to post by OldCorp

OC...I love ya, Man...We think so much alike, its SKERRY!!

Semper Fi my brother Oathkeeper...

We're both suffering from crotchetyoldmanitis.

Ooh Rah!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
There's definitely hope, there is definitely light shining through the darkness.

The Mayan Prophecies and 2012

Definitely a must read as far as this stuff goes I think.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Thank you for articulating how i have felt for a long time. It remindes me of one of my favorite Tool songs - Aenima. Just replace California with all the @#%$#!@ people of the world. See them all in Arizona Bay!

DC

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Great thread! What you said is really the truth in my opinion as well. It seems that there is a mechanism, an innate idea regarding why we are dealing (or fantasizing) with this end-of-the-world question often in our lifetime.. S&F

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Exactly my thoughts but I probably would not have stated it in such a well structured and eloquent way.

I totally agree with you that all us doomers are just tired of the status quo and wish to see a change but feel to hopeless to do anything except hope fore some sort of cataclysm to strike and enforce some necessary change.

Here is my contribution to the thread i think its very apt
edit on 29-9-2011 by demoncleaner because: damn spelling

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
A very good and piognant post, and very on topic for todays world.

I think underneath all the doomsayers and "end of the worlders" going on about how or when it's all going to happen are a bunch of real people yearning for one thing...
Change. We all want change, we all want things to change, even if it means a giant comet, world war or biblical flood would wipe the world's slate clean so we could all start again. And yes, were afraid, for our lives, for our futures and that of our families and friends.
But here's the interesting part people seem not to realise, there is only one instrument of change, and that is us. We as people can change things, can make a difference just by believing it so, by willing it to happen. And as each person believes it so, and turns to making that change happen, it will gain momentum. That is the crux of this "new mayan age", that the people, not the corrupt governments or the masters controlling them, can make that change. Unfortunately, the greater the task, the greater the power needed, the greater the time needed to bring about change.
We stand on that precipice now, we're heading in the right direction, keep believing people, don't give up hope, keep willing that change to happen, we will win in the end.

Remember, for the people, by the people.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I, also, have to agree with the OP and say how well that was stated. This is something I've been thinking a lot about as well. It's a desperation. A feeling of hopelessness that this life has made so little of a difference and has little chance of making a difference with the status quo. The mire of corruption is everywhere and fear and acceptance just keeps growing in everyone I know. When I was young, I wanted to have a large family very badly and now am quite happy to be childless as I can't imagine what I'd tell them to have a good life. I see the people protesting - TRYING to make a difference and just getting pummeled. No one dares to rebel out of fear. Even stepping out of line can cost us our mediocre jobs which no one can afford to lose

It just leaves this hope - as warped and mutated as it is - that something of giant proportions will level the playing field and stop the insanity that's tormenting every level of humanity. And it's just there. Because, there doesn't seem to BE another possibility other than the most realistic one where THIS just keeps getting worse until the balance of power is so distorted that it becomes accepted and normal.
I do hate it a little how there's this part of me that wants something big to happen. Because, no matter how much it might make things better in the long run, there's no preparation for the utterly gigantic amount of horror and loss that would come with it. I think that beyond the chances for physical survival, there is the incredible mental and emotional anguish that not a single member of this forum is prepared to cope with completely.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Yes, i too have felt it a lot of times, that this world is hard and i wanted a big change to come, but now i think this world offers a perfect experience for the evolution of the souls that incarnate here, we just have to be patient, make the most of our time, try our best, try to focus on the quality of our actions, and let the events unfold in its right time.
Cherish the day

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Biblically speaking, the Lord said he would never destroy the world again using a flood. Next time its going to be fire, and theres any number of anomalies that can cause a fire big enough to wipe out all life, but be of good cheer, because this fire that destroys the world will not come until he has taken whats left of mankind (that believes in Him) and place dus on a new "earth" with a new "heaven".

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
I completely agree with you Lono1. The past 6 months especially here on ATS it seems like it's the "All Doom All The Time" website.

I think also it has to do with fear; fear of the unknown. We are lied to so constantly by our government that we never know when they are telling the truth anymore; that's no way to live. I wish they'd just be honest with us, about everything, then when they say "Don't panic," we don't panic instead of taking the cynical John Cusack POV.

To TPTB: We are adults. If there are aliens coming to eat our faces, or a huge planet coming to snuff us out of existence, just let us know. Let us meet the future on our terms, standing on our feet like men, preparing to meet our maker in whatever way we see fit. Keep treating us like children (or insert mushroom analogy here,) and I guarantee you one thing: I'll pry the steel doors off of your DUMBS with my teeth to get at you and I won't be alone.
edit on 9/28/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

Isaiah 2:19 And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

They fear the coming of the Lord because his second coming will be the judgement, even though they have no need to fear Him if they could allow themselves to believe in Him. Even key people in the government fear the coming of the Lord, they think their deep underground bunkers will protect them from His wrath and they are wrong. They could be on the other side of the universe on that great and terrible day and it still would not save them.

The U.S. army has a saying. It goes like this: "A cave is a grave", that simple sentance speaks volumes.
edit on 29-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by Lono1

If you are correct and these disenfranchised doomsayers are temporarily insane, then it's plain lazy to expect an event to come along and fix everything for them, instead of getting off their asses and being the change they wish to see.

Judging by the amount of actual research they put into their doom & gloom scenarios (some mad guy on YouTube) to verify their theories as scientific fact, I can only conclude again that these are lazy people. And what's worse is that trusting someone you don't know on YouTube is the intellectual equivalent of taking candy from strangers.

I can't feel sorry for these people and I'm not prepared to give them a free pass for their transgressions as you would a child. In most cases, these are adults we're speaking about. It's time for them to raise the bar, act their age, be more accountable for their words and actions (The Boy Who Cried Wolf) and be more proactive in their communities instead of wasting their lives away on fantasy scenarios online that in many cases, only succeed in scaring other weak minded people.

Get it straight people... You are not warning the world of impending doom, you are creating viral fear memes that spread negativity. Way to change the world for the better!

IRM

Well said. Most people like to sit on their butts complain about what happens but do naff all about it. I especially dislike those who say "Oh I don't vote nobody has the same views as me". That is sooooo lazy. You hav two choices : 1. vote the party/person who most closely matches your views which requires you to research what they believe!! OR 2. Spoil your vote. I don't know about the US but in the UK spoilt ballots are counted so it's good way of protesting your vote.

Now what happens if the world is wiped clean or has a new start via some catastrophe. So we want millions of dead bodies, mass suffering for what? That is just plain sick. Humans have to live together in 3 basic ways, Anarchy (nobody rules, no rule of law, chaos, the bullies rule), Dictatorship (organised anarchy really! with one big bully or group) or Democracy. For all democracies flaws it is the best of all the imperfect choices.

So having established that Democracy is the only way of fairly organising society people have to engage with it. Basically: you get what you vote for OR you get what somebdy else votes for because you can't be bothered!

Now it's no use sitting there bitching about government in the control of the few with big bucks. So what!, scroll back to the UK early in the 20th century and you had the wigs and the tories where power was in the hands of the (quite literally) elite of society. Male elite at that. Along came organised labour (trade union NOT organised crime by the way in the UK) and they create a political party , the labour party, which has now become the second force in British politics.

Irrespective of your view of the Labour party it is an example that people can organise themselves to be represented in face of adversity. So stop bitching, get organised and start a new party and engage with democratic politics. All alternates are far worse.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
The world as I know it ended some time ago. This world I find my self in today is as foreign to me as any alien planet. I do not recognize this world.

I was born in the north east of England in 1972, the vietnam war still had three years to finish, black and white telly was still the norm and you could still go to a shop on the corner and buy sweets that the shop owner would way for you on scales, and the give it to you wrapped in a paper cone for ten pence.

The sony walkman was still a thing of the future and i would have to wait 12 years to get my first PC, a sinclair ZX81 with a huge plug in 16kb RAM.

Where i lived there was still zones demolished by the german bombers of WW2 that had never been rebuilt, and as kids we passed hour playing war amongst the rubble of what was once someones home. TV was gentle on kids and simple to understand, with no violence.

Now im a father with a kid of five, his world is SOOO different to mine.
Cartoons full of nothing but violence and fighting, war on every news channel, crime, drugs and "the end of the world is nigh" is all he'll have to grow up with.

As quoted by FIXER, i too feel an alien on my own planet. The world, my world, has changed. and not for the better. My age of innocence ended a long time ago along with the world i grew up in.
I only hope for a better future for my, and for all our sons.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Couldnt put it better myself, very well written.

I welcome any cataclysmic event that brings my family and friends out of this technology trace.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

If you are correct and these disenfranchised doomsayers are temporarily insane, then it's plain lazy to expect an event to come along and fix everything for them, instead of getting off their asses and being the change they wish to see

This is what I'm talking about. Instead of sitting around doing what we're told, wishing for change. We need to BE the change. I'm tired of people complaining with no solutions or even suggestions. Or people saying "Well if I were in charge....." thinking they have all the answer and meanwhile they're going to jobs they hate and feeding the machine just like everyone else.

Great op by the way, I totally agree.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Wonderfully put! Couldnt agree more

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Yes, I agree with you 100%
You said it very well:

...to flip the earthly "etch a sketch" over and shake...

That sounds just like the pole shift which we are expecting in the very near future!
Because there is no positive change on earth without destruction!

The many catastrophes that are coming in the "end times" (this fall and 2012) will:
1. Make us think in a more clear and effective manner.
2. Give us a chance to wake up from the deep slumber.
3. Help us and Gaia to ascend in the 5th dimension.

Stay positive and remember that "ALL THAT IS"
...potential and kinetic ENERGY.

Let there be Light!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lono1
So, It occurred to me today, amid the numerous "Sunspot" posts, and the "Obama in Denver" posts, and the "Nibiru/ELEnin" posts and all the other doom and gloom posts that appear here with ever-increasing frequency, that the popularity of TEOTWAWKI threads and fear mongering in general owes a large part of its momentum to "hope."

Now, by "hope" I do not mean the campaign promises of "he who shall remain nameless", but rather a growing desire to see all of the absurdity that is today's world come to an end in the most exciting way possible, and indeed (in my opinion) the only way to truly, once and for all, balance the scale, at least for a little while...

We all know that the corruption running rampant in all the worlds governments are not some "abberation" that only pops up every now and then, but a normal, everyday, and integral part of the status quo. The words "Government" and "Corruption" may as well be synonyms.

They (Corruption and Government) both run true and deep. And in their present state, they are both cancerous. Things are so far out of hand, in fact, that the process of election and voting could NEVER, NEVER, even begin to fix all that is wrong, no matter who or what puppett holds office.

Revolution is even a more horrific concept, because at this stage in the game, its very hard to differentiate between the oppressed and the oppressors - Everyone and no-one could easilly wear both hats at the same time. At least as far as everyone abstracting their own realities is concerned...that line is so very fuzzy that chaos is the only description I can think of to even attempt to visualize what could happen.

So, that brings me back to the point of this post, which is to address why it seems to me that everyone is so "hopeful" for some giant cataclysmic event to come and wipe the slate clean...to flip the earthly "etch a sketch" over and shake...

It is born out of the knowledge that for the future to even have a future...this S *HYTE has got to go, and its dug in so deep, that it can only be fixed by a return to baseline. Just like a wild fire burns out the old to allow for a beautiful new beginning, so must our world "as we know it" go the way of the DoDo bird.

I think we all subconsciously know in our hearts that the world needs another "Biblical Flood" and ELEnin, Nibiru, Meteors, Nuclear War or Aliens could be the 21st century "vehicle" that could deliver it...even if it is just wishful thinking.

So don't be too hard on the Nib-Tards, or ELEnoids. Let the Mayan-aise folk hold on to their hopes for a brighter tomorrow, because underneath the skin of every cynic - is a disappointed idealist.

And thats the truth... as "I" see it.

youre right.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join