It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the World as we know it.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+216 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
So, It occurred to me today, amid the numerous "Sunspot" posts, and the "Obama in Denver" posts, and the "Nibiru/ELEnin" posts and all the other doom and gloom posts that appear here with ever-increasing frequency, that the popularity of TEOTWAWKI threads and fear mongering in general owes a large part of its momentum to "hope."

Now, by "hope" I do not mean the campaign promises of "he who shall remain nameless", but rather a growing desire to see all of the absurdity that is today's world come to an end in the most exciting way possible, and indeed (in my opinion) the only way to truly, once and for all, balance the scale, at least for a little while...

We all know that the corruption running rampant in all the worlds governments are not some "abberation" that only pops up every now and then, but a normal, everyday, and integral part of the status quo. The words "Government" and "Corruption" may as well be synonyms.

They (Corruption and Government) both run true and deep. And in their present state, they are both cancerous. Things are so far out of hand, in fact, that the process of election and voting could NEVER, NEVER, even begin to fix all that is wrong, no matter who or what puppett holds office.

Revolution is even a more horrific concept, because at this stage in the game, its very hard to differentiate between the oppressed and the oppressors - Everyone and no-one could easilly wear both hats at the same time. At least as far as everyone abstracting their own realities is concerned...that line is so very fuzzy that chaos is the only description I can think of to even attempt to visualize what could happen.

So, that brings me back to the point of this post, which is to address why it seems to me that everyone is so "hopeful" for some giant cataclysmic event to come and wipe the slate clean...to flip the earthly "etch a sketch" over and shake...

It is born out of the knowledge that for the future to even have a future...this S *HYTE has got to go, and its dug in so deep, that it can only be fixed by a return to baseline. Just like a wild fire burns out the old to allow for a beautiful new beginning, so must our world "as we know it" go the way of the DoDo bird.

I think we all subconsciously know in our hearts that the world needs another "Biblical Flood" and ELEnin, Nibiru, Meteors, Nuclear War or Aliens could be the 21st century "vehicle" that could deliver it...even if it is just wishful thinking.

So don't be too hard on the Nib-Tards, or ELEnoids. Let the Mayan-aise folk hold on to their hopes for a brighter tomorrow, because underneath the skin of every cynic - is a disappointed idealist.

And thats the truth... as "I" see it.

edit on 29-9-2011 by Gazrok because: edit of all caps

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well written. But everyone who reads this will be thinking..."I'm on the winning side." Or "I'm a survivor."

Gonna be a lot of disappointed folk out there if it ever happens.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thank you for your well written explanation as to why all the "Doomsday" entries. I have to agree with you on your assessment because I can safely say people are tired of the madness, the unnatural madness that engulfs them daily. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say this "s*** has got to end can't take it anymore. Societies that are filled with debauchery, lies, deceit, greed, selfishness, hatred, and is out of "balance" with nature is a society that time has ran out on.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Wonderful post.

Sadly though, the usual, more unnatural event is war.

I think we are approaching a Perfect Storm right now. The Domino's are falling in place for something we have not seen since WW2 in fact.

We have all the players in place. Egypt is unstable. Pakistan is unstable. Syria is unstable. Libya I don't see as a player. Turkey is being incited against Israel by a carefully orchestrated plan with its roots coming from one of Obama's old cohorts, Bill Ayers and his manipulation of the fake Flotillas. The Islamic Extremists are ready to go, right now. The anti-semitic bunch are unexplainably(sp?) uniting with the Islamic Extremists while ignoring the fact they are also on radar for the Jihad, unless of course they are all planning on turning Muslim.

I think that is more how a real reset will occur. My one cent worth. Sadly the innocent Muslim people I think will be hit the worst.
edit on 9/28/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Truth! I've been thinking that for a long time. Whether I make it or not, the end result is better than the prison of society right now!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
That # was to point and as far as i am concerned beautiful,

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Very nicely expressed!
I would beg to differ on the "most exciting way possible" method of change, I'd rather things be non-violent but I watch all these threads hoping to see a crack in the wall, a glimpse of a future without the boot in the faces of my grandchildren.
At the current rate that is all the future holds and even worse that I could imagine.
Freedom and privacy are long gone and with it went our dignity, creativity and hope.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Thanks everyone, I was wondering if it was just me that was thinking that way. I have always felt like if something huge were to happen, that I would still be here (maybe growing a third arm out of the top of my head or wandering the earth with a pet cockroach like Wall-E) but even if I wasnt, that would be OK too...Something has to give, and I just hope those who come after will avoid any of the countless mistakes that we made, but there I am being a idealist again...

We as humanity have been given so many wonderful things, and we have just about corrupted everything.

Its a shame, really. Life is so beautiful.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by earthart

Thank you. Very Much.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I am with you COMPLETELY. I keep looking for hope, but mostly see a bleak tomorrow...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
A cataclysm isnt my hope or desire in any way shape or form. I like the NFL, cold beer, and the comforts of life. I just see a "change" as inevitable for all the reasons already regurgitated on this and other forums. The Op has even been rehashed, and re posted over the years with only slight revisions.

Im a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. That certain people respond and are motivated by certain stimuli. That there is a ton of underlying information for every action and decision a human makes. A persons subconscious knows and creates action based on this knowledge.

many people respond to the op in the "fate" way. Its fate that they will die in the "event" or die soon after. many are emboldened and will prepare only to lack the skills to navigate the new world. many wont prepare in terms of food etc. at all, but in simply thinking about some large change in the status quo, will prepare mentally. You may be a non prepper but be smart and happen upon a cache of food assembled by someone who didnt have the mental skills to make it. There are thousands of scenarios, and everyone plays their part in the final story.

So relax. play your part. Do what you feel you should in your heart. the world will go on. Most moths are drawn to the flame, some are born blind.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Indeed, recent world events are certainly lining up for the proverbial dominoes to start tumbling. My concerns have recently been on the Israel/Palestine conflicts. Palestine wants statehood, and it seems the rest of the world is backing their bid. Israel wants Jerusalem because they believe it is their biblical birthright and will gladly obliterate, or rather, 'ethically cleanse' the Palestinians. Israel made it abundantly clear they will go to war if Palestine gains statehood. That will light the fuse on this Armageddon we're all expecting.

In regards to the OP, your thoughts remind me of a scene from the cult classic Fight Club and the sick desperation of Jack as he prays for a mid air collision when his plane is experiencing turbulence. I think we've all felt like Jack at one point when we've had enough of the corruption, greed, lies, manipulation, and oppression. Of course, I believe when the crap really does hits the conventional fan, we'll all be Jack's 'complete lack of surprise'...

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

If you are correct and these disenfranchised doomsayers are temporarily insane, then it's plain lazy to expect an event to come along and fix everything for them, instead of getting off their asses and being the change they wish to see.

Judging by the amount of actual research they put into their doom & gloom scenarios (some mad guy on YouTube) to verify their theories as scientific fact, I can only conclude again that these are lazy people. And what's worse is that trusting someone you don't know on YouTube is the intellectual equivalent of taking candy from strangers.

I can't feel sorry for these people and I'm not prepared to give them a free pass for their transgressions as you would a child. In most cases, these are adults we're speaking about. It's time for them to raise the bar, act their age, be more accountable for their words and actions (The Boy Who Cried Wolf) and be more proactive in their communities instead of wasting their lives away on fantasy scenarios online that in many cases, only succeed in scaring other weak minded people.

Get it straight people... You are not warning the world of impending doom, you are creating viral fear memes that spread negativity. Way to change the world for the better!

IRM

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Thank you for the well written thread,

Change is immanent and is coming. Mayans weren't wrong when they said we were entering a new age. And i can't help but agree.

Embrace this coming of age...

Peace
edit on 28-9-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: forgot to add you, in thank you

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The world as I know it ended some time ago. This world I find my self in today is as foreign to me as any alien planet. I do not recognize this world.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I fully agree with the OP. I do hope for a better tomorrow and that's a part of why I entertain these ideas.

There is only one outcome if we maintain our present course IMO. The hope is that we can pull over for a while and sort things out, but I think at this point only a disaster would wake people from their slumber.

On the other hand, I know it will all turn out ok in the end. I still believe we have a bright future ahead of us. I may die but if that's the case then so be it. I'm just getting impatient waiting - instead I should be out there making the world a better place, but I am a hypocrite.

btw my belief is in the Apocalypse and I can't wait. Apocalypse as in "Great Unveiling". Bring it on

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I can't believe that this video hasn't been posted yet.....

edit on 28-9-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
very well written and expressed..

i stand proudly and say that i am one of those who believe that the "most exciting way possible" is the only hope now. everything is different but nothing has changed..will it? even a catastrophe if not massive enough will mean little. every four years and 'new hope' dawns, but nothing changes. technology advances bringing us 'closer' without ever meeting face to face. humanity still holds on dearly to transgressions of the past. govts still throw all that they have to keep people complacant, naive, no time to think..gotta keep up with the jones. govt still fight wars that the people dont want, 'its for your own good, for freedom'.

the slow gradual change in human consciousness creeps forward, slowly engulfing those that wish to see, angering those that dont but never moving fast enough to overcome those that lead the masses. everything is different but nothing has changed. even the 'most exciting way possible' is no guarantee that anything will change but, it will shake the mass out of slumber, it will put leadership in chaos and there will be a very steep learning curve. there are times when you just have to start over, no trying to modify the structure or to re-enforce the structure or ingenious designs to live with the structure...sometimes, ya just gotta start over.

i believe (belief: an opionion held as fact) that we are at or very near that point. one just has to look at the world around them, the big picture and the small picture...everything is different but nothing has changed. we seem to be stuck, spinning our wheels, so-to-speak, hoping that there is change but never experiencing it. i believe we are at a point were poeple dont want to put effort into life anymore..take the easy road, dont look to far to the side, dont look in the corners and never go to the basement...it seems to be that the only time humanity does 'good' is when humanity has screwed something up.

that said...everything is different but nothing has changed......

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

That was a real pleasure to read. You express yourself so beautifully.

Here's what I'm hoping will happen. I hope the Sun wipes out everything electronic. Everything. Phones. ATMs. Gas Pumps, Internet, Radar. Satellites and everything in between.

Sure, it'll be ugly at first with cops standing on every corner but after a while, they won't be able to communicate or perform effectively either.
And looting will probably take place. Let it. "Things" won't matter. So let them steal the computers, cars, jewels and money. They won't be able to run them. And jewelry and money won't have no value anyway.

I would really like to see something like that take place. It'll probably take years to readjust from 'every man for himself' to a more communal-like mind-set but I think (besides something lethal happening to people) this is our best bet!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

We both posted the same opening lines at the same time! Cool!
See OP? You effectuated the same sentiment from two different people!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join