It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the World as we know it.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
INRI

"Iesvs Nazarenvs Rex Ivdaeorvm."

"Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews." ?

orrrrrrrrrrrr

Igne Natura Renovatur Integra

All Nature Will Be Renewed By Fire;

I'ma go with Nature.
edit on 29-9-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hmmm... It seems that most people want a SHTF scenario to play out for one simple reason. Their lives suck and they want to feel like they are part of some cosmic plan. The world is not going to end. Not by Elenin, or planet x, or a sunspot, or by aliens. It's not about hope. It's a pathetic attempt to feel that their lives mean something when in reality, they don't. Everyone who stocks up on food, has a bug-out bag, or has sold off all of their personal possessions to build a bunker somewhere is wasting their money and buying into the narrative that TPTB are spreading. WAKE UP FOR REAL! Realize that all of this doom and gloom spreading is just another way for them to siphon more money out of the working people and into the hands of the mega-rich.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It is probably impossible to turn the world we live in around sad fact the best thing that can happen is for us to crash and burn. Real rebirth and screw that bit about the rich are prepared they are going to come back and rules us bs. The strong will survive plain and simpleit doesnt even matter how much you prepare it matter how well you can survive. I personally am not going to spend the next 20 yrs in a hole eating beani weenies. The problem with this world is not just TPTB the powers that let be we are all sheep doing nothing about the greed and corruption in the world because really most of us want to be the same way. The only true life is to get back to nature the human race is nothing but a cancerous bacteria on the world consuming and destroying everything in our path because we always want more.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

To those who would say we need to have some type of revolution and not rely on some outside event to change things for us, I say we will be #####ed if we try to do that! Our numbers and military power (I would assume) would never come close to the level of the world's governments..
I'm almost positive they want us to revolt just so they can implement martial law or something similar.
I realllly don't think that's the answer.

Though I don't know what it is, if it isn't something like floods/earthquakes/Elenin.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Oh I don't know, I think the fearmongers who use comets, earthquakes and other events as their vehicle to spead negativty and ignorance do deserve a hard time, or a least a spanking with the paddle of truth and knowledge. You may see them as Idealists in Doomsayers clothing but I do not. As a race we have a lot of monkies on our collective backs and that is why the catchphrase of ATS is so important.

Deny Ignorance.

Some on this site are true champions of that phrase, others think they serve it but are in fact the very opposite.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nihonjindesu08
reply to post by Lono1

To those who would say we need to have some type of revolution and not rely on some outside event to change things for us, I say we will be #####ed if we try to do that!

No doubt referring to me there old chum. In rebuttal, I say

If You're Not Part Of The Solution, You're Part Of The Problem!

So what do you plan to do until the alleged 'extinction level event'? Nothing? No solutions? It all seems like too much effort perhaps?

IRM

edit on 29/9/11 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Well written. F&S from me bubb…!

Times have been tuff for many. More so for the middle and lower class. If something “world changing” could for one moment bring down the TPTB, many would feel a sense of relief. The proverbial…”If I’m going down, you insensitive power hungry ba$tards are going down with the rest of us”! No matter what hole or how deep you bury yourselves in it, you guys are going to bite it as well. Americans are tired of being walked all over by those who claim they know what’s best for the rest of us. And if some way we can walk away from the ashes, those who have suffered the most will be able to endure better than the rest...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Forgive me for not directly addressing the topic and saying that the opening post I just read was the most brilliant post I believe I have ever read here.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
this world needs love not destruction. please stop spreading fear!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

I think we're resorting to hoping for a big event because we've given up on ourselves! We can do it, as long as one star shines through the clouds, hope remains (A little saying that came to me a while back when I was feeling hopeless, looked up, and saw but one star shining through the clouds.)

""Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead."

"All it takes right now is a choice between love and fear. Fear wants you to buy bigger locks on your doors, buy bigger guns, separate yourself from humanity. The eyes of love, instead see us all as one and we can explore space together forever, inner and outer"

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
End of the world this, end of the world that! Who cares? Just live your life mun.

Oh yea by the way, isnt that Comet Elenin or what ever its name gonna miss Earth?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Hear, hear!

I think your words hits the heart of allot of people. Sadly enough a fresh start and a common goal is needed to reunite mankind.
If it happens, lets then try to spread some love and compassion instead.
edit on 29-9-2011 by LiberalSceptic because: Poor grammar.

edit on 29-9-2011 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I am in total agreement with the OP. People want the end times to come because we know the status quo is totally wrong, everyone around the world is suffering and oppressed in one way or another and all any of us want is to be free.

These days the upper class and the lower class are more separated than ever, even middle class folks are living paycheck to paycheck and even those fortunate enough to have a steady career spend half their lives in debt from the money involved in getting to that point.

People are hoping for something to even the playing field, and it seems like nothing short of the end of the world will put us there.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
ARGGGGGGHHHHH, oh, no, we're all going to die!!!!! RUN!!!!!!!
A new age is coming. Unfortunately, for those, like the OP, who are filled with negativity, the world will indeed "end" for them.....

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Wow, amazing post.

I always said that humanity secretly craves an apocalypse of some sort. But I never really thought about why. When you think about the movies, stories we read, or even the ancient past events. It clearly shows our desire for such things.

They say God created man in his/her image. If this is true, perhaps the wrath of God is also inside us. But be careful what you wish for. Because if we do have the ability to manifest things with just a thought or even subconsciously. Imagine what a whole population who wishes for a cataclysm would do.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
As I come closer to the idea of my own mortality, the prospect of dying with everyone else, gives solace to the idea of death.

What I mean is, I watched my mother at 54, dwindle away and die from cancer. That is a bleak bleak realization of how it all ends. 1 person with family watching.

The prospect of everyone dying together, in some mass event, really does give solace to the idea of dying and our own mortality.

The other way, doesn't leave much hope as to what is at the end...

Dying alone is bleak.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Wonderful post.

Sadly though, the usual, more unnatural event is war.

I think we are approaching a Perfect Storm right now. The Domino's are falling in place for something we have not seen since WW2 in fact.

We have all the players in place. Egypt is unstable. Pakistan is unstable. Syria is unstable. Libya I don't see as a player. Turkey is being incited against Israel by a carefully orchestrated plan with its roots coming from one of Obama's old cohorts, Bill Ayers and his manipulation of the fake Flotillas. The Islamic Extremists are ready to go, right now. The anti-semitic bunch are unexplainably(sp?) uniting with the Islamic Extremists while ignoring the fact they are also on radar for the Jihad, unless of course they are all planning on turning Muslim.

I think that is more how a real reset will occur. My one cent worth. Sadly the innocent Muslim people I think will be hit the worst.
edit on 9/28/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

I have never seen so many financial band-aids being handed out all over the place.
The ending is the same. It looks like we are just delaying the inevitable.
The Greek mess is the best example.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think nothing will happen to end life on this planet, I'm starting to lean more on the quantum physics side of things where we are living in a holographic universe like a "Matrix" the rulers of the Matrix need us to feed on. Without us there is no them. Once all this passes there will be just something else to fear, the one thing that is true about dooms day predictions is that they have always been around, early 20th century comet pills for fear that a comets dust would rain down cyanide on people, nuclear holocaust, global warming, y2k, terrorism, Elenin, Nibiru, 2012, etc.. etc.. in 2013 what will be the new thing to fear, what will be the new Deep Impact movie of the time, or will we stop subscribing to theroy's on life ending and start living without fear?
edit on 29-9-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Nicely writen and true in so many ways it sucks because i can't figure out a way to fix the system either. other than a 2nd shay revolution or french revolution or you could revoke any law that gives foreign banks power or threatens the soverty of the country and its people. The people run the country i bet a president would win with a motto if the banks kicked you out vote for me and we will kick the banks out. I know some think that would never happen but I'm sure it would work just do to sheer numbers of people that lost everything to a bank.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Great post. I totally agree.That is why I like this site. When I think I am the only one thinking this way I read ATS and feel better.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join