It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the World as we know it.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster
reply to post by Deetermined

And that's the problem I have with the fundamentalists who have annexed Christianity - it's not about how you live any more, it's about belonging to the Jesus club, and basically rubbing your hands with glee at the fate which awaits all people outside the membership. From my poor atheist's point of view, I always thought Christianity was meant to be a faith of universal love and forgiveness, particularly forgiveness of enemies. All I see in the fundamentalist mindset is hatred.

It saddens me that so many Atheists view Christians this way today, but I know it to be true. I believe this too is a sign of the times that we're living in today. I strongly reject the word hatred that every Atheist I have come across uses. This seems to be a popular word with them. I can't help but think this may be a deep feeling within themselves that makes them feel like everyone else is projecting it. In every discussion I've been in, they're the only ones using it and while calling other people names. I don't understand. This is something that I should pray about.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
The greatest horrors of mankind, are brought about by religion ... people who want to bring about democracy to others, bring about christianity to others, bring about faith of muhammed to others ... it's almost like watching a movie Chronicles of Riddick, - join us or perish - attitude.

The universe is a vast context, within it there are planets and stars, systems that vary from the small to the huge. And all of these grow, they start out as a single bubble in space, and grow to hold plasma, into become planets. And although this is not tought to you, these planets grow and become stars, and stars grow and become ... supernovas.

This earth grows, and eventually it will become something majestic. Your purpose, and mine, is simply to be the digestive system of this planet. So if you believe in God, God is either this plnaet, or the Universe ... and neither this planet, nor the Universe is governed, dictated or benefitted from the doings of men. Eventually this planet will grow, to such a point that all life on it, as we know it, will become extinct ... life, will evolve to something else ...
Listening to religion, is listening to the words of the thugs.

Whose country is this, we live in? Mine? Yours? From the day I can do work, I have to pay taxes ... when I drive on these roads, I have to pay road taxes, and when I buy my house, I have to pay taxes. I am merely a tenant, in this country ... a tenant, paying tribute to someone ... and it sure ain't me. My children can go to school, and I can have a welfare check ... but both of these, are not meant to benefit me, but to benefit my King. As long as I have food on the table, and my children can go to school ... I am unlikely to raise hell, and make a revolution ... as was done before.

This isn't my country ... I'm just a tenant here ... this isn't my house, I'm just leasing it ... and the landlord, is making up rules, and using psychology to make me a good tenant. But to him, a good tenant, is one who pays his bills, and doesn't make much fuzz ... fuzz means, extended costs, and the landlord doesn't like it.

Wake up ...

edit on 1-10-2011 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

It's really not about "pushing" Christianity onto others. It's just a sharing that either resonates with someone or it doesn't. It is our explanation for why this planet and universe exists in the first place. You might believe that everything was created from nothing, but how do you explain the origination of emotion and critical thinking? It originates within our spirit and a complex brain. Nothing in this world or universe is capable of creating that on it's own.

And yes, we are all "tenants" here on this earth because we were never meant to stay here for eternity anyway.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
reply to post by CosmicWaterGate

oh yeah....
See U on the flip
side

P.S
Nice UbO!ObTube channel by the way

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by CosmicWaterGate

What in the world is your point? I'm merely pointing out why people are starting to feel disconnected from this world and feel the need to start over.
I .combat agree with U... Nothing like a good Horn Book Law spanking to get us all back to reality... I really don't want to bring up the 'Come Hell Or High Water Clause' in all of your sign your soul away to Satan contracts... But nobody escapes with death or eugenics

Mr X-ULTRA/DUMB... But smart enough to know the world is a carcass... So sorry... me can't write English... Activating my Voice2Skull translator... Now where is your brain at... PING... PING...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

I think we all subconsciously know in our hearts that the world needs another "Biblical Flood" and ELEnin, Nibiru, Meteors, Nuclear War or Aliens could be the 21st century "vehicle" that could deliver it...even if it is just wishful thinking.

Ok but then we would die without a savior of man kind...

Jesus is savior.
edit on 1-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Would you like to enlighten us on your theory on how we came to be here or on any planet where we could have migrated from . Could you explain how DNA magically appeared along with a living cell for it to grow . DNA does not occur randomly nor a living cell for it to develop . Now if by a chance of 1 in a trillion a DNA/Cell did occur and start to multiply what makes you think it would survive to evolve . If it divided and started to grow it is a single organism that will likely die out before any evolution could happen . I don't believe science has not noted a single evolved organism from observation over a hundred year span except if you want to call it a virus . But its still the same virus .Abiogenesis is a theory that people cling to but it requires DNA and that does not happen randomly . So old Carl Sagan would always throw in a billion years so that no one could rationalize what would be possible with that time span . The Radio Carbon 14 system of dating articles is severly flawed . This was the statement of the scientist that developed it . At the extreme limit Carbon Dating , it might be good for 60,000 years .There seems to be a lot of false claims made , then accepted as fact by the science community and then later found to be false . Man is smart but not able to back engineer creation . That is exactly what man is trying to do but with the exclusion of a Supreme Being called God . When you are contemplating the big bang theory , contemplate where the materials came from that you intend to put into motion and where is this point of beginning in relationship to what . The fact is that you nor anyone else can fathom these questions , how could you have the answers . The Bible has offered the best explanation . The vanity of man , pride has always been his down fall and your too .

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Why should I have to explain, or even be expected to answer the origins of creation? To have a belief, it is formed over time through education and experience. My opinions, assumptions and speculations on the subject at the end of the day mean nothing. Nevertheless, They are mine. One thing I do know for sure is that the Universe does not revolve around your earth based, Human thought up fairy tale. Nor the book that was written by earlier Men in order to promote the greatest lie ever told. ~SheopleNation

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

So then you prefer to live in the absence of truth rather than the wisdom of truth . You prefer not to search out truth but to live in your own reality . You are not alone . There are many . Most of them have a vice that prohibits their belief or one that they have something that they just can't give up and take up the bible . But dude party on , thats your right but why do you take your valuable time to try to rain on others parade . Whats the point of it ? Are you trying to convince yourself that your right ?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

there seems to be a number of things coming at us, if they dove tail at the same time, I guess we'll have to wait and see. I know for a fact that there is going to be a civil war in this country again! then there is the question of natural earth changes, lots of events in what were quiet geological areas. I do not know when the war will start or what will light the fuse, seems to me its' already burning. millions will die in this conflict. so for all of you out there reading this get yourself/families ready. there will be places where women and children will have shelter, safe havens. you must prepare mentally for the worst.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Why should I have to explain, or even be expected to answer the origins of creation? To have a belief, it is formed over time through education and experience. My opinions, assumptions and speculations on the subject at the end of the day mean nothing. Nevertheless, They are mine. One thing I do know for sure is that the Universe does not revolve around your earth based, Human thought up fairy tale. Nor the book that was written by earlier Men in order to promote the greatest lie ever told. ~SheopleNation

Just as you said, this is only your opinion, and you know nothing for sure. Otherwise, you'd be able to explain your opinion.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
SheopleNation, might I suggest looking up www.100prophecies.org for information regarding prophecies in the Bible that have been fulfilled. Wake up and look around you. Start reading current events regarding Israel. More prophecies regarding Israel are about to be fulfilled according to the Bible. Don't blind yourself.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Your mistakes are simply awesome. Clearly, you do not understand living creatures. Did you know that some do not contain DNA? You are also confusing abiogenesis and evolution. You are also assuming that the first life had to be a cell. You are also wrong about C14 being flawed.

Your claim that god is necessary is really what this is all about. You are trying to justify god.

The problem is not god or the supernatural, but your claim that the bible is in any way right. There are so many flaws with thebible it isn't funny. Take exodus. Didn't happen. Take the flood. That didn't happen. There is so evidence for either of these two stories except the bible.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

People have been claiming fulfillment of prophecies for centuries. It is meaningless drivel then and it is today.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

People have been claiming fulfillment of prophecies for centuries. It is meaningless drivel then and it is today.

You obviously didn't check the website or compare Bible verses against history and other texts.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

There really is no need to see the next shoehorning efforts. Been happening for centuries.

Do we need a list of fools that have been doing this?
1. Camping
2. Miller
3. Lindsey
4. Ezekiel - his prophecy that Tyre would fall and never be rebuilt, that the Nile would dry up
5. Isaiah - his prophecy of a temporary destruction of Tyre (obviously he contradicts Ezekiel)

Why would anyone go looking for the prophecies when the bible does not even match the archaeological and geological record? There was no global flood and there was no Exodus.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Where do you get your information? Even the History channel did a scientific documentary showing evidence of the flood. Are you going to tell me next that the Dead Sea Scrolls aren't archaeological evidence too?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

The history channel is often called the Hysteria channel due to the broadcasting of junk documentaries.

If you think that some show you saw was anything other than a typical mockumentary then please on with the evidence. One of the biggest problems with the flood claims is that there is no evidence in the geological record for a worldwide extinction. You can find continuous human settlements across all times in the archaeological record. There is no break. There is no break in Egyptian building.

If this movie you saw had real evidence such as a recent global extinction of all land animals and the subsequent deposition of a global layer of flood debris bring it on.

Which one of the dozens of time periods assigned to the flood are you going to pick? Which pharoah are you going to drown? Which Egyptian construction are you going to have to claim was done by drowned people?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Actually someone has sold you on a lot more corruption in government than is there. Most of the people who work in government are middle class folks. Like you they work hard for their pay. Like you THESE GOVERNMENT WORKERS PAY TAXES. But unlike you, they are under attack right now by Republicans and Teabaggers; the sort of people who, no matter how much they have, think they deserve more and someone else show go without to provide it to them. Still the typical government line worker gets out of bed in the morning because, like you, she/he loves their country, state, or municipality.

Now where corruption lives breathes and truly has its being is in private business and particularly in large corporations. Indeed the largest corporations are often more powerful and have more resources than a good many national governments.

It is the agents of corporations (i.e. lobbyists) who continually remind our Solons (i.e. CongressCritters) that they will need a job the day after the election they lose. The CongCritters know that Armani Suit/Gucci loafer job is waiting for them as long as they play ball with the big money while in office.

Now I know it's easy to complain about the government because we all own a piece of it. But if you think Big Government is expensive just replace it with Big Greedy Corporations and then look out.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
So then you prefer to live in the absence of truth rather than the wisdom of truth . You prefer not to search out truth but to live in your own reality .

Oh ok, Now it's about me, not whether you follow a false idea or not? Typical. So, Was this drivel your weak minded attempt at looking intelligent? The truth is exactly what it's all about. Too bad you can't handle the truth.

You are not alone . There are many . Most of them have a vice that prohibits their belief or one that they have something that they just can't give up and take up the bible . But dude party on , thats your right but why do you take your valuable time to try to rain on others parade.

More drivel based on assumptions. I don't drink, and just because it took you becoming a drunk to find your false Lord doesn't mean others can't fall for the lie all on their own.

Whats the point of it ? Are you trying to convince yourself that your right ?

Quite the contrary actually, I am trying to convince you that you're wrong. You simply feel the need to believe in a fairytale in order to make yourself feel safe and secure. Like I said before, It's not personal but your God will not save you. Only you can save you. The Universe does not revolve around some man made lie. If the end of the World ever comes, it will be by Natural Law. ~SheopleNation
edit on 3-10-2011 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
[Just as you said, this is only your opinion, and you know nothing for sure. Otherwise, you'd be able to explain your opinion.

Yay. That's like me asking you to prove that your God exists, because you can't. Why no mention of Dinosaurs in your all knowing Bible? Answer = Because Paleontology didn't exist yet. It's called Science backed up with fact. Now you have your truth. Unless on the 6th day God created Adam and the Dinosaurs? Something tells me that would not have turned out good for Adam. Something impacting Earth from space most likely wiped them out. ~SheopleNation
edit on 3-10-2011 by SheopleNation because: TypO

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join