It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the World as we know it.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
The great Flood: the Sumerian story

So it's clear then that you recognize The ancient Sumerians. However, have you seen the drawings upon their dug up walls my friend? If anything connected to your beloved babylonian empire can ever open your eyes to the Cosmic God, which is the Universe, I can't imagine why it would not be them? After all, They are the first contacted receivers of the true Gods, or true Cosmic rulers, The Annunaki. ~SheopleNation

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
"Sumerian King List"

"Covers rulers of Mesopotamia from a time "before the flood" up to the fall of the Isin Dynasty. For many early city/states it is the only source of chronological data. A major problem is that many early rulers are listed with fantastically long reigns. There has been some speculation that this stems from an error transcribing from the base 60 arithmetic of the Sumerians to the decimal based system of the later Akkadians."

"Over time, key documents like the Sumerian King List were repeatedly copied across the generations. As a result, there are sometimes multiple versions of a chronological source that differ from each other. It can be very hard to determine which version is correct."

So based on my study, yes, even the Sumerians believed in God. This does not prove that the "Universe is God". It only proves that they believed in God long before Jesus walked the earth to explain his existence and plans for mankind. God created the universe.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
"The Catastrophic End of the Early Bronze Age"

ancientdestructions.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
"So here is our challenge. How do we explain these dreadful cataclysms that decimated mankind. Conventional science is a lost puppy. It rejects mythology. It clings to outmoded scientific concepts. It is bogged down in theory laden ideas. Come with us as we reveal the truth. What happens on planet Earth today is nothing compared to events of the recent past? It is time to challenge some of the fundamentals of science. Darwin’s concept of uniformitarianism or slow adaptive evolution is plainly wrong. New paradigms are needed. The age of cataclysmic evolution and the mechanics of the chaotic electric solar system have arrived. As we develop our arguments in the next episodes we will reveal the glaring truth. How have we been so blind? "

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist
[more The bible says that a day with the Lord is as a thousand years to us .We dont know just how old the earth is .But don't let that cloud the issue of creation . God said let the waters bring forth abundant life . This life lives in the seas and flies in the air . Then he said let the earth bring forth life that creepeth on the earth . Now for an evolutionist this could be taken that there is a direct link and possibly a genetic connection shared by the creatures of the 2 creations . BUT then God said now let us create man in our own image and no connection exist to the first 2 creations . The so called missing link does not exist .
I have faith in the Lord whose account of the begining although in todays times seems to have holes to you , was very sufficient until man thought he knows it all and now looks at his mentor with contempt . It is through back engineering that we have such confidence that we are smarter than the creator . Pride is a bad thing , it tends to put walls between people .

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

This article which mentions some names fails to report where these supposed quotes came from. I tried to find where they came from but was unable to find anything other than the same claim repeated many places.

Kenyon quotes appear to be manipulated and may not even be from her.
The Wright quotes also appear to be without substance.
The other name share the same fate - the quotes do not appear to be from the named authors

The name Peter Mungo Jupp is linked to many hoaxes.
1. Starchild hoax
2. Pole shift hoax

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

So here is our challenge. How do we explain these dreadful cataclysms that decimated mankind.

Since this is Jupp fiction, then there is no one other than Jupp to explain the reason he made up this story. Science can't explain why Jupp is a fraud.

The fiurst clue was when Jupp claimed to reference real archaeologists and did not name the works they wrote. He either misquoted or outright lied. Not sure which and it hardly matters.

It is time to challenge some of the fundamentals of science. Darwin’s concept of uniformitarianism or slow adaptive evolution is plainly wrong. New paradigms are needed.

You probably have never made any effort to learn anything about science or how it works. Otherwise you'd know that science challenges itself constantly. You'd also know that evolution as proposed by Darwin has been modified to address issues that science itself brought up.

The age of cataclysmic evolution and the mechanics of the chaotic electric solar system have arrived.

Not at all. There have been many evolutionary theories. The electric solar system is failure.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Then tell me what you think of the names of the scientists/archaeologists listed in this link:

edit on 4-10-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

The names are being used as an appeal to authority. The lack of citation and the cherry picked nature of the quotes suggests this is just another hoax being perpetrated by Jupp.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

The names are being used as an appeal to authority. The lack of citation and the cherry picked nature of the quotes suggests this is just another hoax being perpetrated by Jupp.

Do you really think that these people would let Jupp use their names if they didn't back these claims?

So far I've noticed that you think everyone is a liar. It makes it hard for me to think you're worth believing either.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Well written. But everyone who reads this will be thinking..."I'm on the winning side." Or "I'm a survivor."

Indeed. I'm just wondering how many of those who actively wish for this are prepared to die themselves or watch their loved ones suffer and die (it wouldn't necessarily be quick). All in the interests of saving the world of course.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Do you really think that these people would let Jupp use their names if they didn't back these claims?

Jupp does not need to get permission to write what he does.

The reason Jupp uses their names is to make an appeal to authority. He pretends that these people endorse his claims. You appear to have bought into that.

So far I've noticed that you think everyone is a liar.

Just because I have no problem pointing out hoaxes does not mean I say everything is a hoax. Maybe I have pointed out ideas that you took hook line and sinker as hoaxes. Well, Jupp might be an example.

The Bronze Age is a rather loose time period in which bronze is the hard material used for tooling. There was no Bronze Age in the Americas. People went from stone tools to iron. The replacement of stone tools with bronze was not one time. The end of the Bronze Age was not one time. Different places adopted different materials at different times.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

(i smiled for the first time in a long time, finally! somebody with a brain!)
i gotta agree with you, I've been lurking on this site for quiete awhile and let me tell you, every other thread is some doomsday b.s. there are days that i wonder if i'm the only person out there with some common sense! the way i see it is; either people have nothing better to do with there time than pull conspiracy theories out of there asses or that the world is run by maniacs. either one sounds right really. but i don't really care anymore, if the world ends it ends, nothing we can really do about it. great post man.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Jupp does not need to get permission to write what he does.

The reason Jupp uses their names is to make an appeal to authority. He pretends that these people endorse his claims. You appear to have bought into that.

So far I've noticed that you think everyone is a liar.

Just because I have no problem pointing out hoaxes does not mean I say everything is a hoax. Maybe I have pointed out ideas that you took hook line and sinker as hoaxes. Well, Jupp might be an example.

The Bronze Age is a rather loose time period in which bronze is the hard material used for tooling. There was no Bronze Age in the Americas. People went from stone tools to iron. The replacement of stone tools with bronze was not one time. The end of the Bronze Age was not one time. Different places adopted different materials at different times.

The article mentioned that not everyone agreed on the time period. And yes, I totally agreed with the statement in the previous article that the affects of the sun and solar system have an impact on earth in the form of volcanoes and earthquakes. I believe that's why the ancient civilizations studied it. They believed it too.

Sorry, I can't buy into your atheistic/scientific world view. Just as you think creationism and the Bible is flawed, I believe science today to be more flawed. Hopefully, someone reading this will open their eyes. Moving on! Have a great day!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

The article mentioned that not everyone agreed on the time period. And yes, I totally agreed with the statement in the previous article that the affects of the sun and solar system have an impact on earth in the form of volcanoes and earthquakes. I believe that's why the ancient civilizations studied it. They believed it too.

Sorry, I can't buy into your atheistic/scientific world view. Just as you think creationism and the Bible is flawed, I believe science today to be more flawed. Hopefully, someone reading this will open their eyes. Moving on! Have a great day!

The Sun does not cause or appear to affect volcanoes and quakes. The only object in the solar system that seems to have an affect is the moon on a few rare/uncommon quakes. The ancients did not understand quakes or volcanoes. They did not attempt to connect the cosmos to these events.

The ancients made astronomical observations to plan religious events and non-religious events such as times to plant and harvest.

You think science is flawed? Please tell me why?

The issue at hand is Jupp. You brought up Jupp. Jupp made a number of things he claims are quotes from experts. Where did the quotes come from? If this were a real paper from a reputable person, then the sources for these quotes would have been included. They are not included. What is Jupp trying to hide? Why is Jupp doing this?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Volcanic Eruptions and Solar Activity

www.agu.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
"So don't be quite so quick to scoff at the possible physical influence of the planets and the sun on the earth (and therefore possibly on earthquake timing). The planetary/solar effect on earth is real and measured by NASA EVERY SINGLE DAY."

ELECTRIC QUAKES

www.electricquakes.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Did you read the abstract? Very, very unlikely.

This is from 1989.

Two weak, but probably statistically significant, periodicities of ∼11 and ∼80 years are detected.

Further studies of quakes and the Sun shows that the following did not pan out.

Solar flares are believed to cause changes in atmospheric circulation patterns that abruptly alter the Earth's spin. The resulting jolt probably triggers small earthquakes

The article has been cited 6 times, 3 times by the author.

This "weak" connection as the author states has not panned out.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

So what is the site claiming is measured by NASA every day? There are all sorts of musings on that site.
1. The planets squeezing some sort of metaphorical water nozzle
2. Mercury being close to the Sun and toying with the Sun
3. The barycenter of the solar system?

The sentence immediately after what you quoted makes the following impressively witless claim

So we now know that gravity is by no means the greatest force exerted on the planet earth by other planets.

Right up to that point they are discussing the positions of the planets which is controlled by gravity and then they claim it is not gravity in this sentence and nowhere else.

Here comes the next claim that is even more ridiculous.

I assure you your nurse had nothing like the effect of 200 GIGAWATTS of Solar wind on you no matter how electrifying she may have been.

Nothing leading up to this sentence supports this ludicrous comment.

The only reason that page might have been referenced was to make other claims look less nutty.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
"Nature of universe is still a mystery to Nobel winners"

More proof of how little they understand...

www.google.com...

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join