It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the World as we know it.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
To sit around, and wish for such nonsense, is in a way as others have put it. Insanity. Why, should a God entity, help people out, because they are too goddamn lazy to get off their fat azzes and do it themselves?

That is the insanity of the Human race. We sit around, year after year, decade after decade, centuries after centuries ... doing the same thing, but expecting different resaults. Why should a cataclysmic event today, bring about any better changes than such events have done in the past?

Not to mention the fact, that any such cataclysmic event, will cause the deaths of millions, if not trillions, of people. And what is the difference, between a rock from heaving killing them, or them dying in the horrors of war? The thoughts and wishes, that are inside the peoples minds are the same.

But people haven't even cought onto the real conspiracy theory yet, and this one has been going around for thousands of years. You have a certain group of people, wanting you to sit and wait for a cataclysmic event. They fill you with religion, and fear ... fear of war, or reprisals of God, or the reprisals of government. All in the effort of making you dozile, and not wanting to fight for what is yours. They will feed you, just like in the Matrix, and you are content with being a battery as long as your brain experiences what it desires.

This is the true conspiracy ... religion, government ...

But the really hard part is, that for a while. For a few centuries, we were actually going somewhere. The knowledge expanded, and we could start to understand our Universe. Just like 2000 years earlier, we are now going down that road, of trillions of imbeciles and insane people, sitting on their asses, eating, sleeping and having sex ... waiting for Doomsday, from the bible.

We'll have peace ... not war, but we'll be living in a fascistic society. You'll have a mark on your head, a biblical mark ... and if you don't carry it, you are damned, outlawed. And you'll sit at home, watch TV, and wait for the Cataclysmic event to come and destroy it all ... until the day you die, as so many millions have done before you, through the centuries of waiting.

Maybe in another 2000 years, we can carry on with our work so far ...

Do you see that bum on the street? that is us ... all of us. He's sitting there, doing nothing, with no energy to fight for his life. He drinks alcohol, or drugs that his government has given him. To stay dozile and asleep, doing exactly what God wants him to do ... which is nothing.

And do you all, know what the real sad thing is? Maybe Hitler and Stalin were right ... the only way to get society going, if even for a short while, is to kill us all? Wouldn't that be really sad, if it was true? That the only solution for us, is a final solution? That even when our own government uses fascism against us, we can't get off our butt and fight for our freedom ... but have to stay and wait for another Hitler to come along, and get rid of us, because we're in his way?

Geesh, I think I forgot to take my medicine this morning ...

edit on 30-9-2011 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Wonderfully written,and beautifully explained, and i enjoyed reading your descriptive thoughts.

It's so very nice knowing it's all an illusion that will 'poof' end after the moment is it not?

edit on 30-9-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gaussq

The Scandinavian legends state that only "Lif" and "Liftrase" can survive the endtimes. The Lord of Lords is called Heimdali, Heimdal etc. The river rectifying the world is called "Slidr" and it comes from the east, flowing through dales.

Which is of course, totally out of context ... but I'll help you out here.

YOU didn't write this, nor did YOUR ancestors. MINE did.

Yes, we wrote about Sweden ... but not THIS Sweden, nor THESE Swedes. It's the sweden, that is 4-6000 years ago, long before your Holland/German ancestors set foot on there.

WE, not YOU, trace our heritage to China ... we're not Chinese, per say. But Odin is our Moses, and he led us from Asia, to Scandinavia. He died, and was burried on Gotland. In those days, the Easter sea was an inland sea, and Denmark, was only a river away from Sweden (settlements have been found on the ocean floor between sweden and denmark, suggesting this myth is actually true).

Heimdallur, is not the Lord of Lords. He is the guardian, who guards the bridge to Goðheimr, which by the way is not Asgard. And the people that survive Ragnarök, are Véli and Váli. These are not names of individuals, but a metaphore of the KIND of people that will survive. These names, mean the treacherous, and the cowards. That is basically what these words means, although their meaning is a bit more complicated.

Yes, The dragon is the Chinese in our legends. 6000 years ago, we were in China, lost the war against them, died and fled to Europe.

What you think is a positive force, isn't ... What Völuspá, is telling Odin here ... is that everything will end, and the only survivors are the traitors and the cowards. Which means, he was (or will be, if you think it's some future telling, but in reality it is always referring to the steps of China, where the people did live originally ... their golden age), and the only people he took with him, were the cowards and the traitors, that were the cause of the disaster. And that the people that were left behind, on the battlefield, were the honest and loyal ones.

This should tell you, why Vikings loved dying in battle ... because they did NOT want to be véli or váli, they wanted to remain in their original home ... the Golden Age of their people. But that was 6000 years in the past ... something they lost, and would never gain again. Völuspá is telling Odin, that he did the wrong thing, he should have stayed behind and ignored saving the idiots and the traitors.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
It's not the 'system' people are tired of, it's living. We are evolved to use our self-awareness as a survival tool, but it evolved so quickly that we are not very good at coping with the awareness it brings of our own mortality. To be self-aware and human is to be in a state of constant panic. That's why mind and mood-altering substances have an enduring popularity - they allow us to stop feeling the pain of awareness for a short while, to literally get out of our heads.

End of the World scenarios blend horror and pity at the destruction with a narcissistic belief that the viewer will survive, and a sadistic pleasure at all those the viewer dislikes perishing in fear and pain. It's quite a nasty cocktail of personality traits, actually.

I can never grasp why those who believe in Mayan doomsday prophecy are so certain about it. The Mayan calendar is based on a fragment of a tablet, not even the entire thing. Calendars and clocks are cyclical, reflecting how the planets move, they do not simply end. I also wonder at how people can lend scraps of Mayan religious writing the same if not more weight than the observations of modern day science.

Finally, if the Mayan 'prophecy' is true, then all the other conspiracies and prophecies had better get out of the way, hadn't they? Because that means we have a little over a year before we shut up shop.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonsterI can never grasp why those who believe in Mayan doomsday prophecy are so certain about it. The Mayan calendar is based on a fragment of a tablet, not even the entire thing. Calendars and clocks are cyclical, reflecting how the planets move, they do not simply end. I also wonder at how people can lend scraps of Mayan religious writing the same if not more weight than the observations of modern day science.

Hence the End of the World AS WE KNOW IT. And the start of a better one

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cecilofs

The end of the world "as we know it", has occurred on and on in history. You have the egyptians, they ended and the world as they knew it ended there. You have the persians, the world ended ... as they knew it. You have the greeks and the romans, the world ended as they knew it. You have the Germany holy Empire, and it ended the world as they knew it ... and now you have the New Roman Empire ... and you are still complaining.

The biblical flood, ended the world ... and every culture in the world, has a s imilar story. And yet we are still here, up to the same old ...

As Einstein would have said it ... you are insane, because the same thing is occurring, again and again, and again ... and you're sitting there, expecting different results (a better world).

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Originally posted by Cecilofs

The end of the world "as we know it", has occurred on and on in history. You have the egyptians, they ended and the world as they knew it ended there. You have the persians, the world ended ... as they knew it. You have the greeks and the romans, the world ended as they knew it. You have the Germany holy Empire, and it ended the world as they knew it ... and now you have the New Roman Empire ... and you are still complaining.

The biblical flood, ended the world ... and every culture in the world, has a s imilar story. And yet we are still here, up to the same old ...

As Einstein would have said it ... you are insane, because the same thing is occurring, again and again, and again ... and you're sitting there, expecting different results (a better world).

Precisely why God won't allow it to continue forever. It will come to an end because people never changed nor will they, no matter how many times they start over. You can't make perfection out of imperfection until you do. It's all a learning lesson. Don't hold onto the world and the things in it because it is imperfect and will disappoint you every time. There won't be true peace until the Millennium, where God will prove that it's possible through him and him only, without interference.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Don't hold onto the world and the things in it because it is imperfect and will disappoint you every time. There won't be true peace until the Millennium, where God will prove that it's possible through him and him only, without interference.

People like you, scare the living daylights out of me ... thousand years have past, and times on and times past, and we still have to fight ignorance of this nature. It is really disturbing ...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Don't hold onto the world and the things in it because it is imperfect and will disappoint you every time. There won't be true peace until the Millennium, where God will prove that it's possible through him and him only, without interference.

People like you, scare the living daylights out of me ... thousand years have past, and times on and times past, and we still have to fight ignorance of this nature. It is really disturbing ...

Likewise, people like you scare the hell out of me, literally. Ignorance is what makes the world continue on this same path over and over again. Unfortunately, you won't know how ignorant you've become until it's too late.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

....and need I remind you that we didn't have nuclear weapons thousands of years ago?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Wonderfully written,and beautifully explained, and i enjoyed reading your descriptive thoughts. It's so very nice knowing it's all an illusion that will 'poof' end after the moment is it not?
reply to post by awareness10

It absolutely is.

Like Bill Hicks said before," it's just a ride..."

There is no evil vs. good - it just "is"...and capping that statement with the words of Carlin: "and so are we... for a little while..."

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

....and need I remind you that we didn't have nuclear weapons thousands of years ago?
reply to post by Deetermined

If you're Giorgio Tsoukalos, that remains to be seen - Could be extraterrestrials...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Wait a minute 'the millenium'? Excuse me, but isn't that what people were saying eleven years ago? And look what happened. Nothing.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Wait a minute 'the millenium'? Excuse me, but isn't that what people were saying eleven years ago? And look what happened. Nothing.

I'm talking about Christ's 1,000 year reign here on earth to take place after the Tribulation. You'd have to read the book of Revelations in the Bible to know what I'm talking about. Everything that's happening now is written there and explains what is to come.

...specifically Revelation, chapter 20...
edit on 30-9-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
2 Peter 3: 3-10

3 Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” 5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly. 8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.[a]
edit on 30-9-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv

Thanks. Yeah the OP did present the information very elegantly, it was like a poem and parts of me did feel drawn to it but my inner self knew that an apocalypse was not the way forward for our species, (like what you basically said, the problem is man, not our planet). That is my greatest fear, a Mad-Max planet; people getting violated and murdered for bread by scumbags that have formed a group and randomly targeted a home of an innocent family knowing that there is no law. Then sometimes I ask myself, is this not another agenda of the elites? Using fear to control us? Many have said it and it is true, they use fear to control us...

Problem is fear is a huge part of our every day lives. On one hand fear is unpleasant, but keeps us alive. Fearing for one's life keeps us vigilant and alert. On the other hand we also enjoy fear when we know it's "safe". We love scary movies, scary theme parks and scary books. It's fun to feel the adrenaline and to wonder what we would do in those situations. A scary world presents a challenge, and I do believe that human beings (to some degree) love the challenge. It's stimulating.

The media know this. They pray on this human characteristic and are always quick to present the most frightening scenario, because they know you'll watch if they make you feel as though the information is relevant to the preservation of your own life. We are adrenaline junkies, and when there is little to fear, we'll make something up just to get our hearts and brains pumping.

Although I'd like to have a lot of faith in human beings, the scary post-apocalyptic world I imagine isn't coming from fairy tales or movies. It comes from the observation of people around me (criminals, murderers and thieves with morals that don't match my own), and people's reactions during disasters such as Katrina, or the Haiti earthquake. Some were ready to clobber each other over food, water, clothing and medical care. The Japanese earthquake was an exception, where reports stated that people were very helpful to each other, and did not fight over resources. They lined up, took only what they needed, and asked that anything extra was taken to other people who need it. I think that culture has a lot to do with the way a post-apocalyptic world would turn out. Some cultures have learned to cooperate, and some cultures have little self-discipline. If we face the apocalypse, I hope I'm in Japan when it happens.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

The only way we could really fix the financial system is to "reset" it, wipe away some of these monstrous debts and kid's student loans, seeing as they were given with our tax dollars anyway, and then punish those who were directly involved in deliberately starting this system of lending millions or even billions of dollars to every dollar that is in the bank. If we wanted to fix things bad enough, we could, and Ron Paul and his Libertarian supporters (myself) know it can be done and will do it if given the chance. But those in power on both sides are too comfortable with the status quo, and even when things blow up in their face they will give all power to the banks in hopes that they will magically be able to fix their own debt problems, which makes no sense.

It first started in 1913, then again stemmed from the Federal reserve and LBJ's moronic-arse after JFK was killed (JFK put the power of printing money, the mint, back to the federal government, and was eventually going to abolish the Fed, but as soon as JFK's VP, LBJ, got into office he revoked the executive order and gave powers back to the federal reserve) and so you see, the system needs a complete overhaul. And its very easy to see those who have no interest in doing it (Perry, Romney, CAIN LOL, Bachmann, Gingrich) all these people through their policies wish to continue the system that is currently plaguing the world financial system. Ron Paul is our only hope for a number of reasons. He's said himself he can't fix everything all at once, but in my opinion just getting him into office will give congress a slap in the face, hopefully, and we can at least start moving things in a direction that doesn't lead to complete or even partial tyranny.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Dead on, imho.

S&F&

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Bravo!

Great thread. Couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I'm talking about Christ's 1,000 year reign here on earth to take place after the Tribulation. You'd have to read the book of Revelations in the Bible to know what I'm talking about. Everything that's happening now is written there and explains what is to come.

...specifically Revelation, chapter 20..

This is about as scary, as UBL ...

Most of these religions are meant to control people, through fear. You are dozile, because you have fear ... and as you talk, you are a living example, as why the government, and the religions are organisations of terror.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join