It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Leaks Personal Details of Cop Who Pepper-Sprayed Wall Street Protesters

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

upon further review, it was this guy who first made the connection.

Originally posted by BadNinja68

Asset protection? Okay hold up.
Security guard.
security guard = "paid witness" as described by law.
When you go your Guard lisc. this was drilled into your head.

he assumed that ap/lp need guard cards.

i believe most LP is hired and trained through the company. which makes it easier to act as an agent of the site owner.

whereas guards are usually contracted out.

hey come on i rarely get to speak from experience on this site
as a guard i have never apprehended anybody. i have written down a whole lot of useless notes though....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

But I would like to bring up one point, does society not ostracize the families of criminals?

Yes, society does have a tendency to view the wives and children of criminals as being complicit in their criminal actions. I don't think that's right either.

To be honest, I was having a bit of fun with people in the thread but here is what I REALLY think.

The cop was out of line, and for that he should be punished. The punishment should fit the crime, and macing someone is not the horrific event it has been made out to be here. At most I think he should be sent home for 2 weeks without pay and retrained in the proper use of mace ( good news for cop haters; that means he gets maced!). This in no way validates claims that we are living in a police state. Cops are people, people make mistakes and acting like they've just raped and murdered your cat is overblown. Under no circumstance should people be encouraged to attack someones family member based on another's actions.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen

Originally posted by The Old American

Now people know where he lives, and thus where his family lives. I don't condone what he did, but putting his family at risk? Sounds like a good way to get a lot of dead people on his front lawn.

/TOA

Who said his family is at risk? The worst thing Anon has hinted at is prank pizza deliveries. So you are saying they will be a pizza delivery boy massacre? A ton of black faxes? Is your refrigerator running phone calls?

No, but you're beyond naive if you think that's all that could happen. But I guess you couldn't care less who gets hurt as long as the pig gets it in the end, huh?

/TOA

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
is there any documentation of this encouragement of attack?

i thought they were suggesting false pizza orders and various other annoyances?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

That does not sound old fashion. The mafia even left (in most cases) family members
out of it. So do most organized crime operations.

This is a myth. Even the Italians would threaten the families of men that they could not find, or wouldn't go along with their crimes. For example, Joe Salerno's father was shot after Joe testified against Nicky Scarfo and then disappeared into the Witness Protection Program. Joey Teitelbaum's wife and young children were threatened with death if he didn't allow the mafia to move in on his Miami shipping company.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Ohhhhhh OK. I thought you seemed too bright to be disagreeing with me
! I would be the guy in the white jacket and stripes... Not Paul Blart. I don't know anything about security guards. For all I know they do need a license. I know my buddy needed a card to carry at his workplace. We just argued WAY too long about that
. Thank you for being civil the whole time!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
So a bunch of bored young women fresh out of community college and politics 101 put on some stupid outfits and go down to protest the big banks that their daddies work for. They aren't getting enough attention so they spill out of the place where they are supposed to be, and then get maced. Boo freaking hoo. Daddy will probably give them a couple extra thousand this month to make up for it.

There is a reason police have to keep protesters in a designated area. It's to keep all those people who actually have jobs to go to from getting beat/stomped etc. If you can't follow the simple rules and get a little boo boo don't cry to me about it.

Pretend this was happening outside of your place of work and then tell me you wouldn't want the police keeping protesters from turning violent and destroying property. You guys are so ready to be 'anti establishment' that you lose common sense. Seriously you let these protesters go and do whatever they please you're going to end up with a ton of people getting hurt and property destruction.

I had to watch that again. Makes me laugh uncontrollably. The one screaming like she's MELTIIIIIIIINNNGGGGGGG! I've been maced a few times (most were unintentional; me in the wrong spot) and while it hurts its not NEARLY as bad as that girl makes it out to be.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)
Dude do you work for the man? How much do they pay you to post this nonsense? Where has it been shown that these people are violent?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

They posted the information with the intent to harass him and his family. I don't think that public servants should be bullied into getting new jobs. Let's flip this a second. You work at a grocery store. A customer calls you a dirty name, you call the customer something. Another customer posts you information online with instructions on how to harass your family. Should you have to get a new job?

How is that comparable? Did you leave out the part where you were working hard at your grocery store AND THEN maced a customer?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

is there any documentation of this encouragement of attack? i thought they were suggesting false pizza orders and various other annoyances?

Not in the pastebin article but if you find yourself on some more questionable boards (no I'm not talking about /b/) you will find some pretty alarming threats. Either way I think it's unacceptable to post family information of someone based on their actions. I've enjoyed chatting with you, it's nice to disagree and talk it out with someone rational.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

[SNIP]

Glad I didn't call you an insipid little [SNIP], but the bigger point is responsibility. I for one am not one who gives most police the benefit of the doubt because I know that type of cop very well and they don't deserve it.

If you can't understand why behaving properly in the first place is the right thing to do if for no other reason than to protect your own family from repercussions, then maybe I'll revisit my first sentence.

But seriously you may be the type to believe that some things are sacred, but I'm sick and tired of people excusing bad cops on a daily basis. Right now is the time to think about changing, if you're covering for your corrupt buddy who's a cop, if you're one of them or even if you're a good cop now is your opportunity to do something to stop the escalation. Now when this doesn't happen and the sh1t hits the fan, I don't want to hear about it. The tens of thousands of victims don't want to hear about it either. So I'm glad you're so protective of the innocent family members, I think it's terrible as well, but not as terrible as what the bad cops themselves are getting away with.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed censor circumvention and large quote.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FallenWun

OK kiddo. I know you haven't read the whole thread so let me ask you this.

Your Dad is out and about. Someone pisses him off. Your Dad punches him in the face. Is it fair for you or your siblings/Mom/Grandmother to be harassed because your Dad was a [SNIP]?

Mod Edit: Removed naughty word
edit on 27-9-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

You should be more upfront about your fascist views instead of couching them in fake concern for the poor bankers that have to walk from their lexus to their office.

I'm not all that concerned for the bankers. I'm concerned for all the ordinary people this protest is affecting (effecting affecting I need a Red Bull).

Like who?
Be specific.
The only person you seem to be worried about is the cop.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

No, but you're beyond naive if you think that's all that could happen. But I guess you couldn't care less who gets hurt as long as the pig gets it in the end, huh?
/TOA

You would guess wrong there old timer, I actually have friends in the NYPD in ranking positions. They are not thrilled about this type of crap either. And no, I dont beleive this officer or his family should be harmed, suspension, retraining would be a nice start, a nice macing will remind him to show restraint next time.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

Dude do you work for the man? How much do they pay you to post this nonsense? Where has it been shown that these people are violent?

No I do not. How many pages is this thread? You're commenting on a post I made in the first few pages? Read the whole thread squirt. I was also implying that without a show of force and clearly delineated lines for protesters that things could turn bad quick. Go Google riots. Also, grow up. Of course I'm not paid by 'The Man'. Can't a brother have a differing point of view?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

I think you need to go back and read more of my posts. I think the cop should be disciplined. I think that he should have his pay docked for a few weeks, and should be retrained ( they mace them when they learn how to deploy the stuff... YAY! ). I think it's fine if he is sort of publicly humiliated even. I DO NOT think it is OK to post his families info and request that people harass them.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Like who? Be specific. The only person you seem to be worried about is the cop.

Sweetheart you're quoting me from 4 pages back. Why don't you finish reading the thread, then come and talk to me. I don't actually approve of the cop macing the girls and think he should be punished ( reasonably ). I'm not even all that worried about the cop. My point is that it is wrong to encourage the harassment of his family based on HIS actions.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

OK kiddo.

Is kiddo your attempt to discredit me with a lame personal hiccup? Do you have any idea how old I am?

I know you haven't read the whole thread so let me ask you this.

Your Dad is out and about. Someone pisses him off. Your Dad punches him in the face. Is it fair for you or your siblings/Mom/Grandmother to be harassed because your Dad was a [SNIP]?

Who did my dad punch and why? If my dad was a cop macing nonviolent women I would be right there harassing him myself.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed quoted naughty word

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
EXPECT US!

Mod Edit:
Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

edit on 27-9-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Bunch of freaking hypocrites on this site.

A cop does something stupid...and you all cheer when anonymous outs him by using the computer to get into his private life.

If anonymous did this to another ATS poster or fellow conspiracy theorist....you guys would be all over anonymous...preaching about your right to privacy and such...but when someone you don"t like does something you don"t like...privacy does not matter.

Privacy should matter for all and you should not be able to pick and choose who it applies to.

You so called "fight for your rights" people only seem to think that rights matter when you agree with the person your fighting for....not for those "supposedly" opposed to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join