It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWJD on the Israel Palestinian Bid for Statehood

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Here is an interesting article form Israel Today: LINK

"So how would Jesus vote this week if he had a seat at the UN?" Medearis asked. "Surely love, compassion, justice and peace-making would top his lists of concerns for all involved. Maybe he would give a new parable - the Parable of the Good Palestinian - offending all who would hear."

Conclusion to the article:

"The truth is that God does not go back on or alter His promises. He made abundantly clear that the most important factor is the glory of His name. The biblical record has shown, even up to the present day with the rebirth of Israel, that when God makes a promise, He keeps it, not for our sake, but for the sake of His good name. To suggest otherwise is to attack not only God's credibility, but, more detrimentally, the glory of His name."

If you find this article interesting, here is a related thread on the current topic: LINK

edit on 25-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
What would Jesus do?? Lol

Too much.

Religion is the cause of this mess. Making religious references to define this conflict will only lead to more bloodshed.

If you ask me this is just the beginning

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

You are more correct than you may know. What would Jesus Do? He would carry out the will of the Father; just as he always did. What is the will of the Father?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

The will of the father is nothing more than the will of the people who are the authority on the subject of the father. Nothing more nothing less.

They will use this endlessly until the holy land is a smoking charcoal pit worshipped only by the dead.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
He would vote no on the palestinian bid. He would then annex all the lands that he gave Israel and most likely make the palestinians move to jordan or let them live in the state of Israel but, must obey all Israeli laws.or he could possibly make another solution in which the palestinians would have their own state outside of promise lands. Either way the palestinians get nothing inside Israel.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Read Revelation, it was something about blowing trumpets, the antichrist an army of 144,000 righteous jews and then Jesus comes and slays everyone.

BHAM!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
That has already been written.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

"So how would Jesus vote this week if he had a seat at the UN?"

Well for a start ,he walk out on the UN ,as the UN is a farcical joke ,as the Palestinians have been asking for a UN seat for 60 years ,and still waiting ,but a bunch of rebel Islamist who taken control by force of a country as in Libya ,helped with the NATO aggressors are given a seat ,no questions asked.

And its because of pointless stupid religion ,that the world is on constant edge ,with all religious factions aiming nukes at each other ,demanding there god is the best ,i'm sick to death of it.

End religion ,end 95% of the worlds problems.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
or maybe he would go through the israelis and the palestinians 1 by 1 warning the good ones to leave the area before the bomb of course if you aint being warned then....

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

This is what I'm saying.

My grandfather is a Presbyterian minister and my grandparents have been trying endlessly to see indoctrinate me and my children into their faith for years. I have been offered free baptismal and even a bought and paid for wedding and I continuously refuse. Not because I am not grateful for the offer but because I don't support a system that contributes to the enslavement and destruction of the human race. That and I don't believe in fairy tales.
edit on 11/9/25 by metaldemon2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
WWJD? Probably kick all the Jews out of Israel for murdering him. God gave his only son.... indeed.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
WWJD? Probably kick all the Jews out of Israel for murdering him. God gave his only son.... indeed.

Educate yourself before you make generalizations. Jesus was jewish. All of his disciples were jewish. All of his earliest followers were jewish in the Roman province of Judea. The earliest Christians on record were Nazarene jews, a popular sect of Judea that developed following the crucifixion. Christianity is in fact, a branch of Judaism.

Your assertion that all the jews murdered him is false. In fact, it was a siginificant portion of the jewish population that ensured that the righteous teachings of Christ would be preserved and passed on from generation to generation.

edit on 25-9-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb
He would vote no on the palestinian bid. He would then annex all the lands that he gave Israel and most likely make the palestinians move to jordan or let them live in the state of Israel but, must obey all Israeli laws.or he could possibly make another solution in which the palestinians would have their own state outside of promise lands. Either way the palestinians get nothing inside Israel.

First Jesus would kick these Jews out to make room for the chosen ones. The Jews that became followers of Christ are the chosen ones. Jesus said because you do not believe, you are not of my sheep. If they are not his sheep then they have no claim to Israel. So he would vote for the Palestinians to have statehood just to piss off the Jews.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever

Originally posted by DerekJR321

Educate yourself before you make generalizations. Jesus was jewish. All of his disciples were jewish. All of his earliest followers were jewish in the Roman province of Judea. The earliest Christians on record were Nazarene jews, a popular sect of Judea that developed following the crucifixion. Christianity is in fact, a branch of Judaism.

Your assertion that all the jews murdered him is false. In fact, it was a siginificant portion of the jewish population that ensured that the righteous teachings of Christ would be preserved and passed on from generation to generation.

edit on 25-9-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

Technically the Jews didn't kill Christ the Romans did. But the Romans only killed him because the Jewish leaders pressured them into doing it the Romans were going to set Jesus free because he was no threat to the Roman empire. And when these people became followers of Christ they ceased being Jewish. Being Jewish means you follow that faith not because you are a certain race. A person doesn't have to have a certain DNA code to be Jewish anyone can be Jewish just like anyone can be Christian and anyone can be Muslim it's just a matter of faith.
edit on 25-9-2011 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
East of the Mediterranean:
Jew want it, Muslims want it, Christians want the Jews to have it...
I think Emmanuel, if He were to intercede in this manner as a babysitter, would put a restriction against anyone dealing with that plot of land. But there is purpose to this decay as it is. Just as Emmanuel was a stumbling block to the Jews, the Jews have become a stumbling block to those who claim to follow Christ. The Muslims have become a great nation, as was another promise of our Father, and those who truly express the Word (the scriptures are not the Word, but rather, they speak of the Word who is Emmanuel) are nearly universally ignored.

1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

Seems fairly clear to me what should be a believers view on this matter, but instead, people rage on in their ignorance and arrogance. But, hey, at least our version of the gladiators is substantially more civil.

Oh, yeah, and His name was Joshua, not Jesus. Jesus is a transliteration of the Greek word for Joshua. The fact that people think the Word is a book instead of the living God, and the fact that people worship a false name (not as though the name Joshua is magical) is plain conspiracy level chaos.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by metaldemon2000

You are more correct than you may know. What would Jesus Do? He would carry out the will of the Father; just as he always did. What is the will of the Father?

The will of the Father is to love one another--even enemies (Luke 10). Jesus said, "Go and do likewise." after telling the story of the good Samaritan. For the Israelies and the Palestinians, this goes beyond even neighbors. They are brothers (Issac and Ishmael). What is the will of God when it comes to familial love?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher
East of the Mediterranean:
Jew want it, Muslims want it, Christians want the Jews to have it...
I think Emmanuel, if He were to intercede in this manner as a babysitter, would put a restriction against anyone dealing with that plot of land. But there is purpose to this decay as it is. Just as Emmanuel was a stumbling block to the Jews, the Jews have become a stumbling block to those who claim to follow Christ. The Muslims have become a great nation, as was another promise of our Father, and those who truly express the Word (the scriptures are not the Word, but rather, they speak of the Word who is Emmanuel) are nearly universally ignored.

Perhaps this is what they will mourn at the sign of his coming.

Matthew 24

30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth[c] will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.[d] 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

The word elect means chosen for purpose. I never really understood this until recently in my life. Once I realized that God works out our faith, I realized that the burden is not mine but His. Suffering is the point of life, but the direction suffering takes is the key to what it produces.

If suffering is the result of sin, then we receive the suffering from a debt created by taking form life. A man who smokes will reap the suffering of cancer and a shorter life. He took a reward that would end in suffering. If suffering is a work that we produce for the benefit of others, then reward always follows. For instance, if we suffer the work of an education so we can provide a good living for our families, then reward follows for us and them.

From the examples above, we can then reduce the Mideast conflict down to the cause of suffering. The Palestinians are trying to steal, kill and destroy for the reward of the land. The Isralies are suffering the work of movement toward true peace. They are giving for the benefits of others and long-suffering for the end result of peace in the region. The rewards will go to one nation, while the other will continually experience suffering.

The proper way to move toward peace will be for both nations to suffer the work of being a benefit to the other. This is why Jesus stated that they must turn the other cheek; love your enemies as yourself; bless those who curse you; and love God in faith. Faith produces the works of the spirit. The works of the spirit produce peace. Reward follows.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The one thing we find constantly in the New Testament when concerning Jesus, is that there were always "Sides." When you read the NT....you see it, in almost every story concerning Jesus....this side, against that side, and they bring the situation to him, as a trap, to see, which he will choose. One thing remained constant. Jesus never chose either side. He always got right to the heart of the matter, and would always make it clear, that each side had missed the 3rd option. So, what would Jesus say on Israel and Palestine? simple.

Love God with all your Heart, Soul and Strength
Love your neighbor as yourself.

The rest takes care of itself if we follow (all of us) these very two simple "live bys"

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga

The one thing we find constantly in the New Testament when concerning Jesus, is that there were always "Sides." When you read the NT....you see it, in almost every story concerning Jesus....this side, against that side, and they bring the situation to him, as a trap, to see, which he will choose. One thing remained constant. Jesus never chose either side. He always got right to the heart of the matter, and would always make it clear, that each side had missed the 3rd option. So, what would Jesus say on Israel and Palestine? simple.

Love God with all your Heart, Soul and Strength
Love your neighbor as yourself.

The rest takes care of itself if we follow (all of us) these very two simple "live bys"

Such a good reply. I can only give you one start and this is what makes me sad.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
WWJD on Palestine/Israel?

Perhaps a good question but also undoubtedly loaded because we really can't do more than guess. And since this issue is more political than humanitarian, it really bends credulity to try and put words into Christ's mouth.

The problems are not divinely wrought, they are the result of two peoples who are both linked and divided by blood and history. There are no good guys, no good answers and no certainty that any answer will accomplish anything but more bloodshed.

The global community would do well to step back and leave these two alone to solve their own issues without support to or against either.
edit on 25-9-2011 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join