It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gay comic book characters WHAT IS THIS COUNTRY COMING TOO??????

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

call me what ya like that is my oponion and if you look back at the end of the post you will see where I said i refuse to read it anymore

Yeah, i just looked.

Funny how you edited that piece in AFTER there was allready many comments made.

You know this topic will spark critisism of your views, and if you can't deal with it, why bring it up in the first place??

vvv

link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Originally posted by JROCK2527
no that is a NORMAL couple the way it is suppossed to be
Nothing is "normal" except for what you perceive to be normal. And I'm sorry to get all philosophical but it the truth. We are the result of random mutations and natural selection. My old dog wasn't normal in your opinion. Try telling my dog how to have sex normally. You have to be one of the most ignorant posters on ATS JROCK.

PS - There was comics with "gay propaganda" made before you were even born.

Yep, and you can find some of them here. Times change JROCK.

Openly gay characters in comic books

link   
Umm, so you can't make a gay person main character in comic book, because....? What is it about them exactly that makes you shiver?

Japanese comics-books shows homosexuals in their stories for years, and years now. Gays, lesbians, bisexuals, you name it. They are both in comics (mangas) addressed to everyone or just gay community.

No sudden burst of homosexuals has been reported there, so go sleep, but look for homo's under your bed first.

link   

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
the answer?

more out/open

although a few centuries people were less hypocritic

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I know right!!!! Next they'll want minority characters in comics too! Comics ARE for entertainment, so there should only be white straight heroes and villains!! I don't want to taken out of comfort zone.

This has got to be the most offensive and homophobic post I have ever witnessed. Entertainment is a reflection of society. So Archie is introducing a gay character...big whoop. Get over it and yourself. The publisher is trying to update that world to better reflect the current world, therefore the writers can write more relevant stories.

Was I happy when Funky Winkerbean was aged and started having "real life adult" problems? No, but its a reflection of life.

The two main characters of Stormwatch (Apollo and Midnighter) are some bad ass MoFos. And guess what, they are queerer than a $3 bill. I don't care, they still can punch a hole thru some guys head.

And if you are worried that your kid might turn gay from reading a comic book with a gay character, then I you have bigger problems. First of which is reading Archie comics. I used to love Jughead and the gang back when I was 8. Then I found real comic books.

I bet you don't have a problem with the subtle hints that Veronica is a tramp or that Betty is the wholesome girl next door that is a sex fiend. And if you say they aren't then you're are lying because those are the archetypes they are meant to portray. Jughead is the lazy stoner. Archie is the do-good bookworm. Moose is the dumb jock. Reggie is the rich snob. So it only makes sense to have the gay archetype.

This is the 21st Century....why don't you join us here.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

That is something that occurs later on it is a CHOICE they make
So stop trying to control the choices of every single man on the planet...what are you hoping to achieve? Seriously, why don't you just devise a plan to kill off all the gay people in the world. It's perfect right? Mass genocide. All your worries will be solved. You can rest at peace knowing nothing gay is happening anywhere on Earth. Run along now...the plan wont write it's self.
edit on 25-9-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

source

WASHINGTON -- Psychoanalytic theory holds that homophobia -- the fear, anxiety, anger, discomfort and aversion that some ostensibly heterosexual people hold for gay individuals -- is the result of repressed homosexual urges that the person is either unaware of or denies. A study appearing in the August 1996 issue of the Journal of Abnormal Psychology, published by the American Psychological Association (APA), provides new empirical evidence that is consistent with that theory.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

You do realize that most comic books now days are sold to 'older kids'....and by 'older' I mean 20 -mid 30's.Comic books haven't been written for children in decades my friend....It's become a genuine art form. Have you not noticed how many gritty and realistic movies have been adaptions of comic books in the last 10 years?!?!
You really don't have a clue about comic books if you've just realized there are gay characters....Gay characters have been in comics since the 90's if not earlier.

To be honest, hearing this rant against other human beings that have a different sexual preference from you being in comic books is no different than the rants people went on about 'horrible' it was for young kids being exposed to inter-racial couples in times past. I find such hate based prejudiced among the most abhorrent and immoral things I encounter. What exactly do you think is going to happen to a kid if they read about a gay person anyway? I'm glad I wasn't brought up with such hatred in my heart that I would want to ban homosexual characters out of comic books.....to be perfectly honest, I find such attitudes nauseating.

you know my friend I may not agree with what you have to say but I respect that you can post an educated reply without reverting to childish name calling or insults as so many do. As I said I do not HATE gays. I dont agree with the life style. As I said in my OP if they want to be gay I can't stop them. personally that is just not my cup of tea. I personally find that nauseating. I just ran across this article on msn and was quite perplexed to find that the Archie comics came out with a gay charachter. I thought they were a conservative comic
well thanks to all for your replies Negative of positive. And hornbuckle thanks for your mannerisms! I believe your post deserves a star.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
People are born gay, you can't turn young people gay by exsposing them to gay characters in films, comics and games ect. The idea behind creating gay characters in comics and the like, is to teach the next generation of kids not be prejudice and familiarize them with the idea that the world is made up of all types of people. This is a very good idea I think. As long as its done in good taste and is not hijaked by the militant gay types who want to push an extreme agenda. It will help to create a more relaxed, less judgmental society.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I don't see what the problem is OP, other than you have....Dun dun duuuuuuuun.... "THE GAY FEAR".

You can't get more camp then Superheroes prancing around in tight lycra.

*shrugs*

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

Originally posted by UniverSoul

no that is a NORMAL couple the way it is suppossed to be

whats normal man?
if they are born like that then let them live their lives the way they want
just because you think something doesnt mean that makes another persons views wrong

I'm sorry but I dont believe anyone is BORN gay. That is something that occurs later on it is a CHOICE they make

JROCK, from now on I will consider you the spokesman for all homosexuals. Any time I have a question about gays I will be sure to ask you. I'm sure you won't mind.

not one bit

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

call me what ya like that is my oponion and if you look back at the end of the post you will see where I said i refuse to read it anymore

Yeah, i just looked.

Funny how you edited that piece in AFTER there was allready many comments made.

You know this topic will spark critisism of your views, and if you can't deal with it, why bring it up in the first place??

vvv

the edit was the hate mail part. I can deal with the critisism. In fact I love it
thats why im postin so many laughs. I love critisism and debate

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Being gay means being urban, consumerist, shallow & effete. It's a lifestyle choice rather than a pre-determined, genetic marker of human sexuality.

Most homosexuals aren't gay. Most homosexuals aren't even out, they're "confirmed bachelors" (as your Grandmother would say). They might live their lives in the shadows, in the closet, in the restrooms, in the parks after hours. Or, like most, they have a discreet, special friend "for all that".

OP, you haven't a clue about the distinction between being gay and being homosexual. And your faux shock horror about this comic book, well, that's just a public exhibition of your own ignorance.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

thanks for the link i'll be sure to check it out

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat
No sudden burst of homosexuals has been reported there, so go sleep, but look for homo's under your bed first.

will do. Thanx for the chuckle

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
Successful troll is successful.

if you want to call starting a debate on a hot topic trolling then I guess I am. And by posting these comments your just adding to it

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
... Alexander the great? And a half dozen of other..mythical heros?

Really.. this site needs to just put in a homophobia madness section.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

That is something that occurs later on it is a CHOICE they make
So stop trying to control the choices of every single man on the planet...what are you hoping to achieve? Seriously, why don't you just devise a plan to kill off all the gay people in the world. It's perfect right? Mass genocide. All your worries will be solved. You can rest at peace knowing nothing gay is happening anywhere on Earth. Run along now...the plan wont write it's self.
edit on 25-9-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

Who said anythig about making peoples choices for them?? if they choose to go with someone of the same sex theres nothing I can do about it. everyone has free choice just like I CHOSE to post this topic and you CHOSE to reply. just take a deep breath and relax learn how to laugh and enjoy life

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by akapapasmurf

You know, I never put the gay agenda together with agenda 21 before. That makes perfect sense. Promoting homosexuality would help lead to population decline. Additionally, when Adam and Steve both die who inherits their money and stuff? Just another way for the government to gain more money.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join