It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gay comic book characters WHAT IS THIS COUNTRY COMING TOO??????

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
reply to post by JROCK2527

source

WASHINGTON -- Psychoanalytic theory holds that homophobia -- the fear, anxiety, anger, discomfort and aversion that some ostensibly heterosexual people hold for gay individuals -- is the result of repressed homosexual urges that the person is either unaware of or denies. A study appearing in the August 1996 issue of the Journal of Abnormal Psychology, published by the American Psychological Association (APA), provides new empirical evidence that is consistent with that theory.

very funny but no dice boss none of that here I love women

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

you should do the same thing, when gay characters are introduced to your entertainment outlets.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
methinks the OP doth protest too much.
(that's for you big boy. RAWR!!)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
People are born gay, you can't turn young people gay by exsposing them to gay characters in films, comics and games ect. The idea behind creating gay characters in comics and the like, is to teach the next generation of kids not be prejudice and familiarize them with the idea that the world is made up of all types of people. This is a very good idea I think. As long as its done in good taste and is not hijaked by the militant gay types who want to push an extreme agenda. It will help to create a more relaxed, less judgmental society.

have to agree witht he last part about the good taste. however I have to disagree with the fact of people being born gay. As I said before it is a choice. thanx for the reply

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
treat gays equal and made it a crime if we dont. (which I believe is ridiculos)
Thats probably the worst comment I have ever read on here. Treat gay's equal and if you don't it's a crime....!!?!? THEY HAVE THE GOD GIVEN HUMAN BASIC RIGHT TO BE TREATED AS EQUAL YOU MORON.

creating gay characters in comic books.
And?! Gays arent going to be influencing children through comics! Being gay isn't a choice for them, it's the way they were born.

Comics are suppossed to be entertaining. Not used to sell homosexual propaganda and tell our kids it is alright to be gay.
DONT YOU GET IT??!?!?! IT IS OK TO BE GAY AND THAT IS WHY IT IS IN THE COMICS TO LET THE NEXT GENERATION GROW UP WITHOUT HATRED OR DISLIKE FOR SOMEONES DIFFERENT LIFESTYLES! THIS MUST HAPPEN TO CREATE A MORE CIVIL SOCIETY IN THE FUTURE... DO YOU REALLY REGRUDGE THE GAYS OF HAVING EQUALITY IN THE FUTURE?!

But dont go printing that kind of stuff in comics where you can influence younger people that is just wrong.
At what point in the comics does it say, 'Hey I'm pink batman - batmans gay brother.. why don't you come and be gay with me? hey its a blast!'... I dont think so.

In today's coming of age we still have people like you.. god help the kids.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
methinks the OP doth protest too much.
(that's for you big boy. RAWR!!)

you are wrong but I gotta love the sense of humor man

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk

you should do the same thing, when gay characters are introduced to your entertainment outlets.

my entertainment outlet is right here on this post tonight

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Don't take it personal man. Calling you a closet homosexual is just them admitting that they have no real argument. It is like pulling the race card or something.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Alright ya'll im callin it a night

THANKS FOR ALL THE LAUGHS!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!!!!!

goodnight everyone

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Don't take it personal man. Calling you a closet homosexual is just them admitting that they have no real argument. It is like pulling the race card or something.

haha thanks boss. this turned into a fun post it did

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

It is not influencing children.

Whether you believe it or not homosexuals are born homosexuals. It is a proven fact. Homosexuality is no more a choice than heterosexuality is.

Comic books will not make children all of a sudden think about being gay. However it may keep them from being an ignorant bigot that thinks homosexuality is a disease or a sign of a depraved person and anyone who is gay should be treated with scorn or as second class citizens. Homosexuality is a fact of life and having them in comic books is no different than having heterosexuals in comic books.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

NOW LET THE HATE POSTS BEGIN!!!!!
go ahead tell me how evil and in sensitive and wrong you believe I am because I refuse to look the other way on the situation

No matter how hard you try to appear as if you are, I don't think you are evil, or insensitive.

You are just close-minded, ignorant, and scared. That is ok though, because if you actually wanted to alleviate these fears, you could do so by opening up your mind.

What exactly is it, about your hate-filled opinion, that causes you to feel that it is necessary to spread it to others?

As I am reading through this thread, your posts continue to reinforce my initial thoughts.

Such as this↓ post.

my entertainment outlet is right here on this post tonight

Ignorant? Yes.
Scared? Yes.
Hate? Yes, but not evil, just ignorant hate.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

As I said before it is a choice.

Then let me ask you this question: When did you choose to be hetrosexual?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

So you believe sexuality is a choice. So I want you to think back real hard, now tell me when you made your choice to be heterosexual. See, a gay person can't tell you when either.

Did you know that the more children a woman has the chance of each succesive baby Being homosexual increases. Homosexuality is in no way a choice. Some people are simply born with an attraction to the same gender.

I ask you again, when did you make your choice to be heterosexual?

edit on 25-9-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

will do. Thanx for the chuckle

No problem, you gave me one too

Also, I would recommend you, not to drink Pepsi beverage. Following your logic it might turn you gay.

Watch it only with your straigh-glasses on.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Gay comic book characters... why not gay comic book characters?

Most people that read comic books are teens to adults.... and by that point in life, most have figured out which way they lean...so to speak.

Children are not as ignorant of such matters as some think. I'm not talking about 5 and 6 yr olds...I'm talking about 10-12-14 yr old kids. Heck, they see worse on the internet at home researching a paper or project for school.... or even on TV and cable.

Lastly...and this is purely my opinion... Gay people have a right to live their life as they see fit. What they do at home and tastefully do in public is none of my business. I am not gay. I love women....I manage a feed store and am around men all day and I really don't remember too many of them...but I DO REMEMBER the women in the jeans and tight horse riding attire...point is Gays are people too. They are Americans, here in America...duh, and they have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness...like all people here...and anywhere else for that matter.

Morally, I don't agree with the lifestyle...but some of the folks at church don't like my drinking beer and wine and going fishing on Sunday sometimes. Big Deal.... I have a few gay friends...know a lot more that are aqaintances...and most of them are the nicest, funniest, damn folks I ever met... and some are grand fathers and spoil their grand kids terribly.... geat with kids...funny...nice and generous... out side of riding their horse on that side of the fence....what's not to like.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

no that is a NORMAL couple the way it is suppossed to be

whats normal man?
if they are born like that then let them live their lives the way they want
just because you think something doesnt mean that makes another persons views wrong

I'm sorry but I dont believe anyone is BORN gay. That is something that occurs later on it is a CHOICE they make

if we are born straight i dont see why its so hard to believe? and i dont know why you think you know that unless your hiding in ya closet.
gay animals are seen in many different species, its a well known fact.
i dont see why they would have any more choice then we would.
get over yourself douche, if you really need to say this stuff to others then your either a sad piece of defication or your a closet homo..
people who are comfortable with there sexuality dont get upset about this stuff

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

no that is a NORMAL couple the way it is suppossed to be

whats normal man?
if they are born like that then let them live their lives the way they want
just because you think something doesnt mean that makes another persons views wrong

I'm sorry but I dont believe anyone is BORN gay. That is something that occurs later on it is a CHOICE they make

if we are born straight i dont see why its so hard to believe? and i dont know why you think you know that unless your hiding in ya closet.
gay animals are seen in many different species, its a well known fact.
i dont see why they would have any more choice then we would.
get over yourself douche, if you really need to say this stuff to others then your either a sad piece of defication or your a closet homo..
people who are comfortable with there sexuality dont get upset about this stuff

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

if they choose to go with someone of the same sex theres nothing I can do about it. everyone has free choice just like I CHOSE to post this topic and you CHOSE to reply.

But that is not what being gay means. Gay (homosexual) means being sexually attracted to the same gender, not to have sex with the same gender. Even a virgin can be gay. Sexual attraction cannot be chosen, contrary to the act of having sex.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The main reason for this is due to the abandonment of the archaic and quite laughable Comic Book Code that has been steadily progressing over the years, for example in 1989 the Code was changed to permit for non-stereotyped characters and depictions of homosexuals. Fortunately most publishers have moved beyond such nonsense and now permit their writes and artists far greater creative freedom which sadly has probably come too little too late for the industry given the overall wane of printed media these days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join