It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gay comic book characters WHAT IS THIS COUNTRY COMING TOO??????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I am posting this in the political madness area because that is exactly what it is. The politicians who have been supporting gay activists to get their votes and those politicians that are gays themselves eaither in or out of the closet are the ones who have forced us as americans to treat gays equal and made it a crime if we dont. (which I believe is ridiculos) So they have takin it a step further now they are trying to get our children into it by creating gay characters in comic books. I am sorry but I feel this is taking it too far. Comics are suppossed to be entertaining. Not used to sell homosexual propaganda and tell our kids it is alright to be gay. THIS REALLY IS MADNESS. I understand equal rights OK FINE! I dont have to like it but if i say or do anything agianst it I go to jail. Anyway if ur gay ok i cant change that that is fine. if that is what floats your boat hey have at it. But dont go printing that kind of stuff in comics where you can influence younger people that is just wrong.

And that’s just what happened in the real world. Meanwhile, in Gotham City, a lesbian crimefighter patrols rooftops with her young female sidekick. And in Riverdale, all-American home of perpetual teenager Archie Andrews and his pals, a gay classmate is graduating to his own comic book.

today.msnbc.msn.com...

I used to be a fan of the Archie comics. After reading this article tho I will not read another one this is sad is what it is.

There there is my piece. NOW LET THE HATE POSTS BEGIN!!!!!
go ahead tell me how evil and in sensitive and wrong you believe I am because I refuse to look the other way on the situation

edit on 25/9/2011 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

so is it propoganda to have straight couples in comic books?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I fail to see what you are on about.

You are judgmental about this topic it seems. If you don't like it, don't read it, simple. As for influencing younger kids, i strongly doubt that.

vvv

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
no that is a NORMAL couple the way it is suppossed to be

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Well I thought America is a free country isn't she ? Gays, animal sex, drugs, rape hah and everything is allowed in America, any law stated by the country is against the freedom of the people.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnocksMeDead
Well I thought America is a free country isn't she ? Gays, animal sex, drugs, rape hah and everything is allowed in America, any law stated by the country is against the freedom of the people.

Cheers.

at least someone has a sense of humor

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
What? When I read comics, it was for the action and entertainment. But I read certain ones because they had characters I could relate to.

When I was a kid I liked Spider Man, he was a frail nerdy teenager who just couldn't get anywhere in life. Then one day BAM superhero.

Whats wrong with gay people finding characters they can relate to in something they find enjoyable?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
I fail to see what you are on about.

You are judgmental about this topic it seems. If you don't like it, don't read it, simple. As for influencing younger kids, i strongly doubt that.

vvv

call me what ya like that is my oponion and if you look back at the end of the post you will see where I said i refuse to read it anymore

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
adam and steve work hard consume lots and they dont have kids,Thats exactly the type of person the elite are looking for right now. hence the promotion

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
Nothing is "normal" except for what you perceive to be normal. And I'm sorry to get all philosophical but it the truth. We are the result of random mutations and natural selection. My old dog wasn't normal in your opinion. Try telling my dog how to have sex normally. You have to be one of the most ignorant posters on ATS JROCK.

PS - There was comics with "gay propaganda" made before you were even born.

link   

whats normal man?
if they are born like that then let them live their lives the way they want
just because you think something doesnt mean that makes another persons views wrong

link   

Originally posted by akapapasmurf
adam and steve work hard consume lots and they dont have kids,Thats exactly the type of person the elite are looking for right now. hence the promotion

Reading a comic book wont turn boys gay.

link   

Don't worry. Kids don't read Archie comics. They play video games full of the ol ultra violence.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

whats normal man?
just because you think something doesnt mean that makes another persons views wrong

I'm sorry but I dont believe anyone is BORN gay. That is something that occurs later on it is a CHOICE they make

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Comics have shown men in tights, wearing their underwear on the outside in comics for years.

I believe gay people pay their taxes and are part of the community and the days of the 'confirmed bachelor' ended years ago.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

You do realize that most comic books now days are sold to 'older kids'....and by 'older' I mean 20 -mid 30's.Comic books haven't been written for children in decades my friend....It's become a genuine art form. Have you not noticed how many gritty and realistic movies have been adaptions of comic books in the last 10 years?!?!
You really don't have a clue about comic books if you've just realized there are gay characters....Gay characters have been in comics since the 90's if not earlier.

To be honest, hearing this rant against other human beings that have a different sexual preference from you being in comic books is no different than the rants people went on about 'horrible' it was for young kids being exposed to inter-racial couples in times past. I find such hate based prejudiced among the most abhorrent and immoral things I encounter. What exactly do you think is going to happen to a kid if they read about a gay person anyway? I'm glad I wasn't brought up with such hatred in my heart that I would want to ban homosexual characters out of comic books.....to be perfectly honest, I find such attitudes nauseating.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
i grew up, and read many of these comics back then...

lambiek.net...

gays in funnies is nothing new or shocking...
once there was a cartoon character 'captain piss gums', just think of a crew of all male pirates & how distasteful the situation could become if wanton, unrestrained sodomy was an acceptable lifestyle

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
What is with the influx of randomly named users who only change the color of their backgrounds and the font? Their actions seem troll-ish.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

You have to be one of the most ignorant posters on ATS JROCK.

OUCH!!!! your insults cut to the bone

an I dont know all about the talkin to ur dog stuff

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

whats normal man?

I'm sorry but I dont believe anyone is BORN gay. That is something that occurs later on it is a CHOICE they make

JROCK, from now on I will consider you the spokesman for all homosexuals. Any time I have a question about gays I will be sure to ask you. I'm sure you won't mind.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join