It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gay comic book characters WHAT IS THIS COUNTRY COMING TOO??????

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
... the ones who have forced us as americans to treat gays equal and made it a crime if we dont. (which I believe is ridiculos)

You're so funny! How dare we be forced to treat people equally as the Constitution states!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
The comics I used to read as a kid 30 years ago had a few suspect gay characters in hindsight.

The 7 Best Gay Characters in Comics

This is common in old movies, too. The documentary The Celluloid Closet explores the subject.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I don't understand the outrage, when homosexuality has been part of human history...since human history began and I'm sure far before. time to get over it, or look the other way. that's like getting pissed off when it rains..are you mad at gay penguins and chimpanzees too?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Wait a minute, you can't read Batman any more because there is homosexuality in it?

[Insert picture of Robin here]

---

It sounds to me like the OP is more afraid of being influenced by homosexuality. There's nothing wrong with being gay dude, none of us at ATS will judge you for it. But we will see the conspiracy in your judging...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
get over it, its the 21st century for f**k sake, as long as theirs no graphic scenes in a kids comic (and that goes for any sexuality) who cares. stop being a biggot

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I know...AquaMan? C'mon!

CJ

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I know...AquaMan? C'mon!

CJ

Worse......Seaman!!

I know, i'm terrible and will facepalm myself.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Lets be real all super heroes are kinda gay...

Itz time for a sexy party.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Agreed, brightly colored tights and "secret" identities..
..very suspect.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Gay comic books are offensive but Hustler isn't? Come on.
Let's try not to act like we have some delicate sensibilities because it is all bout sex which sells no matter who is buying it. Your morality is already gone.
edit on 25-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Agreed.

When did we give a damn about the sexuality of superheroes?

yeah, you had a little flirtation with super man and lois, the tension between cat woman and batman, and....thats about it.

This is about ramming this garbage down the throats of most americans.

Do we want/need to go beat the hell out of gays because their gay? No.

Must we completely condone the gay lifestyle? No.

I have gay friends but I still think they are peculiar as hell....but this crap isnt from them.

This is from the lot I call "Screaming Fags".

They DO NOT represent the majority and they have a mondo agenda.

How do you destroy a society/country? From within and at the roots.....

the children. My daughter who is 12 has came home (more than once) telling me about some kid that just "knows" they are bisexual. 10-20 kids in the same small school? Horse crap.

www.foxnews.com...

And god forbid you say anything "anti gay".

western_hills_high_school2

Western Hills High School.
Related Video

Controversy Discussed on FoxNews.com LIVE

Fox News Radio's Todd Starnes on student suspended for comments

“Dakota is a very well-grounded 14-year-old,” she told Fox News Radio noting that her son is an honors student, plays on the football team and is active in his church youth group. “He’s been in church his whole life and he’s been taught to stand up for what he believes.”

And that’s what got him in trouble.

Dakota was in a German class at the high school when the conversation shifted to religion and homosexuality in Germany. At some point during the conversation, he turned to a friend and said that he was a Christian and “being a homosexual is wrong.”

“It wasn’t directed to anyone except my friend who was sitting behind me,” Dakota told Fox. “I guess [the teacher] heard me. He started yelling. He told me he was going to write me an infraction and send me to the office.”

Dakota was sentenced to one day in-school suspension – and two days of full suspension. His mother was flabbergasted, noting that her son had a spotless record, was an honor student, volunteered at his church and played on the school football team.

Officials at the high school did not return calls for comment. However, the Fort Worth Independent School District issued a statement that read:

“As a matter of course, Fort Worth ISD does not comment on specific employee or student-related issues. Suffice it to say that we are following district policy in our review of the circumstances and any resolution will likewise be in accordance with district policy.”

After a meeting with Pope and her attorney, the school rescinded the two-day suspension so Dakota would be allowed to play in an upcoming football game.

After a meeting with Pope and her attorney, the school rescinded the two-day suspension so Dakota would be allowed to play in an upcoming football game.

“They’ve righted all the wrongs,” said Matt Krause, an attorney with the Liberty Counsel. “This should have no lasting effect on his academic or personal record going forward.”

Pope contacted the Liberty Counsel immediately after her son was punished.

“I told the school that he should never have been suspended for exercising his Constitutional rights,” Krause told Fox News Radio. “The principal is sincere in trying to do the right thing and hopefully they will tell the teacher, ‘Do not do that anymore.’ He won’t be pushing his agenda.”

Krause called the incident “mind blowing” and said the teacher had frequently brought homosexuality into ninth grade classroom discussions.

“There has been a history with this teacher in the class regarding homosexual topics,” Krause said. “The teacher had posted a picture of two men kissing on a wall that offended some of the students.”

The screaming queens are doing every bit as much harm to straights and gays getting along as Farrakhan or his likes are doing to black white relations.

Oh, If I were Kais..... president.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think this one explains it best...

“If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.”
― Noam Chomsky

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
The comics I used to read as a kid 30 years ago had a few suspect gay characters in hindsight.

The 7 Best Gay Characters in Comics

They missed out Enigma, that was a pretty crazy twist in that
but what a comic!!

en.wikipedia.org...

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1316980911&sr=1-1

I read some pretty pathetic comments from people about that too though.

You're always gonna get ignorant, intolerant morons.....

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
While they want you to think its about inclusiveness, its not. Its all part of Eugenices. The Rockefellers, Bill Gates, the Al Gores, George Soros' of the World think there are too many people. This is why the UN is constantly getting caught injecting populations of third world nations with sterilizing agents.

UNICEF Nigerian Polio Vaccine Contaminated with Sterilizing Agents Scientist Finds

Thats why theres BPA in so many products, because its causing sterility in men.

This is also why there is an agenda at hand to promote gay, transgender, cross dressing and the effeminate male. Hollywood is the primary propaganda hub. The NWO does not want viral men reproducing and making babaies. They want to eradicate and demonize the idea of the gun toting, self sufficient, strong "masculine macho man" because we are the the last line of defense against the NWO take over.

As though an army of skirt wearing butt pirates are going to resist the NWO and take up arms against these maniacs.

edit on 25-9-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

so acceptance of gay/alternative lifestyles=Reduction in human population??...
wow.

that's quite a theory.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Ridiculous.....

why do people think its wrong to be gay. First off, we as the human species dont even know ourselves if that statements in itself is even worded correctly.

How do you even know that its a choice. You cant be wrong if that's just the way you are. Its genetics man, sometimes us boys get a little bit of extra mommy while were cookin in the oven and vice versa. Thats life...
edit on 25-9-2011 by mthgs602 because: im an idiot

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Nothing new here.
We've had gay superheroes before.
Marvel comics has NorthStar who's openly gay for ages.
en.wikipedia.org...
And they are just now catching on?

Much ado about nothing.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

no that is a NORMAL couple the way it is suppossed to be

whats normal man?
if they are born like that then let them live their lives the way they want
just because you think something doesnt mean that makes another persons views wrong

I'm sorry but I dont believe anyone is BORN gay. That is something that occurs later on it is a CHOICE they make

Keyword my friend, "Believe".
I think we can all see you're a mere believer, who presents no facts, and just states controversial claims in order to get replies. Troll?
This is your pattern I've observed:

[Opinion, opinion, opinion.
Ignore real questions.
Opinion. No facts. Opinion.
I believe, I believe, I believe.
You're wrong, I'm right. (Expecting and indeed knowing this will bring 'hate' responses)
Pathetic front about "Love Life, these responses don't hurt me and nobody can ever
possibly get through to me because I'm not wrong. Ever.
Laugh, laugh, laugh. Thumbs up. I think this is actually working...]

Am I close? ^^^
Actually, you kinda remind me of my ex-girlfriend in a way
State what you believe, but my grandma also believes that people: talked to burning bushes, snakes that tell you not to eat fruit, men parting masses of water with their hands, old men building leviathans which house every single insect, animal, and amphibian ever created; two of them actually, and that homosexuals CHOOSE to be gay..... She doesn't know how to think for herself. She is a BELIEVER, not a thinker. You follow the same pattern my friend.
I suggest you start thinking and looking at evidence, and presenting evidence. It will benefit your wonderful, 'love fulfilled' life you boast about so often. It's really an awesome feeling to be able to critical think. So, I'm not trying to offend you mah man, I'm just stating what I 'believe'.

Oh, and to repeat the question of many: "When did you choose to be 'straight'?"
I remember when I chose to be a male. It was right before I chose to be Italian.....
Hahahahahaha, you JRock my world man, thanks. (too gay? my bad)

PS: Do you have a tail, sharp teeth, a big nose, messy hair/fur, and wield a large wooden club?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
While they want you to think its about inclusiveness, its not. Its all part of Eugenices. The Rockefellers, Bill Gates, the Al Gores, George Soros' of the World think there are too many people. This is why the UN is constantly getting caught injecting populations of third world nations with sterilizing agents.

UNICEF Nigerian Polio Vaccine Contaminated with Sterilizing Agents Scientist Finds

Thats why theres BPA in so many products, because its causing sterility in men.

This is also why there is an agenda at hand to promote gay, transgender, cross dressing and the effeminate male. Hollywood is the primary propaganda hub. The NWO does not want viral men reproducing and making babaies. They want to eradicate and demonize the idea of the gun toting, self sufficient, strong "masculine macho man" because we are the the last line of defense against the NWO take over.

As though an army of skirt wearing butt pirates are going to resist the NWO and take up arms against these maniacs.

edit on 25-9-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)
Very true. The so called "gay agenda" needs to go, keep that garbage away from my children. Trying to pass the gay lifestyle off as wholesome is a completely warped idea. Whats next?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

this is why the bible is a huge FAIL.

its already been worked out in another recent thread that god and satan are actually gay lovers in a fight and thats why theres all of the anti gay sentiment

i hate people like you. nothing better to do with your time then to rant about topics which do not personally affect you in any way. you just want to be a part of something bigger to feel important.

live for yourself, dont care about what other people do

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join