gay comic book characters WHAT IS THIS COUNTRY COMING TOO??????

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
no that is a NORMAL couple the way it is suppossed to be

According to whom? Your extremely limited view of the world?

call me what ya like that is my oponion

I will, you're a homophobe.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

you know my friend I may not agree with what you have to say but I respect that you can post an educated reply without reverting to childish name calling or insults as so many do. As I said I do not HATE gays. I dont agree with the life style. As I said in my OP if they want to be gay I can't stop them. personally that is just not my cup of tea. I personally find that nauseating. I just ran across this article on msn and was quite perplexed to find that the Archie comics came out with a gay charachter. I thought they were a conservative comic well thanks to all for your replies Negative of positive. And hornbuckle thanks for your mannerisms! I believe your post deserves a star.

I think you need to look closely at your own words here... Especially...

I dont agree with the life style. As I said in my OP if they want to be gay I can't stop them. personally that is just not my cup of tea.

You don’t agree with it?!?!

You see that? The problem lies with YOU... It's your problem and YOU who needs to change. I can’t look across my neighbour’s fence and decided to go and tell them that I "don’t agree with the way they live their life" if that way is not affecting me until I started peering into their garden.

One Gay comic character out of the thousands of straight ones hardly represents a gay takeover... Sorry to say it again... but it’s YOU with the problem.

Peace
edit on 25-9-2011 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

Yep, I would agree with that.

I am not gay, in fact I am a straight, married man. I have no problem with gay people whatsoever - live and let live I say. Who am I to question somebody elses lifestyle choices? In fact, I actually don't think about it really. When I talk to somebody, I am not looking at them trying to determine their sexuality, I try to determine if they are of good character and whether they are a good person or not. Anybody who focuses on anothers sexuality is, at the very least, extremely repressed themselves.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
We all start off life as female, that includes you OP

The part of the brain that determines sexuality is developed in a person whilst still in the mothers womb.

Yes, people are born gay, the vast majority of gay people will tell you that.
Ask a Chinaman what Russia is like, even though he's never been, he'd probably be totally wrong by giving you an opinion of Russia based on what he has been told by people who haven't been there either. I guess that's fine for you though.

There are gay children in our schools whether you like that fact or not, why shouldn't all children be taught that it's okay to be gay? Some people are, most are not.
Gay kids get bullied for being gay or being perceived as gay, that is wrong. Some kids commit suicide due to the fact they can't cope, not only with the bullying but to be such a 'horrific,immoral, abnormal thing'.Then they have the worry of their family and friends finding out. These are kids remember! We should be there to support them.

You can't influence sexuality no more than grow a pair of breasts at will. (I'm sure someone on here will swear they can do just that)
Most gay people are surrounded by straight people whilst they are growing up, they're still gay...(getting it?)

edit on 25-9-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The comics I used to read as a kid 30 years ago had a few suspect gay characters in hindsight.

Biffo the Bear
Desperate Dan (the name says enough, though he did like to eat cow pies)
& Banaman ( the outfit was quite gay, with him holding peeled banana in his hand).

I'm not sure they influenced me though.

Minnie the Minx, a tomboy little girl who dressed like a boy and played with boys toys
edit on 25-9-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

closet are the ones who have forced us as americans to treat gays equal and made it a crime if we dont. (which I believe is ridiculos)

Is it really?!? It is ridiculous to say that one group of humans should be treated equal to all other groups?!?

I am a transsexual. That means I look like a woman, have the body of a woman but I still have my male equipment. I am very careful when a man hits on me I let them know right away what I am. The problem is some are homophobes and if they got tuned on before they find out what I am they sometimes want to hurt me.

I dont mean just hurt me they want to hurt me to death.

I am a human being. I deserve to live who I am just as much as you.

I personally do not like the idea of Gay comics either but dont go thinking that I should not be equal to other humans.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Thank you for letting us all know that you are a homophobe.

So it is ok that we have had decades upon decades of hearing love stories between straight comic book characters but god forbid they are gay.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

no that is a NORMAL couple the way it is suppossed to be

As an artist, any subject is open for interpretation. If I choose to write a book about two gay dads who are superheros at night, so? Are you denying there are gay dads? Also, do you HAVE to be hetero to be a COMIC BOOK SUPERHERO? How old are you? 8? Are you scared that superman may also like dudes? Who cares? Do writers of comic books have to write what you want them to write? How many people are going to buy this? Do you think it will be big? No. It's a shock tactic so people like you will get upset and talk about it so more people will be aware of it when they CHANGE IT. They are as homophobic as you are.

CJ

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

normalcy bias son .

its everywhere and soon society will accept open gay relations not just in adults but allso in children.

it will happen and if anyone steps up they are branded biggots and homophobic

take that #ing neighbours aussie soap teenage queer main stream charecter .. he aint got a boyfriend yet but he will and his first kissy kissy scene with some other queer will provoke parental outrage for a minority of parents and after a while it will be acceptable for all masses as a 21st century normality, and the kids will take it all in.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by akapapasmurf

Yo broski and Hutch,

your point is - Homosexuality = pedophilia and bestiality? You can't be serious?

CJ
edit on 25-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I'm sorry but I dont believe anyone is BORN gay. That is something that occurs later on it is a CHOICE they make

Does this mean you find both men and women sexually attractive.. but have chosen just to sleep with women..
It sounds to me like you are not being very honest with yourself in regards to your sexual orientation..

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Contrary to what you may believe people who are gay don't become that way through propaganda, they're born that way. Is it okay to say that African American characters are not allowed to be in comic books then because they are born a different skin color...because REALLY what's the difference? I think it's great that they have come out with gay characters in comic books because now those kids who are growing up confused and scared to be who they really are ( mostly because of bigots like you) have some kind of character to look up to and give them the strength to live their lives freely and openly.
Fictional characters are supposed to represent some sort of truth in society and, unfortunately for you, the Equal Rights Movement is something that is very real and relevant.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ignoranceisnotbliss2011

If you don't like reading comics with gay characters, then don't read them.
What would you do if your son or daughter told you they were gay or bisexual?
Would you not love them as much, or would you just want them to be happy?
I am not gay, but I believe that EVERYONE has a right to be happy and true to themselves. No matter what sexual orientation, skin color, religious beliefs, political beliefs etc.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" -Voltaire

If you have the right to speak your mind on a forum such as this, then why shouldn't homosexuals have the right to express themselves through relatable characters? What makes you so much better then them?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

This is exactly what I said to someone about this christian
problem everyone seems to have.Homosexuals are "protected"
by the laws of the land.Their abominable lifestyle is encouraged
in our youth and taught as being normal.
Christians know that homosexuallity is a sin and is not an
acceptable lifestyle choice.Homosexuals are free to make any
choices they want for themselves,BUT,you leave my kids' alone!
Go peddle your gay comics in the adult bookstores where they
belong!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I think they are just coming out of the closet. Did you really think Robin from old Batman stuff was straight?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Comics (most of them) are supposed to be entertaining. But, they are also about heroes. Everyone needs a hero to look up to every now and then. That includes people who are homosexuals.

For what its worth, one person's hero is sometimes another person's villain. Its a funny old world that way.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

I liked this post it really gave me a good laugh.
A star for you on this one!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by UniverSoul

Yep, I would agree with that.

I am not gay, in fact I am a straight, married man. I have no problem with gay people whatsoever - live and let live I say. Who am I to question somebody elses lifestyle choices? In fact, I actually don't think about it really. When I talk to somebody, I am not looking at them trying to determine their sexuality, I try to determine if they are of good character and whether they are a good person or not. Anybody who focuses on anothers sexuality is, at the very least, extremely repressed themselves.

You should have just posted this and left. By arguing with others you are trying to influence them.

That being said, why do they have to convert old comic characters to now be gay?

Why don't they show some creativity and start something original?

By logical deduction I would say most super heroes were already gay. I mean come on who dresses up in costumes to fight injustice?

LoL reminds me of a gay rights parade really.

This is coming from a former reader of Spider-man (doesn't he look like a red and blue alien?)
edit on 25-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

You do realize that most comic books now days are sold to 'older kids'....and by 'older' I mean 20 -mid 30's.Comic books haven't been written for children in decades my friend....It's become a genuine art form. Have you not noticed how many gritty and realistic movies have been adaptions of comic books in the last 10 years?!?!
You really don't have a clue about comic books if you've just realized there are gay characters....Gay characters have been in comics since the 90's if not earlier.

To be honest, hearing this rant against other human beings that have a different sexual preference from you being in comic books is no different than the rants people went on about 'horrible' it was for young kids being exposed to inter-racial couples in times past. I find such hate based prejudiced among the most abhorrent and immoral things I encounter. What exactly do you think is going to happen to a kid if they read about a gay person anyway? I'm glad I wasn't brought up with such hatred in my heart that I would want to ban homosexual characters out of comic books.....to be perfectly honest, I find such attitudes nauseating.

Well said ! I couldn't agree more....

And JROCK2527 I do not understand you at all.... you are a homophobe, and you may very well be struggling with finding your own sexuality....if you're gay its ok !

I doubt it will 'turn' the kids at all, they should be introduced to gay characters, if kids are constantly having the wool pulled over their eyes about the LGBT community, then they will not only, not understand the LGBT community, but also go on to harbour hatred and intolerance, for they fear what they do not know and understand.....

peace.....

fluffx

edit on 25-9-2011 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join