It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kat's Halloween Thread & Costume Contest

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

WOW....what is it going to be? I HAVE to see this when it's finished.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

DISCLAIMER: The heavy eye make up I'm wearing is NOT my everyday thing...just so you know....I just did it for Halloween

You shouldn't feel obligated to explain... anyone who passes judgement on something like that is an idiot anyway!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
WOW....what is it going to be? I HAVE to see this when it's finished.

I'll put up the finished costume. I'm installing lights in the belt now. This started when I found a Don Post mask for 2.00 at a thrift store. I added silver tusks and painted the nose gun metal gray. I already had the weapon. The codpiece is going to be the hardest part. There's a fair amount of quilting too. The shin and shoulder pads will be paper mache. I should start on those tonight. Have you guessed my name yet?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

In fairness the pirate was her costume from last year, this year she is going to be a butterfly. I will post a pic of her when she dresses up for her halloween party (which I just found out I will be hosting lol) on sunday.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

You're so right....that's a bad habit of mine.!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Oooooh I KNOW it but I can' think of the name.....some super hero type. Reminds me of a character from Tennage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Grrrr I hate it when something is on the tip of my tongue but I can't think of it!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by srsen

Holy shiznitz! Put an old scary record on, some good flashing lights and kids will be scared out of their pantaloons to come to your door...crimney that is good!

CJ

We wont be getting any kids at our dorrs - that part of it doesnt happen in Australia. Its just a night to dress up scary and party! The manequin will be going n the haunted maze we're making and will have pitch black room, flashing lights and an arm that shoots out at the people as they walk past!

Will post pics in next or two of costume and maze stuff

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

You did an excellent job! Can't wait to see the pics!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Looking forward to it....I love kids, especially on Halloween and Christmas!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The belt is made from leather, foam core, beer can, card stock, plastic sheet, Christmas lights, wood plugs, and washers.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

You are so creative!
It's driving me crazy trying to guess what it will be.....can you give me a hint?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
can you give me a hint?

My girlfriend will be my secret daughter and enemy. I will destroy her home planet.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

HAHAHA!!! Really Kat? The chest piece was a dead give-away.

Gentledissident: Can't wait to see how this comes out. You sure are putting a lot of effort into it. Very creative.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

I haven't got a clue....really! I don't watch sci fi if that's where it's from....

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I was making changes up to the last minute. The costume isn't complete and there are some bugs to work out, but it has the important parts and held up well enough. We forgot the camera. We'll get dressed up again for Halloween.

This year's downtown party was small and uneventful. However, there were some expensive costumes like never before. The entire Star Wars Empire was there. I know they spent around a thousand each on their costumes. My Vader costume was appreciated though. Kids loved it, and my picture was taken. There were little Vaders everywhere. I think people are finally understanding that Star Wars was written about the time we are living in.

There were also Dr Who costumes. There were very few scary costumes. I don't remember any at all. It's like we've all been tuned to the same wavelength.

Halloween is weird this year. I'm sure Xmas will be as well. Things are changing around me. People are acting differently. I think we all feel a change coming. I've been on edge for months
edit on 29-10-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I came across this pic and couldn't resist in putting it on here.
Parent of the year award!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I wanted to post this picture of my daughter after her first trick or treating experience. Needless to say, she loved it

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Darn...it's so big that you can't even see that she is double fisting....lol Oh well, maybe one day I will get the hang of this!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Alright, so Halloween Aussie style has been run and done and what a massive night it was! Still feeling the very real hangover

And here is the pic of my outfit. Took my 2 n a half hours to apply all the pieces i made - was a hit! Everyone loved it lol

Of course it looked HEAPS better in real-life. The 2D nature of the pics dont show its full gruesomeness! People were fingering my wounds all night lol!!
edit on 30-10-2011 by srsen because: .

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by newsoul

Darn...it's so big that you can't even see that she is double fisting....lol Oh well, maybe one day I will get the hang of this!

don't worry ...if you right click on the image..then click view image... you get the whole picture..

Shes adorable.. and it looks like she is ecstatic.. very cute pic!!
edit on 30-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join