It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was inspired, so I ran with it -- Let's start the MYSTERY PHONE MOVEMENT!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Scattering thumb drives are a bad idea, if reported law enforcement may get involved under the belief they are tracking a hacker of sorts. //cue scary music//

Stick with the phone, it's more appealing, original, and fairly benign as a device to spread knowledge, but then again CDs can hold more data and you can keep you intended audience focused.

Re: Alfa1 your post reminds me of this USB tactic:

We figured we would try something different by baiting the same employees that were on high alert. We gathered all the worthless vendor giveaway thumb drives collected over the years and imprinted them with our own special piece of software. I had one of my guys write a Trojan that, when run, would collect passwords, logins and machine-specific information from the user’s computer, and then email the findings back to us.

The next hurdle we had was getting the USB drives in the hands of the credit union’s internal users. I made my way to the credit union at about 6 a.m. to make sure no employees saw us. I then proceeded to scatter the drives in the parking lot, smoking areas, and other areas employees frequented.

"Social Engineering, the USB Way", source: www.darkreading.com...
edit on 25-9-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Loose change and zeitgeist? does anyone still take these seriously?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
CDs might work too, but not as well because people will associate it with promotional crap or spam.
If you ever been to a busy city like NYC, you probably know that every so often someone comes up to you trying to give you a DEMO or EP CD of their band or music. And how many times did you find a AOL CD in your mail box when checking for mail lol. We all been there.

USB drives on the other hand make people feel like they found something that belongs to someone that might have something in it that they "shouldn't" see lol. Putting the whole "Human Curiosity" thing to good use.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Tangled2011

thank you, I plan to do it again, but I think more people should do it. to sacrifice something you paid for to try to help others, that's admirable. who knows, maybe it would grow to the point where the media reports on "mystery phones". lol

The only thing I'd worry is the media and or home land security may try to spin it into some home grown terrorism BS. I can only imagine what they will say.

" Mystery phones, seemingly lost of forgotten phones are turning up all over the country. Could this be the work of home grown terrorists? Tune in at 6, to learn how to prevent the spread of Cellular weapons of mass destruction, and save your country. "

Yep, pretty sure that's exactly how it would go. Most likely it would be labeled a Chemical, or Biological weapon of sorts. I mean, they could try to claim some terrorist group has manufactured nano nukes, or perhaps even borrow from Angels and Demons and say it contains a small amount of Anti-Matter capable of Leveling a city when the battery runs out and it comes into contact with Matter.

I would love to get on board with this idea. I really like the Flash stick idea, I'm pretty sure I have at least a dozen 1 - 2 gig USB flash drives. I think I have some that are less than a gig too from school back in the day.

The only issue I can see here, is people would be extremely wary of Flash Drives. They can't tell what's on it, until they put it in their pc and open it and in some cases that is all it takes to get a real nasty virus. I still think it's a great idea, and I'm willing to sacrifice a drive or two. S + F for the OP !!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What a fantastic idea !!

credit to the dude who thought it up

hm mb i shall give it a go......peace

fluffx

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm really thinking about trying some of these methods out actually, always wanted to spread the word but it's not really every day conversation kinda stuff.

Think I'll give out CDs in the street and ask people if there interested in the economic situation and what can be done about it. Alot of people are pretty pissed right now and so are bound to accept a CD offering explanations. I may ask them if they ever wondered why 5% of the population owns 95% of the wealth or did they know that the Fed Reserve is a private company.

Thanks for the inspiration!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

In june of this year, member BobbyShaftoe wrote a thread (linked here) about an idea he had of leaving an old phone lying around and using it to wake people up by loading it with information. As soon as I read the thread, I was super inspired. At the time I didn't have an extra phone but I did talk to people about the idea and they all agreed it wouldn't hurt to try.

Fast forward to september. I've had an Iphone for a few months now, only because the sound element on my Palm Pre went out, so the ability to hear a phone call was gone. I finally decided to use that phone to test his idea.

First thing I did was wipe the phone clean by resetting it. I then wrote on a piece of paper "finding this phone is the beginning of your journey. look in the notes." I took a picture of the text and made it the wallpaper so that as soon as the phone was opened or turned on, that's what they would see.

In the notes section, the first note said "we don't know you but we want to help you. don't bother trying to sell this phone, it's not even worth trying to fix. read all the notes with an open mind."

For the remaining notes, I copied a list of threads from ATS and I will give credit to the authors:

Radiation found in U.S food - by Dalke07

U.S. government panel now pushing "vaccinations for all!" No exceptions - by Highlyoriginal

Genetically Engineered Food Alters Our Digestive Systems! - by Burntheships

All roads lead to Rome(from 'The United Nations and the Cold War' section until the end of the OP) - by Protoplasmictraveler

Suicide note of Guantanamo Prisoner - by December_rain

And the last note in the phone said "have you had enough? we don't think so. go to the videos now."

In the videos section I put two 5 minute clips from loose change 2, and one 5 minute clip from the federal reserve part of Zeitgeist. I edited the video at the end so some text showed that said "now look in the pictures".

The first picture was the full ATS logo and URL, with the 'deny ignorance' written underneath the URL.

The second picture was text that I threw together on adobe PS that said "go to the text messages. look in the 'sent' folder"

The only text in the phone said "leave this phone as you found it, in a busy location, and help somebody else. We will wake the world up."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone is familiar with Atlanta, I left the phone on the ledge next to the fountain in Centennial Olympic Park and walked across Andrew Young International and sat on a bench. Maybe 3 minutes later a young man picked it up and from where I was watching it seems like he was a little confused. He walked off while still going through the phone. I didn't follow him of course, but I hope that he leaves the phone so somebody else can find it.

edit on 24-9-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

This so called CLEVER idea of yours could backfire if it ends up in the hands of some mentally unstable person.. not cool at all....sorry ..just my Opinion

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
i like the idea of scattering ATS posters, was watching a tv show on street art the other day and was looking for an idea...... i wonder??

not doing anything illegal.... move along please

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Its nice to see someone takes notice and gives credit to a productive endevour by a fellow ATS member and I to am humbled by your simple but creative action, credit to the original op of the idea and to anyone who follows this example and takes steps towards encoraging an open mind in others even if the phone is only enjoyed by one member of the public then its a job well done.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilyich

thank you, I plan to do it again, but I think more people should do it. to sacrifice something you paid for to try to help others, that's admirable. who knows, maybe it would grow to the point where the media reports on "mystery phones". lol

The only thing I'd worry is the media and or home land security may try to spin it into some home grown terrorism BS. I can only imagine what they will say.

" Mystery phones, seemingly lost of forgotten phones are turning up all over the country. Could this be the work of home grown terrorists? Tune in at 6, to learn how to prevent the spread of Cellular weapons of mass destruction, and save your country. "

Yep, pretty sure that's exactly how it would go. Most likely it would be labeled a Chemical, or Biological weapon of sorts. I mean, they could try to claim some terrorist group has manufactured nano nukes, or perhaps even borrow from Angels and Demons and say it contains a small amount of Anti-Matter capable of Leveling a city when the battery runs out and it comes into contact with Matter.

I would love to get on board with this idea. I really like the Flash stick idea, I'm pretty sure I have at least a dozen 1 - 2 gig USB flash drives. I think I have some that are less than a gig too from school back in the day.

The only issue I can see here, is people would be extremely wary of Flash Drives. They can't tell what's on it, until they put it in their pc and open it and in some cases that is all it takes to get a real nasty virus. I still think it's a great idea, and I'm willing to sacrifice a drive or two. S + F for the OP !!!

As crazy as it is, if the media and homeland security consider people who seek to find the truth BEHIND the government facade, then I believe we are all homegrown terrorists and happy about it.. We gotta drop the fear... Then we'll win.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Noobastronomer

So everybody EXCEPT the mentally unstable have the right to know the truth..? Is that what you're telling me?

Also, I believe that if it weren't for the system, many people wouldn't be "mentally unstable".
edit on 25-9-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dex77

Whether or not people listen to Loose Change and Zeitgeist is not the point. They both present an alternative view point which serves as a gateway for those who are not awake. I've showed those documentaries to many people, all of whom dug deeper for a better understanding. I've been reading on ATS for something like 6 years, but it wasn't until I saw Zeitgeist that I made an account and got involved.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabbermatt
meh if you're going to link to ATS then you should atleast put a warning... 'take everything you read here with a grain of salt." would probably be the best thing to say or something like "Remember to research and form your OWN opinion, not absorb the opinions of those around you."

I dunno, something to atleast let them know that even this site has it's crack heads...

Once people come here, hopefully they'll go through what a lot of the new members go through, and that is being told by other members who actually care, to take things with a grain of salt. Also, the beautiful thing about ATS is that we can here positions as well as arguments.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

"It's easy counting the seeds in an apple,
but can someone count the apples in a seed?"

He did plant a "seed" (info/ideas in another human being) and who knows how many "apples" will come out of it in the long run.

Well done.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Love that you went ahead with this

With all the ideas floating about this thread thought I would share mine.

It's abit gorilla...

Just small stickers no text, in shops, public transport, lamp posts, Walls, street signs.

If people see enough of them and are curious what it points to they will scan it.

The one above points to this thread, but it wouldn't be difficult to populate a blog with videos and information and point it there.

It's not as interesting as leaving a phone but it eliminates the majority of the cost.

It's

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SHVR6471

Yes!!! People's curiosity would push them to scan one if it was on say a lamppost or something. And we can hope that the topic of the thread we send them to, can bait them deeper into the site.

Better yet, we can just go with ALL of these ideas.. That would be kinda hard to miss.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SHVR6471

Yeah nice idea said the same thing about QR codes in another thread last week thought it would be kinda simple and also link to anything you want ver nice work. ill scan ur code later.

Thing that made me think was a forum all in QR code didnt know what was happening until I scanned all comments very clever might be ATS in future QR comments.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
These are all great ideas. I agree that any and all methods of trying to wake people up should be commended, tried out and tested. Fliers, CD's, thumb drives, phones,

Personally I have found that the best technique is still word of mouth. Direct face to face contact with friends, acquaintances and family. Hinting a certain subjects, seeing their reactions and what peaks their interest. Then expanding on those subjects and opening up a dialogue. Suggesting websites, books and video documentaries.

Simply tell a friend and ask them to pass it on.

Certain topics are better than others to start with. Perhaps a bit of hidden history, info about the FED or health issues like GMO foods or flouride in water are subjects people can readily accept and fuel their desire to seek out more info.

Starting with issues like 9-11 or the NWO with people who are not ready to accept that these ideas are anything but conspiracy theory usually leads to a negative outcome.

Starting with any kind of religious or spiritual issues like with Zeitgeist part 1 might also create a negative reaction.

2012 or doomsday topics freak people out too much and they shift into denial and say things like "well there's nothing I ca do about it" or "I don't want to know"

UFO/Alien topics create a very skeptical and perhaps humorous atmosphere and it's then hard to be taken serious.

Most people are interested in health issues and money related issues. They probably already believe that bankers and Wall street are a bunch of crooks.

What are the specific topics and issues you're trying to wake people up to?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I have been thinking for a while about using WIFI. Perhaps a LiveCD Ubuntu "conspiracy edition". A downloadable LiveCD server so it can't be hacked, with Videos, web pages, PDF's etc. It would be run on an old PC, and as it would be a preconfigured liveCD, if is shut down it would reboot, plus it can't be hacked as it would be self contained on a CD DVD. Install a wireless card set up with an open wifi and let the fun begin.I can't post yet so if any geeks want to start a thread and run with this off you go.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I think this is a great idea! I will work on doing the same.
Great post and S&F

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join