It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was inspired, so I ran with it -- Let's start the MYSTERY PHONE MOVEMENT!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Well done, i have a Samsung Genio Touch and a clamshell basic Samsung, when i have time i'll pop some stuff on them.

It will be interesting to see if anyone signs up and writes an introduction about finding a phone...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I didn't bother reading every reply once I read a few cynical opinions. The few positive ones I did read, I agreed with. More power to you OP!!!

I have a Blackberry just dying to have a new purpose

the point is, even if your phone never makes it to the right person, You made an attempt, a very important one, to add knowledge and excitement to a fellow humans life. It would be an awesome day to hear that phone made it's way back to you, not in the physical sense per say, but by way of a new member arriving here at ATS with a fine story to tell. You did a good thing OP!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You want to wake people up? Get a bunch of young attractive boys and girls handing out a one paper summary of what we know minus the speculation. Simple as that.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

i well remember the original OP. good for you for actually doing it.

this thread is running much like the 1st did, with some contributors of ideas, others pointing out potential flaws, still others just being negative.

the important part is, one way or another, to communicate to others. spread the info, share the words, spread out the alarm clocks far and wide and a few more will wake up. more that participate, more will be reached.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Nice to see my idea being used again, i've dropped 6 phones up to now, good luck with this people

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Wow, I love this idea! I do agree that CDs would be the way to go over flash drives. I would test out a CD, especially if something super interesting was written on it, but there is no way in heck I would put a flash drive in my computer that was found on the ground. No matter how curious I was. I'd just assume it was full of harmful crap. But a CD.....I can see people trying that.

And don't put them in someone's mailbox, as was suggested earlier. It is actually illegal for anyone other than a postal employee to put anything in a mailbox. They need to be distributed in other ways.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Ameilia because: Typo

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I remember reading the original thread and was curious if anyone would actually do it. Well done!
I'm glad someone did it, but it might not have been the wisest of ideas basing it around ATS and using the logo.

Firstly, the guy who found it might come to this website and believes everything he reads, like a lot of people who come here. Which would leave him in a worse situation than he was to begin with.
Or he might read the first few threads he sees, realizes it's just crazy talk (like 90% of the threads here) and that he's been taken for a ride. And then for the rest of his life will be repelled by any talk of conspiracy.

Also, if the media catch on and report about it, they will no doubt assume it's an "official" ATS idea (because of the logo and threads), and label us/the site as mobile terrorists or information terrorists.

So I think it would be more effective using a USB stick (like someone else suggested) and linking people to the actual sources of information, so they can "discover" the information for themselves.

Just my opinion of course.

edit on 25/9/2011 by HexagonSun because: typo

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I like the idea but I question it's cost effectiveness. I think most people who find a phone or thumb drive would just erase the info and use it for themselves. There might be a few people who would spend the time to look at the info and pass it on. But that's not quite effective enough for the effort.

I liked the idea of leaving cds or dvds. But it's hard to get people to take it serious. We've all seen people handing out stuff on the sidewalk and they usually aren't given much respect.

People who are seeking information on their own already are the best candidates to wake people up. I suggest everyone make an youtube account and create an information channel with all the above mentioned videos pics and directions to follow about passing this info forward.

I made a channel where I collected a lot of my favorite videos. The link is in my signature. If everyone made their own channel and then passed out the cd's to get people started. I think teasers really are effective in advertising. You give them just enough to make them want more. But not too much that they become bored or not interested.

Here's a good video to get people started - I'd recommend watching the whole documentary

But maybe only put something like PART 2 on a CD

Here's a video with a list of 100 essential documentries

edit on 25-9-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: add video

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
meh if you're going to link to ATS then you should atleast put a warning... 'take everything you read here with a grain of salt." would probably be the best thing to say or something like "Remember to research and form your OWN opinion, not absorb the opinions of those around you."

I dunno, something to atleast let them know that even this site has it's crack heads...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaden_x
Better idea would be to use USB thumb drives.
They are cheap, small, don't require batteries and have more storage capacity than old cellphones.
Load them with PDFs and other docs and images and spread them around in public places.

That is actually a good idea.. call it the "red pill" or something.... get a bulk amount of them, even just a 1gb/2gb usb drives and put a few things on them, just enough to pique people's interest and maybe start their journey.

Just put a little label/sticker on it say "view me" or "I can open your eyes" or "I'm here to help" or something.

Yeah man, I like it

edit on 25/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Hi i found the phone but sorry didnt read
i loaded the phone with music like this one very much thank you!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

They are cheap, small, don't require batteries and have more storage capacity than old cellphones.
Load them with PDFs and other docs and images and spread them around in public places.

but far less intriguing.

it's all about the bait.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tangled2011
Typical ATS...you've actually got up from the pc, made an effort and now everyone picks faults with it, and will say you've wasted your time.....this of course is coming from the ones who have never left their chair in days.

I say Good on you for making an effort, and if it wakes just 1 more person up then who knows, you may get a reward in karma

Good on you!

ATS wasnt always like this.

id say typical post-2009 ats...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I bet if some of you smarter more savvy ats shoppers put a couple more minutes than I have you could find a bulk amount of jump drives in the several hundred meg to 1 or 2 gig range for pennies. With a 10 second search and list on google shopping I see 4 gig sandisk for $2. Surely there is a few warehouses not further than a state away from any of us dying to get rid of all the "obsolete" ones still sitting on shelves.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

just wanted to expand on this idea ....
check the link below ....I think this is awesome & cheaper than old cellfone
DeadDrops

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Excellent OP

I have done this with certain Books for a while.

About once a month I will leave one somewhere like a coffee shop or train table.

On the inside cover I write

"This book is free to you, I hope you find the information interesting and helps you to get closer to the truth of life. Please once you have finished it, leave it for someone new (dated), and date when you did this below and where."

I have no idea where or how they have been accepted, and I am very selective and carefull of what "books" I leave.

It is good that someone is doing something rather than just talking about it well done OP

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Something else you might want to consider; the average persons attention span is equal to that of a hamster. Getting them to read will be THE task. On the other hand if a pic is worth a thousand words and video multiplies that exponentially, then I say fight fire with fire. People are already indoctrinated to pointing and clicking and in a state of easily being programmed by video, go with it.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
S&F OP.

But I must agree with Jibby at the same time. He's right, people in the 21rst century have very short attention spans. I have handed dozens upon dozens of DVD's to people, only to find out most never watch them, or never finish even half of them.

But I have learned that people love to dig through info that isn't intended for them, or they aren't supposed to know. I have tested this on a few people I know underhandedly,
and voila! one of them went through everything in the documents folder.

I only found out because he admitted to having gone through all the info, and he wanted to know more. That person is now awake because some files were "accidentally" left on a loaner laptop.

Phones, flash drives, or anything else could be used as long as the person thinks they are viewing info not meant for them, or they aren't supposed to know.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Great Idea!!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Originally posted by spw184
what happens when it runs out of battery...

The attention span of the average citizen who may find it will run out faster than the battery will.
I can't get people I know to sit on their asses and watch a 10 min video, never mind making them work for information that betters themselves.

GOLD!! Sad but true. This would have been an awesome idea maybe 40 years ago. But medication pollution chemicals in the water and TV have ruined most of the planet. Admirable sentiment and i applaud your effort. But i fear it wont reach the critical mass you intend BUT By all means if it even awakens 1 person you have changed a life and that is no small thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join