It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was inspired, so I ran with it -- Let's start the MYSTERY PHONE MOVEMENT!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

whats a dropbox?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by spw184

go check it out at dropbox.com, it's an online file sharing service which operates off of a folder that is shared between computers, iphones, or ipads. basically, i put a file in the folder on my comp, and you can see it after it processes.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think there are some good ideas here. Just want to add that giving credit to ATS and including the url in all cases would probably be good. I'd love to see a bunch of new introduction posts saying, "Hey, I found this [phone, flash drive, whatever] and came here to see what's going on!"

Could be a revolution....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This thread reminded me of this

snogdogfrog.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

It's a good one and it's considerably easy. It wouldn't take much more than 10 minutes for a group of us to throw together a group of files that would go on all phones and then all we need is people to go drop em!

revolution is one of my favorite words.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

somebody posted about dead drops on the 1st page. those are really cool, but people have to actively seek them out. make it so they come across it and have nothing to lose by taking it. make it even better by making them think they have something to gain. (by selling it)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Awesome idea brother!

Never thought of anything like that before. Good on you for making a effort. I will definately be doing a variation of this before the end of the year.

Just imagine if every single ATS user did the same thing. We would have the potential to wake at least a few thousand people up!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

EXACTLY... flames start as sparks..

we can be the spark =)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaden_x
Better idea would be to use USB thumb drives.
They are cheap, small, don't require batteries and have more storage capacity than old cellphones.
Load them with PDFs and other docs and images and spread them around in public places.

You know what? This is one hell of an idea! I ride the light rail in Phoenix almost every day and I could just start dropping them on the train!

edit on 24-9-2011 by DJDigitalGem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaden_x
Better idea would be to use USB thumb drives.

While a lot of people would keep a thumb drive they found lying around, from a computer security point of view its like a virus laden bomb.

NEVER use a thumb drive you've found lying about. With some viruses, simply plugging it in is enough (if you have autorun activated). With some viruses like stuxnet, simply looking through the contents is enough to get your computer infected.

Buying them from the shops is dangerous enough already.

In fact, leaving thumb drive lying about (a "media drop") is a well used tactic for gaining access to a secure facility. eg. Yoiu want to know what goes on inside XYZEVIL Corporation? Throw a few thumb drives with your tracker software over the fence into the carpark.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

Great idea. I think I will do that myself.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is a great story! I hope someone ingeneous finds the phone, charges it, and spreads the word. I think it would be great to think of some other ideas like this, like leaving a folder on a park bench full of information, an email chain of some sort, I don't know...

I'd def. participate.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
We could use CD's. They are even cheaper than Flash drives and you can write a note and stick it in the plastic cover ensuring it isn't damaged by rain or so forth.

You could stick them in people's mailboxes. The only problem I see here is I wouldn't know what information to put on the limited amount of storage space and I am suspicous that many would either through them away immediately or get bored of reading the information and not care.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
adding onto the thumb drive idea, get a sticker that says secret and make it look all official...
shoot i would donate to a npo that just mass produces them and leaves them everywhere.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
CD's??? What are those?

I'have a couple iPhones i'll load up and leave somewhere.... This is a great idea..

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Good for you OP! Thank you for your effort, sacrifice & time you took to do that! Great Job! S&F for you...Can't wait to hear something/anything further on this..
to the rest of you taking action

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I dig ATS a lot, but I think the inclusion of the branding kind of tarnishes the idea a bit. Makes it seem more like advertising. Takes away some of the mystery. Especially if they come and see this thread.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

CDs are even cheaper. You can burn CD for as little as 17 cents each.

www.blankcdmedia.com...

Not as much storeage but a lot cheaper.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Figure I would chime in with what I have been doing...

Like JibbyJedi said on the first page... most people wont even watch a 10 min video... But I do hope people would give a free dvd a try...

I mix up all kinds of documentaries on dvds, make a custom load screen and link to ATS and infowars for further info/getting involved... ill put 2-3 dvds in a sleeve and pass them around all over the place... tape them to redbox/blockbuster rental machines, say FREE DVDs, Save your money!

Its not too awful expensive to do, and pretty easy, especially if you have an extra PC to burn them, staples has 100 dvds for 20 bucks, paper sleeves are 5$ per 100

If anyone interested, heres a list of the documentaries I pass around:

Invisible Empire, Loose Change 2nd edition, Collapse, The American Dream Film, END CIV: Resist or Die, College Conspiracy, Zeitgeist Addendum, Zeitgeist Moving Forward, 9/11 Hollywood speaks out, Collective Evolution, Into the Fire, Fluoride Deception and End of Liberty...

If you havent seen any of those, they are well worth watching... most are on youtube

The best 2 documentaries to wake people up, IMO are, Zeitgeist Addendum, and Loose Change

IMO atleast you are doing something, but reaching out to only 1 possible person, compared to the DVD or CD idea, it blows the phone idea away

There is also this thing people do now, its called Geo Caching, its an app on smart phones(and on a website, but phone makes it 100% easier with GPS tracking in your hand), where you can find "easter eggs" that people leave behind for others to find, I had thought about doing that to try and wake people up by placing some "red pills" around the area... but I dont have a cell phone so it would make it pretty hard to track it on the Geo Cache website
edit on 24-9-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

I like this idea. Especially the redbox/blockbuster rental idea. However, and I feel like the perpetual party pooper, I think the links to ats and infowars are not the best idea because the casual investigator might be turned off. First I think infowars is just conspiracy theory for hire and second though ATS has a lot of awesome content (why i'm here) some of the loonier stuff that is published here would turn away someone that is nothing more than a little curious.
edit on 24-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join