It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got an old mobile phone? Use it for one last wake up call...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+65 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
K, so, this is my 2nd thread so feel free to knit-pick the grammar etc.
Obligatory second line asking of this is in the wrong forum would the mod please move it for me.
Other obligatory line pointing out that I'm too lazy to search if this topic has been covered before.

One of the problems as i see it is that, the mainstream media have everybody glued to their hypno-tubes watching distracto-TV rather than being concerned with real world/life effecting issues.
It also seems that once you get enough of these real facts to sink in, it gives them a thirst for it and before you know it they're awake.

So how to get the message out

Well, here's what i plan to do with my old mobile phone, feel free to join in if you think its a good idea.
Rather than keep it in a drawer or sell it.

1) delete all my "stuff" of course then remove all the security so it can be easily accessed.
2) replace the wallpaper/desktop with some text saying something along the lines of.

"thanks for finding my phone, it OK you can keep it, if you have a browse in the memory you will find its full of some interesting docs. and some videos too.
they won't sell you anything and they won't ask you to join a cult, but you might find them interesting.
They explain how your being lied to and stolen from, poisoned, indoctrinated and cheated...."

you get the idea..
Please feel free to suggest other wording/message for the front screen.

3) fill it with "useful stuff" - vids, docs, links to sites etc.

This is the main reason for the post really, what do you suggest as appropriate "wake-up" vids/docs/websites?
I'm sure the " what info? in what order to wake people up?" questions have been raised before, though the idea of using this method changes things slightly (capacity limits, accessibility on this medium etc.).

4) Charge it and leave it in a public place.

OK, suggest away!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hmm I actually kind of like that idea.

Theres a person around my area that puts stickers on all of the lamp posts and bus shelters and things with the addresses of alternative news websites and little phrases like. "aspartame is poison" and those always make me smile

This seems much better as you can get a lot more info across and hopefully someone that needs a phone gets one for free into the bargain!

Nice

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I have plenty of old mobiles that i can upload stuff on but what are we going to do about the people who are to stupid to wake up as oppose to the people who are okay living life "Jacked In"

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BobbyShaftoe

That's pretty cool outside thinking there. But I donate all my old phones (about every two years) to a battered womens shelter.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Star and flagged my friend for your out of the box thinking. If you need a graphic artist to create some (free) backgrounds for your phones/idea/whatever, feel free to send me a PM or U2U as they're known on ATS. (Any chance for me to whip out Photoshop I will!)

In fact, I'll create a couple of computer wallpapers and upload them tomorrow which you (and anyone else) can upload to various sites if you want or email to friends.

Goodnight!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It would be unfortunate if someone of real intelligence found a cell phone sitting.
Granted, He'd probably let it sit there if he/she had a look through it...
+

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Sounds a little too pricey and difficult compared to simply leaving binders full of paper around town. I love the idea but you use the phone, its gone, there's a chance the person finding the phone didn't even read the documents. Simple paper can be printed many many times and would be more viable for most people.

btw, I think its great you are doing this, but maybe people who don't have old phones sitting around could get involved this way ^^^. Good luck!

edit on 21-6-2011 by BrianC because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2011 by BrianC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

First off, I could care less about your grammar and punctuation...I am not one of those fellows.

Secondly, what an awesome idea...great post...S&F for the idea!

I like the implication of where it could go...and the thought of "one last wake up call" is priceless!

Thanks for the thread...I will curiously stand by and see where it goes!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

LOL... instead of having a baby to fill its head with your ideas, religion, culture, beliefs, etc... lets leave a fully charged phone filled with our ideas embedded in for others to take on board. Either way... both become instruments for personal propaganda/memes/temes to move into another existence. Is this a representation of a viral culture or the virus within us? Great idea....lol. I'm amused.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubjectSixteen
I have plenty of old mobiles that i can upload stuff on but what are we going to do about the people who are to stupid to wake up as oppose to the people who are okay living life "Jacked In"

We call them "Cyphers" in my social circles, just like the guy in the matrix they'd rather eat steak.
hopefully they show the phone to someone else and say " have you seen this nonsense" and the someone else doesn't think so, eventually the Cyphers will follow the majority I think, once we become the majority.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I gave you a flag because I too also think this could be a very clever idea. Just make sure that you are fully versed in what kind of personal information might be gleaned from a "cleaned" cell. And make sure to remove the sim card.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

You missed a comma... should be: "...knit-pick the grammar, etc."
LoL-- just messing with you!

I think you have a novel idea here! First thing that came to mind when I thought of someone doing this was... wipe off your fingerprints! If the finder turned it in to a power-hungry evil authority, they may figure out a way to name you an 'enemy of the state' or whatever. Well, I wonder if they could use the serial number to trace it back to you anyway. It's a great idea, but does anyone know if you could be cited for 'slander' or 'libel' in something you type out and leave laying around like this?

Anyway, I like the way you think!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well. Taking the same principle, you can do that much more efficiently, and cheaply as well. Use thumbdrives. a 2gb thumbdrive can hold a lot of data for the purpose you're talking about. and costs around 10 - 15 dollars, you can even get combo packs for a steal. Buy a bunch of those, load them up. and litter them in public places. people will look, and will see. Curiosity is human nature

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

In fact, I'll create a couple of computer wallpapers and upload them tomorrow which you (and anyone else) can upload to various sites if you want or email to friends.

Goodnight!

thats the ticket! share it here, i have dreams of this leading to 1GB/4GB/8GB wakeup packs on rapidshare/torrent or some such. but lets make a list first.
i think the "the story of your enslavement" vid should be there.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

That isn't as good of an idea as you think, even though I probably will do it, it really is an awesome idea. But...I am a student at Devry, I build web sites and repair computers. I know a lot of code, and I charge people a lot of money to get their deleted data back.
You see, nothing you delete as a standard user ever leaves your computer or mobile phone. I get pictures and documents from people's computers that were deleted 7 years ago. Some programs can wipe it and try to destroy the data, and as long as you use a good wiping program you should be fine because a good wiping program will first-delete all information, then wipe the information, then write over the information with a crap ton of jargon that makes no sense, and then wipes and deletes again. You can tell the program to wipe or erase 30 times if you want. But deleting your personal information from a phone takes a little work.

But for practical measures on a cellphone at least search for your phone type and make sure you have cleared it and reset it.

You should go here: www.recellular.com... and see how to safely wipe yours (of what can be wiped).
Cheers and great idea!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd

That isn't as good of an idea as you think, even though I probably will do it, it really is an awesome idea. But...I am a student at Devry, I build web sites and repair computers. I know a lot of code, and I charge people a lot of money to get their deleted data back.
You see, nothing you delete as a standard user ever leaves your computer or mobile phone. I get pictures and documents from people's computers that were deleted 7 years ago. Some programs can wipe it and try to destroy the data, and as long as you use a good wiping program you should be fine because a good wiping program will first-delete all information, then wipe the information, then write over the information with a crap ton of jargon that makes no sense, and then wipes and deletes again. You can tell the program to wipe or erase 30 times if you want. But deleting your personal information from a phone takes a little work.

But for practical measures on a cellphone at least search for your phone type and make sure you have cleared it and reset it.

You should go here: www.recellular.com... and see how to safely wipe yours (of what can be wiped).
Cheers and great idea!

Thats good thinking there. I'm also in IT. I do the same with all my drives. If im selling them anyways.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I actually like that idea, OP.. An awesome use of an old, otherwise unused cell phone. If I was to ever happen to cross one, the background text alone would conjure enough curiosity to make it impossible for me to not check into whatever videos and photos left on it. I imagine it would have a similar effect on others if not for a few who would scoff at the idea of such conspiracies. An out-of-the-box way to scatter the information nonetheless..

However, I can also imagine it might not go over too well in certain instances.. Electronic waste, Littering, and all that. You know the drill..

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobbyShaftoe

*nitpick

Other obligatory line pointing out that I'm too lazy to search if this topic has been covered before.

Oh, see this is where I stopped reading because I'm so tired of seeing NINE threads a day about the same thing. If you're not going to use the search function, at least have the social grace to pretend the search function doesn't work properly.

Sorry for being off-topic, but I'm hoping to inform your future awesome posts.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

i find a degausser does the trick (i'm also an IT professional in the real world too) BTW 7 to 12 re-writes across a sector will make the data unrecoverable. but a degausser is quicker (seconds to do a whole disk).

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

I like the implication of where it could go...and the thought of "one last wake up call" is priceless!

Oh, that's good! --Fully charged, and the alarm set to ring. The person picks it up, stops the alarm, and the screen says: "One Last Wake-up Call! Take this home and STUDY EVERYTHING ON IT!!!"

Since you set the alarm, you'll know when to hide in the bushes and watch how it goes...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join