It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: As your sun is setting.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Clearly it is because Athiests are really angry, vengeful, horrible people...and people who are religious, especially Christians, don't at all have a history of passive-aggressive or aggressive behaviour against Athiests, heretics, libertines, or non-believers; only openmindedness toward all beliefs and have certainly they have never had any sort of crusade in which countless numbers of said non-religious have been burned, stoned, killed or otherwise cast out to the fringes of society or made to feel unwelcome in the mainstream of society....all of this certainly not being the case for all of history, until about...yesterday.

Oh, and besides, Athiests eat kittens.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by madhatr137

sarcasm, love it

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Baby boy, my atheism is here to stay until Jesus shows up and does the Fandango in my face. Even then Jesus might get shot at. no hippies dancing on my door.

There is no sun setting for me, is the 27 September supposed to change what I really believe too ? Damn that's must some powerful doom. I believe in only myself, when others in the world learn that, we'll get somewhere.

Most of us have our right to be angry, Christians try to enforce their religion upon us.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I'm no atheist. I believe in God. I don't believe in any religion. I'm an areligiost.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I really hate these types of threads, they can best be described as religious trolling. The OP makes a claim then leaves, no where to be seen to debate the OP. I mean what is the problem these people have with atheists. I mean if they were so confident in their beliefs why on earth would they care what others believe or dont believe?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Wasn't there an "Atheist sun setting" thread on BTS not long ago?

They're just sad.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I believe We ( modern day humans ) are the result of experiments by people from the stars .
I believe we have a strong inbuilt yearning for our creators to return , so to ease this yearning we created a GOD figure . Much the same as a lonely child will invent an invisible playmate.

Try to live as good a life as possible . Pass on any knowledge you learn . Be tolerent of others . Have patience and be able to analyse a situation before acting upon it and you will have lived a better life than any preached by the so called holy books .

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
The OP makes a claim then leaves, no where to be seen to debate the OP.

He might be in bed , fast asleep .

edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Many, if not most, are indoctrinated at a very young age to believe in God. With no proof, other than what they are told at home or in church, they are supposed to believe in one of the most fantastic fairy tales every told. If religion were to be held to the same burden of proof that science is, what would it show? A book, re written and edited numerous times to fit what a close circle of religious leaders want you to think. Why do some writings make it in and others not? Why are there secret books and writings hidden in the Vatican? Because it does not tell the story the way they want it told. More money has been made and more harm done in the name of God or Allah, than any other reason. Tithing to the church just makes me think you have to buy your way in to heaven. We have more proof of UFOs and aliens than any church has proof of God.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
I believe We ( modern day humans ) are the result of experiments by people from the stars .

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
There is no noticable "Atheist aggression". It is far less noticable than the christian aggression around(how Ironic). Muslim aggression is also pretty bad in some places of the world, but not on these forums, same with jewish aggression.

This is a discussion forum, where people debate ideas. If people make claims that can be falsified, religious or not, those claims get challenged. Then some people(I'd say like you, but I don't know your posting history exactly) ignore having your claims falsified and keep posting them, only for them to keep being challenged.

Atheists are to Believers what Debunkers are to unjustified Conspiracy Theorists. And believers react with the same hate as the theorists.

Theists are generally more mocking, and I'll say that doesn't apply to all of them. Occasionally there's mocking atheists, and you think that gives you a right to apply that the to rest of the majority that aren't like that.

~
Realistically, there are many reasons for atheists to bring up their beliefs at times, and to challenge other beliefs. Politics for example, is filled with issues fueled specifically from a certain religion. But most(not all) athiests don't go around bringing up their beliefs in areas where religion is a non-issue.

~
P.S. As the percentage of the world population of Christians falls, and atheism grows faster than most religions ever did. As science and education continue to support and find evidence for what the atheists believe and theists try to deny. As the most brilliant minds speak out against god superstitions, and governments continue to become more secular. How, at all, is the sun setting on atheism?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Are you not mocking and denigrating atheists with this very thread?

I suggest people stop trying to boost their egos by winning and proving things on here. It's highly annoying.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
OP. I have a question for you.

I wasted almost 3 decades of my life as a christian. Why is it that since I have become an atheist, I have found more compassion, forgiveness, willingness to give, fellowship, and understanding, just to name a few, among my atheist and agnostic friends than I ever did in the church.

Now before you say it's because I am now one of them, and they love their own, where were all those things and more when I was a devout christian? And one of the church?

I find it odd that I often see more christian traits from non christians than I ever did among christians.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Very well spoken and honest of you!!!!

Atheists are more rounded and have many fine qualities religious people can only claim to have!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I think that some atheists see the fundamentalist fear mongering prevalent in so much of national and world politics as a threat to all of our security and speak out as a voice of reason in the face of authoritarian utilization of religious idealism.

edit on 9/24/2011 by iforget because: opps

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The fact that there are Christians out there that do not understand how awesome it is to be an atheist in this country haven't tried being one in public (meaning not hiding).

The grief given is pretty ridiculous. Personally, I'm of the impression that Christians (to use them as an example), generally hurt themselves by giving non-worldly reasons for their opinions on public matters. Abortion is a great example (please, this is not an intro to a rabbit trail).

I am a pro-life atheist, but my case is done from my reasoning of the world rather than a cherry-picked book. On the news, in our culture, by our politicians, our national stance in the world, etc is rife with Christian references that have no meaning to those not Christian.

Atheists are viewed as the least trustworthy group in America and are scorned by many and ridiculed or marginalized frequently. This kind of constant bombardment of, what many of us consider non-sense, gets really old and is literally impossible to debate with the "true believer".

Peace
KJ

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
OP, your thread title alone is antagonistic and it is exactly this type of demeanor that creates animosity between Christians and atheists. Why can't Christians be content to live their lives under their own set of beliefs and let other people do the same? Why do they have this intense desire to impose their views on others and to act superior to those who don't share their beliefs? Why the need to create an atmosphere of fear of the threat of eternal fire? If you people think these tactics are effective ways of witnessing to others, then I invite you to peruse the past few thousand years of history where you will find this has done nothing but alienate others and give them all the reason they need to dismiss your views.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yet another straw man argument against "angry atheists".

Really?

Is this the best that theists can muster anymore? Because the more we see this kind of provocation the more it reveals the emotional insecurity and intellectual void of the provocateur. There are highly intellectual theists here on this very site and never do they present such a tired and egregious fallacy.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I am an atheist, well, at least that is what I am labelled for not believing. I am not angry in any way but posts like this annoy me a little.

"I believe [no pun intended] that it is far more reprehensible to mock and denigrate a person’s personal beliefs than it is to be wrong about something."

You are almost doing that yourself to us, the atheists.

"So, why the anger?"

What anger? who is angry? where are the angry people? This is making me angry.

"Why the stock answers?"

From whom??

" Why the closed minds?"

This 1 made me laugh. I have a closed mind if I choose not to believe in god? Yet your mind is not closed because you chose to believe in something that is based on words and pictures from a book?

" Why the fury and intolerance of those who believe?"

Why the fury and intolerance of those who don't believe?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I really hate these types of threads, they can best be described as religious trolling. The OP makes a claim then leaves, no where to be seen to debate the OP. I mean what is the problem these people have with atheists. I mean if they were so confident in their beliefs why on earth would they care what others believe or dont believe?

He will return. Look for him coming from the east as the sun rises on the second day.

Or as someone else said he could be in bed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join