It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: As your sun is setting.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by fatpastyhead

well said.

we not angry, we live in the realms of reality so no need to be angry!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I appreciate the replies and opinions,thank you.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

What not angry? thats better!

And you are welcome!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Not angry here either -- I just use faith based as a litmus test for ignorance -- for instance creationists, rapture, Armageddon, various forms of irrational bigotry - and a distrust of science and facts in general. Yeah I guess I am an intellectual elitist. In any case these are not the people I choose to make rational decisions affecting my life. If god talks to you - you are hearing voices - you don't need to be making decisions regarding war or making laws that affect millions of people.
edit on 24-9-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

You mad bro?

Seems like it.

I skeet on mary magdalene!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Where does it say that atheists are always angry?????? We pass no judgement upon you, we only ask that our views and what we believe be left without critisim and judgement..

It is the christian and chatolic that judge's us, even when their God says I only have the right to judge....

And to say that we are the ones that are not open minded is crazy....

80% of christians and catholics have never read the Bible, have never been baptised, have never had a serious conversation about their views on their own religion!!!!!!!!! They think because mommy and daddy were that it makes them..... Does that sound open minded?????

All Atheist question themselves, that is the point of being Atheist, not to worship the devil, i personally believe there is a higher being good and bad.... I have studied multiple religions, most of which are the same stories just different names and places....

SO B4 YOU DECIDED TO DO ANOTHER POST ABOUT ATHEISTS, QUESTION YOURSELF..... JUST BECAUSE YOUR RELIGION IS THE MAJORITY DOESNT MAKE IT RIGHT..... IT MAKES YOU A FOLLOWER AND NOT A LEADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY RELIGION IS TO BETTER MYSELF EVERYDAY WHICH WILL MAKE A BETTER 2MORROW.. URS IS TO GO ALONG WITH THE FLOW AND HAVE "FAITH" SOMEONE ELSE WILL MAKE THINGS BETTER!!!

"GOD" is in us all, we have the power to make 2morrow better than 2day.... WE DO!!!!!!!! why give up that power!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Curious.

1,I never said I was angry.

2,I asked for people to respond and not react.

3,I never said I was religious.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I just think you're out trollin' ...

Each to their own I guess

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

None of what you have said is true. I have not noticed an increase in atheistic anger (I don't see them as being angry at all actually), nor do I consider their arguments to be 'stock answers' having no substance.

I do, however, see how religious institutions attempt to influence government decisions, and can completely understand the ire of those people who do not want religious influence within our governments. That is THEIR choice, why do you attack it?
edit on 24/9/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

You know what happens when people of faith stop trying to influence government? We get heathen who butcher unborn babies like cattle, treat them like they are not even human when their DNA says 100% human. DNA does not lie.

You won't see anyone that calls themselves a "christian" condoning the murder of unborn babies, not a true believer of the Living God. Jesus said "suffer the little children to come unto me", not "butcher the babies, i want something to eat".

Being without God means you are amoral, you have no inhibition and you follow your own selfish desires and you suffer from godlessness. You are willing to entertain ideas and actions that would horrify people of moral standards.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lyrc07

As an agnostic myself, I have to point out that no one blew up in this thread until you came along. Everyone shot holes in the op like swiss cheese while remaining calm and logical. Did you notice how the op kept quiet until you came along with your ALL CAPS proclamation. You took the troll bait hook, line, and sinker.

And concerning the op, there are hundreds of religions in this world. One billion christians and six billion "others". That's not even counting the numerous denominations of christianity, all claiming to be the right path and the rest are heretics, that further fracture their religion. How do you know you are any more correct in your beliefs than the rest of the world? I ask that you keep an open mind and not to be so passive-aggressive.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Wow, um, keep on preaching that love and tolerance brother......

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'll bite...

I have never said that I was angry, nor have I ever discussed my personal beliefs on this forum. What I have done is call out the misguided religious zealots who clog ATS up with their unbelievably ignorant threads.

My personal favorite quote by these members is from the wonderfully idiotic RevelationGeneration.

"Catholics aren't Christians."

Remember that people, the next time you decide to debate these types of threads. You're not dealing with a full deck. I get the itchy feeling that these are older or banned members under different names, and having a bit of fun with ATS- but that's just the conspiracy in me

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by buskey
“People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.”
(Dave Barry)

If you know the truth why would you listen to lies

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
militant atheism is the only way to get rid of the evils of religion. i think we have been to PC and too accepting, the path to peace includes the destruction of religion

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

who's sun is setting ?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You know what happens when people of faith stop trying to influence government? We get heathen who butcher unborn babies like cattle, treat them like they are not even human when their DNA says 100% human. DNA does not lie.

And what do we get when we have people of faith influencing the government? Wars started on the delusion of some people are the "chosen ones" and we need to protect them.

You won't see anyone that calls themselves a "christian" condoning the murder of unborn babies, not a true believer of the Living God. Jesus said "suffer the little children to come unto me", not "butcher the babies, i want something to eat".

God condones the murder of unborn children several times in the bible.
Hosea prays for God’s intervention.“Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. Give them, 0 Lord: what wilt thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts...Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.” Clearly Hosea desires that the people of Ephraim can no longer have children. God of course obeys by making all their unborn children miscarry. Is not terminating a pregnancy unnaturally “abortion”?

(Moses)“Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him.” In other words: women that might be pregnant, which clearly is abortion for the fetus

God promises to dash to pieces the infants of Samaria and the “their women with child shall be ripped up”. Once again this god kills the unborn, including their pregnant mothers.

Being without God means you are amoral, you have no inhibition and you follow your own selfish desires and you suffer from godlessness. You are willing to entertain ideas and actions that would horrify people of moral standards.

Just look at history what has been done in Gods name is far more horrific than anything the atheist have even thought of doing.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Angry? No. Offended, perhaps. Please, before leaping from the cliffs in indignation, consider this fictional situation:
A child is born into a family, and each day, that child is fed only a few select items. All others are out of the question. This child is not allowed to question the parents about the diet at home, and is expected to adhere to this restrictive diet at all times, in all situations regardless of circumstance.
The child is nourished, but is he happy? Who can tell, since he is ignorant of the outer world's gastronomic diversity.
One day, the kid next to him pulls out an apple. Our fictional waif asks as to the apple, having never seen one before. He is offered a slice, and behold! A new door opens. To the parents, this is disaster, to the child, it is a revelation. The child is punished, shunned, shamed, and in the eyes of his parents, doomed. The dear little tot, who once never knew but only a few plain (yet sustaining) foods has now grown to be a chef of fame, and loves with all his heart discovering the tastes and flavors of foods from all over the world, from all cultures and beliefs, without the constricting chokehold his parents had held over his youth. They were raised in such a way, as were their parents, and so on and so forth. Imagine... and no, this is no one I am writing about, just a fictional character who represents every child who has ever been told not to do this or that, because there would be "Hell to pay" or some other vague threat. Common sense tells us not to kill, not to steal, not to rape or do bad things. It does not tell us who to love, what to eat, (as long as its not poisonous) or do stupid things that will hurt ourselves or others. If my neighbor decides he wants to marry his lover, then that's great! If someone who was never allowed to have pork suddenly turns into a bacon addict, go for it, just watch your weight! It hurts no one, folks, to live your life and be happy. Just do the right thing, be nice to others, and there you go, life is won!
I was raised a christian. The preacher spouted enough hate to make hitler proud, and he is still doing so, running a neat little cult here in east texas. If I had it in me, I would spare a bit of pity for the bitter soul, but seeing how he fleeces his flock for untold monies without paying a dime in taxes kills any idea of that. He's making a fortune on his message of hate, fear, intolerance, and loathing for those who live differently than himself. I would call him an American Taliban, but since I haven't heard him lately (nor will I, his words are too foul for my constitution) I won't go quite that far. Besides, he's too selfish to encourage others to kill themselves, he would loose his income.
Seriously, folks. I've learned more about cultures from their myths, legends, religions, and habits. I love the animism of the Shinto, the peaceful silence of Tao, the colorful and joyful celebration of Hinduism ( I claim Durga as my personal goddess), and the calm of Buddhism. Wisdom is found in many forms, but not hate, not intolerance, not found in beating the unbeliever over the head with a bible or koran until submission.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I think it's the angsty teens that are to blame for the negative views toward atheism.

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
militant atheism is the only way to get rid of the evils of religion. i think we have been to PC and too accepting, the path to peace includes the destruction of religion

People like this.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Quibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

it is far more reprehensible for all the god lovers to get on hear and preach with no proof! at least if i tell you i saw a ufo i would post a photo as some form of proof !

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I know several professed atheists none of whom are angry at religion people. Between the two positions it is atheism which is the more scientific as it is the logical result of examining evidence. There is no evidence for God so no believer may claim that his/her view is scientific. It just can't be done.

Science cannot have an opinion about the existence of God because of the lack of hard evidence. That's it pure and simple. Atheists are not angry at religion people. Unless they are sick and tired of being preached at. For this I would not blame them.

The above is the reason science stops at the big bang. They cannot go further back from that point until they find new evidence. There is zero evidence for the Biblical version of creation. It is exceedingly illogical and nonsensical. There is much evidence for a moment of beginning however.

Using science we sort those two out and discard the religious view because we have to.
edit on 24-9-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join